In the forest and through the woods ((OPEN!JOIN))

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(Welcome to the chatter, Smartbrony! I'm sure you'll fit in nicely. :) I'm not sure where Fio and Stormwing got to, but should we assume that they're gone? Perhaps, taken by the timberwolves? If they wish to join up again, they can just jump right back in.)

Silt Treble's horn glowed a neon green, albeit very faintly. The trunk hiding the entrance to his home slowly twisted open and let in a rush of humid air and wet rain. The drops felt good on the unicorn's face. Silt stepped out into the downpour that dripped through the forest canopy, not minding the rumbling thunder booming unseen overhead. Not forgetting why he came up to the surface, Silt glanced around for the pegasus, Stormwing, and the diamond dog that he brought along.

They were both gone. Silt shivered despite the weather. Where had they gone? Did the diamond dog attack Stormwing? Or, Silt shivered again at the distant howl of timberwolves, had some worse fate happened upon the pair?[colour=#006400] 'I'm sure they're safe. Storming is a strong pony, I'm sure he can take care of himself.'[/colour] Silt thought to reassure himself, though he didn't quite believe it.

A rustle! Silt's head turned so quickly it cracked his neck, and he saw a shadow of a creature stumbling though the forest. He forgot his fatigue, adrenaline was coursing through him like a powerful awakening potion. Was it a timberwolf? He almost bolted into the safe haven below the tree with the thought. Though, when he thought about it, timberwolves called this place home as much as he did. They did not stumble unless injured. And, as far as he knew, they didn't talk to themselves either...

[colour=#282828]"It's like the forest itself trying to kill me! But I can't go back to the Professor without that flower. I haven't disappointed the Professor yet, and I don't plan to now!" Silt heard the pegasus say as he quietly drew closer. He wore a muddy cloak over his teal coat, and seemed to be searching the ground. It couldn't have been very easy looking for anything in this weather. Silt watched the pony for some time, stumbling over roots and branches as he searched, before deciding that he wasn't a threat to the ponies he hid. That, and he could hear the howl of timberwolves again and wanted to go to his home where it was safe and warm...[/colour]

[colour=#008000]"H-hello?"[/colour][colour=#282828] Silt said soflty as he revealed himself to the newcomer. So many ponies in the Everfree lately... hadn't they heard before that this place was dangerous? [/colour][colour=#008000]"Um, excuse me!" [/colour][colour=#282828]The colt said a little more loudly, as the pegasus appeared not to have heard. [/colour][colour=#008000]"Whatever you're searching for, can it wait until the storm lets up? I have a place we can go that's safe..."[/colour]

Silverbolt shivered more, the warmpth of the potion, the fire, the blanket and Saphire had helped him though his frostbite continued to sting. He Groaned a bit and drew closer To Saphire, he watched the flames dance infront of him. Without Saphire, he would have died. And now she was making sure he was ok by allowing him to Lay next to her. She was considered a good friend to him along with silt, he still was unsure of the hamster who was still working with the motar and pestile. He looked up to saphire and smiled at her. He looked back down and lay his head on the ground. He felt awefully tired and closed his eyes,[colour=#A9A9A9]"Thank you saphire, Thanks for saving my hide." [/colour]He said to her. He fell asleep, his sides gently lifting up and down as he breathed.

Sapphire was tired due to her coming into the forest and rescuing many Pegasus's and unicorns and the wet rain had soaked her through and through.She began to look through her charmed bag and pull out her armour making sure every piece was there as well as an extra blanket for the freezing pegasus beside her, who had moved closer to her to escape the cold.She smiled down at him as he smiled up and watched as he fell asleep also hearing "Thank you Sapphire,thanks for saving my hide,"she looked down and said to him as he was sleeping"Your welcome and it's important to save every pony,but I might have to leave soon," she whispered the end bit as she realise she may have to go back to Canterlot to patrol the weather for the night for the princesses.

Sky Blue heard a howl in the distance. Whatever it was, he didn't want to stay in the forest to meet it. He began to search quicker, not caring if he stumbled or not. He heard another howl, sounding closer this time. In spite of this, he paused. He could have sworn he heard another voice. Maybe he was just hearing things, he had heard stories of the forest driving ponies mad, but then he heard it again.[colour=#282828] [/colour][colour=#008000]"Um, excuse me!" [/colour][colour=#000000]The voice said. Sky turned to see the outline of a unicorn in the darkness, a light shining from the ground behind the unicorn. His eyes were not used to such a dark place. Sky wasn't sure if he was just seeing things, but the voice continued on. [/colour][colour=#008000]"Whatever you're searching for, can it wait until the storm lets up? I have a place we can go that's safe..."[/colour][colour=#000000] Safety. From the sounds of that howling, Sky liked the sound of somewhere safe. After all, he wouldn't be able to give the flower to the professor if he was dead![/colour]

[colour=#000000]"That.....That sounds nice. Um.....Thanks." Sky muttered. He had never really been very good at talking to anypony else, let alone shadowy figures in a mysterious forest that offered you shelter. Sky wanted to introduce himself, but the sound of another howl made him decide that it should wait until later. All Sky could be sure of now was that the Everfree forest was definitely not a safe place.[/colour]

Sapphire was worried that Silt was gone to long so she began to stand on her hooves and slide her amour on with ease.She covered the blanket tighter round the colt and moved him closer to the fire keeping him extra toasty.Sapphire thought about her complexion where she looked like Nightmare Moon with her armour on hoping to scare evil things outside.She hoofed up the stairs and watched as the trees roots opened up and awaited her to emerge into the storm.She saw Silt standing there and a few howls (timberwolves) she also heard twigs snapping and an outline of another pony in the roots and bushes."Silt get the pony inside I'll keep an eye out on the forest," Sapphire said as she hoofed forward guarding Silt and facing the howls awaiting to see the pony from the bushes.

Sky saw another figure emerge from the light. This one seemed to be wearing armor. [colour=#282828]"Silt get the pony inside I'll keep an eye out on the forest," the new pony said. Sky could only assume that Silt was the name of the unicorn before him. Another howl, this time from some nearby bushes. With a start, Sky ran towards the light, stumbling as his eyes attempted to adjust themselves to the new light conditions. 'Who are these strange ponies,' Sky wondered, 'and what are they doing here?'[/colour]

[colour=#000000]"That.....That sounds nice. Um.....Thanks." The pegasus muttered. He seemed to be made of similar stuff to Silt! The unicorn gave him an awkward half smile. He didn't mean to be so, but he was so tired.. Finding out that it was another pony in the forest and not timberwolves that knocked upon his front door, so to say, was a relief to Silt. It was also a relief when Sapphire Swirl ascended the stairs.[/colour]

[colour=#282828]"Silt get the pony inside I'll keep an eye out on the forest," Sapphire told him, once more donning her strange armor. Silt needn't have done anything, however, as howls sounded from the foliage not to far from where they stood, and the new arrival bolted down the stairs. Eager to join him, but not wanting to leave Sapphire alone with the wolves, Silt hesitated.[/colour]

[colour=#008000]"Sapphire, you don't need to stay out here. The wolves don't know about my home, they can't get in. And there are other... precautions... I've taken to prevent break-ins."[/colour][colour=#282828] Silt furrowed his brow in worry when he looked upon the mare. [/colour][colour=#008000]"Please, we all need rest. Especially you, who've gone out into the forest trying to rescue others. Stay out here if you want, I won't make you come inside, but we sure could use your strength tomorrow when we start heading to Ponyville."[/colour][colour=#282828] With another half smile directed towards his friend, Silt descended the stairs into his home. It took a moment for his eyes to adjust to the light, but Silt lived a good part of his life in the forest and his eyes were used to the perpetual twilight from the leaves blocking out the sun. Underground wasn't to far from that. Pausing on the bottom steps, Silt surveyed the room. His bed was taken up by Cawmellow and the hypodermic pegasus (who seemed to be doing okay, even if he was shivering still) while Jogurt sat a little ways a way, closer to the spring, playing with his mortar and pestle. The new pegasus seemed to still be finding his place, but Silt wasn't to worried. The room explained itself, and he would be sure to speak up if the pony went to near to his seed wall. Otherwise, Silt didn't mind what the newcomer did.[/colour]

Silt took his place next to Jogurt, not too far from his stash of hay and the spring. He eased himself into the dirt, sighed contently, and ate a mouthful of hay before turning to Jogurt. [colour=#008000]"Forgive me, friend, I've been meaning to ask... That ring of yours? I'm curious about it."[/colour] Silt watched the hamster and chewed slowly. He mustn't rush food, fatigued as he was, or he would end up sick. [colour=#008000]"And your weapons; your sword and shield.. are you a warrior?"[/colour]

Sky's eyes were very slowly adjusting to the light of the fire. He could start to make out the shapes of other ponies sleeping in the room, along with.....something else, over by a pool of water. The unicorn, Silt, went over and began talking with the creature, but before Sky could listen in, he yawned deeply. 'How long have I been out here? Is time itself different in the Everfree forest too?' Sky tried to concentrate on his thoughts, but another yawn overtook him. Sky decided the best thing to do would be to find a place to sleep and puzzle everything out in the morning. He found himself a nice corner to lay down in, and as he dozed off, he heard a voice unlike any he had heard before. It was soothing, and seemed to be lulling him to sleep, calling him deeper into the forest....

Jogurt looked up from the mortar and pestle, regarding Silt with a curious stare. He watched Silt eat hay for a moment before he was asked a question by Silt. He had inquired about his ring, which he was grateful to Silt for picking up off the dirt floor for him, and about his equipment. Still a little on edge from Silverbolt's exclamation and the newest arrivals, realizing how different he was to them all. He set the pestle down and squeaked nervously, tapping a paw in thought. "How do I explain this to them without causing them undue distress? Especially the ring, that thing does odd stuff to non-Yogs.", he pondered that thought for a moment as he took a sip of the spring.

He finally came to a decision to tell all and made a small flourish with his blade, careful not to damage the roots before putting the blade away in it's scabbard. He gave a sniff of the air and blinked, before settling down next to the fire. "Well, the ring is magical and it changes the wearer's shape to look like me. It does nothing else, and can be freely removed. You will still be able to do all you could normally do, but you'd look like me. I am a warrior, fought against a black dragon with a ragtag bunch of other warriors, mages, and archers. After everything was said and done, I somehow woke up here with no idea how I got here. So I kinda wandered around until I smelled you ponies.", he answered, bowing his head and nibbling on another vegetable from his pack, feeling quite drained.

Sapphire listened to Silt as he said about his tree and sleep but she new she had to stay out "I'm fine a few bits of meat should make them stay away for longer,"She said as Silt and the other pony descended downwards. She threw many bits of meat into the forest very very far away listening as the howls went down and disappeared.She turned and started to head down the dirty stairs stretching her wings slightly as she does so.Sapphire listened to Silt and Jogurt talk about a few rings and armour and watched the new pony sit and yawn a few times before finally falling asleep."they should be off for a few long hours at the most so when we head back to ponyville we have to be careful I only have a few meat chunks left," She said as removed her armour on her head and the rest of it.She began to settle down next to the freezing pony and cover her with the 2 blanket and again cover her wing over him keeping him warm. Sapphire yawned once and said to silt and Jogurt "You guys should get some rest you've been up for a long time especially you Silt," she said again once that had stopped speaking for a bit.She put her body to the ground and began to close her eyes watching Silt and Jogurt before he finally fell asleep and curled round the cold pony slightly.

Silverbolt slept soundly, he shivered every now and then but not to badly as before. He had a few Waylay dreams that had disturbed him from his slumber. He had awoke and opened his eyes to see that Saphire and Silt had gone. [colour=#A9A9A9]"Saphire? Where did you go? Silt?" [/colour]He called out slightly. He Didnt hear a reply, only the tapping of the pestile that The Hamster had. He Worried slightly but figured that everything would be fine. He lay his head back down and watched the flames. His body had planned off and he no longer felt the cold grip of hypothermia around him. He shifted on the dirt floor and curled up in the blanket more, his hooves still raw with frostbite. He heard the distant chatter of a few ponies. Then the sound of the trunk opening and A newcomer running down the dirt steps. He moved his head ever so slightly to get a glance at him before returning it back to the flames before him. He let out a tired sigh and closed his eyes again. He lay there Listening for a few moments more and heard Silt return, he talked about a ring with the creature and heard talk of The ability to change forms. He didnt really know much about these things so he kept to himself. He heard hoofsteps nearby and the clanking of armor. Saphire had returned and had lay back down next to him. He felt her wing cover him once more which provided comfort for him. She had told Silt and Jogurt off about not getting enough sleep then she herself Lay her head down. She had curled up around him and fallen asleep. Silver yawned a bit and let himself slip away slowly into slumber. He curled up close to Saphire, hopefully they got enough rest to make the jorney tomarrow.

A dragon? Silt blinked in surprise at Jorgurt's statement. [colour=#008000]"You... you're very brave." [/colour]Silt Treble said admiringly to the hamster.[colour=#008000] "I would never have the courage to do something like that. In fact, I don't have much courage at all... I'd like to hear the whole of your adventure, sometime."[/colour] The unicorn chewed on another mouthful of hay and thought of the ring. How very odd it was, the idea to be able to change your shape, but Silt supposed that it was a magic that could be very useful.

"You guys should get some rest, you've been up for a long time. Especially you, Silt." Sapphire Swirl mentioned to Jogurt and Silt from across the fire. Indeed, as Silt looked around, most ponies were asleep or just about to be.

[colour=#008000]"Jogurt, you say you don't know how you got here?"[/colour] Silt asked as he rested his head upon his hooves, his belly finally having enough in it to quite the rumblings. [colour=#008000]"I don't know where you come from, but you're welcome to my home for as long as you like. And my help, if you'll have it."[/colour] He closed his eyes, so heavy they were from his fatigue. It didn't take long for him to fall into a sleep without dreams.

Sapphire finally got to sleep just as silt closed his eyes as well her only wondering in her thoughts while she is sleeping if Jogurt went to sleep or not."bring them safe back to ponyville keep a record then give to the princesses...."twilight Sparkle said loudly in her tree house from a few days before she entered the everfree forest. Her dream wobbled then change to a dark night scene in Canterlot. She was looking up at a door when a bell ringed causing her whine.Two ponies stepped out a fully grown male and female grabbed the basket in aww and lifted her up seeing her name written in black on the aside saying Sapphire in fancy letters.Then the scene ended to just blue sky with white soft clouds floating effortlessly with millions of ponies,pegasus and unicorns crowded round on the clouds laughing at her because her coat is black Not all bright like theirs and she stays up all night like Princess Luna but because she isn't royalty she is laughed at.Then yet again it changes to just a white pit her sleeping soundlessly nothing to worry about.

(I guess I'll take the first morning post)

Sky awoke to the crackling of the embers in the fire pit. The room was dimly lit and he could make out the shapes much better. He counted three pegasi, two of them female, one unicorn, and.....that creature. He really didn't know what that thing was. His knowledge of animals really only stretched as far as birds that flew around Cloudsdale. Sky needed to stretch, as he did every morning, but he couldn't do it in here without waking someone up. He ascended the stairs towards where he had entered the night before. 'There must be a doorknob or someth.....' Sky pondered, as the tree opened up to let him outside. 'I knew some unicorns had powerful magic, but this is too cool!'

Sky stepped outside and into the fresh morning air. Sun rays were shining through the trees, making the forest a sight to behold. "Wow," Sky whispered to himself, "it's so beautiful!" Sky began his stretches, eager to set out in search of the flower, but not wanting to leave without thanking the ponies that sheltered him through the night. 'It's the very least I can do.' He assured himself. He had forgotten about the howls in the night, taking in the beauty of the new day instead.

Silt probably would have slept quite a bit longer had the tree above not moved. But it had, and the sensation woke up the unicorn. He looked around his den, surveying the others sleeping and the dying embers of the fire. The sleep had been much needed, and Silt felt ready to face the day! Summoning his magic, he summoned a small trickle of water from the spring to put out the remnants of the fire. When the others woke, they would be able to see thanks to the glowing mushrooms spotting the walls and ceiling. Silt nodded, satisfied with his work, then quietly trotted to the seed wall. The group would head out today, and he wasn't one of the unicorns that could see the future; he took all of the pods and stored them in his mane - just in case. Nothing else came to mind to prepare his den for the journey he was to take, but his tree would need protection should he be away for a few days. Silt ascended the dirt stairs into bright sunshine and shared the joy of the forest for wet earth and warm light.

[colour=#008000]"Good morning."[/colour] Silt greeted the pegasus from last night as he came further out from the trunk. The stallion was doing stretches. [colour=#008000]"My uh, my name is Silt Treble."[/colour] the unicorn mumbled, remembering that they hadn't been properly introduced. Silt went about preparing the tree for departure while he tried to make small talk. [colour=#008000]"Did you sleep well?"[/colour] he asked as he trotted over to a small patch of Poison Joke that grew on the opposite side of the entrance in the trunk. His horn glowed neon green as the accelerated its growth process to produce seeds. Since the ground was very damp from the storm, it was a lot easier to multiply the funny-looking blue flower so that it covered a large patch, save for a small trail leading from the entrance, around the tree to protect it.

[colour=#008000]"Good morning." [/colour]Sky heard from behind him. He paused in his stretching and turned his neck to see the unicorn emerging from the tree. [colour=#008000]"My uh, my name is Silt Treble." [/colour]Sky had already figured that out, but it was still polite of the unicorn. [colour=#282828] [/colour][colour=#008000]"Did you sleep well?"[/colour]

"Uh, yeah, I slept great. My name's Sky, Sky Blue. Did, uh, did you sleep well too?" Sky thought it would be polite to return the question and resumed his stretching. "Thanks for letting me stay the night in your tree. It's really cool!" Silt had gone over to a patch of blue flowers and was using magic to make more of the flowers grow around the tree. "Um, what are you doing?" Sky asked.

Sapphire awoke to the light of the mushroom looking like things glowing on the wall and to find the new blue pegasus and Silt gone.She looked down to where the pegasus lay she could see colour in his face and she checked his hooves thanking Celestia and Luna that she found him in time.-Big day. She thought as she carefully slid her black wing away from the sleeping pegasus and wrapped the blankets around him just keeping him extra warm, just in case.Sapphire saw Jogurt sleeping with nothing around him so she took a few leaves to cover up and make his bed hopefully not waking him.She then went over to the broken winged pegasus and re-covered her with a blanket.Finally she opened her wings in need of a fly and carefully walked up the muddy stairs just as the tree roots disappeared she flew up into the sky fast but not her fastest and did many loop-the-loops enjoying the freedom."Hey guys its time to head back to ponyville when the others wake up and silt...."she trailed off as she slowly flew down so they could hear her then landing on her feet and looking with a smile her black coat glinting in the sunlight.

Silverbolt stirred He awoke and opened his Silver eyes. They glowed in the light of the mushrooms, He looked around and took note of the missing Ponies. He slowly got up and yawned widely, His hypothermia a distant memory. He flapped his wings to get blood flowing to them, Even though he really didnt need to. He Trotted slowly on his hooves. They stung ever so slightly when each step befell the ground below. Silverbolt trotted to the dirt stairs, he saw that they were disturbed and the dirt was scattered. He took one small step at a time wincing at the slight sting of his raw hooves. The tree trunk opened to his surprise, he had only seen it open once but it still caused his eyebrow to raise. He trotted outside slowly and saw the others bathing in the sunlight. He smiled to each of them and sat on his haunches taking a break.

Silt nodded his head. It was good to hear that Sky slept well, given the sudden meeting they had, and nice to hear Sky compliment his home. [colour=#008000]"Oh, this?"[/colour] Silt gestured to the poison joke in respose to Sky Blue's inquiry. [colour=#008000]"I'm making sure my tree is protected. A lot of my magic went into it, so it's very important to me..."[/colour]

At that point, the trunk twisted open again to release a blur of black shooting towards the sky. Silt watched the pegasus do a few loop de loops before descending. "Hey guys it's time to head back to Ponyville when the others wake up! And Silt..." Sapphire Swirl trailed off, leaving Silt to raise his eyebrow in question.

Another pony came from the trunk before he had time to ask. It was the pegasus that had been suffering from hypothermia, though he seemed to be much, much better. [colour=#008000]"Oh! You're awake!"[/colour] Silt said excitedly, trotting over to the pony.[colour=#008000] "How do you feel Mr... um?"[/colour] Silt flushed, realizing that he still didn't know the pony's name. He had, after all, been a little out of it with the hypothermia.

Silverbolt Looked at Silt with his Silver Irises, They glinted in the sunlight. [colour=#A9A9A9]"Um....Silverbolt.....You can call me Silver if you wish." [/colour]He said to him with a friendly tone. His wings unfolded and flapped a couple of times, they were still asleep. [colour=#A9A9A9]"Hooves are very raw, Hypothermia is gone thanks to you all." [/colour]He said. He looked to Sky, he had just barely caught his name to remember him. [colour=#A9A9A9]"Looking for a flower huh? Guess its for work? I understand." [/colour]He said to him. He glanced over to see Saphire he smiled to her. His eyes closed and he took in the sun's rays. He yawned once again and opened his eyes once more.