Unpopular Pony Opinions

Suited for Success is the most overrated episode of MLP

Art of the Dress is NOT a good song

I don't care about Derpy

I actually want to see some FlashLight in the future

I hope FlutterMac becomes canon

Unpopular opinions? Did Christmas come early?

*Clears throat.*

• Season 3 succeeded in neutering Discord and in a related way killed any good will I had for Season 4 in regards to the ending
  • Alicorn Twilight makes our adorkable little neurotic much less relatable
  • She was a Mary Sue beforehand though, so I guess this was to be expected
  • Equestria Girls was garbage that pretty much didn't add to the series in any positive way
  • The Flim Flam Brothers were pretty corny in an unamusing way
  • Too Many Pinkie Pies was a great episode for it's humor
  • The canon ending of Magic Duel doesn't involve Twilight winning at all; she imprisons Twilight and her friends and remains in power for an indeterminate amount of time
  • Flash Sentry is the most contrived teenage archetype ever and is a misfire of creative thought
  • Background ponies have undeserved amounts of attention
  • Derpy Hooves is lamest face of fandom and should not have been allowed to breed
  • Trixie, Lightning Dust and Rainbow Dash are two characters I love for their arrogance and ego trippin'
  • Applejack is grossly mishandled
  • Spike episodes generally suck
  • Hasbro could have worked things out and profitted well from Fighting is Magic and decided instead to work with american copyright law, which by the way, screws over the same people it claims to protect
  • I didn't like the Pets episode that much
  • Merriweather Williams could have done better with Wonderbolt Academy by using one of her previous endings
  • Luna Eclipsed Luna is best Luna, and her season one appearance is nothing more than early installment weirdness
  • A Canterlot Wedding was basically Mass Effect 3 in that it had no true ending brought about due to the actions of the protagonists, and the ultimate evil was dispelled with a big, bs blast of magic out of nowhere
  • Shining Armor and Princess Cadence are about as boring as the actual Royal Couple that got married around the same time
  • Best Night Ever is still the best season finale
  • Earth Ponies are the bottom rung of pony society and Celestia help you if you're born as one
  • The Apple Family lineage may have been created through an extensive line of inbreeding, due to the amounts of Apple-related talents and earth ponies within
  • Unicorns are the best pony race

Ahhhhh... Unpopular opinions... ^^ And now that that's done, I can go enjoy some ponies.

• Season 3 succeeded in neutering Discord...

So much Yes to this. Discord didn't need to be reformed, he was great the way he was!

• Background ponies have undeserved amounts of attention

Have to agree with this too. Some BG ponies have a good design, but the fans tend to over-hype them.

• Spike episodes generally suck

Yep. Spike at your Service was the worst, IMO.

I generally like the villains more than the heroes, but the only villain I really liked from MLP was Discord. That's probably because they're "killing off" all the villains, none of them last past 2 episodes or so, they are always defeated before the end of the second episode. Nightmare Moon was pretty much destroyed, Discord's been reformed now, Chrysalis was launched away, and Sombra disintegrated. Even Trixie has only shown up in two episodes (I think so), but she's kinda like Team Rocket from the Pokemon tv show, she's more of a nuisance than a villain. In other shows, the villain is a problem for anywhere between a season (or story arc or whatever), to the whole series, so they seem like more of a threat. They aren't always an immediate threat, but they're still there. The only big villain I can see coming back as a problem would be Chrysalis. Unless they want to create new villains every season, they need to stop making it impossible for the villain to be a problem again.

• Season 3 succeeded in neutering Discord

Can't help but agree here. He didn't need to be redeemed since in the first place as he wasn't ever really that malevolent. I've always viewed him as the same as the character they heavily took from in forming him: Q from Star Trek. Q could be arrogant, haughty, self-absorbed and entirely out for his own amusement and entertainment, as well as a highly disruptive and chaotic force - but that never necessarily made him 'evil'. Same with Discord. I never viewed Discord as being 'evil'. Just a self-serving trickster. Heck, Discord could of easily served as a 'neutral' character, amusing himself but in the process providing the necessary conflict for the protagonists to learn new lessons in life by dealing with this adversity.

• Like 1

I for one am tired of all the "Dark Pinkie" stuff going on x.x it was one episode geeze

And it gave a look into her Psyche.

Its highly possible she's Schizophrenic.

Can you blame the fans for taking it and running?

And it gave a look into her Psyche.

Its highly possible she's Schizophrenic.

Can you blame the fans for taking it and running?

What I took from that episode is that she's clingy and incapable of being by herself for longer than five minutes without throwing a fit. Sorta the same conclusion I derived from the Cranky Doodle episode.

If you compare her behaivior with the symptoms of Schizophrenia, They fit.

There have been studies on it... sadly enough.

People have also said she might be a sociopath... but meh. :/

I think there is a lot wrong with Pinkie.

Which just makes it so much more right. >:3

Or! She's just really, really clingy and people are reading way too much into it. If you correlate this with another study, called Occam's Razor, then you'd find that this is far more likely. And more right.

Seriously, diagnosing her as Schizophrenic because she's clingy and needy is basically like diagnosing a kid that's bored at school as having ADD. Oh wait, people already do that. Guess the fault lies with the poorly researched diagnostic studies.

I dislike the flim flam brothers... Besides that episode being a John Henry ode (that was nice) those two are 'A' grade jerks...

I like Babs Seed, she pusher her way in, but as now she had been accepted.

Sunset Shimmer didn't fool me with her waterworks... (a bawling jerk is a jerk bawling...) hope to not see her in the series, she's the biggest Mary Sue ever...

I support "FlashLight"

What I love is that you mentioned Sunset Shimmer being a Mary Sue when she's hidden in the shadow of Princess Twilight Sparkle. XDDD

The actual mary sue.

• Like 1

You know she is. We can easily tick the list down.

The favor of the most powerful being in the country. A family with a habit of birthing magic talents. A name that easily sets herself up between both Celestia and Luna's. More magic than practically anypony short of an alicorn. More book smarts than most ponies alive. Made friends early on, and then made more friends with minimal work. Regularly the end all, be all solution in a crisis (With the exception of Mass Effect 3, aka A Canterlot Wedding, and even that's debatable).

Became a princess at what is clearly a young age.

Twilight Sparkle, Mary Sue. :)

I don't like Rarity. I understand the complexities of her character, the whole greed vs. generosity thing, how she subverts the fashion character trend by creating rather than shopping, etc etc etc. I get all that. But she still feels like she walked out of a Weisberger novel. She's shallow, a jerk to her little sister and got off Scott free at the end of Sweet and Elite. "Dear Princess Celestia, thanks for helping me dodge that bullet". Even her element's debut in S1E2 just... rubbed me the wrong way.

I'd like to throw paint on her or something.

Any scene where Pinkie's mouth stretches to ridiculous proportions legitimately horrifies me. That scene where she devours a cake-batter shell of her own entire body haunts me to this day. I still have flashbacks to nightmares brought on by early 90s Kirby TV ads.