[Manehattan] A Play for the Zonga and Moto (Fire Walker and Swift Squall)

Ciraxis

He was dreaming. It always started the same way, with a raging inferno that obscured anything else.

For years Squall was haunted by this flames from his dreamscape. They always were a prelude for a memory of his greatest failure - the one that replayed in his mind each night, again and again. The guilt gnawed at his spirit even at a day...but nights were much, much worse.

But for a half year already, a blaze stopped being only a herald of forthcoming nightmare. During this six months Swift started experiencing another much more pleasing vision. And the trepidation was replaced with anticipation. Which dream he will see this time?

Sparks and embers were dancing before him, and just as he started to fear that they will move aside to show familiar flashback of burning savanna - they started to change shape. The flames swirled faster and faster and suddenly the fire took a shape of...Her.

Indeed she was just as her namesake. A beautiful combination of various shades of red. Her coat, her tail, her mane, her wings, her lips and her eyes. Especially the eyes.

Unicorn was ready to bet his entire fortune, that there were no gems that sparked in more splendid way then this two wondrous crimson irises in all of Equestria...Nay, In the whole world!

Now they were standing on the flowery hill with a single cherry tree growing on the top. They rays of sunlight that pierced trough tree branches and shined on her, only accentuated the fact how ideal in his eyes she were. Curvy and soft but not pump. Athletic yet not bulky. She...she was just right!

Fire smiled and Squall extended his legs to hug her. And just, just before he could embrace her....

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

The annoying ring of the alarm cloak brought Swift Squall back to the reality. He groaned and turned it off with his telekinesis. He always woke up in that very moment and he despised it with burning passion. Still...he preferred that to springing up covered in sweat like he often did. Swordstallion opened his eyes to see ceiling above himself. It wasn't his house but sight was familiar nevertheless. Because while it wasn't Squallcoast Manor it was his room....a room in the house within with he spent his foalhood.

Noble turned in the bed to see cloak face. Five at the morning...still four hours before...before what actually?

He shook his head to rid himself off the drowsiness. Gears inside started spinning again and he remembered.

Four hours to her arrival! It was today. Only four hours before she will be at the Manehattan train station!

He jumped out of the bed and rushed to the bathroom to refresh himself. Squall waited very long for this day...he swore to make this day as perfect for her as possible.

Unicorn walked under the shower and turned the water on. The cologne, coiffure, clothing.

Swift didn't took much care to this own appearance. For him it was enough to be comfortable and clean enough, he forgot to shave often as well.

But he knew that wasn't a case with her. Squall never did seen Fire Walker without clothing. She even blushed when she got her Cutie Mark involuntarily exposed. Swordstallion couldn't understand that - he himself would walk without any garment if not for his disturbing scars on the back. Couldn't understand but respected. Must be one of this 'Canterlot things'.

As he stood under the shower, Swift started to wonder how mare had spent her night...

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The mare of Swift Squall's dreams slowly awoke from her slumber. As she pushed the covers from her face the Pegasus known as Fire Walker slowly pieced together the events of the previous day. She had spent the better part of the morning and afternoon at the Royal Equestrian Army, or for her case, the Air Force's headquarters where she and a few other of her fellow officers helped train some of the rawest recruits she had ever laid her eyes upon. While she considered herself a rather poor flyer, compared to these sad sacks, she might as well been Rainbow Dash or Fleetfoot. Thankfully, while only two of the recruits were sent home due to F.T.A, and only one actually managed to bang himself up during flight-training, it had all been good training. Once they were finished at base, the officers spent the rest of the night in the small local jazz club, the 'Ponyland'. After an relaxing night at the club, she managed to find her way home, where she climbed out her clothing and into her bed.

As she slowly rubbed her eyes with the back of one her fetlocks, the mare spied a ticket on her dresser. That was it! She was supposed to be meeting her beau, a rather influential and wealthy unicorn stallion named Swift Squall, or 'Sir Swift' as she liked to call him. She never bothered to ask if he was in fact a real knight, but liked the way it sounded. The two had planned on spending some drama free time together in Manehattan, catching the sights, attending a show and doing whatever tourists were supposed to do. She also hoped to finally get some proper 'smoochie time' with the stallion. For all his bluster and bravery, he was pretty shy when it came to the whole expressing his feelings and whatnot to her. She hoped there would be some progress made in that part of their relationship. But for the moment, she needed to get ready!

After crawling out of bed, the mare made her way into the dining room, where several of her family was enjoying breakfast together. Her elder brother and her little sister were discussing plans for their trip to Ponyville. Moon Walker had intended on taking the little filly over to the small farming community to hang around with her good friend Glimmer and her brother, while the dark haired stallion was going to rehearse with a small theater group he had been working with over the past few months. Her younger brothers were quickly finishing whatever homework they had failed to take care of during the previous night while her parents quietly read the morning's paper. After enjoying a hearty bowl of oatmeal with brown sugar and perfect cup of coffee, the Pegasus pony cantered back to her room and into her bathroom where she slipped out of her pajamas and into a steamy hot shower. After 6 1/2 minutes of pure bliss and cleanliness, she toweled off, fixed up her hair, and threw on some proper clothing for the trip. Once her bags were packed, she threw them on a small cart and after saying her farewells to her assorted family members, she made her way to the train station.

After hoofing over her tickets, the mare boarded the train and found a seat near a window and waited for the train to start up. Once she heard the final call for boarding and moments later, the sound of the engines starting, she pulled a book from her small carry-on bag and for the rest of her trip, she lost herself in the magical world of Celocherynethet.

After walking from the shower Swift didn't even bothered to use a towel, he figured out that any water on him will dry out during his morning exercise.

Unicorn was proven right and by the time he finished both his coat and mane were dry if a little messed up. It mattered little since Squall planned to visit barber anyway.

Quick glance at the clock. Three hours twenty three minutes. He better hurry up...

But there was a problem with his wardrobe...or rather problem with choosing what to put on his back to greet Fire. It didn't mattered anyway since both of them will need to change before a premiere. Swordstallion bit his lip....he didn't had time to waste on things like this! Finally he decided to wear light green trench coat. But there was another thing.

His glasses - the were ones that he wore at all times. For Swift shades are a means to avoid showing his emotions - his friends knew that and respected that. In return when among the jolly band Squall wore sunglasses that were half transparent, to allow those dear to him to read him easier.

Yet right now Swift Squall felt that today this what not enough....and he prepared for this.

He studied a plain glasses that he bought some time ago. Noble found out that they would be a nice compromise between his habit and the feeling that he owned Fire some honesty. So he decided to use these, even if just for show and his comfort.

Without further he pulled them on. It was....strange, feeling the bridge on his muzzle but not experiencing the familiar jade tint that came with seeing through the lenses.

Unicorn faced the mirror...he looked a little more...scholar-ish? Intelligent? Whatever, it was good enough for him.

Swift fought withe a temptation to take his scabbard and sword, but ultimately left them behind.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

He forgot how huge his Parents place was and how many stairs it was, which proved that he needed to visit more often. But right now neither mum or Dad were at place - they at Las Pegasus right now, relaxing and using the life. Squall it was his Father doing, to not meet Fire until Swift himself will be ready to introduce her. Truth or not, stallion was grateful to his Old Pony for this. As he walked past estate staff he nodded and smiled when he heard "Young Master" coming for the familiar faces. It was good to see all off them again. Blue Droplet, Yew Root, Bubbly Breeze...the list had gone long, but he remembered all of them. Only a 'new' employees said nothing - they were not working here long enough to remember him. [colour=green]"But that will change. I will come more often. Hopefully...not alone."[/colour] he though but his mind inevitably turned back towards incoming rendez-vous.

When he left they were still three hours before Fire arrival.

Fire Walker was so wrapped up in her novel that she nearly missed the train’s beverage seller as she pushed her cart through the narrow corridors of the train.

“Care for a cup of cocoa?”, the friendly unicorn mare offered as she stopped near the guard’s cabin.

“Oh yes..Thank you.”, the red Pegasus accepted a small mug, which the server magically transported from her cart to a cup-holder which was attached to Fire’s chair. She quickly paid the girl and in mere seconds, she was back to her novel. Apparently Archduke Darkhoof was scheming to get rid of the rather young and ambitious ruler of Celocherynethet, the Princess Heartsaver. The evil Archduke had already ponynapped her twin brother and forced him to wear a mask of iron to hide his true identity and had joined forces with the dark wizard Noheart and together they would unleash the cloud demon Arabus who would conquer the kingdoms of the clouds while an creature they created called the 'Smooze' would devour the good kingdom of the Earth Ponies leaving Heartsaver without her allies and thus would be easy picking for the legions of undead that Noheart would send against her kingdom. The dark Archduke would then charge in to 'save' the day and thus win the hearts and minds of those who lived in Celocherynethet who would demand he rule in the princess' place as king.

Unfortunately for Darkhoof, the Pegasus ponies were able to stop Arabus who in fear of his life betrayed the Archduke by revealing where the prince was kept. Once he was freed, he united both the Pegasus and Earth pony kingdoms who with the help of the Night-Wizard Shoggoth destroyed the horrible sludge monster. However the wizard's true intentions were about to be revealed when the train let out its last whistle. She was in Manehattan!

The red pony placed the book into her saddlebags as she slowly got up from her seat and slowly followed the others out of the train and into the station...

When Swift trotted out from coiffeur it was still almost two hours before train showing up. Squall was very pleased with a manestyle he got. Unicorn wasn't exactly accustomed with his mane being set loose, but somehow the griffon barber made it work!

[colour=green]"Huh...it seems I miscalculated. A slow walk will get me there in time then..."[/colour] he commented. But suddenly a loud "MY BAG! Pickpocket!" interrupted this self speech.

[colour=green]"Or maybe not."[/colour] he sighted before running to the voice owner.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

"Thank you Mister...Squallcoast, wasn't it?" Earth Pony colonel asked earning a nod from the Swift. Meanwhile officer subordinates were taking recently cough thief into custody. A small vacation behind the bars will certainly do him much good. "This guy was a real pain in our rumps. Really nimble on his hooves and a real talent in finding large crows to disappear in."

[colour=green]"Indeed nimble he is. It took a fourth of the city length before I managed to pin him down...Oh I sorry, I really don't have much time to chat. Somepony waiting for me."[/colour]

"It's fine. We ourselves will bring him where we have to and hit a lunch..."

[colour=green]"Right have a nic.....Wait. Lunch? What hour it is?"[/colour] Squall asked with terrible suspicion in his voice.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

What Swift planned as a casual stroll turned into frantic race against the clock. If that would be a Fillydelphia unicorn would take a drosky and be done with it. But it was Manehattan, and Big Apple was really infamous for it's traffic jams. And so it happened that rush hour was at hoof right now! His acrobatic prowess made navigating between stuck carts easier, but right Squall would give half of his fortune for a pair of wings - if only for a moment.

Yet somehow he managed to score a victory over passage of time. Out of breath, Squall arrived at the train station entrance - that his mane was still kept in mostly the same shape it was, when he left coiffeur was nothing short of wonder.

Quick glance at the clock that governed over the station told him that there was still twenty minutes before Swift would see her. And then he realized that he didn't bough Fire any gift. Dagnabbit! Luckily through next to the train station was a flowery...

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

When Fire managed to break through cloud of steam that enveloped the station, she found out unicorn already waiting for her. Swordstallion put everything in his appearance back into order and regained his composure and one couldn't tell that he galloped half a marathon distance less then half a hour ago...at first. But most importantly Swift was holding HUGE bouquet of flowers. Each of them was different shade of red, different kind...but all were looking pretty and tasty at the same time.

[colour=green]"Hello Fire. Are you tired? Because you were running through my mind for a whole week."[/colour] Squall asked, smiling and unable to take his eyes from her.

The mare slowly made her way towards the side of the train where they were unloading baggage. She collected a large suitcase with wheels, but could not find her other one, the important one! "I'm supposed to have two suitcases. This one and a smaller rectangle one marked with an upside down horseshoe and my tag.", she patiently and politely asked one of the attendants who started to hoof through a small notebook that he carried, "Oh dear, sorry Miss Walker. Looks like that package went onto another train. We can have it shipped to the address you gave us.", he tried to put on a helpful smile.

"Cripes, that had the dress I was going to wear to to the show tonight!", she let out a sigh as she threw her carryon bag onto the wheeled luggage and slowly pushed it away from the train. She hoped Swift Squall didn't mind a quick detour to the shopping district. The dress was perfect! It was the right colour, size and it looked pretty darn good on her to boot! She averted her eyes as she made her way through a cloud of smoke only to catch sight of Swift Squall and a rather impressive bouquet of flowers. "Sir Swift!", she called out as she cantered towards him with her cart.

Once away from the train and in the safety of the station, she let her cart go for a moment before giving the stallion a hug, "Flowers! All very lovely. Can't say the same about your little line.", she chuckled playfully at the pony, "I technically could have you arrested for possession and transporting of a very old and very bad pickup like, but I'll let you off with just a warning for now.", she gave him a kiss on the cheek. The mare was wearing her usual military style dress. A blue dress coat adorned with a small grouping of badges and her silver bar that marked her as a first lieutenant of the Royal Equestrian Army. A conservative blue skirt and matching horseshoes finished the ensemble. Her nearly braided mane fit nicely under a small blue hat which was also marked with the logo of the R.E.A.

She backed away to get a good look at the stallion, "Sometimes I forget how terribly handsome you really are, and seeing you like this.", she let out a sigh, "I like this.", she politely decided to not to notice that it was obvious he had rushed here and the flowers, which still had their tags were a last minute idea. "You're going to hate me for this, but before we do anything, I'm going to need to get my tail over to the nearest 'Haycey's' or 'Cant & Amble'. They managed to put my other bag on another train. That bag had the dress I was planning on wearing for the show tonight! I promise I won't take too long.", she added with a wink.

[colour=green]"Oh...it was that bad? But I don't mind being arrested...by you. Would you be jailor as well? Because if you will, then I may go on the crime spree."[/colour] stallion teased Fire back. He had no idea why, but around her he found himself more relaxed didn't minded doing a fool of himself.

[colour=green]"Why would I do that? If there is a somepony that deserves my hatred, it is that nincompoop that lost your luggage."[/colour]

"I'm going to need to get my tail over to the nearest 'Haycey's' or 'Cant & Amble'. They managed to put my other bag on another train. That bag had the dress I was planning on wearing for the show tonight! I promise I won't take too long.", she added with a wink.

Oh sweet Celestia... Fire was just too cute. And charming and...and...She was just overall YES! Yes enough to make him blush. But Swifty didn't lost his composure. Although to be honest that smooch almost melted him. He suspected that she was his Kryptonite Factor. Best Kryptonite Factor ever.

[colour=green]"First. today is not 'I' but 'We'. I don't mind going with you at all. And 'Haycey's'? 'Cant & Amble'? What is that? Pffft."[/colour] Squall snorted [colour=green]"You know what I think about clothing overall but if you want to buy something that is at the same time elegant, pretty, stylish and near indestructible, then you have to visit 'Knobbuckle Finest'. Follow me."[/colour] he took her baggage like a gentlecolt should and leaded both of them out of the station.

[colour=green]"By the way...I didn't really properly thanked you for that help with a kraken ten days ago. I mean...[/colour] Swift bit his lip not sure if he wanted to continue. But if there was a pony that deserved to hear that, it was Fire.

[colour=green]"I know I was reckless ...but that reminded me about other such situation I was in the past. You know...when I was 'there'. It....it wasn't as obvious danger as the sea beast but..."[/colour] he suddenly stopped, almost making Fire bump into him. [colour=green]"During final skirmish with a mercenaries I made a poor decision. That decision...destroyed a zebra tribe settlement. Nopony was hurt but....everything else was burned to the ground. The burning houses, the burning ground, the burning sky. I remember as if it was today. And he still did not care, just mocked my horrible judgment. Yet he was right...it was all my fault. I should never be leader of militia in the first place."[/colour] he said with great bitterness in his voice. But soon he shook his head and turned around.

[colour=green]"I am sorry. I didn't meant to mope so much. I just wished for somepony to hear this. No one but me knows...not even Pa and Ma...and...and...<Sight> I am such a mood killer. Let's proceed."[/colour] unicorn pulled himself together and started to drag baggage again.[colour=green]"Heh...You must think I am pathetic."[/colour]

"Eh.", the mare shrugged her shoulders, "I'm not mad at whoever messed up my luggage. We all make mistakes. I'm just happy they didn't misplace this bag as well.", she smiled as the stallion took her luggage, "Why thank you Sir Swift!", she gave him a wink before she glanced up at the tall buildings as they continued to canter on, "I can go without the pretty dress, but I wouldn't last very long without my essentials! Now Manehattan! I've sort of been here before, but not really got to experience the 'Big Apple' as much as I would have preferred.", a smile formed on her muzzle as she glanced up and around, "When I used to play for the R.E.A's hoof-ball team, they didn't give us any free-time for sight-seeing. We arrived for the game, suited up, warmed up and got to kicking the flanks of the rather sorry little team they had here. Was a nice break after going against Cloudsdale."

She nodded cheerfully as the stallion spoke, but lost the smile as he got into his past, "Hey, like the baggage-ponies, we all make mistakes. Heck, I'm happy you never met me when I was young. Well, high-school young. I was not a pleasant pony. Not at all.", she shook her head, "I was always angry and did whatever I could to hurt my parents and loved ones. I was so sickly and weak when I was a foal, so I devoted myself into getting myself into shape, and when I did that, I was not very nice to those weaker and smaller than me. I assumed that since I was able to rise above my weaknesses, there was no reason they couldn't either. So I just pitied them. I was a punk and a bully and I surrounded myself with the same. Thank Celestia for the Royal Equestrian Army. I had some of the best teachers around, and they taught me some life lessons I'd never forgot. And you're not.", she stopped at looked him right in the eyes, "Pathetic. Not one bit. To be honest with you, after hearing what you said, I now feel I can tell you anything! As for the Kraken, I'm just happy we were able to stop it before it hurt itself or others. Your quick thinking really saved the day!"

She glanced up at yet another building, this one was marked with an impressive sign that read 'Knobbuckle Finest'. "Odd name for a clothing store. Almost sounds like an brewery.", considering the stallion was pushing her cart, she decided to help him with the door and was modestly surprised when the door opened itself for the both of them. Magic!

[colour=green]"....Thank you, Fire."[/colour] said Squall, clearly moved by her words. If it was somepony different Swift wasn't sure if he would believe him or her. But Fire was one of the few ponies who unicorn trusted without question - and that's before taking his feelings for her into an account.

"To be honest with you, after hearing what you said, I now feel I can tell you anything"

[colour=green]"I....I feel the same way. That memory...I kept it within myself for so long...but now that I told you this, the burden grown...smaller."[/colour] Squall took a deep breath. Indeed by telling her one of his secrets the guilt that gnawed at him lessened. But swordstallion knew that one day he will return to zebra lands and confront his mistakes once more. Yet he also knew that he will not be alone in this journey.

[colour=green]"You...were sick when young? I see....the hardships made you bitter. But..."[/colour] Swift paused [colour=green]"You changed for the better. And grew up beautifully."[/colour] normally that would be a flattery but unicorn really believed what he said. Of course Squall didn't needed to say anything. The glances he gave her spoke for him.

[colour=green]"You...a bully who despised her family. Hard to imagine. I once read a work by a certain philosopher that theorized that no one is evil or cruel by birth or choice - only circumstances. That unfortunate sould just forgot how to be good. I like to believe this theory....even if him wasn't such pony. Gray Condottier that is. He was...is...exception proves the rule I think. But let's not speak about him, just remembering that ******* makes me upset."[/colour] he sighted.

[colour=green]"You played hoofball? So much like you Fire. I myself never was into team games. Even when I was at REA training didn't really had time for this. I was part of that 'Smart Soldier' program - I am sure you remember. That was how I got PhD in Classical Literature. Even if they were external studies. With time divided between army routine and sitting before the books at evenings. That was....straining. I was still underage back then...but I choose to participate in case something would go wrong."[/colour]

"As for the Kraken, I'm just happy we were able to stop it before it hurt itself or others. Your quick thinking really saved the day!"

[colour=green]"Stop it. Aquelian got hurt back then and...I just did what was right. Any just pony would do the same."[/colour]

When they approached the store, Fire comment about the sign made him smirk a little.

[colour=green]"Just don't tell Ms. Knobbuckle this. She can be quite....snarky for a tailor. And an old age gave her a tongue more sharp then six dozens of swords. Don't give her the opening. Mares first."[/colour] he said when the doors opened.

When they entered the first that demanded attention was intense smell of the mint. That and really elegant garments that were displayed on mannequins.

[colour=green]"Good morning Mrs. Knobbuckle."[/colour] said Swift seemingly to nopony particular. And suddenly at their side was an eldery unicorn mare. A gray mane worn into the bun, with a knitting needles that poked out of it. A simple jacket with some strange harness that housed immeasurable number of needles and other tailoring tools. But most striking of all was piercing gaze of the blue eyes that indicated the great intelligence that hid behind them.

"Ahhh....Young Master Squallcoast. It was quite a while since you been here yourself. What do you need this time? Another dozen of trench coats? Not that I mind, a dependable source of income is always appreciated."

[colour=green]"Not this time Mrs. Knobbuckle. I come for an evening dress. Or three."[/colour]

"What? You suddenly into cross-dressing? Ahhh, I see, I see. You brought a red dove in need of feathers. Yes, yes I can help you with that. Now, come with me Young Lady. I sure I there is more then enough options for you to choose from, but I need to take your measurements first. Behind the screen." unicorn lady said, almost dragging Fire behind her.

"You...were sick when young? I see....the hardships made you bitter. But..." Swift paused "You changed for the better. And grew up beautifully." normally that would be a flattery but unicorn really believed what he said. Of course Squall didn't needed to say anything. The glances he gave her spoke for him.

"I was born far too soon and not only was I severely underweight, I had a severe case of angular limb deformity, which the doctors were able to treat, but the first few years of my life were not at all pleasant.", the mare nearly whispered as they walked, "Was told even the simple act of walking caused me a good deal of pain, said it was like I was walking on fire. During most of my foal-hood, my parents treated me like a ragdoll. Like a sudden gust of wind would hurt me. Then as I got older, my father was encouraged to switch gears and do whatever it took to get me into proper shape for the R.E.A. If I wasn't in school or sleeping, I was training. Didn't have time for kids stuff, or even friends. It was rough, and I hated my parents for it. Did all kinds of horrible things to get 'back' at them. Thankfully I outgrew all that and became what I am today."

A small smile formed on her snout, "And you're a hero. You might not admit it, nor do you have the cape or tights to prove it, but you showed everyone on that beach that day what a spectacular stallion you were by charging into the fray, saving lives and take care of the rampaging monster. Heck, even my little sister likes you now. She won't admit it, but I overheard her talking to her little colt-friend the next day, telling him how he needs to 'suck in his chest and be more like Sir Swift Squall'!"

"What? You suddenly into cross-dressing? Ahhh, I see, I see. You brought a red dove in need of feathers. Yes, yes I can help you with that. Now, come with me Young Lady. I sure I there is more then enough options for you to choose from, but I need to take your measurements first. Behind the screen." unicorn lady said, almost dragging Fire behind her.

"Um.", Fire Walker gasped as she took a good look at the building they were walking into. Unlike Hacey's cheerfully decorated brownstone or the garishly colourful 'Cant & Amble', this ancient building looked more like a dark wizard's lair or prison. "Oh dear.", the generally brave mare was now feeling a bit aghast, but she had faith in Swift Squall and that he knew what he was doing and he obviously knew where all the hidden jewels that lay in the great city. Her fears continue to hover over her head as she met the rather formidable Mrs. Knobbuckle. "Yeee.", she could only make out as she was 'escorted' behind the small changing wall.

Thankfully, the unicorn was unable to see what was going on behind the wall, but he could at least hear what was happening...

"Hey! Why do I need to be naked for a simple sizing?", she yelped.

"I must have nothing to get in my way before a proper measurement!", the elder mare replied back rather sternly, "Very good shape you are in! Could you lift up back leg?"

"What? No! Waaaagh!", the mare was not having a very good time. Thankfully it was over quickly. Mrs. Knobbuckle's assorted measuring tapes floated behind her as she walked out from behind the wall, "Go ahead and put your clothes on for now Miss.", the unicorn winked at the stallion, "You are a very lucky pony. She is very pretty! Very good shape! Excellent hips! I wish more ponies would wear clothing like she does. I would do much better in business!", she quickly made her way towards several rows of clothing.

A few moments, an even redder Fire Walker made her way from behind the wall. "That was an experience I would not like to repeat. Ever...", she watched as the pony used her magic to find a suitable dress for the younger mare.

"I do consider myself to be rather conservative when it comes to clothing, but I do hope she doesn't make me look like my grandmother."

While Swift couldn't see anything, he was able to imagine. While unicorn did not had not any experience in regard of....mare clothing he did a lot of self educating. That and other thing. Because of this the whole 'exchange' between two ladies made Squall blush a little.

"You are a very lucky pony. She is very pretty! Very good shape! Excellent hips!"

[colour=green]"Oh yes, I know. Without a doubt."[/colour] swordstallion replayed without thinking. Only after the second Swift realized what words left his lips. Unicorn quickly put one of his hooves into a mouth, but he still became red as a peony. The naughty images that formed in his mind seemed to taunt him.

And events didn't turned any better with reappearance of crimson mare. Squall was so embarrassed that he did not noticed her at first.

[colour=green]"W-whaaa! Fire!"[/colour] he panicked a little, convinced that mare heard what everything he said to Mrs. Knobbuckle [colour=green]"I I didn't meant to say it such a way. Your 'others' are pretty too....Meeeep!"[/colour] Squall was so confounded that he didn't realized that Fire was as embarrassed as himself. But she probably dealt with that better. After all Mrs. Lieutenant had some experience with such 'things'.

"I do consider myself to be rather conservative when it comes to clothing, but I do hope she doesn't make me look like my grandmother."

[colour=green]"You too smooth to be considered anypony grandma from any angl...Arggggh!"[/colour] he almost jumped upwards, when once again his tongue was faster then his thinking. That's it! Squall was now sure that he really should wear sunglasses today. That enchanting, red eyes of hers were turning his brain into goo.

"Little more quite there. Youngsters this days! Having problems with such simple things. When I was younger we just used to say 'Yes' or 'No' and then have fun till the morning, when we weren't able to move anymore." Mrs. Knobbuckle reappeared behind two blushing ponies - dragging a mobile hanger behind herself. On it were several different evening dresses, in various shades and styles. But they all were the same size and were undeniable pretty.

"Wait, why did you put your clothes back? You need to try these before you do. Back behind the screen!" elder tailor ordered. It was obvious that Mrs. Knobbuckle was just messing with younger mare and stallion and had a lot of fun with that. Upon seeing a little terrified expression on pegasus face tailor sighted. "Yes, you can go on your own. Just choose some from these hanging here. Try them and show us how they fit you. Shoo, shoo!" she chivvied Fire.

"My others?", the very crimson coated mare tried her best to put on the most serious of expressions, but failed miserably as she burst into laugher, "You'll have to point out what your favori...hey!", she was so into the little blushing contest with the stallion, that she did not realize she was being dragged back behind the dressing screen. "I appreciate the help Mrs. Knobbuckle, but I can dress by myself. Ooh.", she glanced at the small rack of clothing, "Hey Sir Swift. I'll try some of these on, and show 'em off to you.", considering there were so many interesting styles to choose from, she decided to reach into the mobile hanger and pull out something by random and see how it looked on her. "Just give me a second. This one's a bit interesting.."

The first dress was something she was surprised to see in such an store. It was a interlocking black mini-skirt made of a mixture of both cotton and 'Pony-Dex'. The mare was not sure what to make of it. "I admit, this doesn't look half bad on me.", she modeled the dress for both the mirror and the stallion, "Thank Celestia I spent time in Cloudsdale getting back into shape. Doubt this would have fit me before then.", she pondered for a brief moment, "I don't think I could sit down in this. Next!". Once Swift Squall managed to get a good look, she retreated back behind the scrim. A few moments later, she cantered out from behind the wall.

The dress was poofy. Very poofy. The legs were poofy. The neckline was poofy. The embellishment was poofy. Everything about it was one poofy-train wreck, "Ehhhh.", she did not like this one bit. "Yeah. This an't gonna happen! Next!", she grumbled as she retreated back into the safety of the wall. The next half-hour both Mrs. Knobbuckle and Swift Squall were treated to a show of outfits from clothing that looked more like costumes, "Why would anypony want to dress up like that big statue you all have in the harbor?" to something she would never get caught dead in, "Seriously? Why is pink such a popular colour? I hate it!"

After a few more moments, the stallion heard what would best be described as a 'squeak'.

"This is it!", she bounced out from behind the wall gleefully, "Perfect! It just flows off me. It's very comfortable! It's long,but I won't be tripping over it when I walk, and I like the colour! What do you think?", she fluttered her eyelashes at the stallion, "Oh, and it was actually made for a Pegasus. Bonus!", she turned her attention back to the elder mare, "I'll take this. It's going to be perfect for the show... and that first one. That will be for a-another day."

"My others?", the very crimson coated mare tried her best to put on the most serious of expressions, but failed miserably as she burst into laugher, "You'll have to point out what your favori...hey!"

[colour=green]"Thanks Celestia for that."[/colour] unicorn thanked in his mind. Because Squall wasn't sure if he would be able to choose. Especially since swordstallion didn't had occasion to see all of her parts yet...[colour=green]"Nooo! Begone! Naughty, naughty thoughts!"[/colour]

"Hey Sir Swift. I'll try some of these on, and show 'em off to you.", considering there were so many interesting styles to choose from, she decided to reach into the mobile hanger and pull out something by random and see how it looked on her. "Just give me a second. This one's a bit interesting.."

[colour=green]"Ahh...yes, sure."[/colour] he agreed. The shopping with somepony was completely new experience to him. Swift wasn't sure if his opinion about mare's clothing would be valid one but for the sake of Fire good mood he had to try!

It was a interlocking black mini-skirt made of a mixture of both cotton and 'Pony-Dex'. The mare was not sure what to make of it. "I admit, this doesn't look half bad on me.", she modeled the dress for both the mirror and the stallion, "Thank Celestia I spent time in Cloudsdale getting back into shape. Doubt this would have fit me before then."

[colour=green]"...Actually this dress suits you well. Your colour shame are all darker tones of red so it harmonizes nicely. And it makes you look..."[/colour] Squall rubbed his chin while searching for appropriate term [colour=green]"Dangerous. Yes, dangerous. But in good way, a bold one."[/colour] unicorn evaluated. [colour=green]"But you right. It's not garment for such occasion."[/colour]

"Well well surprisingly insightful for you Mr. Squallcoast. Are you sure you feeling well?" asked Mrs. Knobbuckle in ratty tone. Swift decided to ignore her. In snark to snark clash he had no chances of winning.

The poofy dress was met only with disapproving head shakes from both of them.

Swordstallion eyebrows rose up after hearing the sound of rapture. He liked that sound. It was irresistibly cute, Swift was looking forward too hear it more.

And then he was left slack-jawed.

"Pick up your mouth sonny. Yes she looks good but thats no reason to play bushymouth catfish."

"Perfect! It just flows off me. It's very comfortable! It's long,but I won't be tripping over it when I walk, and I like the colour! What do you think?", she fluttered her eyelashes at the stallion

[colour=green]"You The dress. Both. Gourgerous."[/colour] Swift said entranced by Fire appearance. That it after he picked up his jaw. [colour=green]"How do you do it Fire? You are pretty in such many ways..."[/colour]

"I'll take this. It's going to be perfect for the show... and that first one. That will be for a-another day."

Swordstallion shook his head and interrupted.

[colour=green]"I am paying. And no 'But's."[/colour] he added, knowing that Fire would protest. [colour=green]"Treat as the birthday gift from last year. But you have to tell me when yours is anyway."[/colour] he said as he moved to the conter. Pegasus mare couldn't see precisely how much Swift has paid, but on the bill were apparently four numbers.

"I looking forward to next visit Mr. Squallcoast. You too Young Lady. I can suggest pretty good names when you will need them."

[colour=green]"Errr...yes. Goodbye Mrs. Knobbuckle"[/colour] he replayed and both younger ponies made their exit. Hastily.

[colour=green]"She surely is something, isn't it?"[/colour] Squall said when they were outside. [colour=green]"Can't decide should you actually like her or stay the Tartarus length away from. Don't you agree?"[/colour] noble asked while waved at the coming drosky. Squall opened the door for Fire, before taking the seat opposite to her.

[colour=green]"August 11"[/colour] he said. Upon noticing her puzzled expression he added [colour=green]"When you will try to return the favour, that would be the day. Father said that was a stormy one - that's where the 'Squall' part comes from. It's the tradition you see, from my mother side. She too was born at similar night. Lake Lily Avenue please."[/colour] he asked and the vehicle moved forward. Luckily, it appeared it was past the rush hour already so the travel too Swift patents house had no impediments.

"...Actually this dress suits you well. Your colour shame are all darker tones of red so it harmonizes nicely. And it makes you look..." Squall rubbed his chin while searching for appropriate term "Dangerous. Yes, dangerous. But in good way, a bold one." unicorn evaluated. "But you right. It's not garment for such occasion."

"This dress was made for dancing. Not sitting around, that's for sure.", she glanced at herself in the mirror as she tried out a few dance steps, "Oh...", the redness returned, "It's also meant to be worn over something. Do me a favour and turn your head for a moment.", once the stallion averted his eyes, she retreated to the safety of the scrim.

"She surely is something, isn't it?" Squall said when they were outside. "Can't decide should you actually like her or stay the Tartarus length away from. Don't you agree?" noble asked while waved at the coming drosky. Squall opened the door for Fire, before taking the seat opposite to her.

"August 11" he said. Upon noticing her puzzled expression he added "When you will try to return the favour, that would be the day. Father said that was a stormy one - that's where the 'Squall' part comes from. It's the tradition you see, from my mother side. She too was born at similar night. Lake Lily Avenue please." he asked and the vehicle moved forward. Luckily, it appeared it was past the rush hour already so the travel too Swift patents house had no impediments.

The mare obviously wanted to object to such kindness, but also did not want to insult the stallion, which combined for her love of getting free things kept her quiet for the moment. "You do know I'm really going to have to repay you. Might not be in bits or treasures, but something even better!", she added a wink before thanking Mrs. Knobbuckle and leaving the building, "Well, she was an interesting mare, that's for sure.", once they boarded the wagon, the mare, now back to wearing her military dress scooted back into the chair, "Sadly enough, my birthday is a day after Hearth's Warming Eve. So I get the whole 'Here's a gift for both your birthday and Hearth's!' I HATED to hear that when I was growing up. Still, technically do. And speaking of holidays, we do need to spend a few of them together this year.", the red Pegasus slid off her hat as she spoke, "During last year's Hearths, Windy got to perform in the school's pageant. She played 'Private Pansy' and I gotta tell you she was not one happy pony! Her little friend, er, you met him before..Fuzzy brown kid. Sweet and very shy. Fast Track, they actually let him play Commander Hurricane!"

[colour=green]"While you may despise your birth date I am not surprised that you come to this world when you did."[/colour] Swift said [colour=green]"Because in the end you turned out to be a present for many. For your family, army, friends and...I grateful too."[/colour] Squall looked at her and slid a little closer to her.

"And speaking of holidays, we do need to spend a few of them together this year."

[colour=green]"Yes...we definitely should."[/colour] unicorn moved even closer. Through the lenses of his glasses, he was looking straight at her eyes right now. He could count the hair in Fire's fringe. [colour=green]"Squallcaost Manor...is a cozy place. But sometimes a little...too empty, too big. I have problems hiring staff. Bubble scares them away. It would be nice...if you..and others would come."[/colour] He put his right front hoof on mare's front left.

"During last year's Hearths, Windy got to perform in the school's pageant. She played 'Private Pansy' and I gotta tell you she was not one happy pony! Her little friend, er, you met him before..Fuzzy brown kid. Sweet and very shy. Fast Track, they actually let him play Commander Hurricane!"

[colour=green]"I can...see wisdom in this. They were...forced to play against character."[/colour] now he could smell the perfume she used. It was a nice flowery scent.

[colour=green]"And in...performing as such characters...they can learn too see other sides...and ways to resolve the problems."[/colour] so close. And just...just before he could kiss her.

"We arrived!" yelled the carter. The mood was broken instantly. Squall jumped back at his seat, startled by the unexpected voice.[colour=green]"Dagnabbit!"[/colour] swordstallion cursed in his mind.

[colour=green]"Err...yes."[/colour] he murmured aloud, blushing and left the vehicle. Swordstallion held the drosky door for the mare, and after she was standing next to him took her baggage as well. Squall didn't bothered with saying farewell too transport ponies, being a little aggrieved by their interruption.

[colour=green]"Well...this is my parents...and until I run off mine as well house."[/colour] unicorn waved at impressive mansion. Besides the breath taking size the villa did not had much in common with Swift Squall residence. While Squallcoast Manor were in colours of bronze and dark greens, the building before them looked as if some mad painter splashed the building with brightest colours he could find. Without any pattern or logic it seemed.

[colour=green]"A little erratic huh? Mother always was fan of this 'modern art' thing. It's one of the few things about which I don't agree with her. Oh, by the way, my parents aren't here right now. They spending some quality time in Las Pegasus. Dad always have such much company and newspaper. Let's go."[/colour] without further delay Squall started to climb the stairs.

Once they exited the carriage, Fire Walker thanked the helpful ponies who pulled their cart before turning to see a rather unique building that now stood before her. She could not cover up her look of surprise upon seeing Swift Squall's parents place. "Er. Wow. It's really different. Really. Different. Have a feeling if somepony tried this on my block back in Canterlot, they'd have an angry mob breaking down their doors with a cans of neutral colour paint. But I guess I can see where you get your natural tendency not to stick with the crowd and forge ahead when you know there's something to be done from. Like at the beach, while most stood there just thinking of what to do, you got an idea and you followed it through. Most likely saving lives and keeping property damage down to a bare minimal."

She followed the stallion as he made his way up the stairs, "Your parents are fan of Las Pegasus too? My folks must visit that place every other month, and with the looming shadows of retirement starting to fall upon them, I believe they intend on moving there once Earth, Wind and Johnnie graduate from secondary school and join the R.E.A. They even plan on selling the old family house."

"But I guess I can see where you get your natural tendency not to stick with the crowd and forge ahead when you know there's something to be done from. Like at the beach, while most stood there just thinking of what to do, you got an idea and you followed it through. Most likely saving lives and keeping property damage down to a bare minimal."

Swift Squall shook his head upon this statement. [colour=green]"I was on last legs back then as you know, so it was a desperation. If there is a pony who deserves the thanks it would by Candy Catch-em who showed the trick to me in the first place. I did not ever knew if it would work on something that big. It was a gamble and...."[/colour] unicorn said in diffident tone, but shut up when Fire gave him a strange look [colour=green]"I do such thing twice a month an average. It's nothing special...really..."[/colour] Swift added, almost apologetic.

She followed the stallion as he made his way up the stairs, "Your parents are fan of Las Pegasus too?."

[colour=green]"Well...not really. One would think that Dad have to travel a lot, but in reality he does most of the stuff with hired agents and lawyers. But now that you mention it they seem to travel there a lot in short time."[/colour] swordstallion said rubbing his chin [colour=green]"Well I guess it's their business"[/colour] he shrugged.

Just as he was ready to open the mansion gate-like door, the entrance opened for them.

[colour=green]"....I tend to forgot how it is, living with a house staff. Don't be surprised."[/colour] Squall warned as they entered.

What greeted the two was a two dozen of pony maids. All of mares in traditional uniforms. And bowing to them.

[colour=green]"While she may be quite progressive with art and decor my mum is a little errr... traditional when it comes to house staff. But don't judge her too hard. Before she married dad, Mother used to be one of impoverished gentry. Not that she knew that her future husband was rich. Anyway...I show you my room...and yours as well that is."[/colour] unicorn explained. On the way they meet about a battalion of other servants. Cooks, butlers, some gardeners and of course more maids.

[colour=green]"My parents actually don't need as much staff to keep the mansion running. About one third of those are only temporary, recovering from loosing their career breaking or in desperate need of any job. Dad helps them and many decide too stay....well and he don't have heart to dismiss them. Not to mention the generous salary."[/colour] Swift continued to be informative as he led Fire through the halls. The insides of the building were as bright as the outside, but much more orderly and without aggressive colours. There were also lot's of pieces of art. If not the occasional glance of beds and wardrobes through open doors one could think that house was a museum.

[colour=green]"This is my place. Mares first."[/colour] noble said opening door for Fire. The huge room couldn't be more different then other parts of the villa. But at the same time it seemed strangely familiar. Indeed the furniture seemed taken straight from Squall own house. The dark and calming colours and style straight from four centuries earlier. And books. Lot's and lots of books. On the few empty spaces not taken by bookshelves were displayed pieces of exotic weaponry. The big bed of his was just beside the window.

[colour=green]"Nothing special. Those blades are not actually mine. They belonged to my grandfather from mother side."[/colour] he told her as he lifted the No-dachi that was hanging from the wall, to show the mare.

What greeted the two was a two dozen of pony maids. All of mares in traditional uniforms. And bowing to them.

The mare was not surprised to see that many staff on hoof, after all, she knew from experience that it usually took more than a few ponies to keep an estate this size looking as organized as it appeared to be. But the whole bowing thing caused the young pony to raise one of her eyebrows. As the maids left the room, Fire Walker chuckled to herself, "Almost reminds me of a song I used to hear.", she cleared her throat and sung the next few lines, "And the storybook comes to a close-gone are the ribbons and bows-things to remember places to go-pretty maids all in a row.", she did have a rather lovely signing voice. She assumed this was not a normal thing, but they were simply showing their dedication to Swift Squall and his family while in the company of a guest.

"You'll have to see in the place In Canterlot. It's big, but considering the amount of siblings I have, the rooms were usually filled.", she added as they walked along. "We generally have a small staff of professionals that keep the place tidy. Usually pop over once a week, but they don't live there. The rest of us usually keep up with the basic stuff when we can. I do like the art you have.", she glanced around at the assortment of paintings, "We just have portraits, so you get a lot of dead family members staring back at you. Lots of old and very stern Pegasi in armor or paintings of ancient battles. The few that don't have family are generally ones that go into great detail about the whole 'Two Sisters' war. While nearly all of my ancestors fought on the side of Princess Celestia, we did have one in our family who was in love with one of Luna's guard and joined her side. His name was lost, mostly because my ancestors simply covered up his hand and portraits after the war is disgust and never spoke of him again. Tragic really.", she shook her head sadly as she studied one of the older portraits in the room they were at, "Such a different world it was back then. And Princess Luna. I actually served at her side not that long ago. Just being with her takes my breath away. So beautiful, so elegant, but so sad as well."

Anyway...I show you my room...and yours as well that is." unicorn explained. On the way they meet about a battalion of other servants. Cooks, butlers, some gardeners and of course more maids.

"Oh.", she quickly assumed he meant that he was going to show off his room, and then he would follow with the room that she would be staying in. Not that it matters, but she knew she was going to have to take this relationship a little slower than the previous ones. Swift Squall was different from the others, so for the moment she'll have to go all 'Tippy-Hooves' with this. She tried her best not to blush, but it was obvious her coat was starting to redden up a bit. Thankfully there were swords. He was going to show off his sword. "Oh. That is nice! A bit on the lon...", she shook her head, "I mean, er..Impressive! I read somewhere that unicorns during the 'Sisters War' actually used their magic to create weapons out of gems or other small objects. They would use their telekinesis to form a sword-like object out of the multiple objects which could cut into anything, and separate at command. Since it tended to be rather brutal to send dozens of sharp objects into your foe, this practice was discontinued after the war."

Swift Squall nodded upon Fire's mention of Sister's War.

[colour=green]"My ancestors too fought in the conflict....but the very much can be said by many ponies of our country. At least I can say that I am direct descendant of the Corolla the Lightedge....or Blue Corolla as she was really named."[/colour] Squall mentioned the famous heroine from that same war.

[colour=green]"And indeed it was different. Sometimes I wonder what kind of ponies our ancestors were? Equestria was much rougher place after the war...then and even earlier. There is a tale....that my family - from mother side that is - that Princess Platinum is our ancestor. I don't believe this myself...nobility always liked to brag about how 'ancient' their bloodlines are and such..."[/colour] he shrugged with clear distaste on his face [colour=green]"It's good to be proud of your progenitors...but aristocracy tend to forgot it's what you become what's important, not who you are born. Now that you told me about your...past problems I can say you are prime example Fire"[/colour] unicorn nodded at the red mare.

She tried her best not to blush, but it was obvious her coat was starting to redden up a bit. Thankfully there were swords. He was going to show off his sword. "Oh. That is nice! A bit on the lon...", she shook her head, "I mean, er..Impressive!"

Squall looked at her puzzled, before the gears in his head started to move. Fire saw that Swift tried to keep straight face but ultimately he failed...and burt into loud laughter.

And it wasn't swordstallion usual reserved cackle or quite giggle. No, right now for the very first time she could see a hearty merriment of his. Probably the biggest crack in his mask of cool stoicism with deadpan flavour since he known him. The only other time Squall gave such vibe were his attacks of shyness on the beach.

[colour=green]"Eheh...ehehehe....sweet Celestia."[/colour] he pulled out his glasses while wiping joyful tears with his fetlocks [colour=green]"I really...ahahah...should told this differently, don't you think? This turned out...ehehe...awkward."[/colour] noble putted his glasses on put smile still lingered on his face. [colour=green]"And practice was not forgotten Fire. I could make quite a flechette storm if I wanted... usually carry around four dozens of knives on myself. And before you ask, no. They are all blunt."[/colour] Swift assured her. [colour=green]"Now enough chit chat. Let me show you yours room. Accidentally it's across mine"[/colour] unicorn informed as he walked back to the corridor and opened the door.

"My older brother Earth Walker managed to get himself into the whole genealogy thing after he got a rather bad case of the 'Feather Flu' a few years ago, and while he got over his sickness rather quickly, he never got over his desire to trace our family tree down to the furthest roots.", the mare muttered as she studied the portraits, "Can't say we have any really famous family members. We did have a few that served as officers with Commander Hurricane. He just found it amusing that we've always been in the Royal Equestrian Army. Thankfully, there's much more to the R.E.A than parading around in plate-mail. We're also mostly Pegasi. There's a few earth pony or unicorn cousins from time to time, but we seemed to have mostly kept to the winged kind of more than a few generations. Then again, that was pretty common even after Equestria was founded."

She joined in stallion's laughter, and smiled as he talked about his magic, but there was something else she was interested in, "You really need to do that more often! Laugh! You're absolutely adorable when you do do. And that smile.", she sighed like a love-struck filly., "I pray I can make you smile and laugh more during our trip.", she followed the pony as he made his way into her room. "Oh wow.", she cantered to the center of the room. "This looks like the guest rooms they have in Celestia's castle. Absolutely wonderful." Like Swift Squall's bedroom, this too was heavily themed to invoke classic rooms of Canterlot's past. There was an rather large canopy bed nearby, with matching nightstands and a fine armoire, all made from the finest of cherry wood. She also spied a rather large copper bath tub in the bathroom from where she stood. 'Wow, that tub could fit two ponies rather comfortably.", she thought out loud as she continued to eyeball the room. As she noticed her clothing and luggage were already laid out in their respected places, she turned to face the stallion, "Wonderful little spot of paradise you have here Mister Squall, so what's next?"

[colour=green]"I...uhhh?"[/colour] unicorn mumbled, a little confounded. He never was called adorable before. Somepony other would probably earn glare from Squall for saying such thing. But not Fire -the only reaction mare managed to pull from him was continuation of their exchange of blushes. Still she was the first girl that made him blush at all so...

"I pray I can make you smile and laugh more during our trip.", she followed the pony as he made his way into her room.

[colour=green]"I...I think you wouldn't need to pray for that. At all."[/colour] he couldn't help but grin at her. It felt strange, the muscles on his on his face moved in unfamiliar positions and Swift could almost hear them say "No seriously. We do WHAT?!". Swordstallion even started to bounce a little. One of longer working maid caught a sight of that and her jaw dropped in utter disbelief. And to even bigger surprise of himself, Squall found out that he didn't care! Stallion felt good and wanted the world to know it.

She also spied a rather large copper bath tub in the bathroom from where she stood. 'Wow, that tub could fit two ponies rather comfortably.", she thought out loud as she continued to eyeball the room. "

[colour=green]"Errr..."[/colour] Squall wasn't quite sure if that was some suggestion from Fire's part or not. And as much as following this direction of their conversation unicorn chose not to.

"Wonderful little spot of paradise you have here Mister Squall, so what's next?"

[colour=green]"Next? I will show you wonders' of my city. Both well known and hidden. Allow me to...be your guide."[/colour] Swift said as he moved closer.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

And some epic sightseeing commerced. Squall proved that he could very much be a museum docent. Not only he knew where many things worth of interests were - he also possessed history knowledge of those landmarks and the city overall. Just like in Filladelphia, Swift also thrown in some amusing trivia, rumors and urban legends.

But the best one, if a little cliché he left for the end.

[colour=green]"Come Fire, just few more stairs."[/colour] he encouraged her as they reached near the top.

Just a minute later, two ponies were greeted by the full view of the city below them, while they were standing in the Statue crown.

[colour=green]"Beautifully isn't it? I know it's nothing new for a pegasus like you. But for us, land rats, standing at such highs is step closer to the sky itself."[/colour] he said to red mare, ignoring the school trip behind them.

"Next? I will show you wonders' of my city. Both well known and hidden. Allow me to...be your guide." Swift said as he moved closer.

Fire Walker enjoyed her whirlwind tour of the sights and sounds of 'Old Manehattan'. From the magnificent city hall to the Grand Royal Equestrian Army Plaza, there was a good deal to see in the city. She was more than eager to show off the local stadium where her hoofball team was to give the locals a good whooping. She was not afraid to admit that she wasn't the best of the players on the team, and generally was picked more for utility and tended to play whatever position they needed her for. She followed the stallion up into the old statue, "Wow, I can't believe this is the first time I'll be seeing this place. When I was in primary school, my class made plans to go here, but I was wearing leg braces and there was no way I'd be able to go up these stairs, so I had to stay home. Really broke my heart. But here I am years later, going up these stairs with the bravest and most handsome stallion in all of Equestria."

Once they arrived at the crown, the mare smiled as Swift Squall spoke and kept ever so close as they continued. Once he was finished, she looked directly into his eyes....

wfyw.png

[colour=green]"Fire...I..."[/colour] Swift started, but suddenly at lose of words. He knew this gaze...he dreamed about it uncountable number of times already. Yet...yet unicorn couldn't bring himself to say it. Everything was happening to fast.

But just as he was ready to break the eye contact..a quite voice in his head spoke to him.

[colour=green]"Are you really going to do it? Repeat the mistake that Fire and Dunder made? To make her cry again?"[/colour] his subconsciousness asked.

[colour=green]"No! I.Will.Not."[/colour] he answered himself. A new glint appeared in Squall emerald irises. He put his left hoof on her shoulder, and with his telekinesis he did the same with her leg on his back. They stood like this together for a moment...and then Swift started to sing.

[colour=green][colour=green]"I can't fight this feeling any longer

And yet I'm still afraid to let it flow

What started out as friendship, has grown stronger

I only wish I had the strength to let it show

I tell myself that I can't hold out forever

I said there is no reason for my fear

Cause I feel so secure when we're together

You give my life direction

You make everything so clear

And even as I wander

I'm keeping you in sight

You're a candle in the window

On a cold, dark winter's night

And I'm getting closer than I ever thought I might

"[/colour=green]

[colour=black]Withe the first words they were no longer standing, Squall took the crimson mare and both started slowly whirling on the metal floor. To both of their surprise, they were dancing - he wasn't really planning that, Swift just did what he deemed the most appropriate. The other ponies that were visiting the Statue looked at them with sympathy...some even waved at his singing, others cheering. Squall didn't care. The only thing he saw was the beautiful combinations of red shades in the form of the mare before him.[/colour]

[colour=green]"And I can't fight this feeling anymore

I've forgotten what I started fighting for

It's time to bring this ship into the shore

And throw away the oars, forever

Cause I can't fight this feeling anymore

And if I have to crawl upon the floor

Come crushing through your door

Fire, I can't fight this feeling anymore

My life has been such a whirlwind since I saw you

I've been running round in circles in my mind

And it always seems that I'm following you, girl

Cause you take me to the places that alone I'd never find"[/colour]

[colour=black]Swift lead the pegasus mare with unexpected grace. While only average as a singer, swordstallion proved to be spectacular dancer - not only he was leading her with confidence, he subtly corrected Fire moments with his telekinesis. And all of this without breaking either eye contact or rhythm of the song.[/colour]

[colour=green]"And even as I wander I'm keeping you in sight

You're a candle in the window on a cold, dark winter's night

And I'm getting closer than I ever thought I might

And I can't fight this feeling anymore

It's time to bring this ship into the shore

And throw away the oars, forever

Cause I can't fight this feeling anymore

And if I have to crawl upon the floor

Come crushing through your door

Fire, I can't fight this feeling anymore...."[/colour]

[colour=black]And when the song came to an end, so did their dance. What fallowed was awkward moment of silence from both Fire and Swift. And all tourists present in the Statue.[/colour][/colour]

"What are you waiting for? Kiss her you fool!"[/colour] unicorn subconsciousness urged.

He didn't needed to 'hear' this more then once. Swift blushed intensively, closed his eyes and planted a kiss on Fire's cute lips...

"I agree with you, It's all so beautiful, and yes, while I could normally enjoy such a view on my own, it's all special because I get to experience it with you.", her eyes grew larger as she moved closer to the stallion. She adjusted her shoulders as the unicorn placed his front legs on her and slowly parted his lips. She closed her eyes, preferring to enjoy the kiss without any distractions and waited. Instead of a kiss, she got a song? The mare slowly opened up one of her eyes and witnessed Swift Squall as he broke out into song. It was all rather nice and she was sure she had heard it somewhere else, or maybe not. Still, he was doing a good job at it. What a funny little world they live in. Ponies will be minding their own business and suddenly somepony will break into song, and then the others would follow along. Still, this song was obviously meant to be a solo, so she kept quiet for the moment and just stared at the stallion with her loving eyes. But this didn't last, as he proceeded to dance, taking her along with him.

"Oh!", she nearly fell on her rump, but the agile unicorn was able to keep her moving and upright. As they danced, Fire Walker noticed a small squad of tourist watching, including a small group of filly scouts. One apparently had broken her leg and was wearing a cast covered in hoof-drawn cutie marks. Her front legs held onto a small set of crutches. How did she manage to get up into the crown with the others, the Pegasus pondered, but this did not last very long, as the second Swift Squall's song ended, she felt his lips on hers. He was kissing her! The mare broke out of her haze just in time to accept the kiss. This was a rather impressive bit of smooching from the fancy-pony. Strong, but tender and he tasted like peppermint. Did he have gum? She wanted to continue a little longer, but then she remembered, there were ponies watching her! Still, she did not pull away, and instead let Swift Squall finish. Once he backed away, the R.E.A guard gasped, "Bloody amazing Swift Squall, you've taken my breath away."

Fire Walker's red coat turned a deeper shade of red as she noticed that several tourists were still watching the pair, "Er, show's over folks.", still something was bothering her. The Filly Scout with the cast. "Er, little girl? How did you manage to get up here?", she asked. The filly, a brown coated earth pony who was incredibly 'grossed out' at the sight of two adults locking lips right in front of her, simply rolled up her eyes, "I took the elevator. Duh!", she walked away with the other fillies who were giggling, "You gals think that was cool? So nasty! Kisses! I hope a colt never kisses me!", the annoyed filly grumbled as she followed her troop.

Amused by the filly's antics, the Pegasus pony chuckled as she turned her attention back to the stallion, "So, what's next?"

Once he backed away, the R.E.A guard gasped, "Bloody amazing Swift Squall, you've taken my breath away."

Blushing deeply from Fire's prise, up the way to his ear and shuffling his hooves, Squall turned his head for a moment. He decided it would be better not to mention too mare that he practiced this before the mirror...with help of various textbooks about the kissing and other such things. The thought that she could find out made unicorn nervousness to the point of stuttering.

[colour=green]"Y-y-yeah. Amazing i-indeed. Also my f-f-f-f-f-f-f-f....."[/colour] Squall stopped, took a deep breath and finished [colour=green]"...first."[/colour]

Luckily Fire's attention was taken away by the filly scout, long enough for swordstallion to regain composure. By the time she focused back to him, the panic on his face was replaced by serene expression.

Amused by the filly's antics, the Pegasus pony chuckled as she turned her attention back to the stallion, "So, what's next?"

[colour=green]"You mean about today or about us? If the first, then we better go back to change for the show..."[/colour] Swift said as he smoothed pegasus cheek with his left front hoof. He knew that he will never have enough of this crimson eyes or this vermilion mane.

[colour=green]"...And if the latter...I won't let you go. I may be philanthropist...but I think I will be greedy with you. I know true treasure when I see one."[/colour] noble teased her, before rising her into the air and spinning around laughing. [colour=green]"I will be smarter then others before me. Be it day or the night...Equestria, Aquelia or any other land...I will be beside you when you will need me, my Fire. My Moto. Because I love you."[/colour] Swift Squall declared as he hugged her.

Archived