[Correspondence] Matchie's Matchmaker Services 2, new applications thread! [Open]

Halide

(( OOC : THIS THREAD NO LONGER IN SERVICE. SEE MATCHMAKER SERVICES 3 : MATCHMAKE HARDER, THE DIRECT TO VHS SEQUEL. ))

All over Equestria, everywhere and anywhere she could think of it, Matchie had put out application forms for her matchmaking service. Anypony could find them, really! She had them stuffed in mailboxes, she made them available at post offices and the like. They were fairly short, and fairly quick to fill out! All anypony had to do was write a few answers here, a few sentences there, pay a bit for postage, and voila! They'd be on the list!

The application is short, on slightly cheap parchment, and seems to be magically copied, if one can tell. Written upon it is the following :

Hi there! Thank you for choosing One Plus Another, Equestria's choicest blind-date and matchmaking service! Just a few minutes of your time, and you'll be on your way to finding that special match chosen just for you! Please answer the following truthfully, and to as much detail as you think is necessary!

Name :

Gender preference (Optional) :

Species :

Species preference (Optional) :

Cutie-Mark (Optional) :

How would you describe yourself, physically?

________________________________________________________________________________________________

________________________________________________________________________________________________

How would you describe your personality?

What things in life are important to you?

What's your idea of the ideal first date?

What are you looking for?

Anything else you think we should know?

You're done! Just mail this to Matchie at One Plus Another, 413 Saltyhoof lane, Fillydelphia, EQ, and we'll get back to you as soon as we can! Have a wonderful day!

((ooc: glad to see this back! :) ))

[colour=#000000]Harlequin Salad wore an awkward smile as she stared down at the application form that had somehow wound up in her hooves. This was kinda exciting, but also kinda weird. Sending off an application to a matchmaking service wasn't the sort of thing she'd ever really done before. She had always been a social mare, good at mingling with others... but for some reason actual relationships were near as illusive to her as progress towards her dreams of becoming a fabulous chef. Maybe this was her ticket? Having somepony at her side would be nice after all... it might be just the kinda thing she needed. At the very least it would mean having somepony there to try all the tasty food she made! That thought in mind, the young mare excitedly began to read and fill out the form.[/colour]

[colour=#000000][colour=#000000]Hi there! [/colour][colour=#000000]Thank you for choosing One Plus Another, Equestria's choicest blind-date and matchmaking service! Just a few minutes of your time, and you'll be on your way to finding that special match chosen just for you! Please answer the following truthfully, and to as much detail as you think is necessary![/colour]

[colour=#000000]Name : [/colour][colour=#000080]Harlequin Salad[/colour]

[colour=#000000]Gender : [/colour][colour=#000080]Female[/colour]

[colour=#000000]Gender preference (Optional) : [/colour][colour=#000080]Either is fine[/colour]

[colour=#000000]Location : [/colour][colour=#000080]Manehattan[/colour]

[colour=#000000]Age : [/colour][colour=#000080]Young Mare[/colour]

[colour=#000000]Species : [/colour][colour=#000080]Earth pony[/colour]

[colour=#000000]Species preference (Optional) : [/colour][colour=#000080]Any is fine[/colour]

[colour=#000000]Cutie-Mark (Optional) : [/colour][colour=#000080]Mixed fruit bowl[/colour]

[colour=#000000]How would you describe yourself, physically?[/colour][/colour]

[colour=#000080]Well, I'm in pretty good shape, I'd say. I like to stay active so even though I eat a lot I stay [/colour]

[colour=#000080]in pretty good shape. I have a tan coat, splotched with brown and my mane is bright pink and __[/colour]

[colour=#000080]really frizzy and curly. I think I'm pretty cute. I've been told I have a nice smile.__________[/colour]

[colour=#000000][colour=#000000]_____________________________________________________________________________________________[/colour]

[colour=#000000]_____________________________________________________________________________________________[/colour]

[colour=#000000]How would you describe your personality?[/colour][/colour]

[colour=#000080]I'd say I'm a pretty ordinary Fillydelphia filly trying her best to make it in this bigger city. I _[/colour]

[colour=#000080]sort who never lets her get beaten down by life, even when things look hopeless _____________[/colour]

[colour=#000080]and failure is all I meet. I guess it can approach outright stubbornness sometimes though. Some_[/colour][colour=#000080] [/colour]

[colour=#000080]ponies[/colour] [colour=#000080]say I'm silly for always trying so hard. I dunno, maybe I am a bit silly or thick headed, [/colour][colour=#000080]but [/colour]

[colour=#000080]I'd say I'm also outgoing and friendly. I love hanging [/colour][colour=#000080]out with friends, cooking and listening to m[/colour][colour=#000080]usic.[/colour]

[colour=#000000]What things in life are important to you?[/colour]

[colour=#000080]Well, I got this dream very close to my heart that is kinda the most important thing to me. I _[/colour]

[colour=#000080]want to be a chef. I want to be a renowned and famous chef for whom ponies from every corner[/colour]

[colour=#000080]of Equestria will come to sample my food. I want them to be filled with warmth and happiness wh[/colour][colour=#000080]en[/colour]

[colour=#000080]they try it, you know. It's my dream, and pursuing it is more important than anything. Having __[/colour]

[colour=#000080]somepony who could support me and stand at my side would be really special, I think._________[/colour]

[colour=#000000]What's your idea of the ideal first date?[/colour][colour=#000000] [/colour]

[colour=#000080]Wow, I don't know. I've never really had much luck with dates. I'm much better in large groups[/colour]

[colour=#000080]of friends. I guess the perfect image of a date for me is a quiet romantic evening at home, eati[/colour][colour=#000080]ng[/colour]

[colour=#000080]a dinner I prepared myself... but that doesn't sound like a first date and at my current skill lev[/colour][colour=#000080]el,[/colour]

[colour=#000080]I'm not sure the results would be good. I dunno. I guess I'd be good with anything casual or fun.[/colour]

[colour=#000000]What are you looking for?[/colour]

[colour=#000080]Er, well, somepony who would be supportive and encouraging. Might help if they're a little _____[/colour]

[colour=#000080]adventurous[/colour] [colour=#000080]too... I'd prefer somepony nice, somepony outgoing, somepony who likes having a good[/colour]

[colour=#000080]time and is easy to get along with and talk to. Of course, I'd love it if they were good looking too!

I don't think I'm too picky a mare; mostly I just want the sort of pony who would be there for me.[/colour]

[colour=#000000]_____________________________________________________________________________________________[/colour]

[colour=#000000]Anything else you think we should know?[/colour]

[colour=#000080]Well, I mentioned that dream of mine, right? Yeah... about that... It's kinda... how should I[/colour]

[colour=#000080]say, more of a distant dream at the moment. I like it, but my cooking seems to be kinda hard [/colour]

[colour=#000080]for most ponies to take at the moment. Part of me wonders if this might get in the way of a _[/colour]

[colour=#000080]lasting relationship...[/colour][colour=#000000]_______________________________________________________________________[/colour]

[colour=#000000]You're done! Just mail this to Matchie at One Plus Another, 413 Saltyhoof lane, Fillydelphia, EQ, and we'll get back to you as soon as we can! Have a wonderful day![/colour]

[colour=#000000]Satisfied with what she had written, Harlequin gave a nod. In the morning she would mail the form to the matchmaker in Fillydelphia.[/colour]

• 2 weeks later...

2gtydsh.jpg

Merlot wasn’t quite sure why he was bothering with writing on this form that one of his upper-class social acquaintances had given him. Technically speaking, the playcolt had more than enough faith in his own abilities to find dates whenever he wanted, so he doubted his need for a matchmaking service. The only reason he thought to actually use the service was due to word of mouth among his social circles; apparently, this Matchie’s ability to establish matches was quite exceptional indeed. Ergo, Merlot would give this service a chance to prove itself; just one. He did have many pressing matters to attend to each day:

[colour=#000000][colour=#000000]Hi there! [/colour][colour=#000000]Thank you for choosing One Plus Another, Equestria's choicest blind-date and matchmaking service! Just a few minutes of your time, and you'll be on your way to finding that special match chosen just for you! Please answer the following truthfully, and to as much detail as you think is necessary![/colour][/colour]

[colour=#000000]Name :[/colour] Dr. Merlot

[colour=#000000]Gender :[/colour] Male

[colour=#000000]Gender preference (Optional) :[/colour] Mares

[colour=#000000]Location :[/colour] Manehatten

[colour=#000000]Age :[/colour] Stallion

[colour=#000000]Species : [/colour]Unicorn

[colour=#000000]Species preference (Optional) :[/colour] N/A[colour=#000000] [/colour]

[colour=#000000]Cutie-Mark (Optional) : [/colour]A gold pony statuette

[colour=#000000]How would you describe yourself, physically?[/colour]

[colour=#000000]I am a unicorm stallion at the peak of his years. My coat is a khaki hue, which I keep glossy at all times. My blue[/colour]

[colour=#000000]mane is similarly well-fashioned, worked on by only the finest hair stylists in Manehatten. As my line of[/colour]

[colour=#000000]work requires extensive travel, my body is quite fit for the average non-athletic pony. Additionally, my[/colour]

[colour=#000000]smile is said by many to be quite an entrancing one for those lucky enough to see it.[/colour]

[colour=#000000]How would you describe your personality?[/colour]

[colour=#000000]At all times, I am driven by a passion to mingle with other ponies of my exceptional caliber. I do not tolerate[/colour]

[colour=#000000]idiocy in any form, nor can I stand those who leech off the hard work of others. Ponies who've earned my[/colour]

[colour=#000000]respect find me to be most pleasurable to be around. My witticisms are impeccable, and my skill in giving[/colour]

[colour=#000000]complements is beyond all compare. I will always be up for stimulating conversations with others. On a[/colour]

[colour=#000000]general note, my peers would say that my most defining trait is my will to win and live life to the finest.[/colour]

[colour=#000000]Archaeology is my religion, and I ceaselessly strive to promote the wonders discovered through the field to [/colour]

[colour=#000000]other ponies throughout Equestria. Additionally, I work to safeguard ancient sites and other historical [/colour]

[colour=#000000]treasures from the depravity of thieves, vandals, and other intellectually-ignorant vermin that infest our [/colour]

[colour=#000000]great society. Not one to exclusively live in the past, I've also acquired a taste of the fine arts. Equestria [/colour]

[colour=#000000]wouldn't be where it is without the cultural elements generated by artwork, music, theater, and other [/colour]

[colour=#000000]respectable pursuits, and I endeavor to keep the fine arts thriving in Manehatten and elsewhere. [/colour]

[colour=#000000]What's your idea of the ideal first date?[/colour][colour=#000000] [/colour]

[colour=#000000]A proper mademoiselle must always be treated to nothing but the finest, it would not do at all to treat her [/colour]

[colour=#000000]to anything that the common yokel could afford. No; only the most fabulous restaurants, the most prestigious [/colour]

[colour=#000000]theaters, and the most exclusive galas and balls will suffice for my needs.[/colour]

[colour=#000000]I am looking for a well-to-do mare who is of sound financial health, is highly-regarded throughout the [/colour][colour=#000000]land [/colour]

[colour=#000000]of Equestria, and above all else, must possess the same wit and dignity as can be found in the illustrious [/colour]

[colour=#000000]halls of Canterlot. That final condition MUST be met, or else I will not be interested. While I prefer [/colour]

[colour=#000000]ladies who meet all the other specifications as well, I will be slightly forgiving should you only find mares that [/colour]

[colour=#000000]meet [/colour][colour=#000000]two out of three of the former conditions.[/colour]

[colour=#000000]I am not looking for a permanent relationship at this present time. For the time being, all I require is to [/colour]

[colour=#000000]share a few romantic encounters with a charming mademoiselle. Anything beyond that I don't necessarily [/colour]

[colour=#000000]need, but would not be entirely unwelcome either[/colour][colour=#000000].[/colour]

[colour=#000000]You're done! Just mail this to Matchie at One Plus Another, 413 Saltyhoof lane, Fillydelphia, EQ, and we'll get back to you as soon as we can! Have a wonderful day![/colour]​

Once the sheet was finished and mailed, Merlot would wait in amusement to see if this matchmaker actually could succeed with his request. Should Matchie fail... well, the stallion knew a certain somepony who would get quite a nasty amount of negative word-of-mouth.....

Musica-Lee Noted was in Baltimare for the day to visit her parents. She hadn't seen them and was informed that this very day they both would be off work. Moving to the country was a great idea, but it did have its drawbacks. Trotting along the sidewalk, Musica stopped at the post office and slipped inside the door. It was by request she picked up the mail and todays newspaper, it being early morning. With a gleeful smile, the pegasus pranced on in with a gentle spring in her step. She retrieved her parents mail, and before leaving a particular sheet of paper had caught her eye. [colour=#00cc66]What is this?[/colour] she pondered, her sea-green eyes focusing on the writing to obtain further detail. [colour=#00cc66]A matchmaking service?[/colour]

Then she got to thinking: [colour=#00cc66]I've never really had anyone interested me throughout my education, and i'm certainly not getting any younger. Could anyone possibly love me? A private music teaching pegasus from Baltimare? Hmm...[/colour]

Before the mare realized, she had snatched the form and a pen, and began scrawling letters to fill it out.

[colour=#000000]Hi there! [/colour][colour=#000000]Thank you for choosing One Plus Another, Equestria's choicest blind-date and matchmaking service! Just a few minutes of your time, and you'll be on your way to finding that special match chosen just for you! Please answer the following truthfully, and to as much detail as you think is necessary![/colour]

[colour=#000000]Name : Musica-Lee Noted[/colour]

[colour=#000000]Gender : Female[/colour]

[colour=#000000]Gender preference (Optional) : Stallion[/colour]

[colour=#000000]Location : Baltimare[/colour]

[colour=#000000]Age : Mare[/colour]

[colour=#000000]Species : Pegasus[/colour]

[colour=#000000]Species preference (Optional) : N/A[/colour]

[colour=#000000]Cutie-Mark (Optional) : A tattered note with music notes (especially a treble clef) on it, and surrounding it.[/colour]

[colour=#000000]I am a pegasus with a cream coloured coat and chestnut mane and tail. I always wear a pinstripe vest and a [/colour]

[colour=#000000]bow tassled into my hair. [/colour]I'm a mare, recently graduated from an academy in Baltimare. Lets see... I have

sea-green eyes and I'd say i'm about average for a mare my age. Nothing special, really.

[colour=#000000]I say I can be quite shy when it comes to first impressions. I'm not good at starting the conversation unless[/colour]

I truly have to, which I don't always mind. Its first impressions that are always the worst for me. When I'm

Finally able to open and be myself I normally don't stop talking...well, that's what my parents have told me

throughout the years. I carry such a great passion with music and its almost incorporated into everything I

do. Its one of my favorite topics, hobbies, past times, and much of the sort. I have a fear of butterflies

and I don't really like thunderstorms. They frighten me. I would say my biggest drawback is my location for

my career. I've been looking for a place to root my business and start a foundation for the rest of my life.

That is my dream, and lifelong goal.

[colour=#000000]Music is extremely important for me. I grew up in a musically-intertwined culture at home and throughout[/colour]

school. I look to root a business somewhere for my private teaching and perhaps eventually have little foals

trotting about. If its not music, its being constantly surrounded by some form of art as it is what I was brought

up with.

Hmm. That's a tough one, considering i've never been on a date. A picnic in the park, a movie, maybe a dinner..

Stargazing? I'm not too picky, just don't put me in a butterfly patch! I want to go on a date that entertwines both

mine and my potential other's passions so I can see exactly how we fit in an environment we found comfortable.

Its not exactly the location as much as it is personalities when we meet.

[colour=#000000]I'm looking for a stallion that can handle my obsessive love for music. Someone who is finely built ( but [/colour]

[colour=#000000]not [/colour]severely buffed) and is quite attractive. Someone who doesn't mind traveling, exploring, adventuring,

and art of any form. I want someone rather outgoing, witty.. someone who can keep things spontaneous

and keep me on my toes. A masterpiece tells a story with many elements, but it never bores.

[colour=#000000]I can't simply appreciate someone who doesn't appreciate music in the least bit. I'm clumsy. I come from a [/colour]

line of fairly wealthy parents but know how to work on my own. I posess well-rounded skills that anypony should

have. I'm weak when it comes to extensive physical activity as i'm much of a relaxed pony. I don't like to be alone,

but i'm not overly clingy. I enjoy intelligent conversations. And more.. however i'm afraid there is not enough room.

[colour=#000000]You're done! Just mail this to Matchie at One Plus Another, 413 Saltyhoof lane, Fillydelphia, EQ, and we'll get back to you as soon as we can! Have a wonderful day![/colour]

Musica heaved a sigh, finding herself rather anxious of the outcome. She folded the letter and shoved it in an envelope, scrawling the address and mailing it before retrieving her parent's mail, and going about her way.

Mended_Heart_cmark.png

Mended Heart in the morning went outside to check her mailbox. She knew in her mind that there was going to be heap loads of mail since she was lazy to check her mail. She, with her magic that emitted neon green aura, pulled them out and trotted back into her home.

As she was sorting things out she found an interesting envelope. She opened it and read it. With a smile she happily filled it out.

[colour=#000000]Hi there! [/colour][colour=#000000]Thank you for choosing One Plus Another, Equestria's choicest blind-date and matchmaking service! Just a few minutes of your time, and you'll be on your way to finding that special match chosen just for you! Please answer the following truthfully, and to as much detail as you think is necessary![/colour]

[colour=#000000]Name : [/colour]Mended Heart

[colour=#000000]Location : Canterlot[/colour]

[colour=#000000]Species : Unicorn[/colour]

[colour=#000000]Species preference (Optional) : [/colour]

[colour=#000000]Cutie-Mark (Optional) : A broken heart that is being repaired with three threads[/colour]

I think I'm fat, but what everypony tells me I'm pretty average. I dunno maybe my mirror has been telling me lies.

I am a dark gray unicorn with pink mane and tail colour. I'm pretty tall for an average mare. I have bright green eyes.

Well, uhm, I'm those type of ponies who you meet that are socially awkward at first and then

hyper the next. Honestly, I act like a ditz. But all in all I'm a kind pony.

[colour=#000000]The most important things in my life is my mommy, my family, and friends. I really care about [/colour]

them even though sometimes they might be quite annoying. Hurt them and you die! (Not really,

just brutally hurt.)

[colour=#000000]Um, I dunno. But it has to be perfect! We would walk on the beach and talk about each other and[/colour]

[colour=#000000]for dinner we would eat there! We would eat just a normal beach picnic meal and watch the sun set.[/colour]

[colour=#000000]Last we would snuggle, watch the stars and sleep right there, [/colour]

[colour=#000000] [/colour]

[colour=#000000]In a stallion, I am looking for a stallion who is caring and understanding. He must love cats also! I like kitties! They so fluffeh![/colour]

[colour=#000000]Hopefully he looks attractive like the stallion models with the long flowing hair and muscle! [/colour]

[colour=#000000]________________________________________________________________________________________________[/colour]

[colour=#000000]________________________________________________________________________________________________[/colour]

He has to meet my family. If they don't like him, I'm afraid I have to send him off, unless he's hot. Then we can sneak off at

night like in the books.

Mended Heart wished she could've filled out more, but that's all she had to say. Hopefully she is going to meet the stallion of her life! She placed the note in another envelope and hurriedly wrote out the address. Then she galloped outside and stuffed the envelope in her clean mailbox with the flag up. She couldn't wait.

Crystal Snowflake gave a healthy sigh as she stared down at the form. What was she even doing with this? It was truly ridiculous. Such things were beyond a mare of esteem such as herself. She had no business filling out this form. For one thing, this was the same matchmaking service that had brought Crystal's foolhardy daughter Snowfall to relinquish dignity and rational thought and go galavanting around with some unsightly, delusional ne'er-do-well. To support such a business at this point was truly shameful.

And yet, since her husband's disappearance, Northern Storm manor had only grown colder and lonelier. Crystal did well to keep on a content face for show to guests, but with increasing frequency, at the days end she just found herself feeling ever the more alone. She didn't know if she was ready to move on or if that was a thing that was even possible. She just knew that her life called out for something. She needed to act. Perhaps this was just a cry for attention and nothing more. She wasn't sure. All that was certain was that she was strangely compelled to fill out the lines on the page.

[colour=#000000]Name : Crystal Snowflake[/colour]
[colour=#000000]Gender : female[/colour]
[colour=#000000]Gender preference (Optional) : male[/colour]
[colour=#000000]Location : Stalliongrad[/colour]
[colour=#000000]Age : not as young as I once was, though still quite active[/colour]
[colour=#000000]Species : pegasus[/colour]
[colour=#000000]Species preference (Optional) : pegasus or unicorn preferred[/colour]
[colour=#000000]Cutie-Mark (Optional) : a snowflake encased in diamond[/colour]

[colour=#000000]Well, I'm not exactly a young mare anymore, but I do endeavor to keep myself looking a fair [/colour]
[colour=#000000]as I possibly can. I keep in good shape and I am always keen to present myself as impeccably[/colour]
[colour=#000000]as is possible. I have a shrewd eye for fashion, and always endeavor to dress well. Despite the [/colour]
[colour=#000000]forward[/colour] [colour=#000000]march of time, [/colour]I would assert that I retain glamour enough to charm most stallions.

[colour=#000000]I am a worldly mare of class. I have little tolerance for foolishness or the brash arrogance of[/colour]
[colour=#000000]youth. I have expectations when it comes to all things, and I expect for them to be met. I am a[/colour]
[colour=#000000]refined mare of discipline, fastidious in my observation of social etiquette and in my attention[/colour]
[colour=#000000]to the latest fashions. Some may label me as shallow, but in truth it is stength of character which[/colour]
[colour=#000000]compels me above all things.[/colour]______________________________________________________________

[colour=#000000]I am a mare in love with elegance, class and culture. I adore proper social gatherings and [/colour]
[colour=#000000]enjoy any chance to flaunt my choice in fashion to a crowd. I am a collector of rare and [/colour]
[colour=#000000]valuable jewels and presently hold one of the most valued collections in Equestria, which [/colour]
are my prized possession. As I stated earlier, I also very much value strength of character
and intelligence._______________________________________________________________________

A stallion should be willing to treat me to the greatest in finery and splendor. I am not a mare
of simple tastes and should not be treated as one. Nothing less than the best of the best will
do should a stallion want to make a fine impression. I expect the finest in foods and the most
extravagant of entertainment. A stallion not able to provide such things isn't worth my time.

[colour=#000000]I would say I am looking for a stallion who is presentable. As a member of the Stalliongrad[/colour]
[colour=#000000]elite, I require a stallion I could show off at galas and events. He should be handsome and [/colour]
[colour=#000000]dignified, but preferably not too young. Strength of character is imperative. Financial status[/colour]
[colour=#000000]and knowledge of fine things are also very much expected._____________________[/colour]
[colour=#000000]________________________________________________________________________________________[/colour]

[colour=#000000]I am not entirely sure what I expect from this at this point. I have been without my husband[/colour]
[colour=#000000]for many years now, yet even so moving forward is not something I could ever do with ease.[/colour]
[colour=#000000]All the same, I do hope to meet someone. Beyond that, I suppose it should be noted that from[/colour]
[colour=#000000]my marriage I have a single adult daughter. _______________________________[/colour]

The page filled out, Crystal Snowflake gave a small sigh. She would send it off in the morning.

[colour=#282828]Time Spinner frowned at the paper in front of him. His brother, Gadget, said that he needed to have more fun in his life and enjoy everything but he wasn't really up for it. He groaned at the paper before taking a sip of his coffee. He looked at the paper again and decided maybe to give it a try. [/colour][colour=#696969]"Nevermore, can you bring me a quill?" [/colour][colour=#000000]A white raven had flown into the room and dropped a quill onto Time's desk. [/colour][colour=#696969]"Thanks never." [/colour][colour=#000000]He said. The bird replied with a happy chirp. Time looked down at the paper and started to write.[/colour]

[colour=#282828]

Hi there! Thank you for choosing One Plus Another, Equestria's choicest blind-date and matchmaking service! Just a few minutes of your time, and you'll be on your way to finding that special match chosen just for you! Please answer the following truthfully, and to as much detail as you think is necessary!

Name : Time Spinner

Gender preference (Optional) : Female

Species : Unicorn

Species preference (optional) :

Cutie-Mark (Optional) : A gold Pocket Watch

I'm not exactly the strongest Stallion in the world. I have a drak grey coat and a brown mane and Tail. I have blue eyes but I'm not too tall.

I'm a bit of an introvert, I normally am writing or reading books as well as playing chess. I love Coffee and I enjoy birds, my favorite being a raven. I'm not that good in crowds but I manage.

One important thing to me is family but with a lot of my family out of canterlot I really only have my pet raven, Nevermore. I hold history dear to my heart as well as a gold pocket watch my father gave to me before he passed.

I would enjoy a nice quiet night inside the house. Nothing too romantic as it is just a first date. I might enjoy a night in a nice restaurant too.

I am looking for a mare who can understand a lot of what I say. I hope they don't mind birds, though Nevermore acts a bit more civilized than most Birds. They should have intelligence as well as be about my age. It would be too weird to b dating somepony as old as my grandmother! I'd like a mare who likes a bit of adventure and would value family.[/colour]

[colour=#282828][/colour]

Wild Riot stared at the parchment... or rather the stack of parchments arranged out before him. His mother's idea. She'd doubtless gone around to all the neighbors and all her compatriots and gathered as many of these forms as she could to send to him. A subtle hint that her only colt should settle down now that he's a stallion. Still, at least she sent the forms to him instead of filling them out herself... at least he HOPED she hadn't filled some out herself. He blushed beneath his white coat, caught somewhere between legitimate embarassment and the secret thrill at the mystery of such an arrangement. Maybe he'd get lucky and be paired with some mare damsel in need of a champion to rescue her from a dragon or break some ancient curse that threatens to destroy all of Equestria. Several long scenarios played out in his head, a wide grin plastered on his face as he imagined a never-ending array of heroic deeds arising out of this one chance moment.

Setting quill to parchment, he began...

[colour=#000000]Name : [/colour][colour=#0000FF]Wild Riot[/colour]

[colour=#000000]Gender : [/colour][colour=#0000FF]Male[/colour]

[colour=#000000]Gender preference (Optional) : [/colour][colour=#0000FF]Female[/colour]

[colour=#000000]Location : [/colour][colour=#0000FF]My family is from Canterlot but I go where I'm needed most[/colour]

[colour=#000000]Age : [/colour][colour=#0000FF]Young S[/colour][colour=#0000FF]tallion[/colour]

[colour=#000000]Species : [/colour][colour=#0000FF]Unicorn[/colour]

[colour=#000000]Species preference (Optional) : [/colour][colour=#0000FF]n/a[/colour]

[colour=#000000]Cutie-Mark (Optional) : [/colour][colour=#0000FF]A rising star[/colour]

[colour=#0000FF]I am a white unicorn with long, ice blue mane and tail. I do my best to keep physically fit because you[/colour]

[colour=#0000FF]never know when you might be called to fight evil. It doesn't hurt that I'm a little taller than most[/colour]

[colour=#0000FF]stallions I know.[/colour]

[colour=#0000FF]I like to do everything I can to help everypony. I hope to be a great hero of Equestria some day, but [/colour]

[colour=#0000FF]t[/colour][colour=#0000FF]he world [/colour][colour=#0000FF]would be a terrible place if we faced nothing but disasters so I try to lend a hoof anywhere [/colour]

[colour=#0000FF]I can. But that [/colour][colour=#0000FF]doesn't stop me from keepng a wary eye out for danger. I think danger should be [/colour]

[colour=#0000FF]confronted head on and [/colour][colour=#0000FF]fortunately, my head is a lot harder than most.[/colour]

[colour=#0000FF]Being a hero of Equestria. Making the lives of the citizens of Equestria better even if only in little[/colour]

[colour=#0000FF]ways.[/colour]

[colour=#0000FF]I'm not sure, really. I suppose it wouldn't proper for me to take the princess along while I fight[/colour]

[colour=#0000FF]the dragon... what if she's already been captured and I have to go save her? I suppose that might[/colour]

[colour=#0000FF]work. We could have dinner after. Defeating evil works up a hunger.[/colour]

[colour=#0000FF]I hope I can find my ideal princess who needs a good champion to protect her and Equestria. Some [/colour]

[colour=#0000FF]optional things she might have are a) the address of an evil dragon intent on destroying the world; b)[/colour]

[colour=#0000FF]an evil curse that needs to be broken; c) wicked step-cousins constantly plotting mischief against her; [/colour]

[colour=#0000FF]d) rivalry with an ancient clan of carnivorous griffons; or any combination or variation of the above.[/colour]

[colour=#0000FF]If my mother submitted any of these applications in my name, please ignore them.[/colour]

Ink Runner stepped out into the bright sunlight of a typical day in Canterlot. Ponies bustled aroud him, bursting out of houses and running to wherever they needed to be. Ink looked over to his mailbox, and noticed an envelope sticking out of it. Levitating it over to him, he pulled the message inside, grinned then headed back in.

Over at his desk, he levitated his quill into a bottle of red ink and began to write:

[colour=#000000]Name : [/colour][colour=#ff0000]Ink Runner[/colour]

[colour=#000000]Gender : [/colour][colour=#ff0000]Male[/colour]

[colour=#000000]Gender preference (Optional) : [/colour][colour=#ff0000]Female[/colour]

[colour=#000000]Location : [/colour][colour=#ff0000]Canterlot[/colour]

[colour=#000000]Age : [/colour][colour=#ff0000]Stallion[/colour]

[colour=#000000]Species : [/colour][colour=#ff0000]Unicorn[/colour]

[colour=#000000]Species preference (Optional) :[/colour][colour=#ff0000] Unicorn or Pegasus. [/colour]

[colour=#000000]Cutie-Mark (Optional) : [/colour][colour=#ff0000]Roll of Parchment & and a bottle of ink[/colour]

[colour=#ff0000]I am a stallion, slightly more powerful than the average one though. I have emerald green eyes, and a dark

blue coat. My mane is a light grey, that slightly spikes out on my back and head. My tail is also light grey, kept

short as if a tuft of fur, due to my personal preference. I'm healthy and very handsome, and keep myself

presentable at all times - even though I don't fuss over my clothes and such..[/colour]

[colour=#ff0000]I am independant most of the time, and never like to see things sad or hurt - I just don't.

I'm generally calm, smart and resolved. I have a fair bit of pride, am kind and friendly,

and also quiet. I'm never afraid to speak my mind, however I do keep my mouth shut

if I sense it's a bad thing to say. I despise immature behaviour in fellow stallions - I

feel such behaviour should never be seen on such characters. However, I do have a sense of humour.

I am also caring and understanding, and always forgive and forget.[/colour]

[colour=#ff0000]Important things in my life include my family and friends, due to them always being there for me. I love animals

of all kinds, and I hold my stories and writing hobby dear to me. I hold my dream of becoming a renowned

author very close to me, and hope to one day inspire all with my books, and also give everyone some

form of entertainment.[/colour]

[colour=#ff0000]My idea of a perfect first date would be one in a fancy restraunt, where most were sophisticated, or

a lovely night stargazing while having a picnic. Gala's, Ball's and Parties would be nice too. I would

also enjoy something casual and fun too - like bowling. Anything, really, as long as my lady would[/colour]

[colour=#ff0000]be happy[/colour].

[colour=#ff0000]An elegant and sophisticated mare, but one who also has a good sense of humour, and can

take things lightly, at the very least some of the time. One who is kind, caring and understanding,

They should be acting around their age, and have some basic knowledge in everyday things.

I would hope they value their family very much, and always want the best for me and any others.

One who is childish and silly is one I do not wish to be near - I am dignified and sophisticated.

While I do have humour, it is not one to be easily shown, unless I am very close with the pony.[/colour]

[colour=#ff0000]Nothing much, apart from the fact that I'm fine with media and other forms of entertainment.[/colour]

Ink reviewed his answers, nodded, then sealed it shut then sent it off. Now, he could only wait.

http://www.canterlot...271-riff-ready/

There was the knock of a hoof on the door.

[colour=#ffa500]“COME IN!”[/colour]

A large blue earth pony came in.[colour=#0000ff] “Hey.”[/colour]

[colour=#ffa500]“Hey Kick-pedal, what-cha want?”[/colour] the earth pony handed him a paper. Riff grabbed the paper from him and began to scan it. Part-way through he quickly looked up, [colour=#ffa500]“No no no no no.”[/colour]

[colour=#0000ff]“Yes.”[/colour]

[colour=#ffa500]“No!”[/colour]

[colour=#0000ff]“Yes, you’ve got nothing else to do.” [/colour]Rift looked to his friend,[colour=#0000ff] [/colour][colour=#ffa500]“Why don’t you or screech go, or even Bridge?”[colour=#0000ff] [/colour]The earth pony sighed,[/colour][colour=#0000ff] “Me and bridge are making a public appearance and screech is busy. So unless you want to go with us-.”[/colour] Rift quickly shook his head. [colour=#0000ff]“Then you’re goin’ on a date.”[/colour]

[colour=#282828][colour=#000000]Hi there! [/colour][colour=#000000]Thank you for choosing One Plus Another, Equestria's choicest blind-date and matchmaking service! Just a few minutes of your time, and you'll be on your way to finding that special match chosen just for you! Please answer the following truthfully, and to as much detail as you think is necessary![/colour]

Name : [/colour][colour=#ffa500]Rift[/colour]

[colour=#282828]Gender : [/colour][colour=#ffa500]Male[/colour]

[colour=#282828]Gender preference (Optional) : [/colour][colour=#ffa500]Mares[/colour]

[colour=#282828]Location :[/colour][colour=#ffa500] Currently traveling[/colour]

[colour=#282828]Age : [/colour][colour=#ffa500]Young Stallion[/colour]

[colour=#282828]Species : [/colour][colour=#ffa500]Pegasus[/colour]

[colour=#282828]Species preference (Optional) :

Cutie-Mark (Optional) : [/colour][colour=#ffa500]Bass Guitar[/colour]

[colour=#282828]How would you describe yourself, physically?[/colour]

[colour=#ffa500]I'm in good shape, not very muscular but more lean, I have brown hair, brown eyes and an orange coat. I'm a little bit shorter than average. And I guess I look fairly attractive.[/colour]

[colour=#282828]How would you describe your personality[/colour]

[colour=#ffa500]I'm out going. I like to just enjoy myself and not worry about who's watching. I like to make jokes a lot.

I'm usually very outgoing and easy to please.[/colour]

[colour=#282828]What things in life are important to you?

[colour=#ffa500]I guess that would be my family, my friends, maybe my career._

I'm a musician, for me music just made sense. I found ponies that felt_

the same way and we just did what we loved. That worked for us because_

it was what felt right._[/colour]

[colour=#ffa500]I show up with some flowers maybe. We go see a movie. Get to know each other a little better over dinner. We go sight seeing around the town.

If she likes dancing we can go to one of the local dance clubs or a fancy ball if that's the type of dancing she likes. I'd save the kiss for later on in the date

and only if it felt like the right thing to do.[/colour]

[colour=#ffa500]Somebody than likes to have fun, being interested in any type of music would be nice,_

any personality that isn't just out-right rude is fine.[/colour]

[colour=#ffa500]The main reason I'm sending this in is because my friends think I should get out and date more. If you could look for someone with less experience as well I think it might be easier for myself if not both of us.[/colour]

[colour=#000000]You're done! Just mail this to Matchie at One Plus Another, 413 Saltyhoof lane, Fillydelphia, EQ, and we'll get back to you as soon as we can! Have a wonderful day![/colour][/colour]

[colour=#ffa500]"There... happy?"[/colour] he said handing back the paper.

[colour=#0000ff]"Exuberant."[/colour]

[colour=#ffa500]"What?"[/colour]

[colour=#0000ff]"Never mind."[/colour]

Mail! Mail, mail, mail mail mail! Ha ha, hee hee, hoo hoo! Matchie had her own little bout of merriment as she withdrew the refreshingly hefty satchel of mail from her inbox. Ponies all over equestria, no doubt with her services in request! She shuffled through each letter, quietly taking note - a fair number from Canterlot, not a big surprise given how large that city was... Baltimare... Manehattan... Oooh, a Stalliongrad writer? Good to see her letters were getting that far out!

But, still, she had work to do, even if it was delightful. Let's see...

[colour=#cc0033]"Oh, my... An archaeologist, a gentlemare... A musician, an aspiring chef, a historian, another musician... A hero, that ought to be interesting! Oh, my, I should check on Pathfinder, shouldn't I..." [/colour]Reminded of her previous matches, the matchmaking mare thought back to previous uncertain pairings, remembering with a bit of a start that she hadn't actually received any letters back on satisfaction or dissatisfaction with her services. ...Odd, but oh well! She had matches to make.

One, however, stood out very quickly - Snowflake? ...Really? Snowfall's mother, what a delight! Oh, how delightful, that one had worked out quite well after all! She'd get priority, of course.

A good two hours later of reading, taking notes and pontificating, she had one very striking match, and another that she had a fairly good feeling about. Marvelous! Well, time to get to writing!

[bg=#EEEEBB]

[colour=#000000]Name :[/colour] Dr. Merlot

[colour=#000000]Gender :[/colour] Male

[colour=#000000]Gender preference (Optional) :[/colour] Mares

[colour=#000000]Location :[/colour] Manehatten

[colour=#000000]Age :[/colour] Stallion

[colour=#000000]Species : [/colour]Unicorn

[bg=#B0E0E6]

[bg=#EEEEBB]

[colour=#000000]Name : Crystal Snowflake[/colour]

[colour=#000000]Gender : female[/colour]

[colour=#000000]Gender preference (Optional) : male[/colour]

[colour=#000000]Location : Stalliongrad[/colour]

[colour=#000000]Age : not as young as I once was, though still quite active[/colour]

[colour=#000000]Species : pegasus[/colour]

"To Madam Snowfall:

Thank you once again for taking the opportunities offered by One Plus Another; thanks to your eloquently-filled form, we've managed to find you a match that should prove most gratifying! The stallion in question is none other than the respected archaeologist Doctor Merlot, a rather well-to-do unicorn with a khaki coat, a very well-kept mane, a spring in his step, and a rather sharp mind. Given that you are both ponies of excelsior taste, I have arranged for a stay at the Hightower Hotel in Canterlot, as well as a reserved seats at the Canterlot Royal Theatre for a viewing of A Midnight Summer's Dream. Your stay is scheduled for saturday evening through sunday afternoon of the upcoming week, so do feel free to take your own liberties in Equestria's finest city!

Have a wonderful day!

-Matchie"

And, with her letter written, a similar one was scribed for the good doctor, Matchie's face in nothing short of a rather enthused smile.

"For the attentions of Dr. Merlot:

Thank you most kindly for your charming missive; it is with no small amount of pleasure I would like to inform you of a match found between you and the delightful mare known as Crystal Snowflake, a rather respectable powder-blue pegasus with a keen eye for fashion and design. Given that you are both ponies of excelsior taste, I have arranged for a stay at the Hightower Hotel in Canterlot, as well as a reserved seats at the Canterlot Royal Theatre for a viewing of A Midnight Summer's Dream. Your stay is scheduled for saturday evening through sunday afternoon of the upcoming week, so please take the opportunity to try and show her some of Equestria's finer destinations!

With my sincerest gratitude and the best of Equestrian luck to you

-Matchie"

Ah. ...Hah! That was fun, and it certainly brightened her spirits! Yes, there was a tiny smidgen of room for disaster, if the two attempted to out-wit one-another endlessly, but somehow Matchie was rather certain that the two would get along famously. Emphasis on famous, considering their respective standings! But, still, with a careful folding, an addition of the necessary tickets and paperwork for their travels, and her good sealing wax, those two were taken care of. On to the next match she'd managed to conjure up - a pair of young ponies, a little shy and a little intimidated by the sheer scale of the world?

[colour=#000000]Name : Musica-Lee Noted[/colour]

[colour=#000000]Location : Baltimare[/colour]

[colour=#000000]Species : Pegasus[/colour]

[colour=#282828]Name : Time Spinner

Gender preference (Optional) : Female

Species : Unicorn[/colour]

Well, first a location would have to be found - maybe somewhere strong with independant music and arts, just to get the shy musician a little more talkative and enthused, seeing as the stallion seemed to perhaps be the more confident of the two. ...Hm, that was a touch of a predicament. He would likely be more comfortable showing her around Canterlot, while she would be more at ease in her own home town. Hm indeed... With another twirl of her quill, she made up her mind and got to writing, this time a touch more informally.

"Dear Musica-Lee

Congratulations! Based on the darling letter you've written for us, we've managed to find you a match! The lucky young fellow in question goes by the name of Time Spinner, a coal-coated unicorn with an acorn-brown mane, very close to your age. As for where the date's been scheduled, I've attempted to keep things a little lower-key, as per both of your tastes, and as such you two will be meeting this friday, 6 PM, at the north entrance outside Baltimare's public gardens. Don't worry, I've included tickets for admission in the envelope!

Have a wonderful evening, and please write back if there's any issue!

-Matchie"

"Dear Time-Spinner

It is with some small delight that I'd like to inform you of a match! The lovely young mare in question goes by the name of Musica-Lee Noted, a musician and a somewhat timid mare besides. You'll be looking for a cream-coloured pegasus with a chestnut mane, probably wearing a bow and vest! The place and time of meeting will be 6 PM at the north entrance outside Baltimare's public gardens - don't worry, I've already got a train ticket and admission for you, as well as a pretty decent discount at the Inn of the Prancing Pony there if you need it (all enclosed within). Treat her gently, but don't be afraid to be yourself!

Don't hesitate to write me back if there's some problem with this arrangement!

-Matchie"

And that, as the poet says, was that. Two matches, four letters, and one big, merry smirk on her face. A few quick bits of notery between herself and the requisite inviduals, and Matchie had everything in place, the letters very swiftly on their way to the individuals they were meant for.

Feeling thus accomplished, the matchmaker mare sorted out the rest of the applications as need be, and started looking through her drawers to see if she'd missed anything. ...Oh, that application was still there! Oh dear oh dear, she'd have to do something about that one, no mistake. Serendipity, with any luck, might still be receptive... [colour=#d3d3d3]But that letter is another story.[/colour]

• Like 2

[colour=#000000]To Madam Snowfall:
Thank you once again for taking the opportunities offered by One Plus Another; thanks to your eloquently-filled form, we've managed to find you a match that should prove most gratifying! The stallion in question is none other than the respected archaeologist Doctor Merlot, a rather well-to-do unicorn with a khaki coat, a very well-kept mane, a spring in his step, and a rather sharp mind. Given that you are both ponies of excelsior taste, I have arranged for a stay at the Hightower Hotel in Canterlot, as well as a reserved seats at the Canterlot Royal Theatre for a viewing of A Midnight Summer's Dream. Your stay is scheduled for saturday evening through sunday afternoon of the upcoming week, so do feel free to take your own liberties in Equestria's finest city!

Have a wonderful day!
-Matchie[/colour]

[colour=#000000]Crystal was somewhat alarmed by the reply that came from the matchmaker. "Madame Snowfall"? Had the matchmaker linked her to her prior work with her daughter and was now trying to be cute? Regardless, she didn't particularly like it. The rest of the details were intriguing if kind of odd. The name Dr. Merlot was strikingly familiar. Was this somepony she was already acquainted with somehow? It was difficult to say. The matchmaker did sell him well though and the theatre at Canterlot was one of the best. Catching a show there would be worth the trip even in substandard company. She wasn't entirely sure what to expect, but looking it over she was want to give it a try. Who knew? It might just be an amusing time. At once, Crystal wrote the matchmaker back confirming the appointment.[/colour]

The door to Time's business opened. A white raven with a scarf that read 'History in the making' flew out of the building on her daily route. She flew to the mailbox and opened it. She saw a single letter and pulled it out. Her eyes opened wide as she saw the writing. Nevermore quickly flew into the building and into her owner's office, closing the door behind her. She dropped the letter on his desk with a loud, happy chirp. Time looked down at the desk.

[colour=#696969]"Oh yay, the letter from One plus another is here." [/colour][colour=#000000]He said unenthusiastic.[/colour]

[colour=#40e0d0]"Chirp!" [/colour][colour=#000000]Nevermore said but to Time is was probably along the lines of "You should be excited!"[/colour]

[colour=#696969]"I don't want to be excited Never. I didn't want this stupid thing in the first place."[/colour]

[colour=#00FFFF]"Chirp, Chirp."[/colour]

[colour=#696969]"Alright, Let me just open it." [/colour][colour=#000000]Time said. He opened the letter and read:[/colour]

[colour=#282828]"Dear Time-Spinner[/colour]

[colour=#282828]It is with some small delight that I'd like to inform you of a match! The lovely young mare in question goes by the name of Musica-Lee Noted, a musician and a somewhat timid mare besides. You'll be looking for a cream-coloured pegasus with a chestnut mane, probably wearing a bow and vest! The place and time of meeting will be 6 PM at the north entrance outside Baltimare's public gardens - don't worry, I've already got a train ticket and admission for you, as well as a pretty decent discount at the Inn of the Prancing Pony there if you need it (all enclosed within). Treat her gently, but don't be afraid to be yourself![/colour]

[colour=#282828]Don't hesitate to write me back if there's some problem with this arrangement![/colour]

[colour=#282828]-Matchie"[/colour]

[colour=#000000]Time leaned back in his chair. [/colour][colour=#696969]"So I got a match huh?" [/colour][colour=#000000]He said to himself. Nevermore replied with a happy Chirp. [/colour][colour=#696969]"Your such a sucker for romance." [/colour][colour=#000000]He told her. Then again so was he. He read the letter again, then went through some files in a nearby cabinet. While he was a historian he also kept some information about towns nearby. He read about the gardens. [/colour][colour=#696969]"So I've been set up on a blind date...on the one hoof the gardens are said to be gorgeous and the Prancing Pony seems to get good reviews by the gandalf grouper. She went through the trouble of doing it, So I might as Well go ahead and go there." [/colour][colour=#000000]He said getting up and grabbing the ticket out of the envelope. He took it as well as packed a few things. He put a black fedora on as he turned the sign on the front door to closed. [/colour][colour=#696969]"Don't worry Nevermore. I'll have Gadget feed you while I'm gone." [/colour][colour=#000000]He said as he wrote a note and teleported it to his brother's house. He closed the door behind him as he got on the train, giving his ticket to the[/colour][colour=#000000] attendant as he boarded. He looked out the window at his home town and took a long, deep breath.[/colour]

Musica-Lee walked up the path to her home on the outskirts of Baltimare, only to find one of her faithful students sitting on her porch swing. It was a surprise visit. Musica smiled and bega to trot, her saddlebag bouncing lightly on her body as she cheerily approached her driveway. A piece of parchment sticking out of her mailbox caused her to pause. [colour=#009966]Could it be?[/colour] she thought. [colour=#009966]Is it the letter?[/colour]

She opened up the mailbox with anticipation and hope. The mare opened the letter, seeming to zone in her focus to that only to read:

[colour=#282828]"Dear Musica-Lee[/colour]

[colour=#282828]Congratulations! Based on the darling letter you've written for us, we've managed to find you a match! The lucky young fellow in question goes by the name of Time Spinner, a coal-coated unicorn with an acorn-brown mane, very close to your age. As for where the date's been scheduled, I've attempted to keep things a little lower-key, as per both of your tastes, and as such you two will be meeting this friday, 6 PM, at the north entrance outside Baltimare's public gardens. Don't worry, I've included tickets for admission in the envelope![/colour]

[colour=#282828]Have a wonderful evening, and please write back if there's any issue![/colour]

[colour=#282828]-Matchie"[/colour]

[colour=#282828] The mare squealed. [/colour][colour=#009966]"I HAVE A DATE!"[/colour][colour=#282828] She exclaimed, her student from her porch overhearing her screams of joy. Her sea-green eyes fell to the stirred colt, and immediately her cheeks turned to a red shade. [/colour][colour=#009966]"Oops.."[/colour][colour=#282828] Musica muttered, tucking the letter in her saddle bag and approaching her student.[/colour]

[colour=#282828] [/colour][colour=#009966]"What is it, Clarence?"[/colour][colour=#282828] Musica asked the young colt. Clarence was her student and was learning to play the Clarinet. Musica smiled down at the pony who sat on her porch swing and looked up at her.[/colour]

[colour=#282828] "Its nothing Ms. Noted. I just have been having trouble with my keys. mum told me to come pay you a visit and you weren't here... so I waited." Clarence explained to the pegasus.[/colour]

[colour=#282828] [/colour][colour=#009966]"Aww, Clarence! Please don't wait for me if I'm not here next time, okay?"[/colour][colour=#282828] Musica responded, concerned. [/colour][colour=#009966]"Your mother must be worried about you! Listen, why don't you leave your instrument with me over the next couple days and I will see if I can't fix your instrument for you, okay?"[/colour]

[colour=#282828] Clarence, seemingly hopeful that his instrument will be repaired, set the instrument case by Musica's front door. "Okay Ms. Noted! Thank you so much! I'm sorry for staying longer than I should." [/colour]

[colour=#282828] [/colour][colour=#009966]"That's quite alright," Musica said, "Just go on home and drop by Monday.It should be fixed by then."[/colour][colour=#282828] Grant it, she had plenty of time to fix it now. But the date put her occupation on hold. So much going on, and so little time![/colour]

[colour=#282828] "Alright! Goodbye, Ms. Noted!" The colt exclaimed, before galloping off back toward the city.[/colour]

[colour=#282828] She lived a good bit out from the city. Musica hated to see the colt run back to the city on his own, but with it still being early afternoon and daylight was present, it shouldn't be a problem. Musica leaned down and grabbed the handle of the clarinet's case by her mouth and pushed open the doors to her home. Inside she laid the clarinet on her office desk, and hung up her saddle bags on a hook. Reaching into one of the bags, Musica pulled out the letter to read over it once more.[/colour]

[colour=#282828] [/colour][colour=#009966]"Time Spinner...Friday at 6pm..Baltimare's Northern Gardens. Tickets provided?"[/colour][colour=#282828] Musica spoke aloud to herself in broken sentences. She reached into the envelope and found two tickets. [/colour][colour=#009966]"Oh my..."[/colour][colour=#282828] Musica said, [/colour][colour=#009966]"Its truly happening? A blind date?"[/colour]

[colour=#282828] The realization the mare had was, she didn't know what to wear first of all. Second of all, she's never truly interacted with anyone...or go on a date. Musica's been kept to herself with her education all these years. But a new experience was due. She folded the letter and put it back into the envelope with the tickets. Tomorrow was on its way, and she had to prepare. Unable to contain the packed excitement, she screamed in her office, as loud as she could. Trotting in place, she danced with a sense of joy and unexpected excitement.[/colour]

"For the attentions of Dr. Merlot:

Thank you most kindly for your charming missive; it is with no small amount of pleasure I would like to inform you of a match found between you and the delightful mare known as Crystal Snowflake, a rather respectable powder-blue pegasus with a keen eye for fashion and design. Given that you are both ponies of excelsior taste, I have arranged for a stay at the Hightower Hotel in Canterlot, as well as a reserved seats at the Canterlot Royal Theatre for a viewing of A Midnight Summer's Dream. Your stay is scheduled for saturday evening through sunday afternoon of the upcoming week, so please take the opportunity to try and show her some of Equestria's finer destinations!

With my sincerest gratitude and the best of Equestrian luck to you

-Matchie"

2gtydsh.jpg

Delighted that the matchmaking service mailed a letter back faster than he expected from a small-time Fillydelphia outfit, Merlot opened the envelope to see who he’d be paired up with. Apparently, the mare in question was a lady by the name of Crystal Snowflake, and it sounded like she was a member of high society as well. The mare’s name sounded familiar to Merlot, although he couldn’t quite remember who she was. Whoever the lady was, she didn’t mingle with the gentlecolt’s usual social groups; if Merlot ventured a guess, he wagered that she came from Stalliongrad. It would explain Ms. Snowflake’s name at any rate.

Because of this assumption, and the fact that Merlot felt Crystal’s name had an air of familiarity to it, it meant that this pony really possessed enough importance where she lived to have her name recalled by the stallion. If Ms. Snowflake was nothing more than a flaky nopony, there would have been no way that Merlot could have recalled her at all. Filled with unexpected optimism, Merlot began making the necessary arrangements to clear his schedule for the upcoming weekend.....

• 2 weeks later...

((OOC: I hope nopony minds a little resurrection))

Mercurial Sun stared at the application form that currently laid on his table with a rather thoughtful look. For one thing, he wasn't exactly the kind of stallion to hit the dating scene. So, he wondered, why did he grab the application. "Well, that's a silly question.", he thought, "The answer is why not, of course". He gave a small grin as he picked up a nearby pencil with his mouth and started writing. Worst case scenario, he would waste an afternoon. Not exactly a big loss, and certainly one the somewhat distractable pony wasn't already familiar with. Best case scenario? Mercurial got a date, and maybe even with a mare who was as optimistic as he! Or maybe they liked astronomy too, or maybe... Mercurial trailed on with the unending list of best-case scenarios as he wrote down his information...

[colour=#000000]Name : Mercurial Sun. Though, Sunny works too.[/colour]

[colour=#000000]Gender : Stallion[/colour]

[colour=#000000]Gender preference (Optional) : Mare[/colour]

[colour=#000000]Location : Canterlot[/colour]

[colour=#000000]Age : Stallion, and more specifically on the younger side[/colour]

[colour=#000000]Species : Earth Pony[/colour]

[colour=#000000]Species preference (Optional) : Now why would I let a little thing like speices keep me from a good time? [/colour]

[colour=#000000]Cutie-Mark (Optional) : A sun wearing a top hat. Or is it a top hat carrying a sun underneath it? I can never remember...[/colour]

[colour=#000000]How would you describe yourself, physically? [/colour]Physically? Well, I'm not exactly winning any sort of sports event anytime soon. Though, I suppose that doesn't matter as much, because, you know, too each their own. Why, if I got into sports, then I'd be taking the fun away from people who really enjoy, and that's what makes watching sports fun... and I'm getting sidetracked. I would say I'm ever-so-slightly below average when it comes to my physique

How wouldn't I describe it? Well, for one thing, sad certainly doens't work its way in there. Or pessimistic, either. Rather fun word that. When it gets right down to the core of, well, me, I guess you could say I'm optimistic. If the cup is half-empty, I'd probably be the guy refilling it. Not that I like to brag, of course. OH! I do tend be a little on the hyperactive side, and then the calm side, and then the hyperactive side again, then somewhere inbetween, then maybe the calm side. Keeps things interesting.

Oh, certainly my profession is up there. The profession being astronomy. I could go on and on about it, but that's not exactly the point of this letter, is it? I guess I've always been rather fond of ponies having a positive outlook on things. I'd might be inclined to say I even dislike the company of ponies with a cynical streak, but honestly the change in opinion can be rather refreshing from time to time. Besides, there's nothing like a good debate to pass the time. OH! I almost forgot to mention, I absolutely adore a good sunny day. It practically screams 'Me!' (get it? Cause my name's Sunny?)

And here's the tricky question, isn't it? I mean to say, what exactly does a good date make? Its hardly the locale, but there is a certain way ambiance can affect the mood. So, I guess you could say I'm a big fan of a good old fashioned coffee house, at least to start. Someplace quiet, and tucked out of the way, and certainly doesn't provide any sort of upsetting mood. After all, who hates the smell of coffee? From there, I suppose we'd just... talk, really. If, or rather when seeing as how I trust your expertise, we hit it off, I would like it to be a meshing of like-minded personalities.

Why, a date of course! Nah, but seriously, I'm looking for someone... good-mannered. By which I mean nice. Not exactly polite, although that wouldn't hurt, but somepony with a lighthearted heart. A hardhearted heart is just the kind of heart I find hard to be hearty around. Aside from that, well, would it surprise you if I said I wasn't terribly picky? I mean, why deprive myself of an opportunity to really get a unique evening? OH! Maybe I should have put something about a unique night in the last question...

As I finish this letter, it occurs to me that there is one last thing. I mentioned I live in Canterlot, but distance really isn't an obstacle. Well, not one that can't be overcome, anyways.

8915545140_fb1a7866c2_o.jpg

Durham Red eyed the flyer suspiciously. He'd never considered a matchmaking service before. However, he'd already tried (and failed) to get a date with most of the Appleloosa mares, and made a fool of himself in the process. What could it hurt to try letting somepony else set him up for a change? And they were out of Fillydelphia, so maybe this 'Matchie' could find him a girl from his hometown. That would make his mother happy, that's for certain. Although he didn't know if any mares from the city would want to move out to the edge of the desert where he lived. Still, it was worth a shot.

[colour=#000000]Name :[/colour] [colour=#008000]Durham Red[/colour]

[colour=#000000]Gender :[/colour] [colour=#008000]Stallion[/colour]

[colour=#000000]Gender preference (Optional) :[/colour] [colour=#008000]Mare[/colour]

[colour=#000000]Location :[/colour] [colour=#008000]Appleloosa[/colour]

[colour=#000000]Age :[/colour] [colour=#008000]Young Adult[/colour]

[colour=#000000]Species : [/colour][colour=#008000]Earth Pony[/colour]

[colour=#000000]Species preference (Optional) : [/colour][colour=#008000]No Preference[/colour]

[colour=#000000]Cutie-Mark (Optional) : [/colour][colour=#008000]Mine? Um, two ears of wheat[/colour]

[colour=#008000]I'd say I'm a well built pony. I have a strong back and good legs. I should, since my job is to run the grain mill here[/colour]

[colour=#008000]in town. [/colour][colour=#008000]My coat is well kept, a sun baked red clay in colour. My mane and tail are short, and leaf green.[/colour] [colour=#008000]My [/colour][colour=#008000]eyes are [/colour]

[colour=#008000]medium blue. Um, I guess I'm taller than the average stallion, but not by much.[/colour][colour=#000000]___________________________[/colour]

[colour=#008000]My personality? Well, um, I guess I'm fairly likeable. I have lots of friends anyway. Although none of them are ladies.[/colour]

[colour=#008000]I do tend to show off around the fillies, trying to impress them. I usually end up making a fool of myself, though.[/colour]

[colour=#008000]My mother thinks I'm very sweet and would make a great catch. My sister thinks I'm a dumbtail, mostly. I think [/colour]

[colour=#008000]they're both right in one way or another.[/colour][colour=#000000]_____________________________________________________________[/colour]

[colour=#008000]My job, and my family. I run the grain mill in Appleloosa, and the townsfolk rely on me to provide quality flour for [/colour]

[colour=#008000]all their baking needs. My cousin lives with me and helps run the business. My little sister comes out to visit some-[/colour]

[colour=#008000]times, and in winter when the wheat is sleeping under the snow, I go visit my parents in Fillydelphia. Any girl who[/colour]

[colour=#008000]hitches her wagon with me has to value hard work and family obligations as much as I do. [/colour]____________________

[colour=#008000]My ideal date would be going to dinner, followed by drinks at the [/colour][colour=#008000]saloon. Maybe find a hoedown in a barn with a [/colour]

[colour=#008000]good fiddle player and do a little wild west dancing. [/colour][colour=#008000]I'm not a fancy theater or symphony kinda guy. Simple things[/colour]

[colour=#008000]make me happiest. [/colour][colour=#000000]_______________________________________________________________________________[/colour]

[colour=#008000]I'm looking for a mare to keep me company as we grow old together. One who wants to raise a family, have some[/colour]

[colour=#008000]foals we can pass the mill on to when we're too old to keep running it by ourselves. A girl who knows the value of [/colour]

[colour=#008000]hard work and has a strong sense of family and community with the neighbors. Somepony I'd be proud to have [/colour]

[colour=#008000]on my hoof as we stroll through town. And she's gotta be able to put up with me.[/colour][colour=#000000]__________________________[/colour]

[colour=#008000]I, uh, also have a hobby making fire water whiskey in a little still behind the grain shed. I don't imbibe regularly, [/colour]

[colour=#008000]mind you, but I do like to let my mane down once and awhile and have a little fun. [/colour][colour=#000000]________________________[/colour]

Durham put the filled out flyer in the post, crossed his hooves, and hoped for the best.

Charming Masquerade approached his mother's bed with his latest potion, a soft smile lighting his eyes before blinking back the tears. On the table beside her lady a single piece of parchment with a note attached.

"My son...this is for you. Please fill it out. We love you. Mother." The familiar scrawl had Charming looking over the parchment critically.

Hi there!  Thank you for choosing One Plus Another, Equestria's choicest blind-date and matchmaking service!  Just a few minutes of your time, and you'll be on your way to finding that special match chosen just for you!  Please answer the following truthfully, and to as much detail as you think is necessary!

[Final]#entry203992

Name : Charming Masquerade

Gender preference (Optional) : Mares...please

Species :   Unicorn

I am fairly athletic due to my profession..._____________________________________________________________________________________________

I am very shy. ________________________________________________________________________________________________

My family, healing.___________________________________________________________________________________________

A walk on the beach, getting to know the mare after treating her to dinner.________________________________________________________________________________________________

A companion.________________________________________________________________________________________________

I am usually searching the forest for herbs for my potions...and if I can't be found in the forest I am in my apothecary.________________________________________________________________________________________________

You're done! Just mail this to Matchie at One Plus Another, 413 Saltyhoof lane, Fillydelphia, EQ, and we'll get back to you as soon as we can!  Have a wonderful day!

​Charming sighed softly, knowing that this would be the only way his family would let him be. The scratching of his quill against the parchment ceased as he tried to fill in more answers but could think of no more.

Hope opened her mail with a delighted laugh. She had long gotten used to the bulk of requests for her trinkets, but the one letter that caught her eye was the invitation to try matchmaking services. While she admitted that she had no luck in the relationship department, she was reluctant to hand that aspect of her life over. Unfortunately, she needed the help.

[Final]#entry200872

Name : Hope Locker

Gender preference (Optional) : Any who will have me, darling.

Species :   Unicorn

I am trim and very fit, despite being an indoor mare._____________________________________________________________________________________

I am very much a sweet mare, once a pony gets past my dismissive demeanour...________________________________________________________________________________________

Making my jewellery, impressing my clients and of course having fun!________________________________________________________________________________

I would have to say it would be a quiet dinner in with a lot of laughter and perhaps a movie.______________________________________________________________________________________________

Anypony that I can get along with as well as fall in love with._______________________________________________________________________________________________

I do so hate reporters, and all their incessant questions.______________________________________________________________________________________________

You're done! Just mail this to Matchie at One Plus Another, 413 Saltyhoof lane, Fillydelphia, EQ, and we'll get back to you as soon as we can!  Have a wonderful day!

Hope gave another small laugh as she finished filling out the forms as needed. She couldn't believe she had just placed her love life in the hands of anypony aside from herself, but she figured it couldn't hurt to try!

Sent from my KFOT