First Annual EQGirlsCon! //Closed Registered Guests only

QuickLime

iKfSVnA.png

Whirligig has known for much of her life that she talked way too much. She couldn't help it - there were just so many thoughts rushing through her mind and so many words to be said! So many questions to be asked, too - the blue pegasus had always been bright and curious about the world, and the ponies around her. And someone a long time ago told her that the only stupid question was the one that went unasked. So Whirligig asked all of them. All at the same time.

She was, however, conscious of this flaw of hers, and some days it weighed on her more heavily than others. Today she had mostly not even thought of it, until she was met with a very blank, and somewhat crooked stare from a certain grey mare. Immediately Whirligig noticed, and was self conscious of her mistake. In the awkward silence that followed, she exchanged a slighly nervous glance with a grey unicorn who was standing nearby, munching on bonbons from the cream-coloured pony's cart.

[colour=#ffcc00]“My name’s Derpy Hooves! Nice to meet ya’.”[/colour] came the reply of the other pegasus at last. This time, making a conscious effort to slow her speech, Whirligig smiled warmly and replied [colour=#498995]"Well, it's a pleasure to meet you, Derpy Hooves."[/colour]

Hmm. That didn't seem like quite enough words strung together for Whirligig's liking. She tried to think of the most important question of all the questions she'd asked the mare before, thinking maybe that they could have a reasonable and rational conversation if she could just slow it down a little. Beckoning for the violet-maned unicorn - her beautiful badge decorated with her cutie mark read 'Regal Steel' - what a lovely name! It made Whirligig think of finery and fanciful Canterlot living as well as of a durability and courage of a solid metal. Quite a good name, actually - the pegasus rather liked it - now where was she going with this? Oh, yes, she beckoned for Regal Steel to join their conversation, Whirligig started again.

[colour=#498995]"So, I've just come from Cloudsdale. Where are you two from?"[/colour]

Asking that simple question had been far more difficult than it needed to be.

---

ADvu5ah.png

[colour=#ff8c00]"Oh hello there Cherry! Nice to see you here too. Yeah, this event is really nice so far. It's amazing how many ponies are here. And thanks for the compliment on the cake. It's just a habit of mine really to bring a cake to a party. Wouldn't want anypony to go hungry you know. So how are things with you?"[/colour]

Cherry Berry smiled. Carrot Top was always a voice of reason - a simple easygoing mare who was easy to talk to. [colour=#9B145B]"Eh, not too bad, ya know? I've been working in the garden this weekend and 've had plenty uh jammin' ta do, nothin' too-"[/colour]

[colour=#8B4513]"Hello there! I'm Louise LaMare and this is my friend Tankena from Stalliongrad! It is a pleasure to meet you both!"[/colour]

[colour=#008000]"Da! Great pleasure! Is that carrot cake? That is one of my favorites things to eat"[/colour]

Chibsy groaned rather audibly. She had been trying to avoid the loud Stalliongradian mare. Tankena wasn't dancing now, but given time Cherry Berry wasn't sure what she was likely to do given what she'd noticed of the mare's behaviour thus far. Louise LaMare seemed reasonable enough, however, so maybe it wouldn't hurt her to give them a chance. Why had she come to this con if she didn't want to socialize with others?

[colour=#9B145B]"Uh, I'm Cherry Berry,"[/colour] she said, then turned to the orange farm pony so that she could introduce herself.

---

kZsPxMg.png

Trains. You never could trust them silly things. Sometimes they ran right on schedule - other times when they said "delayed by ten minutes", they meant an hour. Or three hours. Or a full day altogether.

N'aw, it was never really all that bad. Yeah, the Las Pegasus train was late leaving Las Pegasus, was late arrivin' in Dodge Junction, and as such Miss Jubilee was late to the marecon in Ponyville.

Not that Equestria Girls Convention was her typical fare - Cherry Jubilee preferred rodeo competitions and country fairs to conventions where food was provided - generally speakin' they were better for business. It wasn't like she could sell her freshly baked goods here, when the flyer had made it clear that refreshments would be provided. All the same, Cherry Jubilee was in need of a holiday from Dodge Junction - she loved the small western country town, but certain cities contained some services and amenities that her usual rural lifestyle lacked. A weekend of socializin', gossipin' and bein' pampered sounded like a mighty fine idea to her! She'd heard of Ponyville from one or two of the workers she'd hired at Cherry Hill Ranch over the years and her initial reaction to the town was that it was simply delightful!

She found Town Hall with little trouble, and after collecting her badge from the registration desk, and greetin' the mare behind it with a mighty enthusiastic "How de do?", she made her way into the ballroom to begin minglin' with the other guests. There didn't seem to be too many country folk mulling about - she saw barely a pony she recognized aside from Princesses Luna and Cadance, who appeared to be getting a fair bit of attention - t'was expected, o' course, but no need to dogpile that lot when there were plenty of other interestin' ponies to meet and greet.

As she entered the main room, she could see that the party was already in full swing. Fashionably late, perhaps? It wasn't her usual style, but Miss Jubilee could certainly work with it. Her attention was soon captured when a loud and jubilant cry rang out from near one of the tables burdened with refreshments.

[colour=#ff3399]"Mares of Equestria, listen! I, Harlequin Salad, aspiring master of cuisine have prepared for you today culinary delights beyond your imagination! Any mare who wishes to be introduced to flavours of which they have never before dreamed, step forth and obtain from me a free sample of my craft, guaranteed to make your palates cry out in blissful delight!"[/colour]

Well, wasn't it just Miss Jubilee's lucky day! Bein' a rather excellent cook herself, she was always keen to expand her palette and delight in the delicacies prepared by other hooves. The pony calling out was an odd-looking one - her coat a splotchy two shades of brown and her mane a bright fuchsia. Also, she was tall and rather skinny. Cherry Jubilee recalled briefly the words of wisdom passed down to her from one of her aunts - "Never trust a skinny cook," but it was a fleeting thought that she didn't revisit, and with great enthusiasm the cherry farmer approached the pony performing her theatrics.

[colour=#95313E]"Well hi there! Ah'm Cherry Jubilee. Ah must say, that was quite the song an' dance you jest performed there, sugar. Ah hear tell you have prepared an excellent dish. Now, ah'm not such a bad cook myself, but ah always love to ta taste what other enthusiasts have prepared. What did you put in this salad of yours, hun?"[/colour]

hn8r1hV.jpg

[colour=#498995]"So, I've just come from Cloudsdale. Where are you two from?"[/colour]

It took Regal a moment to realize the cheerful Pegasus was in fact speaking to her. "[colour=#999999]Apologies if I seemed like I was ignoring you. I was just lost in thought. Where am I from? Oh Canterlot![/colour]" Regal answered a bit quickly, subconsciously trying to match the pace of the blue Pegasus and had to force herself to slow down after a moment. She hoped the other mares had not noticed. She felt like such a silly filly, all she had done since arriving here was make the hostess angry and stand by herself in a corner eating bon bons and sipping punch. Regal made up her mind in that moment that she was done hiding in the corner! She had not come here to lurk and feel ashamed. She had come here to socialize and meet other mares. Two of which she was now engaged in a conversation with. She politely cleared her throat before further replying to the red maned mare, "[colour=#999999]Cloudsdale must be simply beautiful, I've never been; being a unicorn and all, but I hear that is simply gorgous.[/colour]" She turned to smile at the grey Pegasus, "[colour=#999999]How about you,[/colour]" Regal asked politely, "[colour=#999999]Where do you hail from?[/colour]"

Immediately she felt a little bit better about Marecon. She was determined to have herself a good time and nopony or train would stop her! She stood up straighter, pushed her stray bangs from her face, and straightened her necklace with magic. It was time to mingle starting here with the pair of pegasi. She would leave this convention with new friends or she would not leave!

Carrot Top was so focused on Cherry that she didn't realize that two other mares approached her. She quickly realized so and greeted the ponies.

[colour=#ff8c00]"Oh hello there you two. I'm Carrot Top. Nice to meet you both as well. I made that carrot cake actually and brought it with me here. It was kind of easy as I'm a short trot away from here. So where are you two from? I remember seeing you here before, um, Tankena right?"[/colour]

Carrot then addressed the fellow gardening pony who seemed to be doing the same that the orange manned mare was working on.

[colour=#ff8c00]"Yeah same here. I've been checking on the carrots and making sure those rabbits don't sneak in and steal any like they did before." [/colour]

9QqAB3q.png?2

Laughing at Ice Storm’s mock disappointment of not finding a foosball table, Moondancer liked the suggestion to go ask the mare at the front desk first. Of course the con organizer would know everything about Spike’s whereabouts and what games to play! “Good thinking Icy,” the moon-flanked mare congratulated: “I actually met QuickLime on a train once, believe it or not. And get this... DJ Pon-3; yep, that DJ Pon-3, introduced me to her! I’ll have to tell you all about it someday!”

In little time, Moondancer found herself back at the front desk, and the green pegasus mare was still there. “Excuse me QuickLime!” the unicorn shouted, cantering to the very front of the front desk as she her excited eyes made direct contact with the other mare; “You don’t happen to know where I can find that little dragon fella I saw around here, do you? And oh, what sort of games have you got set up here? Anything like foosball or pinball or anything like that?”

L8tUHC2.png

Relieved that Whirlgig’s voice slowed down to an intelligible level, Derpy Hooves grinned as the other pegasus summoned another unknown unicorn to talk about where they all came from. It seemed like a sensible question to ask, so Derpy waited patiently as the other mentioned living in Canterlot.

Once the unicorn finished, Miss Hooves gave her answer in turn; “I was born in Cloudsdale, but I currently live right here in Ponyville working for the weather team.” Having revealed that final detail, the googly-eyed pegasus knew that needed to be followed up with another of the most rudimentary and common conversation topics. “Soooo uhhhh,” Derpy hesitated to ask at first, awkwardly playing around with a nervous foreleg in the process; “What do the two of you do?” Not much of an exciting question, but the blonde mare figured that if everypony always asks that question when meeting new ponies, why not her.....?

nfny92.jpg

That was the whole issue with Aloe. No matter who you were, no matter what happened, no matter how hard you tried... you just couldn't be upset with her. That is, of course, if we considered things from Lotus' perspective. Her sister seemed to be in quite a good mood today. It was somewhat understandable. She barely could remember when they had a chance to spend some time together herself.

[colour=#ff66ff]"[/colour][colour=#3399ff]W[/colour][colour=#ff66ff]ell if you're sleep is for beauty then you should be awake at all hours of the day. And please, I'd never leave you out of anything. Which is why I waited right here for you to get here. I couldn't possibly enjoy this fully without you here with me."[/colour]

The response was followed by a quick kiss on the cheek, a simple example of sisterly affection, which Lotus gladly accepted. [colour=#3399ff]"[/colour][colour=#ff66ff]T[/colour][colour=#3399ff]hat would explain why you're ALWAYS awake before I am! Well played sis', well played indeed."[/colour] - a nod and a frown implying defeat accompanied these words. In fact... something was amiss here. It took Lotus a short moment to connect certain events of the past with current situation. She took a precautionary, theatrical step backwards while throwing her sister a suspicious stare. [colour=#3399ff]"[/colour][colour=#ff66ff]Y[/colour][colour=#3399ff]ou're so sweet today that I fear you might be trying to pull something on me again!"[/colour] - this was said in jokingly manner of course, and whole scene's point was just to make them both laugh. What Lotus cheerfully did afterwards.

Aloe then proceeded with explaining who's attending the convention. In the very moment she heard the names, Lotus' eyes became as large as plates while her face expressed complete blankness. [colour=#3399ff]"[/colour][colour=#ff66ff]W[/colour][colour=#3399ff]ait... Did you... You've said that..."[/colour] - cerulean mare couldn't formulate a correct sentence. She gulped and tried once more - [colour=#3399ff]"[/colour][colour=#ff66ff]Y[/colour][colour=#3399ff]ou said... said... that convention is honored with... with... MISS RARITY'S PRESENCE!?"[/colour] - she nearly jumped after emphasizing her last words. Of course, the fact that Princesses were here was impressive as well. But let's face the facts, Lotus was an Earth Pony and it was a funny connection to the fact how she kept both her hooves on the ground. She knew Princesses were out there somewhere, she knew they were wonderful rulers and probably great ponies themselves. But at once, she never had a chance of meeting one, meanwhile Rarity was somepony she appreciated, since she probably was her favorite customer. [colour=#3399ff]"[/colour][colour=#ff66ff]O[/colour][colour=#3399ff]ooh it's been so long since I had a chance of chatting with her! Come on...!"[/colour] - Lotus passed her sister and turned back, grabbing Aloe's front hoof with both of her own and trying to walk backwards in order to pull her along - [colour=#3399ff]"[/colour][colour=#ff66ff]W[/colour][colour=#3399ff]e need to find her and say hello! Pleaaaaseee?"[/colour]

QuickLimebanner_zps69ea45fb.jpg

Lime was so thankful for Berry and her support, and she already had a thank you planned for both her and Spike whom was running like crazy! Seeing the late guest she waved her over "Come here dear and check in so we can get you on your way !" Judging by the cutie mark Lime already had the badge waiting for her.

Ofcourse then came the obnoxious entity from the train and Lime's ears pinned back a tiny bit "Games are in the other room, there is a Foosball and paddle ball table, and some cards and such..." She offered politely "You mean Spike?" Her eyes scanned the crowd "He's speaking to Cadence at the moment, did you need help with something?"

KalimeBanner_zps9384bde7.jpg

Kalime was LATE! She was so bad at time! But she had actually registered before hand and already had her badge pinned to her vest...The diamond dog hesitantly walked inside, before straightening her back, grinning as she strutted in with pride, paws on her hips as she looked around, her eyes big and a grin clear across her face.. "So many ponies! Kalime has never seen this many ponies before!"

She even spotted that familiar looking white pony! Her ears perked clean up and she was tempted to go over and say hi...but she looked busy so Kalime could wait and not be impatient ..However she couldn't help but wave at all the ponies

"HI PONIES! Kalime hopes we can all be friends!"

[colour=#dda0dd]Berry Punch[/colour]

Well, this was about all of the stalling Berry could do before getting truly set up...she gives QuickLime a small peck on the cheek as she addresses the green mare beside her.

" [colour=#ee82ee]Well, hun, I hate to leave you in the lurch, but if I don't get the punch stand up then we're going to have plenty of thirsty customers later.[/colour] " she says with a small chuckle.

"[colour=#ee82ee] of course, as I said when we talked about this, the only payment needed is the attention for the bar - everything I've brought is free today, even deluxe fruit an' berry punches[/colour][colour=#dda0dd]! [/colour]"

The mare gave QuickLime a playful wink as she tapped the green pony on the muzzle with a hoof. " [colour=#ee82ee]Don't you worry about a thing, I've worked it all out, so you have nothing to fear[/colour]!~ "

Berry made her way out from behind the stand, blowing a small kiss to QuickLime as she headed out to set things up...and that meant going to grab her supplies from their temporary storage before heading back this way again to establish the berry kart on a pre-arranged location that she'd discussed with QuickLime. She loved public events like this, and there was no way that there would be too many unhappily parched ponies present once she was all fully set up and ready to dispense some much required liquid fruity refreshment!

[colour=#800080]Vinyl Scratch[/colour]

Editing in

Ms. Harshwhinney stood motionless for what seemed to be an eternity. The 'rebuke' she had received from Princess Cadance stunned the orange Earth mare to silence. What a terrible first impression she had made during the early hours of this convention! How would she live this down? With all the remaining courage she could muster, the blonde middle aged mare bowed respectfully once more before the two Princesses.

[colour=#FF8C00]"I do humbly apologize, your majesties. I meant no offense to either of you, or this grand convention. Is there anything I can do for either of you to make up for my previous rudeness?"[/colour]

Meanwhile, Louise LaMare and Tankena seemed to be getting along well with Cherry Berry and Carrot Top.

[colour=#8B4513]"It's a pleasure to meet you both," [/colour]Louise said with a smile. [colour=#8B4513]"I'm a novelist living in Appleoosa now, wanted to live in a truly rustic frontier town that could give me more inspiration for my Pioneer times books, have you read any of them?"[/colour]

[colour=#8B4513][colour=#008000]"Da, Comrade Carrot Top! I am Tankena! My family and I are metalsmiths, but what I love to create the most is inventions! There is much snowy days in Stalliongrad, so it gives much time for thinking and planning! I was hoping to have my latest invention ready to show off to all these mares at convention, but it had problems."[/colour][/colour]

[colour=#8B4513][colour=#8B4513]"And what invention is that, Tankena?"[/colour][/colour]

[colour=#8B4513][colour=#008000]"I was working on new kind of carriage that could move without being pulled or hitched. My parents wanted me to give up after my first five prototypes exploded, but I told them.."[/colour][/colour]

[colour=#8B4513]"Exploded? Were you injured?"[/colour]

[colour=#008000]"Nyet! Just cuts and scrapes, no big deal. I did bring other inventions with me, do you comrades want to see them? None will explode, I promise!"[/colour]

The griffoness was not sure what to make of her old friend. “You’re not going to make any new friends if you just stand there a’gawking! You just need to get in there and be chatty like you normally are.", the blacksmith tried her best to figure out a cure for the Pegasus pony’s horrible case of the ‘shy’ bug. “This place is absolutely filled with friendly looking gals. Why not talk to one of your princess’?”, the blacksmith was starting to worry about the mare.

“The princess’? Heaven’s no!”, the red mare yelped, “As you can see, they’re spending time with each other. I wouldn’t even think about interrupting them.”

Zelda sighed, “Whatever. How about Ice Storm. You guys are friends, right?”

“We did already spend a good deal of time together at tea the other day. I’m sure she wishes to spend time with others.”, Fire responded back.

“How about Moon-butt pony? You two have something in common. You’re both routinely annoyed by Pocket Change.”, the griffon was trying her very best.

“Ehhh.”, the mare responded.

"How about the pretty white unicorn with the purple hair? She looks friendly enough.", Zelda continued to scan the large convention room.

"That's Lady Rarity. She's rather famous. Doubt she would want to be seen with a lowly guard.", the pony was now in full 'mope-mode'. This did not please the griffon.

"That's it! I'm pushing you into that crowd over there and if you don't have at least a dozen best friends by the end of the con, I am so not going to be happy!", she quickly nudged the mare into a small gathering of ponies who were curious to see what Harlequin Salad was before she made her way off into the opposite direction. As the griffon scooted off, she was muttering, “Thought I heard someone mention an ‘foosball table'! I'm sure in the mood to get my 'foos' on'!"

"Mares of Equestria, listen! I, Harlequin Salad, aspiring master of cuisine have prepared for you today culinary delights beyond your imagination! Any mare who wishes to be introduced to flavours of which they have never before dreamed, step forth and obtain from me a free sample of my craft, guaranteed to make your palates cry out in blissful delight!" the mare declared loudly and theatrically while doing a series of ludicrous poses. She hoped it would be enough to hook a few mares into coming her way.[/bg]

Like most of her family, Fire Walker was skilled in many useful abilities, but cooking was not one of them. Curious, the mare scooted into the crowd, while smiling politely at Cherry Jubilee and a few others as she got near.

Vinyl hadn't really gotten too far away from the desk when she came to the blatant realisation that something had been bothering her for the last 4 or 5 hours she'd been awake...it was a relatively small thing, and she felt a little ridiculous having not tended to it sooner than this...her stomach growling a little in response to her conscious acknowledgement of the situation. It was all well and good being a heavily in demand music manipulating maestro mare, but it didn't really do much good for her if she tried being one whilst fully aware that she hadn't eaten a solitary thing since breakfast...it was a bad habit she'd picked up from her regular night life activities in the clubs and striving to push herself to be the very best DJ in Canterlot, Manehattan and anyplace else she could.

" [colour=#800080]Ugh, could really go for somethin' to snack on right about now... [/colour]" the unicorn utters to herself, looking around to scan her surroundings carefully for any signs of places to eat, when something promising entered her zone of hearing....her ears perking up to hear it better, licking her muzzle at what she heard..

[colour=#ff0000]" Mares of Equestria, listen! I, Harlequin Salad, aspiring master of cuisine have prepared for you today culinary delights beyond your imagination! "[/colour]

Oh, this sounded like just what she needed - she could set up later, but right now was about the best time to go get herself a little feast of a late breakfast to keep her going for the rest of the day...whatever the mare had called out after the first sentance of advertising spiel had been lost on Vinyl as she cantered over to the table with her gear floating beside her. She tweaks her shades and regards the mare behind the table, the basket and goods in full display as she cleared her throat a little and opened her muzzle to address the mare in as casual a manner as her currently food-addled mind could muster.

" [colour=#800080]Yo, Miss Foodmare...[/colour] " she says, giving a quick grin of anticipation at the promise of delicious foods. " [colour=#800080]Got anythin' for a starvin' DJ? Much appreciated[/colour]! "

She had absolutely no idea what flavours and tastes awaited her from this mystery basket, but she couldn't wait to find out!

[colour=#000080]~~~Ice Storm~~~[/colour]

[colour=#000080]Following Moondancer after she had agreed that checking with the mare at the front desk would be the best way to figure out where everything was at, One thing she did noticed was the large amount of guests that ended up showing up. Luna and Cadence both were there and were conversing with each other at the moment, and she also spotted Rarity as well, whom appeared to about to be getting company as she noticed the spa twins heading towards her. She also noticed Fluttershy with her as well. She made a mental note to say high later, but right now she had some foosball revenge she needed to dish out.

When she heard Moon ask Quicklime about the Game Room and Spike, she turned her attention back to the both of them. She listed as the mare replied that the games were in the other room and there was indeed a foosball table there, as well as many other games. [/colour][colour=#0000ff]"Alright!"[/colour][colour=#000080] Ice said with a hoof raise. [/colour][colour=#0000ff]"You're going down this time Moony!!!"[/colour][colour=#000080] she said with a friendly competitive spirit. Quicklime then asked if they were needing help with anything since Spike was Speaking with Cadence at the moment. How did I not notice that when I looked over there? she thought to herself before shaking her head to the lime-green mare.[/colour][colour=#0000ff] "Nope, Moon was just wanting to bug him for a bit. That can wait though, at least until after our rematch,"[/colour][colour=#000080] she giggled.[/colour]

[colour=#ff66ff]~~~Aloe Blossom~~~[/colour]

[colour=#6699cc]"Who me?"[/colour][colour=#ff66ff] Aloe asked with a sarcastic gasp.[/colour][colour=#6699cc] "Whatever do you mean sister? You know I would never do anything like that to my own sister..."[/colour][colour=#ff66ff] she giggled obviously knowing what her sister was talking about. For once though, no. She actually didn't have any pranks planned for her today. After all, this was a convention and as she figured, there were way too many ponies here. Any prank could easily be set off by the wrong pony and she didn't want to upset anypony. Not to mention she never got enough time like this to just spend with her sister. [/colour][colour=#6699cc]"In all reality though, no. I don't have any pranks planned. For today at least,"[/colour][colour=#ff66ff] she giggled sticking her tongue out at Lotus. [/colour]

[colour=#ff66ff]Then when she mentioned Rarity's presence Lotus went ecstatic and began trying to pull her in a random direction to try to find her. She giggled again. [/colour][colour=#6699cc]"Silly Lotus, we don't need to find her, she's right there next to Fluttershy,"[/colour][colour=#ff66ff] she pointed out. However, in a brief absence of thought she used the hoof that wasn't already in the air being dragged by Lotus to do so and face planted straight into the ground. She quickly pushed herself up and began walking towards Rarity looking behind her. [/colour][colour=#6699cc]"That never happened..."[/colour][colour=#ff66ff] she told her sister with a sheepish smile. [/colour]

[colour=#6699cc]~~~Wind Dancer~~~[/colour]

[colour=#6699cc]Wind Dancer didn't have to wait too terribly long for the mare to get to the desk. In fact, she didn't have to wait at all as she was apparently there the entire time. She had just missed her. What? Am I going blind now too? she thought to herself looking out of each eye individually. Nope, I'm just that unobservant apparently, she sighed and smiled at the mare. [/colour][colour=#0000ff]"Sorry, I didn't originally see anypony at the table when I first got here... I guess I was just a bit excited to get inside. Oh and sorry I'm late.... I overslept..."[/colour][colour=#6699cc] she stated to the mare noticing she already had her badge ready. She grabbed it and made her way inside.[/colour]

[colour=#6699cc]She saw many ponies inside already, and it made her both happy and nervous at the same time. How friendly would most of them be? All conversation went to the wayside though when she heard of the game area. [/colour][colour=#0000ff]"I like games,"[/colour][colour=#6699cc] she said hearing foosball mentioned. She trotted over to the two unicorns that were by the entrance. [/colour][colour=#0000ff]"Um... excuse me... would it be alright if I joined you two for foosball?"[/colour][colour=#6699cc] she asked politely hoping that they were nice ponies. [/colour]

9QqAB3q.png?2

“Nope,” Moondancer quickly replied to QuickLime; “That’s all I needed to know! Thankies!!!” Satisfied, the young mare joined her companion Ice Storm on their trek towards the game section. Last time Moony and Icy played foosball, the former dominated that game even though she had holding back. The blue unicorn today possessed a competitive spirit however, and if that was any indication, she may have been possibly training for this very rematch.

Now knowing that she’d have to give it her all, Moondancer attempted to jokingly chime back; “You better hold your horses, Icy. There’s like, absolutely NO way in the world that you’d-” Right then, a bluish lavender pegasus dropped by and asked if she could join the two unicorns. “Well,” explained Moony in her typical joyful manner; “Foosball is a two-pony sport, but I’d be able to play a match with you. You wouldn’t mind Icy, right?” The moon-flanked mare hoped her friend wouldn’t be too disappointed with the delay, but Moondancer didn’t want to have a potential new friend slip through her hooves.....

**Fluttershy**

[colour=#ff4080] Fluttershy took the proffered badge from the tall, green mare. The other pegasus seemed to be as nervous as she was, stressed, or a combination of both, but she took a moment to reassure Fluttershy. "Oh, um, thank you!" Fluttershy responded, brightening a bit. She then added, "I'm sure you're right, so, um, don't worry too much, OK?"

Fluttershy stepped away from the desk to make room for the next pony in line. She took a moment to remove her hat and slip the lanyard and badge around her neck. Replacing wide-brimmed, gem adorned creation, she saw that Rarity had gotten ahead of her. With a squeak, Fluttershy ran back to the side of her unicorn friend. She was getting better at interacting with ponies... she really was! But in a large group like this, her natural inclination was to retreat to someplace or somepony familiar.

When Rarity started pointing out familiar ponies in the crowd, Fluttershy found herself breathing a bit easier. Her eyes went wide, however, when Rarity pointed out Princess Luna. Fluttershy quickly fought down her instinctual fear of the dark alicorn. Luna had never been anything but kind to her, but some small part of Fluttershy still saw Nightmare Moon... No, she told herself firmly, Luna was NOT Nightmare Moon, and she was a friend!

Turning back to Rarity, Fluttershy could see the excitement in the fashionista's eyes. But, being the friend that she was, Rarity took a moment to make sure that Fluttershy was OK.[/colour]

"Of course, we can hold off on the mingling at first if you're uncomfortable."

[colour=#ff4080]The pegasus took a deep breath, and stood up a bit straighter. She was determined to enjoy this, crowds or no, and the last thing she wanted to do was ruin Rarity's weekend, or make her loose out on business! "No, no, Rarity, Its... its fine," Fluttershy said. "Lets, um, 'mingle.'"[/colour]

**Topaz Tremor**

[colour=#ff8c00]Topaz found her muzzle being tilted up to meet the bespectacled eyes of the pegasus at the desk. To her surprise, the green mare was as tall as Topaz was! The pegasus was tall and lean, whereas Topaz was muscular, but regardless, it was not often that she was able to speak to somepony eye-to-eye.

Topaz took her badge from the pegasus, taking a quick note of the name shown on the mare's staff badge. "Thank you, Miss... QuickLime. I hope you are able to enjoy yourself as well. You will be rather busy, no doubt."

Topaz was rather taken aback by QuickLime's offer to share a room. "Well, thank you, but I, well..." she stammered, uncertain. But then she thought about it for a moment. Topaz really didn't know anypony in Ponyville very well. This could be an opportunity to at least get to know somepony. Topaz stood up straight, looking QuickLime in the eye. "You know, I think I would like that, Miss QuickLime. Though I hope that my presence won't interrupt your duties at the convention."[/colour]