Feeling Pinkie Keen... You know where I'm going with this.

pollo20x6

@arrowghost

I agree with your statement about science.

Also, the transformer movie can be tied to religion. Those movies stink so much, they're clearly the work of satan. haha...ok, that was a bad joke. I'll shut up now... :blush:

(if you like the transformers movies, that's cool. Its just my least favorite movie trilogy ever, so I tend to pick on it a lot.)

Speaking of Transformers, I never watch the movie, but when you got genres like drama, comedy, action and stuff, they all based on people doing what they do everyday in their lives, nothing religion is specific either. See! That's why I said again, those who add in religion into Pinkie Keen is really unprofessional.

But you can add in science, like what Twilight did on Pinkie's brain, surely her machine can detect some EEG activity, if it doesn't, there's always the MEG & FMRI. Science can be deceptive sometimes.

I'm sorry. I didn't mean to add religion into pinkie keen. I just made an observation and wanted to talk to other fans about it. Just casual, sharing my thoughts and taking in what others think about it as well. I'm not trying to convince anyone of anything. And for the most part, I do agree with alot of the things you've said, arrowghost.

but yeah, don't watch the transformers movie. Michael Bay did the opposite of what Lauren Faust did to MLP. He took an awesome cartoon from the 80's and made a lame modern adaption.

Oh yeah, unprofessional for criticizing and giving proper feedbacks and suggestions to the crew who made that episode. Sorry that I forgot to add additional statements. Another example let's say, take abstract art, professional critics criticizes on the meaning and choice of colours, when they ask why green, the artist will defend his art and tells the meaning. Critics will ask on the why for a reason and explanation, they never ask for anything religious out of it. Yes, green stands for Islam as well, but till today, as I study Art Appreciation before, we never have any religion in our topics and chapters.

When it comes to cartoons and movies, that's why I love the 80s and 90s best. 2000s was ok but on the state of decline until 2010, when most cartoons are dead because of Spongebob's tyrannical control of revenue, which prevents profits and popularity from other competitors and thus making the great producers like they made El Tigre loses its edge and thus becomes a liability and gets axed out and shows the front door. Biker Mice from Mars and Thundercats in the 2000s also been axed too after a season or less than 30 episodes, it's a very big shame for fans. Not to mention I miss Tom & Jerry, most of the great stuff from CN, Nick & Disney are also changed so horribly. Not to mention Samurai Jack also never finished, a cliffhanger that just needs another sequel to finish it except I fear there won't be one, consider it Half Life 3'ed or totally axed.

Actually, they're coming out with Half Life 5. It's so big, they had to skip over the third and fourth sequel.

But on a more serious note, the meaning of colours definitely differs towards different people. For instance, I didn't know that green represented Islam. I've always thought that it only meant 'Greed' or something of monetary value.

In Southeast Asia, it is. And well, colour also represent other things too. Red is for the Chinese too. Blue is more on the West. Have you heard an old game (which is not Command & Conquer to me but with its title misused and abused) called C&C Generals? That game already represent the respective colours, as in that post, wow what a coincidence I just typed. :-o

Personally, I always thought the episode wasn't so much about religion as being about respecting other's world view/personal beliefs/lifestyle or rather, not trying to impose your own on another person; during the episode Twilight is the only one that refuses to accept Pinkie's ability and tries to prove that there is either a scientific explanation for it or that it was simply wasn't real but eventually decides to drop the issue and accept it as a part of who Pinkie is.

This would be a good lesson for both children and adults: Children because a number of the children watching would be near the "age of not believing" and the stage where one thinks that if they don't believe in Santa Claus and the like anymore, neither should anymone else (I remember when I was 4 or 5 my friend Olivia forcing the lack of an Easter Bunny on me). And Adults because many problems in the world have been caused by one group forcing their way of seeing the world or their way of life onto others; the crusades were about this, the famine in Ethiopia was caused by missionaries going to Ethiopia and telling the people living there that they should abandon their method of food production in favour of agreculture which the land there generally isn't able to support, a number of people suffer health problems because they follow guidelines based the dietary needs of others which aren't compatible with their own (my mother, for example can't have grains, dairy, and most plants because of her allergies and wouldn't be able to survive following the government's guidelines because of her allergies)

• Like 1

You know, this all reminds me of the South Park episode 'The Tale Of Scrotie McBoogerballs.' In a nutshell, the kid characters write a book that's meant to be as disgustingly obscene as possible (at least to a kid). Several adults discover the book, and while literally throwing up at how unbelievably repulsive it is, they all start suddenly raving that the book has incredible insights in regards to religion, philosophy, politics, etc. But with that being said, it soon becomes a huge best seller and every adult that reads the book sees it reflecting his/her OWN beliefs (which of course it does not in any way, shape and form). For example one woman sees it as having an anti-abortion message, at the same time another man says it's "clearly" pro-choice. (But watching an imitation Morgan Freeman do a read-aloud of it was mesmerizing).

This seems to be the case with not just this episode... but quite a few. Not ALL, but a sizable number. People just like to look so hard in on the show and treat its messages as sooper srs bsns. This discussion is a prime example. Well, not all of you specifically, but the accusation in general that 'Pinkie Keen' is pro-religion.

Uh, that was absolutely the LAST thing on my mind when I first watched the episode. I was just watching it for 'teh lolz', and it delivered. But come on, pro-religion? Honestly? I also remember quite clearly on this very site the thread for the episode 'Secret Of My Excess' in which some users were 'disturbed' by the implications that the relationship between Spike and Rarity is borderline pedophilia.

It seems whenever a new episode comes up with its own thread, most people in the first several posts talk about if the episode was funny or not, or if it was cute and so on, like normal people would take about such a simple show. Then after a few hours the weirdos come out of the woodwork and start picking the episode apart like it's the flipping Da Vinci Code.

People need to not take this show so seriously and just enjoy it for what it is, only talk about it with some depth. But for the Flying Spaghetti Monster's sake don't try to analyze it like it's a Stephen Hawking theory. But hey, it's not up to me what people do with their brainpan energy. Do what thou wilt.

Personally, I always thought the episode wasn't so much about religion as being about respecting other's world view/personal beliefs/lifestyle or rather, not trying to impose your own on another person; during the episode Twilight is the only one that refuses to accept Pinkie's ability and tries to prove that there is either a scientific explanation for it or that it was simply wasn't real but eventually decides to drop the issue and accept it as a part of who Pinkie is.

This would be a good lesson for both children and adults: Children because a number of the children watching would be near the "age of not believing" and the stage where one thinks that if they don't believe in Santa Claus and the like anymore, neither should anymone else (I remember when I was 4 or 5 my friend Olivia forcing the lack of an Easter Bunny on me). And Adults because many problems in the world have been caused by one group forcing their way of seeing the world or their way of life onto others; the crusades were about this, the famine in Ethiopia was caused by missionaries going to Ethiopia and telling the people living there that they should abandon their method of food production in favour of agreculture which the land there generally isn't able to support, a number of people suffer health problems because they follow guidelines based the dietary needs of others which aren't compatible with their own (my mother, for example can't have grains, dairy, and most plants because of her allergies and wouldn't be able to survive following the government's guidelines because of her allergies)

Gotta agree with you, there's very little explanation on how Pinkie's powers work. That's why it's most down to superstition. But hey, I can't believe you mention Santa Claus too, wow, another perfect example of this. I used to believe, but one night when I stay up at Midnight +, he didn't came and then I just said "Oh well." I already read about the whole Santa Claus doesn't exists stuff all over the internet until I tried it myself for real, then the internet confirmed it.

Sorry to burst your bubble, like I did it myself as an experiment, he didn't came. I waited till 12.30 am till he comes, when nothing happens, I went back to sleep. Next morning, there wasn't any presents at the Christmas tree. I too have a problem with the tree too when it drop its leaves, so I stopped celebrating Christmas the usual way due to the falling leaves then celebrate with my friends elsewhere instead.