In the forest and through the woods ((OPEN!JOIN))

"Well just need to wait for Jogurt the broken winged pony and any others to head back to Ponyville which is directly that way,"Sapphire said as she pointed a hoof towards a big clump of trees."And morning Sliver hopefully your ready,"Sapphire said as she flew and hovered in the skies.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"You're all going to Ponyville?" Sky asked any of the ponies that would listen. "I'd go with you, but I still need to find the......the.......the Wind Lilly! That's what it's called!" Sky was rather proud of himself, until he noticed the raw hooves of Silver. "Ooh. Frostbite did you say? You know, I just might have something....." Sky trailed off, as he began patting his cloak's pockets. "I do!" Sky exclaimed, pulling five dried brown leaves from his left pocket. "These are tea leaves from Saddle Arabia. The Professor has them imported. They make a great tea, but also chemically react with cold water, making a fast-acting potion." Sky was so wrapped up in talking about the leaves, he had blocked out everything else. "I once got frostbite when I was a young colt. I had played in a snow-cloud without any of my winter gear. It was pretty bad, but the Professor just threw a few leaves into a bath and put me in. I felt better instantly!" Sky began to feel as though he were droning on. "So, um, yeah. You can try it if you want to..."

Silver Looked to Sky and took the leaves. His hooves stung at him pretty badly but he managed. He held the leaves and examined them. [colour=#A9A9A9]"These really do help? That sounds great!" [/colour]He chimmed to him as he looked back up. [colour=#A9A9A9]"I could help you find that flower if you so wish. I can still float, i bet i could keep airborn long enough to help."[/colour]He said as he attempted to take off. His wings stung at him with sleepyness and he fell to the ground with a thump. [colour=#A9A9A9]"Or not."[/colour]

"Hey what colour is the flower?"Sapphire asked as she wondered what she was looking for."Ah no worries ..... It's ok you can float on a cloud also I realise I don't know your name," Sapphire said to the pegasus. She began to fly down into the ground under the trunk to see the others and retrieve her armour bag."Nice to see you are awake Jogurt ready for the trip to Ponyville?" Sapphire asked as she slung her travelling bugs over her Boyd an strapped them in place."How is she doing?"Sapphie then again whispered to Jogurt to the still sleeping broken winged pegasus.

"You really want to help me?" Sky asked Silver, sounding rather shocked. "Well.....I.....thank you. Um, the Wind Lilly has four thin white petals and looks like a windmill. Though, we should make the potion before we start looking. Silt, do you have a bowl and some cold water we could use?"

Silt held his ears high, intrigued by Sky's show of the leaves. What kind of plant were they? He just had to know! Maybe, if he could get a leaf for himself... It still wouldn't be any use to him. His magic cannot bring dead plants back to life. But if Sky perhaps had a seed, or a live specimen... [colour=#008000]"Y-yes. There's a spring underground, in my home, but if we walk there's a river not to far from here. Well, more of a stream, really. But Sky, you said your Professor put them in a bath. Are you supposed to drink the potion or bathe in it?"[/colour] The unicorn thought it necessary to ask this, since he knew many remedies that were helpful as either a drinkable potion or a bath, but most that were helpful in one form were toxic in the other.

Hearing about the object of Sky's search, and reason for entering the forest, Silt stood and stared at the trees in thought. Wind Lilly? Four petals, white... [colour=#008000]"I've heard of that before."[/colour] Silt said more to himself than anypony else. [colour=#008000]"Wind lilies... they don't grow on the ground." [/colour]Silt looked at Sky and told him, [colour=#008000]"It's a good thing you have wings. Wind lilies are vine flowers. They grow around the trunks of the tallest trees into the canopy, and from there up into the space above the forest where the wind is strongest."[/colour] Silt searched his memories, trying to think of the place he had seen them growing. [colour=#008000]"I know of a place, but it's out of the way of Ponyville. Not by far, but still a delay." [/colour]He added, looking at the others. [colour=#008000]"There might not be any; once Wind Lilies flower the wind catches them and carries them, and the seeds they hold, to distant places to sprout anew. Though, if we found the vine, I could use my magic to get more to grow."[/colour]

Silver tilted his head as he took in all of the info that Silt had said. He was still bafled by it all. This unicorn knew his stuff and for good reason. He looked to Sky [colour=#A9A9A9]"You know we dont have to fix my hooves right away, i could sit on a cloud like Saphire said." [/colour]

"Nonsense Silver," Sky replied, "I won't let my need to get a flower come before anypony's well being. And Silt, to answer your question, the potion has different effects based on how you take it. Bathing in it is good for external problems, such as frostbite, and drinking it is good for internal problems, like a cold." Sky was proud of what he remembered from Professor Spectrum's lessons about the leaves. "So, our first stop will be the stream then, yes?"

Sapphire awaited with the broken winged pegasus and Jogurt while the others talked about a windmill looking flower."Hopefully she can travel on a cloud without it hurting ,"Sapphire said to Johurt adds watched her chest rise and go down again.Sapphire.Will that name be remembered for saving many ponies in the everfree or just a simple pegasus. she wondered what would happen once they were out camera ponies or just ponies who don't notice.She began to ponder on the idea as she sat on the dirt ground.

A multi-purpose plant? Silt nodded at Sky's information. He knew more about the leaves than he did, and that was good enough for him. It was exciting to know that there was another pony who shared his interests! [colour=#008000]"Sky is right Silver, you need to be well before we head out into the forest. Otherwise, you might be targeted by things that would hunt us..."[/colour] Silt shivered at the thought and turned his attention to Sapphire at the two stallions' mention of departure for the stream. [colour=#008000]"Are you coming with us? You know the way back to Ponyville best. Caymellow and Jogurt are welcome to stay with me until they're up for the trip."[/colour]

Jogurt slowly awakened with a yawn, stretching his arms and blinking. Groggily, he ambled to the spring and drank from it, noticing that everyone was gone. "Where did everyone go? Did I sleep in late?", he thought to himself as he munched on a cabbage head.

Having taken care of his morning meal, he went through the motions of putting on his helmet and equipping himself. He ambled to the steps and with a squeak, walked upwards, smelling ponies beyond the root wall. The trunk and roots parted, bathing his face in bright sunlight. Squinting, he emerged from the den, squeaking softly. "Hello?", he called out nervously, eyes still adjusting to the change in light.

The group seemed eager to head out. Silt was nodding with agreement when a small voice squeaked from his tree, "Hello?" The unicorn turned his head and saw the hamster, Jogurt, emerging with his eyes squinting and his helmet and sword glittering in the sunlight.

[colour=#008000]"Jogurt!"[/colour] The unicorn whinnied in delight. [colour=#008000]"Good to see you're awake, I believe we're just about to head out."[/colour]

Sky had barely noticed the creature until Silt whinnied in delight. 'What is that thing?' Sky wondered. He wasn't familiar with many of the creatures that lived on the ground, but he had never heard of any that were so big.....and fuzzy. Sky couldn't help but stare in puzzlement.

((Sorry everypony! I was working on Dragoart,but now I am back for certain :D ))

Caymellow's eyes opened,she had slept for,how long? she didn't know,and wanted to ask somepony,there,she saw Sapphire,sitting up quickly she rubbed her eyes with her hooves and asked,"How long had I slept for Sapphire,do you know?" Caymellow asked while feeling her side and wing,her wing had healed enough,that maybe she could fly,by chance,and her side was still stinging and tingly,she could live with that though,"Do you?"

Sapphire noticed Caymellow was awake and answered her question "You have been sleeping for about a day or 2 but we all crashed out last night, luckily it's time to go back to ponyville and hopefully on the way we can get the proffered student the windy mill looking flower," Sapphire said as she helped Caymellow out of her spot and onto her back, trotting up the stairs to the others waiting."Your last one up but hopefully it won't be too much of a problem now then who's ready to go back to ponyville!?" sapphire then said as she emerged out of the trunks roots and stepping over the Poison jokes.

((Absolutely!!))

Caymellow nodded,then was taking up and outside. "Thank you for carrying me up those stairs,"Caymellow said as she hovered off of her back,then fell onto the ground,standing,she looked around,"It would be nice to get back home to all my family," She said quietly.

(((Woah woah woah,HALT! First of all,introduce your character,no one knows where this changeling has come from,or who he is,please,go back,introduce yourself into the RP and then lead up to your idea of what you want to do,okay? Please and Thank You,As I am not trying to be rude,but include you in the RP,with everypony else knowing who your OC is,so he is not just a stranger who hops out and stands close to my OC and says how hungry he is,okay? Understand? I am not trying to be rude,ignorant,or anything like that,please just understand what I am trying to say!)))

(I agree with Lightning Streak. You need to start your character off away from the group. Heh, my character hasn't even been introduced to Caymellow yet, doesn't even know her name.)

Sky's attention was diverted from the fuzzy creature Jogurt as Sapphire and the other pegasus left the tree. "Oh, um, good morning." Sky said, "I....I don't think we've been introduced. My name is Sky Blue." Sky managed to do a somewhat awkward bow, but a bow nonetheless. "So, are we ready to head out now?" Sky was starting to get anxious. As beautiful as the forest was, it was still the Everfree forest, and he was starting to remember the howling he heard last night.

(Sorry I never ment to DarkShift is a smarter changeling yet he has remeoved from his clan. He was forced to roam the Everfree forest due to his actions on his rebellion to the changeling leader. He although looks a tad bit different his eyes are purple and fangs are longer. He notices Caymellow from over hearing the conversation and needs help. Once again sorry I wanted to start very fast :) )

(Don't feel like you have to rush gentlemen, we won't leave you behind if you want to join. Take your time with your writing, work DarkShift's backstory in as you go along so it doesn't overwhelm people, if you have a long back story that is. And describe what's happening - I see that he is close to Caymellow, but where did he come from? Did he come from the sky, or the underbrush of the forest? There is also a stream nearby that the group is heading towards, maybe they meet there?)

The great twisted tree unraveled itself to allow Caymellow and Sapphire Swirl passage from its innards. Silt smiled at them as they stepped into the sunlight, and the unicorn took joy in seeing how well Caymellow was healing. [colour=#008000]"You're feeling better?"[/colour] he asked as the pegasus eyed the sky. [colour=#008000]"I'm ready to get going if you all are. The stream is just a bit north, Silver can bathe there with Sky's leaves and heal, and we can go look for the Wind Lilly then; which is west. Then it's, it's back to Ponyville for you guys.."[/colour] Silt's voice dropped just a tad at the thought of the others returning to their homes. It was a pleasant surprise for him to find the company of other ponies, and Silt wasn't sure he wanted them to leave. But he wouldn't be able to live in Ponyville with them. He couldn't take that chance. Silt pushed the thought to the back of his mind. The others wouldn't leave until later.