(Ponyville, Everfree Forest) A Night In the Everfree (OOC applied please)

Razor sat on the bench, a scowl on his face. His sister Glimmer lay on his back, claws dangling over his head. She looked down at her brother with a frown.

[colour=#EE82EE]"Oh come on Razor. It's not that bad."[/colour] Glimmer said.

[colour=#FF0000]"Your right. It worse!"[/colour] Razor shouted before letting his head plop down onto the bench.

Glimmer sighed and looked at the bandged up wing, splits set to make sure the bones healed perfectly. Poor Razor had broken his wing, and he was making it seem like it was the end of the world. Frankly Glimmer was getting tired of it.

[colour=#EE82EE]"At least the doctors said you can still walk. So there is a silver lining." [/colour]Glimmer said with a smile.

[colour=#FF0000]"Im glad I can still walk, if i had to stay in another hospital bed for days while healing I'd go crazy." [/colour]Razor said, gripping his head as he remembered an event from his fledlinghood.

[colour=#EE82EE]"Yeah and we get to relax in this little town. The ponies are really nice and its close to where Wind lives!"[/colour] Glimmer said with a smile.

Razor rolled his eyes,[colour=#FF0000] "This place is boring. Plus the ponies keep looking at me, and the pegasi...they're mocking me I know it." [/colour]

Glimmer shook her head with a sigh, [colour=#EE82EE]"Now Razor that is just a load of fowl feathers."[/colour]

Razor looked up at his sister,[colour=#FF0000] "Maybe. And watch your language young lady." [/colour]

Glimmer giggled and snuggled her brother a bit, [colour=#EE82EE]"So what do you want to do?"[/colour]

Razor just sat there, [colour=#FF0000]"Lay here in my misery till me wing heals."[/colour]

Glimmer sighed and just lay on her brothers back in bordem. She really wished Wind was here.

"Aha!", a familiar voice cried out, "Hey Moon! I found them!"

Two ponies cantered into view. One was a black coated Pegasus stallion, and another was a blue filly, who like the male was also a winged pony. They both had small bags of candy hanging from their saddlebags. "Itoldyoutheywouldbehere!", the filly both of the griffons knew was named Wind Walker blurted out. "Fire told me Mister Razor hurt and his wing doing sumthin' and I told her he would be laying around feeling sorry for himself with a big sour look on his face!", she quickly scurried over to the elder griffon, "See! I was right for both times! Fire Walker owes me a bit!", she studied his wing for a moment before she bounded over to the younger griffon, "She said you two would be in Ponyville, and I thought it would be fun to visit you two and hang around, so my Big Bruder and I flew all the way from Canterlot. Oh..", she realized soemthing. "You've never met any of my bruders before. This is Moon Walker!"

The stallion gracefully bowed his head, "Little Windie told me all about you two, and how you faced down a mighty kraken. Very impressive! Heard even the legendary Sergeant Acclaim gave you all a helpful-hoof during all that. Hope you don't mind looking after the squirt. I won't be that far from here. There's a small theater I will be at...Forgot the name.", he glanced down at a small piece of paper which he held in his hoof, "We're going to be rehearsing for a little stage production.", he returned the paper back into his packs. "We did get some candy for you two.", he tossed a small bag marked 'SUGARCUBE CORNER' which fell directly into Glimmer's paws.

"Oh yeah!", the filly bounced, "We got all kinds of candies! And I also 'chatted' with some other kids who were waiting in line there and some said they wouldn't mind hanging around with us! Doesn't that sound like fun?" She grinned at Glimmer and glanced over her shoulder, "Oh! I think I see one now!"

AppleBloomATTEMPT3final.png

Apple Bloom had the energy of five lesser fillies most days by the sheer brilliance of her own blazing spirit, but the fires that propelled her were richly powered by the same fuel that everypony knew and loved: Candies! She wasn't a pig about it and she sometimes had a craving for just one more than she could find, but today was not like those days. Monthly allowance came in and her eyes were bigger than sauce plates as that one day a month when she could honestly just pig out and have a sugar rush like nopony's business. She had run off to the spot of choice for her to have her monthly allowance of insanity, Sugarcube Corner. She loved her friends and all but today was about her, some candy, and the inevitable blur of activity that'd follow. She knew it was bad for her but that knowledge didn't dissuade her. Nothing could. Candy. Candy!

So she had ran to Sugarcube Corner to unload her hard work's return so she could experience a brief thrill, and found that like always she had plenty of company. Those she knew and didn't know at all mixed together in the too-long line for Sugarcube Corner. It was as much a part of socializing for school-age ponies as the playground was at recess, even more so because everypony who showed up had the same delicious and not-at-all nutritious intent, and while she wouldn't build deep friendships over it she figured it was a solid enough basis to strike up some conversations about. So she had met a few new fillies and colts, nice pegasi included whom she had agreed to hang out with after she had gotten her well-deserved prizes. She had almost forgotten about that promise minutes later as she trailed out of Sugarcube Corner on a sugar rush with a saddle bag of treats riding her, but a riveting moment of clarity broke through the rush and she set course to the point they had specified.

When she finally came into view of two griffons and two pegasi, she was nearly bouncing. Nearly- tiny little jumps sent her flitting above the ground unnaturally. but such was the sugar rush.

[colour=#ff0000]"Howdy, everypony- and Griffon!" [/colour]She blasted out as she rounded into view.

• Like 1

207klk0.jpg

The first time Babs Seed visited Sugarfree Corner for its milkshakes, she remembered how she essentially terrorized her future CMC-pals into giving up their beverages. For her efforts back then, the goldenrod filly received a milkshake she considered mediocre at best compared to what they made in Manehattan shops. Funny then how today, her shake seemed to taste much better when in the joyful presence of her favorite cousin, Apple Bloom. Miss Seed had listened and read for years how friendship was amazing in any cheesy manner imaginable, but nopony ever claimed before that true love and friendship made food and drinks taste better.

Yet here Babs was at Sugarcube Corner drinking what she thought was possibly the best milkshake of her life, all the while swapping stories of their respective Cutie Mark Crusader branches. While there was much to catch up on, time needed to be spent creating new memories too... and Babs Seed only had a weekend to spare before heading off back to her home city.

The goldenrod filly however would have to share these newly-forged memories with someponies even Apple Bloom didn’t know, all because the little apple pony deemed it necessary to yap with everyone in sight while waiting in line. Worse yet, Apple Bloom was now in the throes of a sugar rush, leaving the out-of-town pony as the sole level-headed filly (for a kid anyway) as she found herself following her cousin towards the strangers off a ways. After remaining standing from Apple Bloom’s verbal barrage, an unsure shifty-eyed Babs quietly responded in turn; [colour=#daa520]“Uhhhh... hey?”[/colour]

It had been quite a bit of time since the filly last set hoof in Ponyville. And much like her previous visit, she was here for the delicious chocolate confections, sugary sweets, and things of the like found only at SugarCube Corner! The confectionary-styled building that resembled nothing so much as an large gingerbread house.

Dawn eagerly bounded inside the store, immediately greeted by the line of ponies. Who, like the filly, each wanted to receive a bit of candy. The wait time could have been worse, though, had it not been for her managing to become involved in a few basic conversations. All of which led Dawn and some newfound friends to agree to meet up later. And that's excatly what she did.

Upon reaching the front of the line, she hurriedly paid for a bag full of candies, dropped it in her saddle bag, and hightailed her way to the designated rendezvous point.

A large smile plastered on her face, she trotted to the other ponies and griffons, bubbling with excitement.

[colour=#F62817]"Hey everyone!!"[/colour]

Timid had been one of the throngs of little ponies that had gone to the Corner for sweets that day. He loved coming despite his timidity because he loved Pinkie Pie ever since those cookie shaped omelette things she made for him once. He got in, got his treats and rushed out as fast as his little legs could carry him with Boney following behind him, laughing.

He tailed Apple Bloom and the orangish filly he didn't know until they stopped beside a grouping of foals and adult griffon with an adult Pegasus to boot! He didn't know any of them besides Apple Bloom as he came to a stop, smiling. Waving a little foreleg, he called out cheerfully, "Howdy everypony and griffons!". Boney growled a bit at the adult griffon but otherwise wagged his tail before romping around the bench in excitement.

Razor blinked and looked at Wind. She seemed a bit….hyper? Far more excited than the few times he saw her before.

“Uh hi Wind. How you been?” He said, looking to her brother as she introduced him, “Hi. Names Razor.” He said to Moon Walker, extending a claw out.

“Windy!” Glimmer said and hopped off her brother and grabbed the Pegasus filly in a hug. She then noticed the bags and gasped, “Candy!”

Razor blinked and looked at the bag, “Sugarcube Corner huh? Well that explains why Wind is….a little hyper.” He said.

Glimmer ran to the bag and looked at the sugary substances with wide eyes. She reached for one, but got yanked back by her tail by Razor.

“Glimmer. You know how you get on sweets.” He said.

“But…but just one….pleaseeeee.” Glimmer looked up at her brother with puppy eyes, causing Razor to groan and try to look away.

“Not the face….alright.” He said with a sigh and let his sister go. He was pathetic, falling prey to his sisters wishes…..but….he just can’t say no when she gave him that look.

Razor looked back to Moon and listened as he explained what he was going to do and asking if he could watch Wind. Now, Razor had some reservations on watching kids, especially if they were going on a sugar binge but he really had nothing better to do.

“Uh, yeah sure I can watch her. I got nothing else to do.” He said. But when Wind said that other kids were going to arrive, he felt a cold shiver on his spine.

‘Uh oh….bad feeling.’ He thought, and looked over as some kids started to arrive. It was a stampede of fillies and colts! And almost all of them seemed to be on a sugar frenzy. This was not going to be a good day.

-----------------

"Howdy, everypony- and Griffon!"

Razor gave the filly with the big red bow on her head a wave. The bow reminded him of Glimmers, only Glimmer was wearing a purple bow and she was wearing a red one.

Glimmer looked up from the bag of candy, which she had had her head in as she devoured a number of pieces of candy, and gasped at what she saw. A BIG RED BOW!

“Eeeeh!” She squealed and flew over and landed beside the new filly, “Oh my gosh that bow is so cute! Oh my name is Glimmer, what’s yours?”

“Uhhhh... hey?”

Glimmer then noticed the other new filly that came with the bow wearing one and grabbed her hoof in a wild sugar powered shake, “Hi my name is Glimmer. Oh your mane looks so pretty!” She said swiftly, “Oh did you want some candy? We got lot of candy. That is my brother over there, with the broken wing. He is acting all, sour its silly.”

Razor rolled his eyes at his sister’s antics. She got a little nutty when she was on sweets. But that might just be natural for all kids. Still, he was glad that one kid in this group he was apparently going to watch was not on some sweet substance.

---------------------------------------------

"Hey everyone!!"

Another sugar monster, as Razor felt like putting it. He gave a small wave, and got off of the bench that he lounged on. He might have been shorter than normal griffons, and ponies, but he could take some comfort in knowing he was a bit bigger then these pipsqueaks.

Glimmer greeted the filly with a wild hoof, or claw, shake, being careful not to grip too hard. She knew that much at least. Still she could not contain her sugar excitement at meeting so many new friends. Oh what would they play?

“Hi there, I’m Glimmer. And that is my brother Razor.” She pointed to her brother.

--------------------

"Howdy everypony and griffons!".

Glimmer saw the colt and his doggy and gasped, “Oh my gosh you have a doggy. Aww he is so cute!” She immediately went over to the doggy and pet him, before turning to the colt.

“Hello, my name is Glimmer. Is this your doggy? He is so cute!” She immediately hugged the little doggy, and pet him.

Razor groaned. Dogs. He didn’t like dogs. Probably because he was part cat himself. Still, so long as the little mutt didn’t bother him he could deal with it. He gave the dog a glare when it growled at him.

“Yeah….I can do this….” He said to himself, though he had a feeling this was going to lead to a very unpleasant time.

‘So uh….what does one do when watching a group of kids?’ He thought. He knew how to keep Glimmer entertained, but a whole flock of kids? It was going to be a new experience.

Wind Walker had fallen head over hooves over the small candy store she had patronized with her brother. Not only did they sell prepackaged candies and sweets, the couple she met behind the counter also created their own assortment of brownies, cupcakes and other goodies, including something called an 'Goo Goo Cluster' which the small filly and her brother ended up buying a half dozen of, simply because the name was silly. While waiting, she introduced herself to an filly who was ahead of her in line. The young earth pony, whose name was 'Apple Bloom' was spending some quality time with her cousin who was visiting from the 'Big City'. While the mystery of how such a little pony could walk around upright while wearing such a large bow on her head came up, she wisely decided not to ask.

Moon Walker smiled as the griffon snatched up her bag of candy, "Windy told what kind of sweets you like. They didn't have any chocolate covered minnows, so we got you some gummy fish instead. Hope you didn't mind.", he glanced nervously at his watch before turning to the elder griffon, "And I really hope you don't mind looking after Windy. She can be a handful.", after making sure he had enough space, the Pegasus unfurled his wings and took to the sky, "If you need me, I'll be in the building across from Town Hall! Have fun Wind!". The filly waved as her brother disappeared into the sky while wondering why he didn't just hoof it down the street instead.

Along with Glimmer,Apple Bloom and her her cousin, there was another filly and a colt who had an....The filly let out a gasp. "A puppy!" The Pegasus scrambled over to the colt, "Such a cutie? Can I pet him?" If given permission to interact with the dog, the filly held out her front right hoof, so the dog could sniff it first. Once she was determined to be friendly, the filly gave the pup a good tummy rub, "Always wanted a dog, but with how things have been going on at the house lately, it's currently a big 'no'.", as she backed away from Boney, she spied a small section of woods from where she was at. "The Everfree Forest", she muttered to nopony in particular. She had heard stories about the large forest that bordered Ponyville. Particularly from a big book of 'scary stories' written by the famous children's horror story writer, Scaremane. After reading the book one stormy night, she spent the same evening huddled between her parents in their bedroom. Still, she was older now. Those stories had to been all made up, just like the story of the hook-hoofed stallion, or the headless horse. All silly stories to scare children. But she had to wonder..

"So guys...You ever visit the Everfree? Heard it's kind of spooky."

Guiding Light walked through town enjoying the fresh air. Part of him was content just staying in town and enjoying the day. The other part, however, longed to explore and go on an adventure. Most importantly he felt the need to prove himself to somepony other than his parents, to show that he could be more than what he assumed others thought of him as some obnoxious klutz with a lackluster talent.

He passed by a group of ponies and a griffon around his age, slowing up to listen in on the conversation. Some of them he knew from school while others were either new to town or just visitors. it was then that the yellow coloured colt heard a filly utter a question that brought a shiver to his spine.

"So guys...You ever visit the Everfree? Heard it's kind of spooky."

[colour=#daa520]"Did you just say you want to visit the Everfree Forest," [/colour]Light said walking towards the group but for the moment focused on the blue Pegasus, [colour=#daa520]"Trust me, you don't want to go in there. There's strange things like monsters and plants that don't need ponies to help grow and a big scary castle ruins in the middle of it all. At least that's what I heard." [/colour]

Although he didn't want to admit it, telling the others about sounded like the type of adventure he was looking for.

Apple Bloom bounced in place even as Glimmer approached, her energy output enough to clear a whole field had Applejack ever get the idea to put the filly's great abundance of energy to good use. Until then, she would hop and bop about. Glimmer seemed like a nice enough griffon, and heck, she even had a pretty bow too! They had to get Babs a bow too, whether she wanted to or not. They knew what was good for her, darnit, ad pretty bows were the cornerstone of any sensible good look. At least those were the thoughts pounding through Apple Bloom's skull as the sugar rush sent her mind atwitter, in a frenzy whose only saving grace was the fact it was caused by the most delicious treats in all of Equestrian history. Probably griffon history too, but she didn't know that well.

[colour=#ff0000]"AH really like yer bow too, Glimmer! It's really pretty. How many bows do ya got? Ah got a whole closet full of 'em! This here's mah Cousin Babs. She's a mighty nice and pretty filly, look at that mane! She's also super smart and even street smart, but she doesn't have a bow yet. Ah'm thinking we should get 'er one, because otherwise she'll be left out, won't ya Babs? Maybe Ah can get one of mah bows, but then Ah'd need ta take it before ya left for Manehattan. Ah really don't wantcha ta go, ya know?" [/colour]She started rambling, going from Glimmer to Babs in a heartbeat and giving her cousin a big'ol Apple hug. [colour=#ff0000]"Yer the best cousin ever!"[/colour]

After she spent several moments trying to destroy her cousin with the power of love and an inspired hug, her ears caught wind of Everfree woods talk. Her eyes lit up and she turned around to face the group.

[colour=#ff0000]"Ooh, Ah know all 'bout tha Everfree forest! Mah farm's bordered it since tha Apples first settled. It can be a scary place if ya don't know whatcher doin'. Thar's all sorts of crazy monsters and the weather is all natural, not a dose of pegasi or earth pony magic ta be found. Then you have poison joke, mah good pal Zecora, all sorts of scary things that happen and-" [/colour]She started bouncing again, [colour=#ff0000]"it's so much fun!"[/colour]

207klk0.jpg

As if things couldn’t get any more bothersome for Babs Seed, two other kids followed her and Apple Bloom on over to where they were. Just like with her cousin, the newcomers had also succumbed to sugar-induced hyperactivity. Apparently, the same was also true for a little griffon chick already waiting for the ponies, and she introduced herself as Glimmer. Taking one awkward look at the candy, Babs hesitantly shoved Glimmer’s candy away and replied back with a huge fake smile; [colour=#daa520]“Eh, glad you like my mane?”[/colour]

Not one to be left out, Apple Bloom came up and started talking about bows to Glimmer. Miss Seed wouldn’t have paid too much attention had her cousin proceeded to yammer about how she herself could use a bow. Uhhhhh... yeah; thanks but no thanks. Bows just didn’t suit Babs’s style one bit. The goldenrod filly tried to grimace, but a giant Apple family hug prevented it from occurring.[colour=#daa520] “Yeah,”[/colour] Babs unenthusiastically replied, awkwardly returning the hug; [colour=#daa520]“Yaw’re my fav cousin too.”[/colour]

[colour=#daa520]~I wonder what Valen would ‘dink if he had heard ‘dat?~[/colour]

Continuing the parade of annoyance, a blue pegasus filly suggested that everypony in the group should head into the Everfree Forest. Babs Seed knew enough that place from Apple Bloom’s letters to know that nopony should ever canter in there for fun. And yet here Apple Bloom was supporting the asinine idea of waltzing into that dangerous place. Babs wasn’t scared of that stupid forest... not one bit at all... but she desperately wanted to do something else too. [colour=#daa520]“Hey cuz,”[/colour] the filly attempted to slickly ask her cousin, fighting off the urge to fidget and let the others think she was even one little bit afraid; [colour=#daa520]“Didn’t yaw’ tell me earlier ‘dat we needed to meet up wid’ Scoots and Sweetie in a few minutes.....?”[/colour]

Dawn hadn't had time to do so much as make her presence known before a young griffon rushed up to her and shook her hoof wildly.

<<"Hi there, I’m Glimmer. And that is my brother Razor.">>

[colour=#F62817]<<"Oh, hi Glimmer. I'm Dawn Sun-">>[/colour]

<<""Oh my gosh you have a doggy. Aww he is so cute!>>

The cub runs off to pet and hug the dog of a young colt who just arrived.

[colour=#F62817]<<"-rise...Well she sure is energetic.">>[/colour]

Minutes passed as idle conversations went on. Glimmer bouncing around talking to everyone present, the filly with the large red bow yapping on in the midst of her sugar rush, and every other child chatting and having a good time. Up until one blue pegasus filly mentioned the Everfree Forest. Which, so happened to bring forth yet another child.

[colour=#F62817]<<"Yeah, uh, Glimmer and AppleBloom? I don't know much about the Everfree, but I've heard it's a pretty spooky place. Are you sure it'd be a good idea to go there?">>[/colour]

"Did you just say you want to visit the Everfree Forest," Light said walking towards the group but for the moment focused on the blue Pegasus, "Trust me, you don't want to go in there. There's strange things like monsters and plants that don't need ponies to help grow and a big scary castle ruins in the middle of it all. At least that's what I heard."

"No I didn't.", the filly rolled her eyes up as she studied the yellow coated colt, "I asked if any of you kids have ever been to the Everfree! Heard so many stories about it and was curious that's all.", she glanced over at the woods as she spoke, "Would be kind of cool to go exploring and considering some of you don't have your cutie marks yet, it would be an idea spot to get one. I could see a 'Monster-Mashing' or 'Ghost-Busting' cutie mark would be really neat to have. Not as neat as mine, but almost!", she glanced at her own mark, which was of a winged tornado. "So if you all don't wanna go and check out the super-cool forest, where else can we go and hang out? I've only been to Ponyville a couple of times, but I never got to really check this place out."

Wind Walker was a little worried. What else was there to do in Ponyville? They had already visited the candy store. The small movie theater was showing movies she had already seen, and the rest of the stores all looked kind of boring. She knew there was some sort of costume store nearby, but a pony could only be amused by silly costumes for a rather limited amount of time. Hopefully the locals will have some ideas.

Timid giggled and said to Wind Walker, "Go ahead, you can pet him. He won't bite.". He found himself in the spotlight for the moment as Glimmer approached and greeted him, inquiring if Boney was his. With a smile and light shiver of nervousness, the metallic gold unicorn nodded before responding cheerfully, "Yep! He's my doggy! I call him Boney! Timid Star is my name and pleased to meet you, Glimmer!"

At this point in time, Boney was in doggy heaven. His tail thumped a staccato rhythm in the grass as he was hugged and petted by these young creatures. He yipped and panted, extremely satisfied by all this attention, rolling onto his back. Paws in the air, he expected a belly rub from them.

Timid turned his attention to where Wind Walker was staring, hearing her ask if anyone had been to the Everfree Forest. He gulped and shivered as another colt arrived and one he knew as Guiding Light. He answered her and then he chimed in over the conversations, "I've been in there too... Got turned to stone for a bit by a cockatrice... Ask Haywire about it.".

Guiding Light couldn't help but feel like a silly foal when misinterpreting the filly's question. Casually he tried to redirect the conversation back to where it was.

[colour=#daa520]"Oh, I thought you said that you wanted to go in there. [/colour][colour=#daa520]Yeah, I've been to the Everfree Forest. Actually I got lost in it, but had I not wandered in there I wouldn't have got my cutie mark."[/colour]

With that Light looked proudly at the image of a lit lantern on his flank as he thought back to that scary yet in the end happy day.

[colour=#daa520]"As far as any monsters, I didn't see any, but I hear stories about strange things in there."[/colour]

"mum." Tawny felt they had been walking through Ponyville for hours, even though, they had only just arrived, and it had only been a minute. She had barely told him anything about the trip, just snippets of something about his father, his aunt, and... something about a griffon? He was used to feeling lost when it came to trying to understand his mother's rambling when she was completely and utterly focused on her work.

"Carry the two... fifty volts." The frizzy-maned pegasus had a pencil in her mouth and was somehow managing to write in an open notebook carried on her hoof while hovering above the ground with her wings. Her mutterings were just barely comprehensible with the pencil in her mouth.

"mum," Tawny tried again.

"Accounting for the average discharge of a cloud by the average force applied by a back-kick... hmm... too many variables."

"mum." Tawny suddenly cringed at the loudness of his voice and flushed slightly when a few ponies turned and stared at him.

His mother, Frizzy, suddenly noticed her son was trying to get her attention. "Yes, sweetie?"

"Are we there yet?" Tawny tried not to sound like he was whining, but it came out sounding like a whine, anyway.

"No," Frizzy said, returning to her notebook. Then, she looked up, noticing a few young fillies, colts, and a griffon with a broken wing. She beamed. "Yes!"

She put the notebook in a satchel and fluttered over to the group with Tawny dragging his hooves behind her. She frowned a little bit, noticing Wind Walker but not seeing Moon Walker, her husband. She seemed to consider this a second before smiling. She approached Wind Walker enthusiastically.

"Wind, sweetie, you're looking more and more grown-up each time I see you! I expect Moon-dear has already gone to the theater, then?"

Tawny didn't feel it was polite to interrupt his mother speaking to his young aunt, but he felt this was important. "Theater?"

"Oh!" Frizzy noticed Razor next, and she trotted towards him, taking one of his talons with her hoof and shaking vigorously. The initial contact brought a slight static shock, which was only enough to startle but not hurt. She giggled a bit at it. "So sorry. I work with lightning all day; it likes to cling." She beamed at the griffon. "Fire has been regaling my husband and I with your recent exploits. I hope your wing will get better soon. That must be dreadful; I can't possibly imagine it. Oh, I'm getting ahead of myself. I'm Frizzy, and this is my son, Tawny." She gestured to Tawny who had the most puzzled look on his face. He started to open his mouth to say something, but Frizzy once again plowed through.

"Moon-dear told me you wouldn't mind watching Tawny and Wind here while he went to rehearsal here in Ponyville. Although, I hope he did actually ask your permission instead of just assuming like he usually does. Oh, that husband of mine, he just can't say no to anything; he couldn't say no when the theater was in need of such an important part that nobody else wanted to fill. At least this time, he's doing something he actually LOVES doing. Tonight's date night, you see. But it wouldn't be the first time we've had to delay the actual dating part. I mean, how many times have I had to delay date night because of BALL lightning! Oh-ho-ho!" She cackled at the end.

Tawny face-hoofed. His mother had to be the most embarrassing mother in all of Equestria. He looked up from his hoof. Wait. What did she just say?

"Anyway, you all have fun. Take care. Tawny, be good!" She waved at Tawny.

Tawny's jaw dropped. "Wait. I'm not..."

Frizzy turned back to Razor. The smile on her face was gone and replaced with the kind of serious look that only a mother could give. "Incidentally, if anything should happen to my son or my darling little sister-in-law, there will be no end to the storm clouds I will place over your head." There was a slight narrowing of eyes.

Then, just as soon as the warning and seriousness took place, it disappeared. She beamed at Razor, waved, and flew off in the direction of the theater. Tawny only looked defeated. He was sure his mother would explain everything to him later, probably over dinner. He gave an exasperated sigh.

"Oh!" Frizzy noticed Razor next, and she trotted towards him, taking one of his talons with her hoof and shaking vigorously. The initial contact brought a slight static shock, which was only enough to startle but not hurt. She giggled a bit at it. "So sorry. I work with lightning all day; it likes to cling." She beamed at the griffon. "Fire has been regaling my husband and I with your recent exploits. I hope your wing will get better soon. That must be dreadful; I can't possibly imagine it. Oh, I'm getting ahead of myself. I'm Frizzy, and this is my son, Tawny." She gestured to Tawny who had the most puzzled look on his face. He started to open his mouth to say something, but Frizzy once again plowed through.

"Moon-dear told me you wouldn't mind watching Tawny and Wind here while he went to rehearsal here in Ponyville. Although, I hope he did actually ask your permission instead of just assuming like he usually does. Oh, that husband of mine, he just can't say no to anything; he couldn't say no when the theater was in need of such an important part that nobody else wanted to fill. At least this time, he's doing something he actually LOVES doing. Tonight's date night, you see. But it wouldn't be the first time we've had to delay the actual dating part. I mean, how many times have I had to delay date night because of BALL lightning! Oh-ho-ho!" She cackled at the end.

Razor was shocked, literally, when the mare shook his claw and he felt static shock surge up his limb.

"Yeouch." He said, taking his arm away.

He nodded, rubbing his claw, "Yeah....I'll watch him too. And uh yeah I think he did sort of assume I would watch him. But its cool."

Another kid to watch. Razor was sure this was going to be a busy day.

Frizzy turned back to Razor. The smile on her face was gone and replaced with the kind of serious look that only a mother could give. "Incidentally, if anything should happen to my son or my darling little sister-in-law, there will be no end to the storm clouds I will place over your head." There was a slight narrowing of eyes.

Then, just as soon as the warning and seriousness took place, it disappeared. She beamed at Razor, waved, and flew off in the direction of the theater. Tawny only looked defeated. He was sure his mother would explain everything to him later, probably over dinner. He gave an exasperated sigh.

Razor gulped. He was afraid of little, but he knew enough from his own mother...if a mum made a threat concerning the safety of her children....they usually always carried it out.

"Yeah...yeah....I'll keep em safe." He said quickly. He quickly scooped all the kids up close to him and gave a smile.

"See....Won't even leave my sight. They'll stick to me like glue. Hehehe." He said, sighing in relief when Frizzy was gone.

'Thank goodness.' He thought and he let the kids go.

Then he looked at them critically, "Alright then. Listen up. I'm gonna head this off at the pass before its too late and say. Nopony is going into that forest, while under my supervision."

"But Razor, I've never been in the Everfree!" Glimmer whined, "And Applebloom's been in there."

Razor shook his head, "No. That place is dangerous."

Glimmer's eyes watered, and she looked up at Razor, "but...but."

Razor looked away, "No...I'm not falling for it....not this time."

Glimmer frowned, but could see that her brother was not gonna fall for the look this time around. She reached into the bag and took out several pieces of candy and ate them.

"Alright." Glimmer said, her bow flat.

"Good....so....what do kids your age do for fun?" He asked. He never had to entertain kids...did he even have to? Maybe they did that themselves.

Glimmer then realized an idea. A crafty one, fueled by sugar. She rubbed her claws together, before turning to her brother with a big smile.

"Oh oh oh," She said, hopping up and down, "lets play Hide and Seek."

"Hide and seek?" Razor said.

"Yeah. You turn around," She turned her brother around and forced his head to a nearby tree, "and cover your eyes."

Razor blinked and covered his eyes with his claws, "Okay...."

"Then count to one hundred and come and find us. It will be fun." She said with a giggle.

Razor felt something was off, but since he had no other ideas of what to do he went along with this.

"Okay. One....two...three....four..." He started counting, eyes covered.

--------------------

Glimmer giggled and turned to her friends and whispered, "Okay quick while he counts lets go to the Everfree."

With that she took off ahead of everyone. Her sugar intake sending her flying towards the forest like a ball out of a cannon.

• 3 weeks later...

207klk0.jpg

For a moment, Babs Seed stopped paying attention to her cousin Apple Bloom to dodge a hug from the other griffon around, who apparently was Glimmer’s big brother or something like that. Uggggggh, who did this guy think he was, Miss Seed’s foalsitter? The goldenrod filly didn’t need any silly daycare, or hugs from some random adult she didn’t know at all; she just wanted to spend time with her favorite cousin, and that was it. Couldn’t Babs and Apple Bloom just go and find the other Cutie Mark Crusaders now?

Evidently, Glimmer wanted to go into that questionable Everfree Forest, but her elder brother wasn’t having any of it. They eventually settled on a game of hide and seek, but Glimmer treacherously whispered to her newfound companions her real intensions.[colour=#DAA520] “But didn’t he just say don’t-”[/colour] Babs harshly whispered, but of course, the hyperactive chick didn’t listen as she dashed off towards the Forest. After a moment to roll her eyes, the young earth pony made her decision to just stand put; maybe the other kids would play their hide & seek game, but Babs and her cousin had better things to do than prance into a stupid forest that everypony else says is a bad place to hang out in... right.....?

You know who had the right idea? Glimmer. Glimmer had the right idea. The best idea! See, hide and seek was a time-honored kid tradition, but more importantly, frustrating all your friends who were trying to find you over the course of the day was even better. She had a handy dandy list in her lil' Apple noggin of the top fifty places to hide just in Sweet Apple Acres, but today they were off the farm, off the script! It was a day where her sugar-addled brain seemed to explode with possibilities and ideas. At that time when the game started, Apple Bloom wasn't a filly at all- she was a spider; a spider at the center of a web- a hide and seek web with a thousand threads and she knew precisely how each and every single one of them danced. Well, maybe not. She wasn't that good at it at all, to be honest, usually being found pretty quick.

But because the Everfree was open to them, that made her options nearly limitlessly, beautifully limitless, wonderfully limitless! Glitter ran with all of her excited energy and Apple Bloom wasn't far behind at all. In a snap, a whiplash of movement and energy, she bounded into the Everfree as fast and furiously as her hooves could manage. She leapt over dead trucks, slithered into holes, jumped over puddles, sniffed some flowers, and paid no heed to the spiders and bugs that were all around her as her hooves still pounded the ground with almost excessive force, leaping over this, ducking under that, tripping there and bouncing back there. She ran without almost any direction, she just ran. Ran. Ran. Ran. She didn't feel her energy ebb at all, in fact with every step forward her adrenaline seemed to pump. By the time she stopped to consider her surroundings she had seemingly gone further than would have been considered possible before, and that thought made her happy.

Apple Bloom looked around. Nopony, and nopony was good pony. A sickly looking vine stretched from a nearby tree, dangling in position a few feet off the ground from the coverage above. Apple Bloom followed it intently, from where it ended to the dense coverage above all the way to it's snaking path into a tree. Now this, this was an awesome spot for her to hide. Nopony was around and it'd be far enough away that nopony would look up, and to boot it had a nice overwatch position whereby she could snicker at the others as they tried and failed to find her. And even if they did find her, she could always claim they had to actually come up there and find-find her to win, and they couldn't or wouldn't and would probably chicken out. The fact that it was obscenely dangerous and that was why nopony with a third of a working brain stem would go up there didn't occur to her, adrenaline and sugar effectively neutering any real higher brain process.

Apple Bloom rubbed her hooves together for good luck and jumped up, catching the vine and starting to pull herself slowly but surely. Inch by inch, foot by foot, she made her way across the length of the vine, pulsing through obstacles and cracking against dead air with all of the fool-hardy courage that only a filly could muster. After several dozen seconds she, with great effort, pulled herself onto a tree branch as she saw up close that the vine went through several branches that were simply too small for her to deal with. She wobbled, thinking for the first time that this had been a bad idea.

[colour=#ff0000]"Oh geez, oh geez, what the hay have I done..."[/colour] She whispered as she walked out against her fear, which screamed at her to move back closer to the tree trunk. Nope, nope, nope, nope. Instead she walked out, the branch getting thinner and thinner until she reached the end. By some manner of Everfree magic the branch wasn't bending too much, but she had no room for error. Any lack of balance or mistake could send her doubling thirty, maybe forty feet to the ground and it would be goodnight sweetheart for her in the middle of the Everfree. But she didn't plan on losing- she planned on winning, and her chance at victory hung before her. Birthed from the original vine was a smaller one that was maybe four feet from her. Easy jump most of the time, but she couldn't get a running start. No problem, she'd just have to be super Apple-tastic and do it anyway.

She reared back on her back haunches and with a small grunt tossed herself at the vine, catching it. Not taking a moment to gloat she pulled herself up some more, then pulled herself on the original vine and proceeded to pull herself into the hole that was her goal.

[colour=#ff0000]"Haha! Nopony'll find me here!" [/colour]She gloated, ignoring the rather sickening sounds from all around her in a dark, dark hole in a trunk fifty feet above the ground...

• Like 1

The little blue filly gave the pup a good tummy rub, "Such a good boy you are! Yes you are!", she slowly glanced up as she heard familiar voices. Wind Walker could never get used to the fact that she was an actual aunt several times over and that she had a niece that was as nearly as old as she. Her big brother Moon Walker managed to get himself 'hitched' at a rather young age, and a kid of his own followed shortly. "Oh hey Big-Sis, and hey Tawny!", she scampered back onto her hooves and made her way towards the two, "Yeah, Moon just left, and please.", she pleaded with her sister-in-law, "Don't be mean to Mister Razor, even if you're being funny. He hurt his wing helping Fire and her friends stop a great big monster. He's super-brave and really fast, not to mention really cute.", the last few words she whispered, "Not only is he super-cool, he's super-nice since he let me hang around with his sister and Apple...er..", she finally noticed there were more than a couple of pony-kids with them. She turned and waved at the older mare as she took off.

While trying to figure out what to do, the filly was caught off guard by the sudden round of 'hide'n'seek' that had started. Normally she would have rolled her eyes if asked to play a 'baby-game', but with the sudden disappearance by the young griffoness, the filly started to get a little worried. Was it true about the Everfree? Was it haunted? Was it filled with monsters? Or were those just a bunch of old mare's tales? While she had briefly considered going in and checking out the infamous forest as a group, she knew it would be pretty dangerous to go alone. As she pondered the situation, she was nearly knocked off her hooves when another pony rocketed into the dark woods like a 'bat out of Tartarus'.

While the blue pony entertained the idea of going after the two, she knew first-hoof what could happen if she wandered in after them alone. And it was not pretty. "Razor, we need to go and get them! If these woods are as bad as they say they are, I believe we need to get to your sister and Apple Bloom before some horrible monster does first! So what do you say? I'm sure Timid Star and his pup can help us!"

Tawny glanced at the dark, foreboding woods with feelings bordering on disbelief and apprehension. Why would anypony in their right mind want to go in there? And yet, there a few fillies dove in with nary a second thought. He had to admit that his young aunt's words were pretty reasonable, but he still didn't want to go in there. But what if Wind Walker told his dad that he was a complete chicken? He tried to keep himself from trembling when he vigorously nodded his head in agreement with Wind Walker.

Oh, please, oh please tell us we can stay here while you go look for them.

Without so much as a warning, Dawn was sucked into a hug with some of the other kids and their technical foal-sitter, Razor. Hugs were ok, hugs were nice, hugs were inviting, but coming from some stranger she met not even five minutes ago, it felt... different. It wasn't a major issue though, for it ended as quickly as it started.

And it was time for hide-and-seek!! What child wouldn't want to partake!? There were so many ponies to play with too!! The more the merrier, right? Well, Dawn sure thought so. The game had barely started before she was looking for the optimal hidey-hole.

But somepony, or more precisely, somegriffon, had decided this to be the perfect time to be a little rule breaking child.

<<"Okay quick while he counts lets go to the Everfree.">>

Glimmer ran off without looking back, completely ignoring her brother's instructions. Followed by the filly with a large red bow.

So that makes two. Two kids, both in the midst of their sugar rush, disobediently running off into the most potentially dangerous place in Equestria with out so much as a second thought. Dawn was a good filly though, she stayed put whilst searching for a good spot to hide.

But... She couldn't help but wonder what if something bad happened to Glimmer or Apple Bloom!? They're in the Everfree forest!! It's no playground for a child!! What if they get lost!? What if they get separated!? What if they get lost, separated, and injured!? With nopony to assist them!!

She didn't like this at all. Good thing the blue filly said something about it before Dawn ran off after them. She probably would have just gotten lost herself!! 

So, with the idea of a search party already out there, Dawn jumped on Razor's back. It was time for heroism!!

[colour=#F62817]<<"Who's ready for some searching and rescuing!!? We have two kids in the Everfree and we need to get them out!! So everypony stop what you're doing and let's go!!!">>[/colour]

With a gleam of adventurous spirit in her eye, the filly pointed a hoof towards the forest expecting for Razor to blaze a trail full speed ahead.

She herself was admittedly hyped up on sugar, but at least she had good intentions with all her energy. Just, the way it was turning out in reality was much more anticlimactic than what she originally envisioned...

Razor had a feeling something was off. And more so when the kids, at least the ones that didn't run pointed out his sisters deception. He snapped straight and looked back from where he had been counting, eyes wide and bloodshot slightly. He lifted the bench, two of the kids. His right eye twitched violently as it settled in.

"I'm...such an idiot." He said as he realized how easily he had been deceived.

He felt stupid...then angry. He growled low, as he looked towards the forest where his sister, and Applebloom it seems now. Two...two kids!!!!

"Ohhh.....when I get my claws around those two..." He snapped his beak with a snarl.

He felt something on his back and looked to see Dawn on him. He looked really hard at her, obviously not pleased at being used for a mount. He then looked at the other kids with a glare.

"You are all coming with me! I'm not going to go off for those two to come back and find more missing kids." He said, "Now lets move. The sooner I find those two, the better."

He marched them all towards the woods, not really listening to reason or argument right now. His sister was in danger, and had lied to him. He was a combination of worry and anger and was also a griffon. Not a good combination.

When they all got to the woods he removed Dawn from his back and turned to the kids, "Stay close. No running off. No noise." He ordered. He turned and walked into the woods, making sure the kids were with him.

-----------------------------------------------------

The sound of something coming close to Appleblooms hiding place could be heard, and suddenly out popped Glimmer. She had an excited look in her eyes.

"Applebloom. Come see what I found!" She said as she pulled the filly out and flew them down to the ground. She then ran off some through the woods till arriving to an old stone ruin. It looked like a big house or tower of some sort.

"A haunted mansion!!!" She proclaimed in awe, "I wonder if ghosts live in there."

207klk0.jpg

Out of the corner of her eye, Babs Seed just managed to catch her galloping cousin Apple Bloom vanishing into the overgrown depths in the Everfree Forest. This was very bad indeed; Babs and Abby were supposed to spend the day together with their close friends, and not in a Celestia-forsaken wood. Without even bothering to alert that useless adult griffon first, the goldenrod filly took off after her dear cousin; [colour=#daa520]“Apple Bloom! Apple Bloom, wait up!!!”[/colour]

Before she knew it, Babs Seed found herself within the dank Everfree Forest too. At least back in the alleyways of Manehattan, you could still see the sky up above. In here, it didn’t seem like sunlight could penetrate through at all. And the trees... the old trees appeared as if they were ganging up on the poor little earth pony, trying to box her in and prevent her escape. And then there was the undergrowth too, making sure that escape for Miss Seed was as difficult as possible. And of course, the filly couldn’t recall the direction out of the forest.

Not even the menace of schoolyard bullies could prepare Babs for the terror that was the Everfree, but escape was not the scared filly’s plan. She would press onwards and continue tracking down her cousin, no matter how lost she gets. Babs would show this dumb forest who’s the boss! [colour=#daa520]“Cuz, where are yah’!?”[/colour] she shouted some more; [colour=#DAA520]“Cuuuuz!!!!???"[/colour]

[colour=#DAA520]"CUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”[/colour]

• Like 1

Guiding Light only turned around for a moment to see that there were several of his classmates gone! At first he thought they went home or somewhere else, but then seeing everypony looking out into the woods, he knew that they went into there. He knew that he had to help find them. After all they were his fellow classmates.

Light then heard the adult griffon named Razor tell the other kids that he intended to find Apple Bloom and Glimmer.

[colour=#daa520]"The Everfree Forest is dark, even in the daylight," [/colour]he said to the griffon, [colour=#daa520]"I can use my light magic to help us see in the dark."[/colour]

To prove his use to the party, the yellow colt's horn glowed and a ball of glowing yellow light emerged and hovered a foot above him, illuminating the entryway of the woods.