Ze Rejection Stamp! Dun dun dun....

Frost137

Soooo..... after stalking around in the Application section. I saw one of the apps [colour=#ff0000]REJECTED[/colour]. :-o

So the question is, how does one app get rejected? Is it because they weren't suited for the select RP? (WoE, Crossovers, FFA) The character god-mods? It's for the 18+ section? I know these things can be edited, but how in the world...?

Hehe. Yeah, the rejection stamp is actually an RP Team in-joke. In actuality it carries no weight and will only ever be seen on RP Helper or Staff applications, or on applications of those who know that the stamp has no power.

We will never truly flat reject an application under any grounds, only continually request that changes be made. Users should not fear that stamp. It's just something silly we do sometimes to amuse ourselves. :P

• Like 1

...What do you mean the Rejection Stamp carries no power?! OF COURSE IT DOES! :Luna:

It's best not to talk about the Banishing Stamp. We use it to get young fillies to go to bed or eat their vegetables. :aubrey:

Would this work for a stamp?

BmZIYDU.gif

(Artax made that one day while trying to find a music thief. Don't ask.)

• Like 5

Both the rejection stamp and the banishment stamp are in-jokes, and should not be taken seriously.

If a RP helper "rejects" your application, you'll know by the wall of text detailing the changes required to make the character suitable for Mane RP. Everybody has seen those before, I'm sure. :)

• Like 1

This is a bit off-topic, but I have to say that this website is the first to not actually deny an application. Usually on other roleplay forums or topics, moderators or original posters deny an application, and you would have to copy that whole application again and redo it.

It's just my opinion, but I don't think the RPH here would actually deny an application. The poster would probably lose confidence and be discouraged and instead prevent him from re-making the application.

It's best not to talk about the Banishing Stamp. We use it to get young fillies to go to bed or eat their vegetables. :aubrey:

I thought most forums used the ban hammer.

This is a bit off-topic, but I have to say that this website is the first to not actually deny an application. Usually on other roleplay forums or topics, moderators or original posters deny an application, and you would have to copy that whole application again and redo it.

It's just my opinion, but I don't think the RPH here would actually deny an application. The poster would probably lose confidence and be discouraged and instead prevent him from re-making the application.

I thought most forums used the ban hammer.

Really? Other RP sites I have been to only tell me to reedit my app. Oh well.

Ban hammer? I have heard of that. Never seen one before nor the banishment stamp. Ah I guess it's best not to see. :)

To be perfectly honest -- no, we don't reject applications -- but we do have trouble sometimes helping users understand what roleplay would be appropriate for their character. It can be a challenge because we have players of different ages, skill levels, and understanding of what our roleplay is and how it works. The game can be quickly become overwhelming and frustrating, which is why the RP Helper team exists.

If a player can't or won't work with us to garner an understanding of the game, how their character design relates to it, and how it can serve their roleplay needs, it's pretty much a "self rejection," which we never like to see. This is poignant considering that 67% of the roleplay areas that we host don't require an application of any kind to play in.