Frenzied Factory Zone: Vaporization Department (Sign-up in OOC Thread)

Bellosh

Ha! Flitter knew Cloudchaser would be inspired by her motivational cheering! Although she hadn’t done any cheer-leading in an organized setting since she was in secondary school, Flitter felt she still had all the moves, plus it always gave Cloudy a huge and content smile for whatever reason. Enough about inspiration though, it was time for action!

The gray lavender pegasus charged at the cloud as soon as her spiky maned partner gave her the go. Closing her eyes and gritting her teeth, Flitter pushed as hard as she could with her forehooves, her wings flapping furiously, well as furiously as she could manage. She was more used to the slow controlled threshing that allowed one to lazily fly through the sky, or to create a gentle current for delicate Breezies. She never stressed her wings unless it was an emergency, like being really late for school or that one time they had to make a tornado, and usually they hurt for a while afterwards; how did Cloudchaser and Dash manage to be so fast all the time? Well no time to ponder on that now, the storm needed pushing!

Fortunately Flitter and her beau weren’t alone, the perpetually grumpy Colonel was suddenly assisting them and thanks to his added strength, the thunderhead was moving much faster, which was a good thing as it kept expanding as well. The question now was- Where to put it?

Flitter’s first notion was over the Everfree, as it was a relatively short distance and no pony lived there, but it wouldn’t be fair to the creatures that were completely innocent, even if they were occasionally troublesome. Then it dawned on her, the obvious choice! “Hey guys! I got it! The Nimbusgait Lakes! Let’s move it there and then we can stomp it into water so it won’t wander off!” The lakes were so huge that even if the entire storm was converted into water, it wouldn’t make the slightest difference, that, and they were really close by as Flitter was already catching her breath in exhaustion.

Hopefully the storm would cooperate with Flitter’s notion; it was expanding more rapidly as if it was about to burst back into a full size raging super cell. Already the lavender pegasus was again soaked through from the rains that began anew, beads of water spraying off her wings as she pushed ever harder. Only a little more distance…

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2zel84w.jpg

The three able-bodied members of Vapor Team just barely managed to squeeze the expanding thunderhead out of an opening before it became too big to escape. And thankfully, the two mares seemed to be envigorated by the assistance provided by Col. Pummel. Even so however, the lethal cloud only got harder and harder to push. Strong as he was, Pummel’s energy did not have an infinite well to draw upon. Sooner or later, it’d give out, and the same could happen with the two other mares too. The only question was now whether the three pegasi succeeded in pushing the thunderhead to a safe spot before their strength failed.

Elsewhere, in a weather factory office with a frightfully good view of the aerial drama, Sugar Apple managed to dig up a box of distress rockets. Seeing the volunteers’ valiant struggle, the Vapor Dep supervisor knew they needed way more help. With any luck, once Sugar fired off the distress rockets, more flight-worthy pegasi would be able to reach the scene in time.

Back at the thunderhead, the colonel painfully strained, sweat protruding from every inch of his form. Pummel may have been the most muscular, but he was also the oldest among the three. Any moment now, the stallion’s muscles would shut down.....

Sky Flare flew out of the Everfree Forest covered in cuts and bruises and with an injured leg but still surprisingly ok. He couldn't believe that he survived such a fall or for that matter being able to fly out of the Everfree on his own power.

"Mental note, don't mess with weather above the Everfree," he said wincing in pain a little. He was about to search for his friends pushing the cloud when he saw some rockets in the air, not fireworks but distress rockets. Something bad was going on at the Weather Factory, and the white Pegasus needed to find out. He flew as fast as he could towards the factory and when he got there he was in for a shock. There was a monstrous thundercloud that looked like at any minute the thing would blow. It wasn't a matter of if but when, and if this cloud didn't get away from the city, Cloudsdale and the ponies living there would be only a memory. There were only a few ponies pushing the cloud and he could tell their energy was waning fast.

"I'm here," Sky said to the military as he pushed on the cloud, taking care to miss the random electricity, "Just give me the place you want to get it to and I'll help you get it there."

• 4 weeks later...

Snickerdoodle groaned as the professor shouted at her to keep her awake. Her eyes fluttered open, but everything was still fuzzy. The thunderhead seemed to have vanished, somehow. Sitting upright and shaking the last of the cobwebs from her vision, she saw that somehow the remaining workers had manuvered the cloud outside. The vanilla custard mare tried to stand up, and then sat right back down again as another wave of dizziness swept over her.

"Ooh, anyone get the license of that wagon that ran me over? I feel like I got kicked by a mule..."

• 1 month later...
"Sounds perfect, Flit! Let's take it to the lakes!" Cloudchaser shouted out as she continued to push.

The cloud was expanding and becoming more unwieldy as they moved it through the sky. Chaser honestly worried if they'd be able to make it in time, but she shook the thoughts from her mind and pressed ahead. It was in letting herself doubt success that she'd fail. She knew that. She had to keep her mind set firmly on the task at hoof....

In time, there was nothing but the great and clear Nimbusgait Lakes below them. They had made it... but it wasn't through yet. Flitter was right. The cloud needed to be destroyed. If it was allowed to its own designs, it could become a massive storm and drift up toward Trottingham and do some serious damage.

"Come on now, let's smash this thing up!" she called out as she soared upward and then came down hard on top of the cloud with her hooves, pushing it down toward the waters.

"Frau Snickerdoodle!" Professor Krashkop neighed happily, "you are alive! Now vee have to get you some help!"

Watching the action in the distance, the elderly green Pegasus stallion could see the other Pegasi working hard to combat the weather situation. He wished he could be up there with his comrades, but realized that he had a more important job to do now. The Professor was not a medical professional, but in light of the fact none were in sight, he had to do the best he could to treat the young mare's injuries. First task, keep Snickerdoodle awake! The worst thing a possible concussion victim can do is fall asleep.

"I am so glad you are avake, fraulien! Can you tell me vhat you remember about dis incident? Perhaps vee can talk about someting else, can you tell me how you made dose vonderba cookies you served us earlier?"

Flitter didn’t know that much about thunderstorms, especially when it came to dissipating them and this one was particularly nasty, it had almost destroyed the prism mixing room and if it had, it would have been her fault; this monster was basically her creation. Still, she couldn’t dwell on that, not now that they had the storm finally over a safe place, now it was just a question if the two of them are enough to get right of this deluge once and for all.

Cloudchaser appeared confident in their ability to finally stomp the storm into water, at least to any pony who didn’t know her intimately. Flitter on the other hoof could tell when Cloudy was hiding panicked concern behind her brave statements just from the inflections of her voice, which only made the feeling in the pit of Flitter’s stomach feel even worse. Still, despite how terrible the situation really was, neither of them could give up now, not when they were so close.

Fortunately some extra help showed up, an orange stallion joined the fight, along with the old coronel, it wasn’t a lot but four was definitely better than two. With renewed hope Flitter made several pushes against the side of the storm, forcing the ever darkening clouds closer together, her mane and coat now completely drenched with water streaming off her body. It was becoming more and more difficult to compress though with reach push, “that’s it Cloudy hon, I don’t think we can make it any smaller, let’s try and stomp it into water, er I mean, we can definitely stomp it now!” Stay confident for her Flitter!

The lavender pegasus flew up above the storm and oriented herself to make a direct hit on the top of the storm, if anypony was going to do this, it was her, this was her creation after all, her responsibility; if only she had her goggles. “I got this Cloudy!” With a determined expression, Flitter barreled straight down at the storm, as fast as her wings and gravity could propel her.

It is a common belief that pegasai can always land on top of any cloud whenever they wanted, for the most part that was true, but there were exceptions. It all depended on the makeup of the cloud, where they landed, and most importantly, how hard they landed. Some clouds, like those that make up the floors of Cloudsdale homes, are designed to be parts of structures, so they are always a solid surface for a pegasus’ body to be on, but those made for weather are much less so. It isn’t usually a problem, unless you approach at high speed. At Flitter’s current velocity, she’d go right through a soft, white, fluffy cloud, but she was confident that this storm was dense enough she’d land on it with significant impact to cause a large amount of water to shake free as heavy rain.

Flittter was wrong, it wasn’t quite dense enough and she found herself plowing right through the dark mass. It was impossible to control her wings once inside, there was too much water, all she could do continue her downward spiral, finally exploding out of the bottom of the cloud with a column of water pouring out behind her. It was working, just not how she planned it, and for a brief moment she was excited until she realized she was still barreling towards the lake below and before she could attempt a break or swing upwards, Flitter splashed into the lake, a torrent of rain following behind her.

Pushing the lightning spewing clouds was no easy task. Sky Flare could move clouds with ease but movie a big one that shot a bolt at him every once and a while gave him a unique challenge. So as he pushed, he had to frequently break away as a bolt struck. In doing so he expended twice his energy and twice the time to get the cloud to its final destination. Finally though the group made it and Flitter made a dive for the cloud to bust it open. While she did manage to buts the cloud the mare did take a dive into the lake.

"Hey," the stallion shouted as he dove into the lake to rescue Flitter. The stallion found her and helped her surface.

"Wow, that looked like some wild ride you did crashing through the cloud. You ok?"

• 1 month later...

2zel84w.jpg

The efforts of Pummel’s group paid off; while the old stallion himself lacked the energy reserve to exert any more energy, the rain-soaked Pummel at least proved essential in getting the thunderhead to a safe distance. That allowed the younger mares to demonstrate their quality once and for all, by provoking the cloud to commence a premature deluge. For a moment though it appeared that one of the pair, Flitter, wouldn’t make it... until timely assistance came from somepony else who didn’t appear to have been one of the Vapor Team squad.

Shaking himself and his weather factory uniform dry as best as he could mid-flight, only one question remained in Pummel’s mind as he watched the storm safely pouring its contents down into the lake: where was Princess Luna throughout all this?

• 2 weeks later...

banner_luna_zpsd0aade62.png

She couldn't believe how long it had taken her, although she couldn't really keep track of time, neither. Who would have guessed that so many pegasus fillies and colts would have wanted to get Princess Luna's autograph at the sight of her purchasing several boxes of baked goods from the local bakery? Although she was delayed, she was very confident in the pegasus weather teams to continue working hard, hopefully at the betterment of the Colonel's better judgement.

When she arrived however, she glided softly through the factory ceiling, finding it rather empty from cloud debris, ponies lying around exhausted, some of them injured, and some of them standing with accomplished looks on their faces. The Colonel, who looked rather damp, was standing somewhat comfortably over the edge watching the excess water flow into the lake half a mile below. Luna, holding three boxes tied together with string from her mouth, landed next to him and set the boxes down. She looked confused, but overall happy to see everypony with the general emotion of relief. "Hello, everypony. Did I miss anything? I brought baked goods for everyone to have. These are only for the hardest workers here," she jokingly insisted. "There's jelly-filled donuts, three different types of cake, stratus pie (whatever that is), and nine different kinds of muffins. Help yourself!"

Luna couldn't identify exact what had happened, and was even afraid to ask, so she didn't. But from the look of all the ponies, it appeared it was best to let everyone take the rest of the day off.

Applejack.pnglunabuttonsig_zpsc23a2b97.pngshiningbuttonsig_zps6d87c176.pngflaxseed.pngGranola_Gracie.pngArrow_Plain.pngMiracle.pngRemington.pngSugar_Rush-1.pngCoconut_Lime.png

Cloudchaser smiled as she watched Flitter put her all into breaking the cloud, and then her smile went a little flat as her silly mare speared all the way through the cloud, putting herself in peril. Cloudchaser chuckled to herself briefly and then dove to the rescue... only for some other pegasus to get there and help her out of the lake first. This was mildly irritating. What was some other pony doing stealing her moment to sweep in play the hero and make her mare swoon. That just wasn't cool at all!

"Sorry, pal... but I've got this from here," Cloudchaser said with a grin on her face as she finished her descent, lifting Flitter up with her forelegs and flying away with her.

Cloudchaser nuzzled the mare affectionately, waterlogged as she was and smiled. "You were awesome, Flit, though looks like you almost went and overdid it what with the brief swim there..."

With that said, Chaser flew them back toward the others at the edge of the lake, just in time for Princess Luna to arrive. Putting Flitter down, she inched closer to the boxes of baked delights. "Ooh, perfect timing, Princess. After all that work, I certainly have an appetite..." she said as she eyed the jelly donuts. "How about you, Flit?"

Flitter didn’t think it was possible to be any more soaked, but here she was in one of the Nimbusgait Lakes floating a few feet below the surface. Fortunately for her it was easy to push herself back to the surface, as the same magic that allowed her and all pegasai to fly, made her pretty buoyant in the water. Still she didn’t know if she had the energy to summon to actually fly or simply have to slowly paddle to the shoreline in the torrential rain now pouring out of the deflating storm.

Fortunately for the lavender pegasus, another pony pulled her right out of the water, a white stallion with an orange mane who she’d had never seen before. Flitter blushed, partially out of embarrassment and partially because he was kinda cute, “yeah I think I’m alright. I just miscalculated how fast I was flying when I hit the storm. Instead of landing on it, I went through it, but hey at least the water is coming out!”

Just then Cloudchaser came down and picked up the drenched Flitter from the stallion’s hooves, Flitter gave her a relieved hug. Not that she was ungrateful for the stallion’s help, quite the opposite; it was just the joy of seeing her special mare was alright. As Cloudchaser carried her away towards the shoreline, Flitter waved back to the stallion with a bright smile, “thank yuuu!!”

As she watched the storm slowly fall apart over the lake, she sighed at the idea Cloudchaser thought she did ‘awesome’, “I dunno Cloudy, I guess I did alright, but I can’t help but think a lot of this was really my fault.” She gave a return nuzzle on the nose, “I should have been more careful; I am not experienced at this like your weather ponies, I should have listened more.”

At least Princess Luna had returned bearing gifts of delicious pastries of all kinds. Flitter didn’t feel that she deserved any sort of reward for what was really a near disaster even if the cloud making was up and running, not that she was going to sit there are sulk either. It turned out though as much as she wanted to follow Cloudchaser and grab a muffin, as soon as she touched the ground with all four of her hooves, the exhaustion finally caught up with her and Flitter promptly collapsed onto her belly.

2zel84w.jpg

Being an absolute health nut, Col. Pummel mentally questioned Princess Luna’s wisdom in bringing dessert products to the exhausted workers. If it were up to him, Pummel would have given his crew nutritious bowls of broccoli. Of course, ponies tended to enjoy eating poisonous sugary snacks due to their more seductive taste. But there wasn’t much Pummel could do in protest; after getting rid of a rogue storm, the tired stallion lacked the drive to get into another argument with Luna.

All Pummel could do now was show proper respect to his royal superior, and try to choose which supposed treat was the lesser evil to eat. Maybe he’d attempt to munch on one of the donuts. In a weird sort of way, that act would capstone one of the most frustrating yet noteworthy days in the colonel’s long, distinguished life.....

OOC: Thankies to everyone who participated in the Weather Factory RP. It was a very fun ride while it lasted. :RDash:

• 2 months later...

“I dunno Cloudy, I guess I did alright, but I can’t help but think a lot of this was really my fault. I should have been more careful; I am not experienced at this like your weather ponies, I should have listened more.”

"Aw, don't say that Flit. Things just got out of hand, and it was on all of us in the end. Don't take on all the blame yourself," Cloudchaser said in a soft voice, noticing how worn out her mare was. "Here. You really should eat some--" she moved to grab something for Flitter to eat and hopefully regain her energy, but before she could even grab a muffin for her, the sound of the pony slumping forward onto the ground reached her ears.

"Pfft... look at you..." she said as she walked up to the mare and nuzzled her. "Yeah... looks like it's time to get you home..." she said, smiling. She collected the other mare with her forelegs and lifted her upward. It was not an easy thing flying with another pony's weight, but she'd manage.

She turned to give a final wave to all the others and then, with Flitter in tow, began to fly off toward Ponyville.

Archived