Stalliongrad

Frost137

So did the RP idea of Stalliongrad come from the fanfiction: The Battle of Stalliongrad? Unless it was mentioned in the show itself (not that I know of) then you can tell me.

Not familiar with the fic in question, but google turns up fics on fimficition published after Stalliongrad launched here.

You'd have to ask Diomedes for what directly inspired him, but I would think this is the kind of thing that was thought up independently by a number of people in the fandom; after all, Stalingrad is a city name that is incredibly easy to ponify.

Ah well that X's out that idea. So I will just assume that he came up with the idea because it can be ponified.

Are there any other towns/cities in the process that are going to be ponified?

Ah well that X's out that idea. So I will just assume that he came up with the idea because it can be ponified.

Are there any other towns/cities in the process that are going to be ponified?

If you check this link: World of Equestria, it shows maps of all the cities and towns on the WoE Equestrian map. Beyond that, there's currently no plans to develop other cities like Stalliongrad.

The city is not a "ponification" per se, but rather an attempt to create a Slavic-themed area for play. Some concepts are borrowed from the real world city of Volgograd (formerly Stalingrad during that regime), such as being on a river and having substantial industry. Other than that, the RP area was developed independently of any fic canon for the World of Equestria RP on Canterlot.

The only ponifications we have handled thus far are names for SOME cities and areas. The intent is to rely on themes and to build the cities around Equestrian culture instead of just "importing" things from our world.