Season 4

neo

Next season should have either Sombra or Chryslis return, if they follow their villain trend. So far the seasons have been good with returning a villain from the past, even season 1 did it, but we had to learn about the characters before we could learn they were villains so it didn't feel like a return. That being said, the villains always reform. Luna was never really bad, and Discord is just chaotic neutral, but Sombra and Chryslis are evil.

Chrysalis is best villain! But we definitely need more character development for Sombra. I was expecting so much from him in CE. I mean, we do know he has something for crystal ponies, but I'd really like to know if he was all that evil in the beginning. Maybe like a flashback episode or something along those lines. As for Discord though, there definitely needs to be an episode where he actually helps the Mane 6 and uses his powers of chaos against some evil forces.

• 2 weeks later...

All I have to say is that they had better change the picture Spike always sends to Celestia at the end of the intro, instead of them just adding wings to Twilight.

One thing I hope for in Season 4 is more adventure and villains. Old school My Little Pony never had a lack of villains (sometimes surprisingly frightening ones at that), so I don't see FIM can't have them, too.

• 2 weeks later...

I'd pay money for an episode that dealt with the 'Background Ponies'. What Ponyville is like when the Mane Six are somewhere else.....

That could be very fun. They could bookend it like they did with Just for Sidekicks with the mane six going off on the adventure at the begining, then showing them return at the end. The inbetween could be a series of shorts with the background characters going about their lives when the mane characters aren't there destroying things and causing monster attacks

SO what's the problem with the thrid season? I really liked it, because they didn't try to make a show for us. It really felt, for the first time, to be a kids show. You know, who it is made for in the first place. I don't mind that it wasn't as 'epic', 'fanservice', and so on. It reminds me why I started watching the show in the first place, it took me to a place that I remembered. A place where I could watch a show and laugh without having to remember every little thing so I wouldn't be lost next week. A place before middle school, and its murdering youthfull things. MLP Fim will always be a kids show made for kids, and older people, with the ablitiy to be simple.

I say simple because a LOT of the background info was made by the fandom, and you reall REALLY don't need to know it to enjoy. So I ask again, what's wrong with the third season?

I think the third season had better fan service then the second season without trying as hard. Second season seemed like it was trying to make reaction faces constantly. The fan service that came from the third season was more from premsises fans were clamoring for, Rainbow Dash and Scootaloo, Trixie returning, Rainbow Dash being a Wonderbolt, Rarity appearing as little as possible, they were doing what fans wanted while not filling the episodes with internet references or trying to be edgy

..I've been reading A Cross And Arrow, and because of it, I want a gender-swapped episode :3. I'd pay all the monehz. But of course that'll never happen and now you all will hate me for suggesting this D=.

For any perdictions, I think the CMC may finally realize, their talents are RIGHT IN FRONT OF ZE FACES, Sweetie Belle can Sing, Scootaloo can design clothes, and Apple Bloom can dance... I also think at some point they have Shining Armor and Cadance have a foal.

Well, Sweetie knows she can sing..She's just not very comfortable doing it in front of other ponies....Well, beyond the CMC....And Scoots...Clothes designer? Eh...No...And while Apple Bloom can kick up her hooves from time to time, I'm guessing her skills are in building.....While Scoots is a little agile stunt-pony..

I don't think Sweetie realizes how well she can sing, if she did it would help her confidence.

I really hope they get their cutie marks next season. It will make a great moment for the series, and the entie cutie mark search thing has been played out. Their best episodes have nothing to do with crusading

I'd want more CMC and Applejack episodes, TBH. I want the CMCs (like everyone else) to finally get their cutie marks! Also, I want Applejack's character to be extended - she has no goals in the series.

I say simple because a LOT of the background info was made by the fandom, and you reall REALLY don't need to know it to enjoy. So I ask again, what's wrong with the third season?

I think the problem was that the writing just wasn't there. A lot of people would also say that Derpy was practically non-existant, Discord and Trixie got converted, Sombra was virtually a background character, Rarity was shunned, Pinkie was made %20 more annoying, and (drum-role, please) Twilight becomes an alicorn (which I initially wasn't bothered by until I realized she'd be outliving her friends) :(

With that being said, I beg and plead and beg and beg the writers stop, breathe, and take so much time with these next 26 episodes that maybe season 4 will even outdo seasons 1 & 2... but we'll never know.

Basically, with season 4 I'd want to see more background stuff about the surrounding lands of Equestria and some more on the traditions and stuff, maybe Thanksgiving pony-style. Also I'd love to see more mythical creatures. It'd draw even more ppl into being bronies. Discord and Chrysalis literally blew me away when I first saw them.

We don't know if Twilight will outlive her friends. Celestia is the only Princess who has been around for multiple generations (Luna was Nightmare Moon so who know how that affected her aging) and we know there are aging spells that could be used to keep her at one age so it might not even be natural for her to live so long

• 2 months later...