Unpopular Pony Opinions

Oh yeah?! Well...Sonic Colours is a terrible game! :scared:

I personally find it annoying how "bronies" is a catch-all term to describe fans of the show. I think the label has changed over time for me. That doesn't make it a bad way to describe adult/non-target audience fans of the show, I just don't think it's accurate.

O-Oh yeah?! Well, uh, Fidget has fleas! 37ko.png

I definitely agree on 'if you like the show, automatic brony status' thing. I usually reserve the term for the fanatics that give me the heebie-jeebies.

You know what bugs me about Pinkie Pie? She has an episode where she learns a lesson about not being all crazy and annoying but then the next episode she acts the same way as she did before.

All the characters lose their development if an episode isn't about them, but Pinkie Pie is the worst offender.

Hmm my unpopular opinions... let's see.

-Rainbow Dash is my least liked Mane 6.

-Silver Spoon is the greatest filly.

-I <3 Cadance.

-Twilight's family felt forced as characters unlike all the other parental ponies introduced.

-Crystal Ponies are cuter when sad.

-I like Mysterious Mare-do-Well.

-Season 3 while short was still a good season.

-I find Ponyville boring & wish more episodes took place elsewhere.

-Unicorns are the best species.

-Spike episodes should stop happening.

-Critter episodes should stop happening.

• Like 1

Mine? Hmmmm...

-I prefer the name Vinyl Scratch over DJ Pon3

-I like Sombra and think his fan fic potential is amazing

-I ship Sombra and Luna

I agree with you completely on the Vinyl Scratch over DJ-Pon3. Whenever i see merch or anything revolving the character i tend to call her Vinyl over DJ.

Well, my unpopular choices?

- Applejack is my favourite pony.

- "Applebuck Season" remains my favourite episode so far.

- Fluttershy is my least favourite of the mane six, with Rainbow Dash coming in 5th.

- I find the title Pegasister to be rather ingenious

- Celestia is best princess, while Luna is worst. ( sorry Luna, but you were running against Twilight and Cadence for 2nd and 3rd. Twilight can go god mode when she wants not to mention shes the main character and I haven't heard you sing a song about thwarting an evil queens plans to steal your fiancé )

- I throughly enjoy Spike as a character, and look forward to his episodes.

- I dont like the CMC ( i find most of their antics to be rather annoying then cute )

- i liked the introduction of Flash Sentry in EQG

- When it comes to the whole Derpy situation... Well. I prefer the name Ditzzy Doo over Derpy, but overall im not as into her as the rest of the fandom is.

Favorite pony: Allie Way. 15 Seconds of screen time does not count. I like her purely on her design. Freaking beautiful.

Least favorite pony: Trixie. I have my reasons which are going to stay disclosed.

Pinkie- 9/10

Twilight Sparkle- 8/10

Rarity- 6/10

Applejack- 5/10

Rainbow and Fluttershy- 2/10 Rainbow and Flutter are to big on 4Chan right now. >.>

Favorite Filly/Colt: Snails. For almost the same reason as Allie.

Least favorite Filly/Colt: Sweetie Bell. I don't really need a dictionary very much.

-My favorite pony is Applejack.

-My least favorite is Rarity.

-Spike is hopeless, and I think it is just adorable.

-The CMC need to stop.

-All the good characters that are introduced disappear after 1-2 episodes.

-Discord is Q. I can't stop calling him that.

-Twilight got wings...now what?

-EqG wasn't a bad movie, the message was clear and the fun was there.

-Pinkie Pie is too Meta.

-Luna is ok, but I won't say she's the best princess.

-Flash Sentry is Twilight's love interest? Better get out the flac sheild....

-Cadance and Shining Armor need a child. That should be a story line.

I can't say much about it as I do have my many likes and few dislikes. What I can give are :

1. Spike's dragon code thing

2. Pinkie's randomness (not that much, just in certain parts)

3. Luna Season 2 (I sighed when I saw her, I miss her Season 1 form, she's just more d.amn beautiful in that way)

4. Keep Calm and Flutter On (I prefer to keep Discord in stone), but Spike at Your Service is the worst of all throughout the whole show.

5. In one of the comics, Hayseed Turniptruck is secretly a successful business pony, can't believe he could have been another of Rarity's love interest. I don't mind some love triangles or square, whatever shapes.

I'm actually a huge fan of Twilight becoming a princess. The idea of the "earning your right to princess status" over having necessariy been born into it sat right with me. I never especiay found it a mary sue quaity. Actually, it just seemed like a natural evolution to her character. I feel like the show had been dropping hints from the very beginning that Twilight was going to ultimately assume the role of princess. Namely, the fact that Princess Celestia took an unusual interest in her as a student. I think it might just be unspoken lore that every pony is born with the potential to be something special, but that not all of them necessarily exemplify all of the qualities necessary to succeed as a leader? From the finale, I was kind of gaging that Starswirl the Bearded could have possibily been Celestia's prize student in the past, with the potential of becoming a prince, or a male alicorn. However, the fact that he couldn't come to terms with understanding the fundementals of caring for others likely prevented that from ever happening --- hence her focus on pushing Twilight towards friendship rather than academic studies?

Either way. I like the change. It actually pushed Twilight into my favorite character spot. She grew a lot as a character from the very beginning, and I was ultimately satisfied with Magical Mystery Cure. I loved the episode. I wasn't bothered that it was a musical, and felt the songs were really strong, and memorable. c: Ultimately, for a one-episode finale, it was pretty epic! Better than I'd really anticipated.

I'm actually a huge fan of Twilight becoming a princess. The idea of the "earning your right to princess status" over having necessariy been born into it sat right with me. I never especiay found it a mary sue quaity. Actually, it just seemed like a natural evolution to her character. I feel like the show had been dropping hints from the very beginning that Twilight was going to ultimately assume the role of princess. Namely, the fact that Princess Celestia took an unusual interest in her as a student. I think it might just be unspoken lore that every pony is born with the potential to be something special, but that not all of them necessarily exemplify all of the qualities necessary to succeed as a leader? From the finale, I was kind of gaging that Starswirl the Bearded could have possibily been Celestia's prize student in the past, with the potential of becoming a prince, or a male alicorn. However, the fact that he couldn't come to terms with understanding the fundementals of caring for others likely prevented that from ever happening --- hence her focus on pushing Twilight towards friendship rather than academic studies?

Either way. I like the change. It actually pushed Twilight into my favorite character spot. She grew a lot as a character from the very beginning, and I was ultimately satisfied with Magical Mystery Cure. I loved the episode. I wasn't bothered that it was a musical, and felt the songs were really strong, and memorable. c: Ultimately, for a one-episode finale, it was pretty epic! Better than I'd really anticipated.

I don't think anyone had a problem with the fact that it happened - just WHEN it happened. That sort of change would of been better suited for the series finale (which if memory serves was Faust's intent). By having it happen right at the end of the third season, when so much more could of happened, cheapens the magnitude and significance of the transformation. Twilight hasn't done THAT much, even though her feats have been quite impressive, and so this is kind of like making an adventuring hero royalty for saving the kingdom a couple of times - an act that would be treated with great favour and praise, but not an immediate spot on the royal family tree (short of being promised a princess' hand in marriage), let alone the power of the gods.

I agree it felt like it happened a bit too early -- in fact I personally enjoyed Magical Mystery Cure as its own episode and treated the Princess thing as an afterthought. I am excited, however, because I think this will open an exciting new chapter for the story moving forward. It also demonstrates that no character is "safe" from a really big change, especially if it's a change to fundamental character design that can push more toys! :lol:

Twilight is just one part of the picture. FiM has plenty of other characters ripe for fleshing out, CMCs with cutie marks to get, new characters to meet, more Mane Six parents to see, and plenty of unanswered questions that need answering!

I don't think anyone had a problem with the fact that it happened - just WHEN it happened. That sort of change would of been better suited for the series finale (which if memory serves was Faust's intent). By having it happen right at the end of the third season, when so much more could of happened, cheapens the magnitude and significance of the transformation. Twilight hasn't done THAT much, even though her feats have been quite impressive, and so this is kind of like making an adventuring hero royalty for saving the kingdom a couple of times - an act that would be treated with great favour and praise, but not an immediate spot on the royal family tree (short of being promised a princess' hand in marriage), let alone the power of the gods.

Cadence did much less, had no formal instruction prior to her becoming an alicorn, and probably no education. She was an orphaned pegasus in some backwater village, unknown to the world until she ascended and was discovered by Celestia. Whatever triggers the transformation has some sort of conditions. Guess the writers thought that the dilemma in MMM had the right conditions for Twi.

We don't even know if Luna and Celestia were always alicorns. They could have earned it, if they did they did much less than Twilight. Or perhaps not, perhaps they did way more, we didn't get a good look at all the stained glass. Or maybe they just came from the heavens one day. We don't know, all I know is how to debate characters. And with that in mind those two, just... No real feats. Enough said there.

I knew Twi was being prepared. I was ready for her to get her reward instead of it looming overhead. If it was the finale of the series I'd leave ugly loose ends that pretty much demand some sort of follow up. Why do that when your character can get her ending, then through a final season wrap everything up with a nice little bow (I believe that this should be the last season)?

Tldr: alicorn ascension is still pretty much not understood by the fandom. I honestly don't think the writers even thought about it. IDW may have some canon for us, but ATM Twi is the only character other than Cadance that earned her pay "onscreen". And Twi still paid several times the dues Cadance did. I think it was a good move to change Twi now so that th series can have real closure.

------

OT

The only really unpopular belief I have is meta. Intent =/= execution. I don't care what the writers say on tweets and blogs, if it ain't in the show or comic, or data book, it ain't canon. Ambiguous staff statements are worthless to me. I just love how everyone jumped on the Twi isn't immoral bandwagon from the sentence "she won't outlive her friends" ha! That's so ambiguous! Especially when the only important thing we know about alicorns is that all four of them have a relationship with magical artifacts...

Oh I also don't believe that the element bearers are infallible in their elements, nor do I believe they are the best representations of their element.

Cadence did much less, had no formal instruction prior to her becoming an alicorn, and probably no education. She was an orphaned pegasus in some backwater village, unknown to the world until she ascended and was discovered by Celestia.

..when was this? Did I miss something somewhere in Season Three or somethin'?

I'd be wary of mixing canon from comics/books in relation to Friendship is Magic, the cartoon. Lore is already pretty vague/loose as it is, and not everyone follows the comics or other outside sources of lore. A good example of how these things don't match up is with the various "official canon" maps we've seen of Equestria. The one found from a promotion, the in-cartoon map, and the comic map are completely different.

• Like 1

I'd be wary of mixing canon from comics/books in relation to Friendship is Magic, the cartoon. Lore is already pretty vague/loose as it is, and not everyone follows the comics or other outside sources of lore. A good example of how these things don't match up is with the various "official canon" maps we've seen of Equestria. The one found from a promotion, the in-cartoon map, and the comic map are completely different.

the comic map actually lines up fairly nicely with the "official map" released. It just shows what is to the immediate south of where that map ends.

Here could be a VERY unpopular pony opinion:

Could the reason for the LONG delay in the start of S4 is that Hasbro is secretly having all the VA's working on the first season of a Equestrian Girls spinoff cartoon also?

:D:D:D

The only map I saw in the comics (not counting, the micro series was the forest of leota. That was on the otherside of the apploloosan mountains). The maps are already as barebones as you can get anyway. At best they are good for an idea of where everything is in relation to each other, rather than a perfect representation of the nation.

Thats before even mentioning that maps are amoung the most altered material in franchises with expanded canons. The maps may not match perfectly, but thats fine. As long as they arent contradicting lore. I treat it like Star Wars. primary canon overrides secondary, which overrides tertiary, etc... Certain items will be treated as exceptions.

It was talked about in Twilight's book. Im a lore pig.

I'ma just delegate to this post: