Equestria Girls on Canterlot?

Corsair

Equestria Girls RP?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Would you participate in an Equestria Girls themed RP section on Canterlot?

As most everyone probably knows, My Little Pony: Equestria Girls was released to theaters last weekend. So far, the reaction from the FiM fans has been very positive. While most of the adult fans seem to dislike the character designs, the story, characters, and writing feels very much like a FiM episode.

Right now, on Canterlot.com. the only place you could play a human or humanized pony would be in the Free-for-all section. As far as World of Equestria is concerned, humans do not exist. But, what if there was a section for humanized / Equestria Girls RP on Canterlot? Is that something you'd be interested in?

This is not an official poll from the Canterlot.com staff, I'm just curious to see how much interest there'd be in a Equestria Girls RP.

I say yes because the EQG-High School setting is rich in RP possibilities. And since the chars would be both humanized AND in a modern tech environment, it'd feel a bit more contemporary than the WOE (not dissing WOE, ok?). Think of all the new Cast EQG chars that could be claimed too! I would LOVE the opportunity to participate in this concept! :D:D:D

I personally think it's outside the scope of what we're doing. A thread or two in FFA/CO? Go for it.

An entire section? Most of our users haven't even seen the movie yet.

If FFA became flooded with EQG roleplay, I don't see a problem with suggesting a sub-forum for it -- that would put proof into the pudding rather than asking for an additional section that might only be used sparingly after the hoopla around the movie dies down.

Not entirely a question of implementation difficulty.

We'll watch and see how many people show interest through their votes.

If about 5% of the members vote yes (within a reasonable time-frame) it's something we may consider in a more serious manner, otherwise, we'll have to conclude that it's not worth the effort for meagre interest.

Can't say fairer than that.

Personally I'm not interested in EQG RP at all. So I'll just vote accordingly to reflect my thoughts: No.

As for section... well, since I'm not particularly interested, I don't dive into details myself. Of course, the only drawback for community I see would be that some people might want to lower the amount of MLP:FIM roleplay threads in order to be able to maintain additional EQG threads. So yeah, I see a potential situation in which MLP:FIM RP forums might became a tiny-moderately bit slower/less populated (depending on the community demand).

Still, apart from that there's no harm in doing it I guess. Although not sure if it would require whole subforum... Question is: Is the site dedicated to MLP: FiM or EQG? Because one does not equal another.

I don't know that i needs its own section. But it certainly requires its own set of standards and board canons. It's not going to be easy to sort through the world building of such a wide open universe up for interpretation, even if the interest is there and positive.

I said maybe. I think there might be potential for it. What I don't like though, is that a group of people who want this could be shut down by people that aren't willing to give it a chance. In other words, why are people that aren't interested in the idea allowed to negate what people who are interested can do?

• Like 1

I think you're misinterpreting what others have said, River. They're not interested in EQG roleplay; this has nothing to do with liking or disliking the movie itself. If there is contrary evidence to this, please feel free to provide it.

I think you're misinterpreting what others have said, River. They're not interested in EQG roleplay; this has nothing to do with liking or disliking the movie itself. If there is contrary evidence to this, please feel free to provide it.

No, I'm just stating that I think the No's aren't really a good thing to take from this poll. It's not important who's not interested in EQG RP, this poll is supposed to gauge who is interested in EQG RP.

My concern was that people would not show interest in this either because they resist seeing it, or like you implied, lost of people haven't seen it yet. So, maybe this poll is just early? I think that EQG has potential to be its own spinoff, even in RP. But right now, its just too early to determine interests levels of it.

• Like 1

I agree, that's why I voted no myself. I did this from an administrative standpoint, because superfluous or unused areas make the forum look cluttered and dilute content. I liked the movie, even though I thought the visual character design stank. (And the toys they're trying to sell are even worse!)

That doesn't mean I'm against any roleplay of this happening, either -- just an entire section dedicated to it at this time is a bit early.

Maybe :/

I don't mind either way. If we do end up with an EQG Sub, I would personally just see it as every human high school themed RP in the convienience of one thread. Would it get anymore diverse than that?

Or is this Humanized everything?

I haven't seen EQG yet, but I know I may change sides after watching it. So I think we could've waited longer to have a poll like this. Opinions on this could be heavily influenced by opinions on the movie, instead of the idea for roleplay.

Take this, say you want something really badly, but due to unknown circumstances, you have to go without it. Then, days/months/years later, you're finally able to receive the object you wanted oh-so-badly.

Do you still the same about it as you did when you first desired it?

Without offering much more of my feelings on the movie than "this was a stupid way to compete with Monster High and the writers probably wanted to do something actually good", I'd say an entire section is a bit much. Know what else is as big, if not bigger than EqG in the fandom? Fallout Equestria.

And there's no subforum for that regardless of the many people on this site affiliated with it. Why do the same for what no one can seem to qualify as a canon/non canon movie?

There isn't a No big enough, loud enough or long enough to accurately convey how I feel about this. Darth Vader's ham 'No' would look like a little squeak compared to the No that would be required to show even one tenth of my feeling. Dr No would hand in his doctoral degree and change his name to Senor Si, when he encountered the first eight point three seconds of the No required to explain my opinion. There is not enough Nobelium (No) in the world to power a megaphone to shout for long enough to express the No that I wish to emit. In short. No. In long, see above.

As an RP environment, it should certainly be allowed. People should be encouraged to create their own stories and try new things in the FFA section. As its own separate subforum, no. I believe that it would be a very niche RP environment and would not warrant additional clutter in the front-page forum space.