Season 4

neo

Did anyone know about season 4?

"[colour=#000000]Investment documents for DHX Media's 2012 financial year indicate that they have also been paid to produce a fourth season.[/colour][colour=#000000] Meghan McCarthy, Tara Strong and other writers and voice actors have discussed aspects of Season 4 at various brony conventions and through her [/colour]Twitter[colour=#000000] account[/colour][colour=#000000] Hasbro's vice president for international distribution, Finn Arnesen, has stated that [/colour]My Little Pony[colour=#000000] is currently a "top-priority" brand for the company and expects the series to continue for some time. [/colour]" - Wikipedia

I believe it...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_My_Little_Pony:_Friendship_Is_Magic_episodes

P.S. no air date...

Everybody guessed, I knew it'd happen at some point.

However don't trust the hype around it, never trust it since hyping yourself up for it and it turns out to be a disappointment. I learnt that rather cruel lesson the hard way with the gaming industry, no doubt the quality in MLP took a significant downward spiral since it was basically rushed out. I barely remember 85% of Season 3, except that one ep with the Wonderbolts and Rainbow Dash and that other episode which had Rainbow Blitz (RD's dad, I've grown used to calling him that) unlike it's predecessor seasons which had much more memorable moments. Quite frankly, I'm not excited for this new season because it only goes downhill from here after Season 3 which in itself, was barely memorable.

I had suspected this since near the beginning of Season 3, as much as I enjoyed the show I've come to notice a slide in script-writing quality as the season went on until near the end with that god awful and incredibly cringe-worthy awkward episode about the Equestrian Games (or Olympics whatever it was called...) I could barely watch it. Nuff' said.

As much as I hope they'd improve the signs in the show's quality are telling me it won't.

However don't trust the hype around it, never trust it since hyping yourself up for it and it turns out to be a disappointment. I learnt that rather cruel lesson the hard way with the gaming industry.

I know right? Aliens Colonial Marines man... Pre-ordered the limited edition with all of the fancy DLC and stuff, mad hype yo.

Then... Then I played it...

I know right? Aliens Colonial Marines man... Pre-ordered the limited edition with all of the fancy DLC and stuff, mad hype yo.

Then... Then I played it...

That's why I wait until after the release date to see if a game I consider getting is worth the money, no amount of DLC, hype and good reviews can save a terribad game such as Aliens: Colonial Marines.

Now I'm getting a feeling that Hasbro or the animation team behing MLP:FiM will try to disproportionately hype season 4 up then when it arrives, it crashes and burns in a spectacular fashion like the whole Mass Effect 3 deal because right now that's what it's looking like.

Season 4 coming out was never in doubt. The fandom has been as active as ever, and it doesn't look like we're going anywhere any time soon. And honestly, as long as there's a large audience, especially the bronies, Hasbro's going to keep pumping out Pony until it becomes a clear case of nothing but profit.

Hopefully, and this is a very big "hopefully," they'll learn from their mistakes in season 3 and go back to the quality of the prior two seasons. If they don't... Well... At least we still have fan works to rely on.

Season 3 wasn't too bad... apart from that loads of Pinkie Pie episode and Twilicorn. God, how much I hate the concept of that and how much the script was poorly written, whilst that Pinkie Pie episode made me so bored I haven't watched it again. The first two episodes got the season off to a slow start, but they weren't bad, just below expectations.

The first episodes will probably air in about a year, around the first quarter of 2014. That should be enough time to make decent episodes for all of us.

However don't trust the hype around it, never trust it since hyping yourself up for it and it turns out to be a disappointment. I learnt that rather cruel lesson the hard way with the gaming industry, no doubt the quality in MLP took a significant downward spiral since it was basically rushed out. I barely remember 85% of Season 3, except that one ep with the Wonderbolts and Rainbow Dash and that other episode which had Rainbow Blitz (RD's dad, I've grown used to calling him that) unlike it's predecessor seasons which had much more memorable moments. Quite frankly, I'm not excited for this new season because it only goes downhill from here after Season 3 which in itself, was barely memorable.

I had suspected this since near the beginning of Season 3, as much as I enjoyed the show I've come to notice a slide in script-writing quality as the season went on until near the end with that god awful and incredibly cringe-worthy awkward episode about the Equestrian Games (or Olympics whatever it was called...) I could barely watch it. Nuff' said.

As much as I hope they'd improve the signs in the show's quality are telling me it won't.

I agree with you 100% there! The thing is, the writers were really fated with Season 3, namely a lot of "traditional approaches" like two-parters, were either under-developed ("The Crystal Empire 1 & 2") or abandoned and instead rushed beyond anything ("Magical Mystery Cure") when they really needed a two-parter. From a writers standpoint, the writing itself was rushed and un-realistic. For example, in Part II of CE, the fact Twilight had to "pass a test" by saving the CE seemed like an essay that's key points had nothing to do with the thesis and were instead forced to satisfy the condition.

"One Bad Seed" may or may not have taken the gauntlet for being the most un-realistic... Though MLP:FiM is a show for little girls, the fact that a bully would all of the sudden realize her mistakes and become "repentful" after getting a taste of her own medicine seems either highly optimistic, or a result of bad judgement on the writers part, though I really don't criticize them b/c it's hard to write something in so little a time frame. Having been bullied myself, making friends is the last thing on a bullies list second only to death.

It also appeared that there were characters being thrown into scenes or even individual episodes that could of done with less or totally without. Again, refering back to CE I honestly thought Cadance's role should of been minimal, instead why not have Shining Armor do all the work protecting the empire while she comes last minute to save the Crystal Heart. Heck, Luna should of been the one while SA and Cadance were still off on their honeymoon! ... why FancyPants was in Ponyville, I'll never know.

Another thing I cannot stomach is the villian-conversions. Discord and Trixie's "conversion" practically killed what inertia they were garnering being the antagonists and nearly made me quit MLP entirely. The reasons why seem a bit fishy. Perhaps it was done to cater to the adoring fans? Or to sell more toys? Yet how they dedicate one entire episode to S.1 & 2 villians while making it harder for potential new ones to even get as much time space, i.e King Sombra, the Timber wolves seemed troubling. Was it b/c they really didn't know what characteristics Sombra would have?

I don't want to burst anyone's bubble, but season 3 felt like a soap-opera TBH. So much drama for the sake of drama! Unlike S.2 I'm beginning to think the impact of the shows success has gotten to the DHX and the writers heads. Really, stop, breathe, and if they have to, postpone the launch date! Quality is better than quantity.

I actually enjoyed most of season 3. Sure it had it's bad parts, but it had great parts too. I enjoyed Sleepless In Ponyville, Wonderbolts Academy, Magic Duel (Namely due to Zecora being a magic mentor), and One Bad Apple (any excuse to hear CMC sing). As for Bab's behavior in OBA, she isn't normally a bully, she just didn't want to be bullied (although they could have showed her at least feeling bad about it....)

But enough about season 3! This thread is labeled season 4, so we need to talk about that! What do you guys think is going to happen in 4? I think one of the CMC is going to get her cutie mark and the group has to learn how to deal with it. After all, how can you still be a cutie mark crusader if you have a cutie mark?

Season 4 starts....

This winter!

http://family-room.ew.com/2013/03/19/my-little-pony-friendship-is-magic-returns-this-winter-exclusive/

I know..It's like 4 or even 5 Evers from now..But it sure beats the 'Middle of next year' I heard on a blog.

The fact that after a short season that started later then previous seasons they are going to start the next season even later is annoying

"One Bad Seed" may or may not have taken the gauntlet for being the most un-realistic... Though MLP:FiM is a show for little girls, the fact that a bully would all of the sudden realize her mistakes and become "repentful" after getting a taste of her own medicine seems either highly optimistic, or a result of bad judgement on the writers part, though I really don't criticize them b/c it's hard to write something in so little a time frame. Having been bullied myself, making friends is the last thing on a bullies list second only to death.

Babs isn't a bully. She is a victim that was put in a position where she could take extreme actions to avoid being a victim of other bullies. After seeing the ones she attacked risk themselves to save her she realized that the path she was taking migh have been easier but those she was spending time with lacked integrity and she needed to stand up for herself rather then try to go along with the bullies

lets just put some things we think might be in season 4 like......

I think that pinkie will have a mental brake down again

[colour=#000000]I have looked up on EQD and I'm preaty sure it said winter of 2014 so...[/colour]

The fact that after a short season that started later then previous seasons they are going to start the next season even later is annoying

[colour=#282828]"One Bad Seed" may or may not have taken the gauntlet for being the most un-realistic... Though MLP:FiM is a show for little girls, the fact that a bully would all of the sudden realize her mistakes and become "repentful" after getting a taste of her own medicine seems either highly optimistic, or a result of bad judgement on the writers part, though I really don't criticize them b/c it's hard to write something in so little a time frame. Having been bullied myself, making friends is the last thing on a bullies list second only to death.
[/colour]

Babs isn't a bully. She is a victim that was put in a position where she could take extreme actions to avoid being a victim of other bullies. After seeing the ones she attacked risk themselves to save her she realized that the path she was taking migh have been easier but those she was spending time with lacked integrity and she needed to stand up for herself rather then try to go along with the bullies

I agree with this completely. At one point in my life I was in Babs's position so I know how she felt. I actually bullied a kid (I'm not proud of it), but after a while we became friends.

Ive got high hopes for Season 4. Twilicorn's adventures as newly crowned princess, a rumored unicorn that Ive been hearing about that might be in the mane 6, Discord's adventures being "reformed" and particularly the Equestrian Games. Maybe some other pony-metropolises like Trottingham or Las Pegasus being shown as well. I would like to see a Luna/Celestia themed episode, maybe a sort of day in the life of the sister princesses so to speak. Just the wait for the first episode is going to kill me. xD

I agree with this completely. At one point in my life I was in Babs's position so I know how she felt. I actually bullied a kid (I'm not proud of it), but after a while we became friends.

Hence, why I said "may or may not have taken the gauntlet..." I may of missed something but after watching the episode again it still seems as though Babs enjoys bullying the CMC. Until she is finally confronted does it seem she has her regrets. Overall, alot of ppl seem to have split opinions about the episode and I honestly don't expect everyone to see it the way I did... I mean the bullies I dealt with back in the day were either bent on being un-remorseful or they just had really tough childhoods.

Babs Seed as a character was just awful, and her accent made me want to induce violence just to silence her. I hope they don't bring her back, at all. But they probably will and my hatred for her will continue to grow. they're throwing away good characters that could've made better episodes like Sombra and Trixie, for characters like Babs that make less than memorable and quite frankly boring episode angles. They handled the whole 'bullying is wrong' episode poorly and the lesson at the end was predictable and already done before by other cartoons, what they could've done was expand on Sombra's character more and give him an episdoe where he tries to take over the Crystal Empire, that would be more interesting then that episode with Babs seed.

When Babs kicks the CMC's float and it is destroyed she looks surprised. She also continues to cover her blank flank when Daimond Tiara and Silver Spoon do their butt slaute

Yeah, but those don't seem like true remorse for her actions. Even if there were just a few frames of her with her ears down, and not looking so smug, I think that would have made her seem like she at least felt bad.

Next season should have either Sombra or Chryslis return, if they follow their villain trend. So far the seasons have been good with returning a villain from the past, even season 1 did it, but we had to learn about the characters before we could learn they were villains so it didn't feel like a return. That being said, the villains always reform. Luna was never really bad, and Discord is just chaotic neutral, but Sombra and Chryslis are evil. What we need is another rival character, because I love the duality of it. Twilight has Trixie, Dash had Lightning Dust, and AJ had the Flim Flam Brothers, but that leaves Fluttershy, Rarity, and Pinkie without rivals.