Pink Lady's Orchard and Bakery//Open for Buisness

QuickLime

PinkLadybanner_zpseca0bb72.jpg

The Shelves were stocked to bursting! There were delicious dried apple slices, dried apple pies, turnovers, ect were placed out so the whole shop smelled of rich warm apples! The shelves were lined with Jams, Jellies, Preserves, and jars of delicious apple butter! Glinting in the warm sunlight. Lady let out a breath and wiped her brow, before getting her special lemonade out and sat it on the counter, as well as some clean glasses, that had a little sign by it "Refresh yourself while you shop! Free Lemonade!" Instead of Ice it had frozen bits of apple, pear, and cherries floating in it as Lady liked to take care of her guests!

Once the shop was obviously ready for business she flipped the sign from closed to open and beamed! She'd harvest her apples later in the afternoon! Socializing and money making time now!

So here he was - Red Delicious, a small rural settlement on the country central highlands...known more widely as the Solistic Highs.

While he was well traveled, Swift Squall couldn't honestly say that he visited this cozy village before, it looked like a nice placed to sightsee. A shame that he neither had time nor proper looks for such thing. After a rather foggy and sleepless night unicorn wasn't the sight for a sore eyes. A wet and frayed dark brown duster, messy mane and tail, eye bags due too lack of sleep and on top of that all a sheeted sword resting on his back. Somepony could tell that he was sellsword cruising for a bruising, and Squall couldn't blame for such assumption.. Yet in the eyes of the traveling swordstallion that gazed above his shades were shining a noble determination and sense of purpose.

Right now Red Delicious seemed to still be in a phase of slight morning drowsiness, extended by the warm sun rays. Unicorn welcomed the golden orb with relief - at least he would dry quickly - but it seemed that it made everypony stay in the beds a little longer. That was a problem, as Swift was looking for some answers and directions.

But look! It seemed that a small shop abutted to an orchard was already 'Open'. Good, while he traveled quite a distance with what he had, a grumbling stomach reminded him that both filling it and and taking more provisions would be a wise move. That, and maybe a hour long nap afterwards. Swift Squall hadn't any arguments to disagree.

Without a second though noble trotted to the door and opened it with his magic.

[colour=green]"Good Morning"[/colour] he greeted the shop owner. In his warm yet husky baritone Lady could hear a slight weariness.

Squall didn't bothered with starting a conversation at first, instead glancing over the shelves taking mental notes what he will take with him. The treats that rested at them looked rather tasty.

But after a few unintentional glances at the pink maned mare, a feeling of familiarity appeared in his head. Kind of inevitable for somepony traveling as much as him.

[colour=green]"I am sorry...did we meet before?"[/colour] swordstallion asked her directly. Eyes behind the shades squinted a little, for Squall wasn't sure if it was pleasant encounter or not.

• 2 weeks later...

Stone Bones was no stranger to sweat and grit. Having grown up on farm work and graduated to army training, the big earth pony wasn't doing his job right if he wasn't breaking a sweat in his work. For both the army and the farm, dragging large loads through miles of rough terrain in the hot sun were merely routine. Fortunately, this time around he had the luxury of a cart and a ball cap, making the sun and heat much more bearable than with heavy armor and a heavier rucksack.

His ball cap bore a miniature Equestrian sun flag not unlike that on his utility uniform. Not being subject to army standards, however, this one was sun faded and sweat stained-- and Bones was okay with that. It meant his working wear was actually used for hard work! His cart was in a similar state, its wheels and hinges worn, but well maintained. Aboard were all sorts of foodstuffs and sundry items, a bushel of apples, a keg of cider, and sacks of flour. After being on the road, Bones could use some proper drink and nourishment that didn't involve dipping into the grocery basket.

Pulling up to the storefront, Bones unhitched his cart, being careful to chock the wheels so the cart would not escape him. The mountain of a pony nosed the door open and ambled inside. A smile spread across his face as he took a deep breath, letting the wonderful smells of the bakery fill his nostrils. He’d grab a bite to eat in due time, but right now, he was parched. Seeing the pitcher of lemonade, Bones knew exactly where he was headed. Nodding to the unicorn stallion browsing the shelves, Bones trotted up to the counter.

[colour=#8b4513]“Good mornin’!”[/colour] he said cheerfully to the mare behind the counter as he poured himself an ice cold glass of lemonade. [colour=#8b4513]“Thes is jist what I was looking for. It’s like you read my mind!”[/colour]

"If we have I certainly can't recall! I am so terrible with faces"She said and chuckled "Help yourself to some lemonade please! you sound tired and it should perk you right up! Good morning to you as well" She tried to be polite and cheery to the stranger as he seemed rather tired, he was polite though the way he seemed to think they had met prior left her a touch unsettled, but that was just her issue and not his "I hope you'll find something to your liking! All the baked goods were prepared just a few hours ago so they are still at the peak of freshness!"

The next customer made Ladies eyes practically bug out of her head! He was massive! He was the most giant, massive..mass of muscle and manliness! And he was so polite! She beamed as he had some of her lemonade "Mhm! I like to think that I should provide those who travel here something refreshing to drink! I'v never seen you before sir! It is a pleasure!" So polite and he was so cheerful too! That was wonderful! "I hope my shop has something that will catch your fancy"

• 3 weeks later...

"If we have I certainly can't recall! I am so terrible with faces"She said and chuckled

[colour=green]"....Well, I don't think it matters much anyway if we came across each other or not."[/colour] unicorn shrugged. [colour=green]"Free drinks? Excuse me but how exactly is this profitable for you?"[/colour] the eyebrows over his sunglasses rose noticeably. [colour=green]"I don't mean to be offensive, just curious."[/colour] Squall added explanation.

And then the other stallion had entered and unicorn barely contained his surprise after slightly turning his head. This guy was absolutely enormous! Swift always believed that his own Old Pony - an Earth Pony himself - was huge. But huge was understatement when describing the guy that had entered Lady establishment.

[colour=green]"Well...sompony was eating his share of vegetables."[/colour] swordstallion though.

The one of big pros of wearing shades was the ability to observe otherponies without them noticing that they were being watched.

Swift Squall studied Bones movements with the corner of his eye - but more from habit then actual then actual intention.

The way of walking, muscle movement and stance told Squall that he was a soldier. Amusing. It appears that Swift meet a REA members wherever he would go. But something in this pony was unusual. A quick glance at the stallion flank provided the answer.

[colour=green]"A boxer..."[/colour] Squall mused quietly to himself. Yes, the strongly developed front legs indeed hinted that he used them way more then the hind ones.

With his curiosity fulfilled unicorn stallion shifted his attention back at the Lady [colour=green]"Is that orchard behind the shop yours?"[/colour] Swift asked.

"It isn't, but t' weather is hot darlin and the Apple Family likes to give good hospitality to both their kin and their clients" She said reassuringly, chest swelling a tiny bit in pride. True offering free lemonade didn't get her an extra bit or two, but Lady wasn't IN this for the money anyways! "And yes sir! 100% Mine and I am proud as punch about it too! I manage it myself, it isn't the biggest orchard, many of my kin have smaller orchards scattered about here to give bees here plenty of opportunities to pollinate the surrounding crops uniquely "

Another curt nod was given and she flashed him her best smile "Now what may I interest you in sir?"

Calliope Steammusic rummaged through her pantry, preparing to make her breakfast. However, no matter how hard she looked, not a single scrap of bread presented itself. She sighed. Without bread, she was much more limited in what she could have. After looking a while longer, she resorted to a salad instead. She would have to go to the Bakery after she ate.

Sometime later, the Lime-coloured pony was standing in front of Pink Lady's shop, saddlebags at her sides an a coin purse around her neck. With any luck they would have at least a few loaves in stock. Gathering herself up, she opened the door and stepped inside, steppingover to the shelves to look for the bread.

Bones couldn’t help but laugh a good-natured laugh at the unicorn’s question. What kind of silly pony questioned free drinks on a day like this? Especially if it came ice cold! Bones took a gulp of his own drink before speaking.

[colour=#8b4513]“C’mon up and have a drenk that the nice mare offered you! It isnae gonnae bite ye, I promise!”[/colour]

With his other hoof, he removed his weatherbeaten hat and swiped at his forehead with the fetlock. [colour=#8b4513]“Real scorcher today! So of coorse when my ma is visiting C-lot she asks me to run out and bring her groceries! Good thing I’m not on duty until tomorrow...”[/colour]

• 1 month later...

"You must be sweltering" She said and frowned softly "Groceries? Why don't you tell me exactly what you need so I can fetch it for you? You shouldn't overwork yourself, especially not on a hot day like today!" She said and flashed him a soft smile, he was a cutie that was for sure, but then again Lady did have a soft spot for them stallions with the big muscles..

".....Well I will not turn away such gesture of kindness." Squall said, giving in. He helped himself with a glass. Not a full one, just enough to quench the thirst, not really in hurry of emptying it either. The taste was wonderful and Squall preferred to savor it as much as possible.

"They don't do lemonade like this in Manehattan anymore." he muttered after fist few sips.

“C’mon up and have a drenk that the nice mare offered you! It isnae gonnae bite ye, I promise!”

"It's not about the biting 'Mister Soldier'. Anypony should be rewarded by their efforts, even more so when they do something from concern of others well being and not without expecting any gratification in the first place. And this... Squall held glass higher with his magic "This is an result of hard work made with affection. You can taste the love and care from each fruit used in making this beverage. And before you ask, you walk like one." unicorn anticipated the unspoken question, while taking another sip from his glass.

Another curt nod was given and she flashed him her best smile "Now what may I interest you in sir?"

"Ahh,yes. Something filling and what would stay fresh on the road. I have no idea how much road is before me, and how much I need to take." swordstallion said, eyes behind sunglasses half closed from sleepiness. "Which reminds me...have anypony seen this kid?" Swift pulled out a rolled piece of paper from his duster inner pocked. Orange pony put it on the counter afterwards and unfolded it,revealing poster with word 'MISSING' printed in the large font on the top, and a photo of filly below.