Villains of WoE: Can we make our own?

LordMorrowind

Hello. I'm fairly new to this website, and thus do not understand all of it's rules on the World of Equestria RP. However, I've also noticed that it has a lack of legitimate villains for other RPers to contest against. Seeing this, a question appeared in my mind; if we were to make villains that followed the WoE's environment and rules, would we be allowed to play them? As we all know, villains do exist in My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, such as Chrysalis, Sombra, Nightmare Moon and Discord (Although the last two were later turned good). It only stands to reason that if they exist, why can't other villains be played as well? Oh, sure, maybe not with roles or powers as substantial as the villains on the show, but why not have people make a list of RP-able villains which can be recruited by the basic RPers for their RPs or stories? I think it would add a level of depth to WoE that it would otherwise lack. Sure, 'slice of life' is great, but surely everyone wants a little bit of action every once in awhile, right?

All I'm saying is, why not take this into consideration? I myself have a potential villain already thought out that follows WoE Rules. This is an open topic, so if anyone would like to put their input about this, feel free! I for one think it would be a great opportunity for the WoE RPs, and would also give RPers a wider range of options.

Short answer: if your villain isn't OP and can be used in slice-of-life situations without derailing threads, they should be suitable for WoE. For obvious reasons, all the primary villains seen in FiM so far would be considered OP and unsuitable for slice-of-life RPs found in WoE.

Hmm, well. The World of Equestria game is designed to really be a slice-of-life focused game. Most threads will be slice of life and the rules are constructed to support this.

That said, all characters who fit within the rules of the WoE game are welcome. Not all characters have to be nice and friendly. I personally have in my stable of OCs a number of characters who are designed to antagonize or cause mischief, as do a lot of players. This is perfectly fine. Can you make characters who are outright evil? No, probably not given the restrictions of the game. If you have a character ready who you feel genuinely fits the rules for WoE, go ahead and post it up. ;)

WoE does also have a good number of adventure threads, some of which make use of NPC antagonists of sorts exclusive to the thread and controlled by all players or by the OP. This sort of thing is fine, so long as RP rules are obeyed.

• Like 2

Organized crime doesn't really have a place in WoE. The only 'villains' you would see are ponies with snobby attitudes, small-time con artists, or childhood nemeses. Nothing quite so serious as thievery or anything like that.

Switching over to the Roleplayers group shouldn't take more than a few days. Really it all depends on when the admins are able to get to it. A request to switch your group should have been filed with them when the moderator filed your application. In the case that it does end up taking much longer than a few days, you might consider contacting a moderator or admin.