UPDATE: The official thread has started! http://www.canterlot.com/topic/15150-daring-do-and-the-quest-for-the-golden-statue/

Ever wanted to be in a storybook? Not a lot of ponies do but don't ruin it for the ones that do want to be in one. Well now is your chance..um..those who wanted to be in a book!

We all remember Daring Do, fearless adventurer and all that good stuff. But we only got to see that one book and there are many others.

Now what this RP is about is essentially what the title reads. It's storytime and the book of choice is Daring Do. This book is different though. Sure there is going to be the adventure and all that good stuff but this time Daring isn't alone. She has some friends with her. Otherwise known as your OCs and whatnot.

In the book they will be hunting for treasure though. So your OC should be adventurous.

Basically what happens in the RP in the short version is an older mare/stallion (I haven't decided yet) has a group of fillies and colts over to read them a book. They all love Daring Do so it should be fun. Once the narrator starts reading the book the RP will take off and the adventure begins. And Daring and her friends(that's you) will go on their adventure for riches untold!

Now you're probably thinking, "But Derpyy, Why not just start the RP with Daring Do? Why have a narrator and kids?" And to that I say, "Good question! Now let me explain."

The kids and narrator are all for comedic effect. Say we are hoof deep in a part in the RP and Daring and your OCs are just about to find the treasure and then the narrator gets interrupted by one of the kids that has a question. :) Should be fun. If it becomes a problem I will stop the kids :)

Now I will be playing the narrator since he/she has a short role and stuff. Here is a character list of who will be playing:

Derpyy: Daring Do, Narrator, Kids and what not (if you want to have a filly or colt role just say so :) )

Dabom444: Indigo

Jane: The ever so evil Priestess Naelah. Kid Role

[colour=#000000]GreyMatter[/colour]: Volarte

Saronyx: Xukar

SparkleFire: Sparkle Fire

StarSprite: Star Sprite

Update: No longer accepting new memebers. Unless I decide to start another storybook :razz: Still don't know yet

Just post who you want to play as :) If you have any comments of questions just post them! :D

I have four OCs, two of whom I have not RPed as before, but one of those has his own story in progress, so I am quiet flexible so far as characters, whoever you feel would be best for the story I can do.

[colour=#d3d3d3]Grey Matter: My original OC, an Earth pony, very intelligent. Of late, he has been a tad bit absentminded, and hopes a little adventure would keep his mind off of things. Using him would take advantage of his genius to be, in part, the exposition, he could explain what the mystical artifact that Daring Do is searching for.[/colour]

Hotshot: A Unicorn with a body built more for strength than magic, he knows only simple spells, like levitation, but is able to use it to lift much larger objects than most other unicorns even can. A bright red coat, and a slightly brighter mane perfectly symbolize his somewhat volatile personality, topped off with a need to be better than everybody, while he often ends up simply failing at the task, but at least he has the strength to even try.

[colour=#ffffff]Inkblot: Another Unicorn, Inkblot has studied psychology. He currently takes up residence in Ponyville, but could be tagging along with Daring Do and her team as a study into the workings and machinations of their minds, what sends them on such a quest, and what keeps them going during one of these quests, even when danger is high. He, of course, would act as a sort of foil to the group, as he is not a strong pony, and not there for the rush of adventure, but merely because he feels he must be there to do research.[/colour]

Volarte: My untested OC, she is a pegasus, and a sort of anti-Rainbow Dash (Which is a pain to say, I try not to compare my OCs to the Mane Six, but it is sort of fitting in this case). She is a great flyer, but not too fast, instead she has chosen to focus on flying as an art, hence her name, which translates from French into "Flight art," and is pronounced (Wolarte). Although Daring Do is also a pegasus, Volarte would likely have a greater advantage over her if there were, for example, some sort of trap that must be dodged, for although she lacks the speed to dart back and forth, she has the form to dodge poison arrows, for example, by simply contorting to dodge several at once (not moving in the way of one to get out of the way of another.)

Again, whatever you feel you need, I can play, or, if you cannot decide, I can do multiple characters, although I feel that would upset the balance in the RP. Now, allow me the time to edit this post to make the text colours more readable inside their boxes.

EDIT: The only difficult one was actually Inkblot. And done. colours of text box and text reflect the mane and body colours of the character, where the box is the Mane, and text is the body. This is not the case with Volarte and Hotshot, where the colours are too close, and a median colour was chosen for the text box.

You can join as any OC you want! But in my opinion...I think Volarte would be a fun one for this RP.

I need players who are adventurous for this will be a storybook about treasure hunting.

But...not getting lost isn't an adventure. It isn't that "wild and crazy" to stick to a plan. An adventure is getting lost, then finding your own unique way back. Adventure is going somewhere nopony has been before. Even Google doesn't have maps for that.

EDIT: Also, gladly! Sign me up for Volarte, and if there is any additional info you need, just lemme know, and I will send it your way!

Seems like this could be interesting :D

I have no idea what OC I'd use, considering my plethora of them, but I'll think of something! At some point. Probably...

But yeah. If I was to have a foal I'd probably have Rune, considering he's the only foal character I have so far.

This looks like it could be fun :D

I guess I could join this as Sparkle Fire, my original OC, he's a Cyan Pegasus with Green eyes and a purple mane with an orange streak ( The pegasus in my avatar basically)

He's devoted to his friends and does well under pressure but can be a little bit melodramatic and lacking in common sense at times. He enjoys testing himself in unfamiliar situations but is difficult to sway into impulsiveness.

He's of average stature and has decent but not exceptional flying skills, though he has good eyesight and is adept at spotting small details missed by other ponies.

I hope he's appropriate, I've not enjoyed a good multi-pony RP in a while.

Alright :)

Well it is going to be an adventure RP. Where as Daring and the OCs you all play are on an adventure seeking for treasure and what not :)

What do I do when I can't pick a pre-existing OC for something? Why, I create a new one of course! But then I realize I don't need to, because I already have a character that would work fine for this!

His name is Xukar. And if the name didn't give it away, he's a Zebra.

He is a very solid and powerfully built individual, standing a few hands (measurements used for equines in the real world. One foot=three hands) higher than the average pony/zebra, but is a gentle giant unless provoked, in which case he becomes a living wrecking-ball (He's kind of like Fezzik from 'Princess Bride', only with a higher IQ overall). He, like most Zerbas from the homeland, has a vast knowledge of flora and fauna, and can mix brews and remedies. While he speaks with an accent like Zecora's, he rarely speaks in rhyme.

Despite his build, he is fairly quick, but less agile than the average zebra, relying more on powering through an obstacle rather than finding a way around it.

If anything about him needs changed, just let me know!

I'm still considering it, actually, Quilly. It will just depend on how busy I am and how much brainstorming/planning gets done before we get started. :)

Ohhhh a zebra? Sounds fun! :D I shall add it to the list

Also Quill if you want to be the antagonist I ask that you wait for Jane to make her decision :) For she suggested it first so I'm letting her run with it for now. Though she may suffer from a death by papers here eventually...

• Like 1

Though she may suffer from a death by papers here eventually...

That's possible? Oh God - why didn't they warn me before I signed up for this University thing.. :o

• Like 1

That's possible? Oh God - why didn't they warn me before I signed up for this University thing.. :-o

Because it's their idea of a joke :)

I would like to Put in my character Indigo. He is a Earthpony whom Daring could probably came across. He Is an adventerous type whom has heard of daring doo, in the newspapers and such. He had started to study archeology and Treasure finding trying to become a renowned Adventurer himself. Cutie mark is a Sand dune with paw prints in it to symbolify his skill in tracking. He is a Dark brown coated and tan maned pony.

Ooh!! This RP sounds awesome!! :D

Update: No longer accepting new memebers. Unless I decide to start another storybook :P Still don't know yet

---------------

NO LONGER ACCEPTING NEW MEMBERS

But...But...Are you sure? :!:

• Like 1