The Journey Sets Sail!(Voyage to Unyasi: Private Rp)

QuickLime

Zecorafin2.jpg

It was finally time! The S.S Ponyprise had set sail! Zecora stood on the front of the ship, hooves on the railing, the gentle winds ruffling through her mane, eyes closing for a moment as she took in the sea breeze that gently tickled her nose, she giggled, feeling like the young mare she had been when she had first boarded a boat and sailed to Equestria! Glancing back at her companions she smiled softly and moved away from the railing

“My friends what an adventure we will see! Sailing upon the open sea!” She was light hearted and merry in her soul, glancing over the side railings, waving at Stephen “Swim close my friend do not stray! In my sight I wish you to stay!" She called out to him not wanting to lose their sea serpent companion like that! He was a crucial member of the team after all...then again everyone was vital in their own way, the only way they would get through this in one piece would be as a team!

“It will be so fun you will see! A journey with all of you and me!” Zecora tapped her hoof and grinned “How many of you can understand the native Tongue of Unyasi? By the time we get there it might be quite handy!”

[colour=#000000]The long voyage had soon began in earnest and already Sierra wasn't having very much fun. She was not one for closed spaces and a ship out at sea was about as closed as you could get. Since they had embarked she had found the need to take regular flights, just to enjoy the open sky above the cramped ship a while. She really had to envy her water-bound kin the sea serpent in this case. He was free to just follow along with them, not needing to actually rest inside the ship itself. Sierra was left wishing she had the energy and the strength to fly across the ocean on her own wings while more than aware of the limitations of a small dragon like her to do so.[/colour]

[colour=#000000]At least she had fine company for the voyage. Falco was already a friend and she was sure in time she would start to bond with the others as well. As she stood atop the ships deck, facing off out to sea, conversation broke out. She listened as Zecora began to speak to them[/colour].

“It will be so fun you will see! A journey with all of you and me! How many of you can understand the native Tongue of Unyasi? By the time we get there it might be quite handy!”

[colour=#000000]Sierra shook her head and laughed. [/colour][colour=#cc99ff]"Can't say I do. I only know the common Equestrian tongue. it's pretty universal these days so not much has ever been needed, even in my profession,"[/colour] [colour=#000000]Sierra said. She actually hadn't even realized zebras did speak a different language. Unyasi really was going to be a different experience for her, but she was eager to learn as much as she could about it. As a professional explorer it was important she didn't limit herself just to the wildernesses she knew. [/colour]

[colour=#cc99ff]"Not sure how much I could learn on this boat either. It'd be hard for me to focus cooped up on this thing," [/colour][colour=#000000]she said with a sigh.[/colour]

steven%20magnet%20copy.png

Steven Magnet could hardly contain his excitement now! He was finally in the water again, and he had a good feeling he wouldn't not be swishing his tail in the abyss of freedom for a good little while. By the way, his temporary legs dissolved as soon as he touched the water again, and it felt totally natural to have them off. The boat that the landlubbers were using looked fairly sturdy, as well as downright pretty, and Steven suddenly wished he had a camera to snap a photo of Zecora's mane blowing in the wind. Of course, that issue didn't apply to Steven, who uses unimaginable amounts of hair gel.

The sea serpent wondered if there was something interesting on the other side of the view-blocking boat, so he attempted to slink around it, only for a moment, to check.

Out of the corner of his eye, though, Steven noticed a stripey arc of motion.

"Swim close my friend do not stray! In my sight I wish you to stay!"

Oh, alright. He could see it later.

[colour=purple]"Oops! Sorry, Zecora, darling!"[/colour]

“It will be so fun you will see!"

Oh, yes it will be...

"A journey with all of you and me!"

Can't wait! It'll be sensational!

"How many of you can understand the native Tongue of Unyasi? By the time we get there it might be quite handy!”

...Oh.

[colour=purple]"Don't worry, Zecora!"[/colour] The reptilian hollered, while rather painfully craning his neck to search for the target of his remark, [colour=purple]"Equestrian's actually my second language, and nopony can even notice an accent! I'm a fast learner, so maybe you could teach me?"[/colour]

2v2gp7a.jpg

Days after the expedition last saw the land of Equestria, Falco Kestrelson finally realized what kept him from ever visiting Unyasi for all these years. Namely, that one had to put up with a boring ocean voyage that one had to put up with before reaching the southern continent. Prolonging the boat voyage, Zecora’s plan called for the group to depart at some place at the southern end of the continent instead of a port on the nearer northern side. It was too bad no airship service provided affordable flights to Unyasi; otherwise, the griffon would have purchased a ticket for it long ago.

Weary of being able to do nothing but listen to Pathfinder rambling about her half-crazed travels and fly around with Sierra every once in a while, Mr. Kestrelson actually felt delighted when Zecora asked if anybody knew her native tongue. [colour=#008000]“I sure don’t know anything ‘bout your language miss,”[/colour] he merrily responded; [colour=#008000]“But if you wanna’ teach us though, well then be our guest. It’s not like we’ve got anything better to do, heh heh... right Sierra?”[/colour] Emphasizing the point, the griffon jabbed his dragon companion with his elbow.....

Pathfinder.png

The wind told Pathfinder every little detail that a pegasus could care to consider, especially when she soared high and broad above the ceaseless ocean. The air was cool and heavy, her wings beating slower but with far more power than she would normally consider helpful. But that felt good, her wings still recovering from recent events in her life and the extra exercise helping her check off a few things on her rehabilitation check list. It also helped that there weren't any clouds to be found, so she couldn't secretly laze about for a while. She liked ships just fine, but they were slow and didn't attract nearly as many krakens and other sea creatures as she would have liked. Now if you happened to toss magical gem stones into the water and summoned such beasts or somehow found yourself in an underground volcano cavern, a boat could be useful for recovering while your wings dried off. Pathfinder flew high and low, a speck in the sun and suddenly skimming across the water, slapping the water with her hooves like she was galloping. She was bored and there wasn't a kraken yet. Only sea creature was friendly. Maybe he'd turn feral if he encountered one of his own kind out here and they had to fight him?!

She sighed.

A mare could dream.

During one of her low passes over the boar she caught Zecora's question and took a hard landing on the stern, taking off again due to awkwardness and coming back down in the deck for a spell.

[colour=#006400]"Oooh! Oooohh! I know some Unyasan words!"[/colour] She then proceeded to spout off a few choice words that a small group of zebras had yelled at her as she escaped with some sort of totem a few years ago in the Soggalong Swamp. It was glowing and they looked like they had been up to no good in the neighborhood- she had ended up selling said totem to Falco, whom she sauntered up to.

[colour=#006400]"And so when we get to Unyasi I'll be able to walk up to one of them and be like-"[/colour] She struck a somewhat posh pose and repeated the string of words before slapping him on the back, [colour=#006400]"though this time I won't have a totem to sell! Well...probably. We'll see! Unyasi has to have lots of awesome stuff hidden out in ancient sand temples or whatever zebras have. Maybe even a pretty jewel for the lady?"[/colour] She continued her posh tone and mannerisms up to Sierra and held for a few moments. She then broke down in a fit of giggles.

[colour=#006400]"See! I can totally be our secret Equestrian Royalty that everyone here is protecting until she finds something or the other! Or...well, Sierra would be better for that role. Role sounds way too dull for me! Not enough krakens or explosions. Speaking of, how're we gonna pass the time without something trying to destroy us?"[/colour] She asked Zecora, hoof to chin as she considered the dullness of that proposition. Few things were as horrifying!

• 2 weeks later...

steven%20magnet%20copy.png

The marine realm in which Steven Magnet dwelled was oft a lonely one. To be totally honest, he didn't look forward to swimming alone at night. Not only would the other ponies be inside, warm and comfortable, and telling stories and jokes of which the serpent couldn't be part, but when they fell asleep, who would be there to protect him, should disaster strike? Sure, even the reptilian knew he had a special proficiency for hollering, but the thought was still scary.

Also, Steven continued to patiently wait for an answer from Zecora, regarding his question about Zebra-ish, and if the zebra could give him a hoof in learning it.

[colour=#008000]“I sure don’t know anything ‘bout your language miss, [/colour][colour=#008000]But if you wanna’ teach us though, well then be our guest. It’s not like we’ve got anything better to do, heh heh... right Sierra?”[/colour]

[colour=#000000]Sierra sighed at Falco's words.[/colour] [colour=#cc99ff]"Well, I suppose I could attempt to learn some. But... yeah...this blasted ship really isn't ideal for study for me,"[/colour] [colour=#000000]she said, giving a long sigh.[/colour]

[colour=#006400]"And so when we get to Unyasi I'll be able to walk up to one of them and be like-[/colour][colour=#006400]though this time I won't have a totem to sell! Well...probably. We'll see! Unyasi has to have lots of awesome stuff hidden out in ancient sand temples or whatever zebras have. Maybe even a pretty jewel for the lady?"[/colour]

[colour=#000000]Sierra still wasn't entirely sure what to make of this highly unusual mare. Evidently she had a history with Falco, who seemed to trust her. That would be enough for Sierra except for the fact that this Pathfinder was just mystifying to her. Wild, reckless, and maybe a little dense... it was as if something very important had been lodged loose in her head. Here she was repeating Unyasi words that, even knowing none of the language herself, Sierra could all but guarantee were most impolite. She only hoped Zecora took no offense.[/colour]

[colour=#cc99ff]"I know you're likely just teasing me, though a quality jewel certainly would be nice. Little else tastes so satisfying and I haven't had any of quality since the last few I bought of Falco here,"[/colour] [colour=#000000]Sierra said, shaking her head. [/colour]

[colour=#006400]"See! I can totally be our secret Equestrian Royalty that everyone here is protecting until she finds something or the other! Or...well, Sierra would be better for that role. Role sounds way too dull for me! Not enough krakens or explosions. Speaking of, how're we gonna pass the time without something trying to destroy us?"[/colour]

[colour=#000000]The dragoness just stared baffled at the pony for a moment and then gave another resigned sigh. [/colour][colour=#cc99ff]"Somehow I doubt Zecora's kin would believe one of my kind to be Equestrian royalty, even if they maybe haven't seen one of us before,"[/colour] [colour=#000000]she said. She didn't even feel the comments about wanting something attempting to destroy them needed to be recognized.[/colour]

[colour=#000000]Moving toward Falco, she whispered toward him.[/colour] [colour=#cc99ff]"Your friend is...odd, Falco,"[/colour] [colour=#000000]she said, wearing an awkward exp<b></b>ression.[/colour]

2v2gp7a.jpg

While Sierra expressed her probable inability to learn Zecora’s native tongue, the eternally-wily pegasus that Falco Kestrelson took pride in calling his honorary niece saw fit to display her knowledge of the zebra language. As always, Pathfinder proved herself a riot; [colour=#008000]“Hahaha, that reminds me; remember that totem I purchased from you Pathy? I sold that thing two months ago to a private collector; some Canterlot bigshot if I recall right. Made quite a bit of dough on the totem; with any luck, maybe we’ll find even more stuff down south...”[/colour] Falco paused as his voice took a grim tone; [colour=#008000]“Unless somepony else also has the bright idea to go treasure huntin’ in Unyasi.”[/colour]

As Pathfinder hilariously rambled on and on, Sierra took the moment to whisper her opinion of the cosplayer to Falco. The vest-wearing griffon only had one whispered response to give; [colour=#008000]“I know... ain’t she the comedian? You really need to hear all her tales sometime, bwahahaha.....”[/colour]

• 1 month later...

Zecorafbanner.jpg

Oh dear this might be tricky! She honestly didn't expect any of them to learn an entire language "How about a whole tongue to master I write simple phrases down? You'll learn them faster!" Simple phrases like "Hello" "Help!" "thank you" "Go away" and "Where is the bathroom" would come in handy and it wouldn't take her long to copy down a few phrases for everyone "I do not expect that much of you, so a few simple phrases ought to do" Zecora chuckled before glancing at the horizon.

Wait hold up, record scritch!

Zecora turned her head back to the mare that started to babble, she did not recall sending her an invite "Not to be rude, but my focus is askew! I don't recall inviting you" Zecora frowned a little bit, she wasn't one to trump an adventurous spirit but it was one thing to ask to come along, it was a whole other matter to stow away!

Pathfinder.png

The Dragoness was more like a super silly goose, which was more common than you'd think in her kind. One time she found herself in some sort of big dragon gathering, and they were too busy mocking her and tossing her about like a toy that they forgot to pay attention to their oh-so-precious gems. Well, she had the last laugh when she escaped with part of the hoard, and the weeks that followed taught her all sorts of valuable lessons regarding dragon sociology, how to clean burns, what to do when your wing is being chewed on, tickling spots on dragons' undertail, and how to knock one out at a time. Who won? Pathfinder won, that's who! But the big takeaway was that you had silent but bad dragons, loudmouth dragons, and a small collection of civilized dragons that she liked hanging out with when they would have her. Sierra was one of the latter groups, even if Pathfinder felt she still needed to know more.

[colour=#006400]"Well, Unyasans- ites?- aren't all that well versed on Equestria, so why couldn't you be a Princess? You're civilized, seem smart, and have really pretty scales! Dress you up a bit, give you some nice gems and a dragoness dress, and call us your honor guard and waBANG! I'm sure they'd give us a tour of all their most secret zebra shrines and such. I don't have much zebra stuff in my collections, ya know? Not many zebra traps, come to think of it. I'm so excited! The might have huge boiling vats of poison, but the poison is sentient so it comes after you? That'd be cool and different! And what about mind control arrows? Combining my two favorite traps! Yay!"[/colour] She fluttered about, eyes closed and wiggle-dancing as she imagined the awesomeness of the awesome traps in an awesome adventure, everything was awesome and cool.

This includes Falco, who seemed to have made a mint off of the totem she sold him. What would the poor sap do without her excellent profit margins?! She tended to sell low because...well, she'd like to say because she had a plan, but it was mostly because bits were bits were bits to her and she couldn't tell a good deal from bad. In the end, did it matter? he gave her a deal on any survival gear he had on talon, she gave him cool things that he could either admire or make a mint off of, and somepony else could deal with the curse that came with it.

[colour=#006400]"Heck yeah I remember that totem! Did you manage to get rid of the ghosts that came with it, or did they move to haunting something else?"[/colour] She chortled heartily, remembering those few incidents fondly. The ghosts weren't mean or anything, just a pair of tricky little rascals with a penchant for trying to slip poison snakes into your tent at night. All in all, delightful.

But what wasn't delightful was Zecora's memory short-circuiting on her. Pathfinder didn't necessarily blame her because she was old and a zebra and who kew how old zebras remembered things? Not Pathfinder, that's who! So she politely fluttered back down in front of Zecora, stared at her for a second, then knocked thrice on her head and gave a hearty laugh, following it up with a hug of companionship.

[colour=#006400]"Your mind is all aflutter Zecora! I was there at town hall when you offered us places, remember?" [/colour]Pathfinder gave Zecora a noogie, taking to the skies afterward.

[colour=#006400]"And you picked the best of the best of the best when you picked me, Zecora! Look! Look at all my sweet adventure moves! Look everypony!"[/colour] She started doing all sorts of haphazard loops while throwing punches, hopping from cloud to cloud like she was avoiding arrows, and all the while making sounds-

[colour=#006400]"flit flit flit!"[/colour]

[colour=#006400]"BOOM! BANG!"[/colour]

[colour=#006400]"CRAAAAACK!"[/colour]

[colour=#006400]"EVERYPONY HEY EVERYPONY LOOK AT THIS!"[/colour]

[colour=#006400]"VROOOOM SCREEEEECH!"[/colour]

- After a few minutes of nopony paying attention to her (though she had no idea), Pathfinder took position of Steven, who was off by himself and totally able to watch her entire awesome performance!

[colour=#006400]"Hey! Hey! Hey! Did you like it? Having fun swimming? Do you ever get tired down there?"[/colour]