EQGirlCon: The Dance Hall (Registered Guests only)

QuickLime

Partyhallbannner_zps59913ab2.jpg

The Party Hall was perfectly set up for a night of fun and dancing! Off to the right to the left corner was the Bar, it was glass on the top and had lights on the bottom, which shined up through the glass to make any cup sitting on there glow..if it was also glass, it was perfectly stocked for Berry to do her business , and far enough away from the music to prevent headaches.

In the center of the room was the dance floors which was made up of white squares that lit up and pulsed in time to the music due to magic, and the DJ booth was a little bit away from the dance floor, complete with speakers, and all the equipment one would need with room for a performer to set up their own.

The square was rather big, and there was a few feet between it and the Snack area which consisted of 2 very long tables with tons of tasty edibles set out, plates on one side, silverwear right by them. One table was all snack food like sandwiches, salads, soups, pasta dishes, all that good stuff, while the other table was desserts. Carrot Cake, Cookies, Pies, ect you name it it was there.

There were various tables littered throughout the space for ponies to sit and put their hooves up after dancing too, overall it was a pretty fun party arrangement.

Dancehalldecal_zps7b30844d.jpg

lgcFVs.jpg Louise LaMare

[colour=#000000]

sml_gallery_475_9_45345.pngTankena[/colour]

250px-Ms._Harshwhinny_id_S3E12.png

Entering the dance hall are the rather mismatched trio of Louise LaMare, Ms. Harshwhinney and Tankena.

[colour=#008000]"We are going to have SO much fun-ski tonight!" [/colour]Tankena neighed as she elbowed the regal orange Earth Pony beside her, [colour=#008000]"Comrade Winnie, you need to loosen up! Live a little!"[/colour]

[colour=#FF8C00]"I am NOT Winnie and I do NOT need to loosen up, thank you very much!" [/colour]Ms. Harshwhinney snorted.

[colour=#8B4513]"Please don't quarrel, gals," [/colour]Louise LaMare pleaded as the brown Pegasus mare stepped between them. [colour=#8B4513]"Tankena, settle down and Ms. Harshwhinney, the whole idea behind this convention is to make new friends and have a good time."[/colour]

[colour=#008000]"DA! We will have lots of fun when I play my balilaika and bring in my homemade Apple Vodka and we all dance the hapkop and.."[/colour]

[colour=#8B4513]"Hold yur horses Tankena!" [/colour]Louise neighed. [colour=#8B4513]"First of all, I don't believe our hosts would want you to serve your beverage when the convention center is serving drinks. Second, unless our hosts ASK you to play, dance or sing, I wouldn't think it would be proper to do so."[/colour]

[colour=#008000]"But that is how we party in Stalliongrad! We drink Apple Vodka, dance and sing the night away! We party hard! Breaking cups, plates and tables and.."[/colour]

[colour=#FF8C00]"And you better not behave THAT way here!" [/colour]Ms. Harshwhinney interrupted. [colour=#FF8C00]"In case you haven't noticed, this is NOT Stalliongrad!"[/colour]

[colour=#008000]"You two take all the fun-ski out of party," [/colour]the green Earth mare groaned as she lowered her head.

[colour=#8B4513]"C'mon Tankena, don't look so down. We'll all have a good time tonight, wait and see!"[/colour]

[colour=#FF8C00]"That's one reason why I would NEVER award the Equestria Games to Stalliongrad! You're all just a herd of wild ponies who.."[/colour]

[colour=#008000]"No pony insults Stalliongrad!" [/colour]Tankena snorted, [colour=#008000]"I will beat you to a pulp, Ms. HarshWHIMPY!"[/colour]

[colour=#8B4513]"That's enough, both of you! Time to mingle with the other guests and socialize, ok?"[/colour]

[colour=#FF8C00]"Yes, of course Miss LaMare."[/colour]

[colour=#008000]"Da, I will mingle."[/colour]

[colour=#8b4513]"This is going to be Awesome," [/colour]Sweet Surprise neighed as she stepped into the dance hall. She loved everything about it the hoof tapping music, the colourful lights, and the food, oh the food! Before she decided to hit the dance floor, her stomach grumbled in protest.

[colour=#8b4513]"Oops," [/colour]she giggled, [colour=#8b4513]"can't bust a move on an empty stomach."[/colour]

She then began eying up the snack table, deciding what to try first. She then took a plate and balancing it on her head began to take a little of this and that and pile it on her plate. Most of the time however the food didn't make it on the plate but instead bypassed it, going right from her hoof to her mouth.

[colour=#8b4513]"Hmm... this food looks yummy. Tastes yummy too! But there's something missing." [/colour]

She pondered for a few seconds until a light went on in her mind.

[colour=#8b4513]"Oh I know what it is," [/colour]she said and pulled out of her saddlebags a tray containing a pyramid of little dark chocolate squares and set it amongst the food. On the top she put a sign that read: Super Creamy Fudgearific Extra Yummy Fudge!

[colour=#8b4513]"There we go," [/colour]she said helping herself to a fudge of her own creation before finding a nearby seat, [colour=#8b4513]"Now all can have one more thing to try!" [/colour]

Vinyl had awoken refreshed and ready for her big nights party with the mares of Ponyville and wherever else, any additional DJ Equipment she might require being held in a spark of unicorn magic summoned by her horn as she makes her way into the DJ Booth. It took a few minutes to set up her additional sequencers and such, but once she found herself satisfied that everything was within reach, she took a moment afterwards to rifle through her collection and found what she was looking for, prompting her to use the microphone nearby...giving it a small spark of life so that she could address the crowd of mares...and the one young dragon she could see hustling around wherever he might be needed, which still kinda amused her somewhat.

" [colour=#800080]Yo, This is DJ Pon3, an' I'd love t'start this party off RIGHT with a classic....[/colour] " she says, her wide grin as bright and enthusiastic as ever.

"[colour=#800080] Get yasselves to the dance floor, ponies...and stomp to the beat loud and proud - 'cause this is a track I think you'll ALL be right at home with on a night like this[/colour]! "

She floats the record over to the turntables, and starts it up - the room soon being filled with an upbeat track called 'Mares just wanna have fun!', a topical choice for this gathering.

Vinyl settled behind the decks and prepares herself mentally for a long but entertaining night...already pondering what her next track choice should be, and of her snacks for the evening!

9QqAB3q.png?2

It had been a long day for Moondancer so far, full of networking and snacking and gaming and lots of other fun things to do! Yet from where she stood, things were only heating up now that night was coming. Tonight there was going to be dancing... and who’d be providing the music? Why only Equestria’s best DJ of course; the mare aptly know as the awesome DJ Pon3!

As soon as the DJ inaugurated the nighttime festivities, the moon-flanked unicorn instantly hollered in celebration before abusing a teleportation spell to get to the dance floor. Moony's old magic counselor Ingrid Marie would have probably shook her head if she such a frivolous use of magic, but Immie'd also probably feel some pride knowing just how far her former student has come... or so Moondancer hoped.

Following a flash of magical light signifying her successful materialization, Moony was already showing off her wild flank shaking moves, which far from being graceful demonstrated just how much of a party animal the young mare could be. The girl knew it was only a matter of time before another mare came up to attempting dancing with her.....

8551964415_94230e5678_o.jpg

Fuchsia was more familiar with ballroom styles of dance. But waltzes and foxtrots didn't go well with the music that the DJ was playing. Instead, she chose to eat a few snacks from the tables set up to one side of the glowing dance floor. She floated a plate with a few sandwiches and a slice of carrot cake over to one of the small tables near the bar.

[colour=#800080]"Hmmm, a drink would be good..."[/colour] she thought to herself. Seeing the lovely glassware all lit up from below, full of tasty beverages provided by Miss Berry, Fuchsia chose one that looked tasty and brought it over to her seat. She munched her sandwich and took a few sips of her drink while she listened to the music and watched the other mares. If the DJ or one of the other musicians started playing a song with the right tempo, and if she could find a willing partner, she'd show these ponies how to really swing!

Carrot Top wandered into the dance hall, the hypnotic beat and the lights. There weren't many mares yet, except for a pony who was having a good time out on the floor, a pony enjoying a plate off tasty treats and a mare who was by the bar. She felt that maybe a drink and some good company was in order so she trotted over to the bar area to introduce herself to the mare.

[colour=#ff8c00]"Hi there," [/colour]she said to the mare, [colour=#ff8c00]"Need some company?" [/colour]

Meanwhile...

[colour=#8b4513]"Oh wow," [/colour]Sweet Surprise said as she sat contently at a table with an empty plate by, her, [colour=#8b4513]"That was the best party food I've had since... ever!"[/colour]

She wanted to go for seconds but she decided to wait a little as she listened to the sounds and watched a very energetic mare busting a move on the dance floor. The more she listened, the more Sweet Surprise's hooves began to move until finally she decided to give into the beat and head out on the floor herself.

[colour=#8b4513]"Hi there," [/colour]Sweet Surprise said to the mare who was wildly dancing, [colour=#8b4513]"Nice moves, but I think you need one other thing..."[/colour]

Sweet reached in a small saddle bag she had and pulled out what looked liked glass sticks, glowing with the same magical energy that illuminated the dance floor.

[colour=#8b4513]"Want a glow stick," [/colour]she said to the mare sticking two in her poofy peanutbutter coloured mane.

• 2 weeks later...
9QqAB3q.png?2

Moondancer didn’t miss a beat as a brown earth pony danced up to her and complimented her moves. The white unicorn would have thanked the other mare, but Moony merely smiled and danced as she waited to see what the earth pony wanted to give her. As it turned out, the brown pony had several glow sticks on hoof, prompting the moon-flanked mare to stop what she was doing to properly give thanks; “Those look neato! Sure, I’ll take a couple-”

L8tUHC2.png

“Oooooh, glow sticks!” Moondancer was too slow, for the infamous Derpy Hooves for the second time today cut right in front of the unicorn. Having just arrived on the dance floor after a productive naptime, the googly eyed pegasus couldn’t resist the lure of the luminescent contents within the earth pony’s saddlebag. Without so much as even asking, Derpy buried her head in the bag only to emerge with two glow sticks in her muzzle.

Putting one stick each behind her ears, the bubbly young mare eagerly said; “Thank you!” And then just like that, the blonde maned pegasus took off into the air and shook around to the beat, right above a confused-looking Moondancer.....

Vinyl was always pleased to see a crowd gathering onto a dancefloor - it was pretty much her favourite part of handling a gig like this, and the looks of content ponies gettin' down and into the mood was the one thing that made the Party mare happiest...it was literally the greatest part of her career, and something she knew would always be a highlight of a night.

" Good to see ya ponies out there tonight! The DJ says on the mic, grinning widely as she faded the current track out, fading the next one in with the professional ease that only came from the years of practice and experience that she'd developed. " I know you guys are jus' gettin' started, so let's ramp it up just a little with some of THIS! " - which is immediately followed by

kicking in, perhaps not necessarily as in-theme as the first, but Vinyl knew that when it came to theme evenings like this, an all-theme track-list could wear a crowd out on it quickly...it was best to try and keep a little variety in between the relevantly themed musical tracks!

Anyway, it seemed as though the track itself would play for a l'il while...so Vinyl decided to go and hit the buffet table to stock up on supplies...it was the most sensible idea.

Mingling with the crowd was always a good idea anyhoo...mayhaps one of them would have a suggestion or two - since she DID have an extensive supply of musical delights tonight!

Tankena, Louise LaMare and Ms. Harshwhinney listened to the music DJ Pon3 was playing.

"Dig dat crazy beat-ski!" Tankena neighed as she tapped her back hooves to the beat. "Not quite Stalliongradian rock 'n roll, but I will dance anyway!"

Soon, the green Earth Mare was doing the hiskop in the center of the dance floor, much to the sagrin of her two roommates.

"That wild mare's dancing is deplorable!" Ms. Harshwhinney shouted. "I happen to know the PROPER way to dance to this particular music!"

"You do?" Louise asked.

"Of course I do! I once saw Twilight Sparkle perform a dance at a Canterlot Garden Party, and if her dance is good enough for Canterlot Royalty, it must be the best dance in the land! Watch and learn, feathers," the confident orange mare said as she walked into the center of the dance floor, shoved Tankena aside, and began to mimic Twilight's dance, flailing her front and back legs randomly as she stuck out her tongue while doing it. This caused both Louise and Tankena (who was lying on the floor) to shake their heads in disbelief.

"What is with her?" Tankena asked, returning to Louise.

"Who knows? Wanna grab something to eat?"

"Da! This is good idea!" Tankena neighed, following her Pegasus friend to the snack table. "LOOK OVER THERE! THEY HAVE GLOW STICKS! I WANT GLOW STICKS TOO!"

"Settle down, Tankena. Why not have something to eat first."

"You are right, Louise," The green mare acknowledged moments before she piled up a plate high with food and then ate it all up quickly, (Pinkie Pie style). "There! Food is eaten, now glow sticks!"

Louise just shook her head as she watched Tankena begin searching for the source of the glow sticks. Quietly, the brown Pegasus mare fixes a plate of food while Ms. Harshwhinney continued her insane dancing in the center of the dance floor.

Sweet Surprise smiled as the wildly dancing mare was excited of her offering of glow sticks. Before she could give them, a grey pegasus suddenly had her head stuck in the chocolate pony's saddlebags, pulled out some glow sticks, and started dancing into the air with a quick thanks.

"Um... you're welcome," Sweet said still a little dumbfounded before turning back to the moon flanked pony, "Anyway, I have a couple of colors. Yellow, green, orange, pink, and oh, I even have a few purple ones here too. By the way, my name's Sweet Surprise. What's your name?"

Sweet then noticed that a rather formal looking pony appear on the dance floor and suddenly began to dance the strangest way that the earth pony mare had ever seen! It looked like something between a pony throwing a tantrum and a chicken. Then a green Pegasus approached along with an earth pony, one who Sweet spotted coming in with the strangely dancing mare.

"Hi there. Um... is your friend alright? Is she doing some kind of new dance move?"

" Oh sweet, they got celery an' PB here! " Vinyl exclaims, as she floated a little helping of each onto her paper plate, her eyes lit up but hidden behind the shades perched precariously in front of them as though by magic. She loved a good buffet, and a party like this was all about the snackfoods that would help build up a little energy for ponies to wanna get up and dance. She'd already acquired a {slightly less than} healthy selection of delicious treats, snacks and foods and was making her way to a table near the stage, but close enough to the crowd for them to come over an' say hello if they so wished...she didn't wanna be crowded in the middle of an event however, hence why she'd taken something of a more distanced approach to her mingling tonight for the time being.

The track was one of her own favourites, and she couldn't help but bob her head a little to the sound of the beat and the tempo of the music - this was one of the things about what she did that she loved the most, MC'ing shows all over equestria that would brighten the day of any pony who was a part of it, and helping to create memorable times for all that would stay with them for years to come, no matter who they might be or where they came from. It wasn't often that she could afford to take a break from her show, though, since she normally packed a small edible lunch that would keep her going through the night, but it seemed like since the food was already on offer here and so close by that she could afford to be a little less diligant about it...

Her mind wanders a little, as she eats her plate fulof deliciousness...watching as the plethora of ponies dancing and chattering so casually around her continued on, just enjoying the atmosphere and the feel of a gathering of mares in the middle of a hugely feelgood event as they celebrated on into the night, looking forward to whatever the evening would bring each of them!

9QqAB3q.png?2

After getting a hold of herself, Moondancer made an attempt to bond with the glowstick-equipped mare named Sweet Surprise, as she usually did in such situations. Giving a friendly smile, the mare started out her proper introduction by saying; “Oh, my name’s Moon-”

L8tUHC2.png

“I’m Derpy Hooves, but you can call me Derpy!” Before Moony could extend a foreleg, the hovering pegasus from before swooped down in front of the white unicorn and grabbed Sweet’s hoof herself. “You make glowsticks for a living?” Derpy speedily asked while in the middle of her all-powerful hoofshake; “Or you just sell them? Either way, you’re pretty sweet!”. As for Moondancer, she could live with the interruption by spying her DJ idol munching on snack food. Maybe later, the young mare could hang out again with the awesome Vinyl Scratch.....

Fluttershy entered the dance hall of the convention hesitantly. Yes, she had told Rarity that they could 'mingle' with the rest of the mares here... but that didn't make it any less difficult for her. Big social gatherings triggered her anxiety in a big way. But, she was holding firm, even if her fore-knees wanted to knock together.

Fluttershy was, of course, dressed in one of Rarity's latest creations. Her green skirt had a repeating motif of pink butterflies, like her cutie mark. Her top was a lighter green, made of a light, gauzy fabric. The slippers on her fore-hooves matched the skirt in color.

The yellow mare looked around the room, seeing other ponies already enjoying themselves. The music was loud, but not oppressively so. She noted a few others dressed as she and Rarity were, others went without. Fluttershy's heart tried to seize up again, seeing the room filled with unfamiliar ponies, but she forced herself to relax. She was determined to make it through this night, for her sake, and for Rarity's.

Fluttershy turned to the white unicorn at her side, and asked, "So, um, what do you want to do Rarity?" She had no real idea what to do in a setting like this, and was hoping for Rarity to take the lead. Yes, Fluttershy wanted to overcome her nervousness and enjoy the night, but she didn't plan to get far away from Rarity, at all...

((I really have no idea if I'll change the colours for Celestia, for now everything will be in black and white, so sorry everyone))

Celestia had heard of a "Girl Con" happening in Ponyville, unfortunately due to her schedule during the day of it's start, she was unable to make an appearance. She did consider going for the sake of mingling with everypony, even if it was just the mares, in a relaxed setting. She didn't have much hope of catching the main festivities of the first day. However, she had heard there would be an afterparty of sorts. Celestia always did enjoy a good party, especially one where anything could happen. So often she was stuck in humdrum parties like the Grand Galloping Gala and the Canterlot Garden Party. Upper class stick in the mud parties. She enjoyed talking with ponies fine, but those parties always seemed monotonous, and not very fun, especially if you've been going to them for 1000 years.

Celestia set off for Ponyville, naturally telling the castle guards where she would be, and they need not accompany her, as there would no doubt be security at the con. She rather not be there in an official capacity. Besides, what could possibly happen in the town where her student and friends live? It seemed silly to take such strict precautions.

She saw the lit up hall and made her landing right in front of the door. Slowly opening the door she made her way in carrying herself in with her head held high, as if she was meant to be there. After all she didn't really register for the con... She knew her subjects would welcome her, and even be overjoyed in her presence, but she still felt that it was a bit uncouth, but fun, to 'crash' an event that you were not expected at.

She, upon entering, instantly saw a few ponies she knew, Rarity and Fluttershy were right there, as well as Moondancer who interns at the School for Gifted Unicorns, and is known to many as a friendly and fun unicorn. This made Celestia smile, knowing that she made the right choice to come, a few familiar faces, and many more new faces that she could enjoy the company of.

Celestia approached Fluttershy and Rarity who were still deciding on what to do. "Greetings Rarity and Fluttershy. Your dresses looks spectacular as always." Celestia greeted the mares. "I'm really looking forward to having a fun night with everypony." Celestia didn't wish to be forceful and Fluttershy looked as timid and ever. "There is no need to be nervous Fluttershy. Just relax and have a good time." Celestia smiled, but knew with the right motivation that she would have as much fun as any other pony.

"I tink Comrade Harshwhinney is three bits shy of bushel!" neighed the green Earth Pony near Sweet Surprise. "Forgive please, where are my manners? My name is Tankena, and I would like to purchase Glow Sticks! How do you make dem, if it's not trade secret? This is Comrade Louise LaMare! She is famous author! I read all her books! They are fun-ski!"

"Hello there, I am Louise LaMare, very pleased to meet you," the brown cowpony hat wearing Pegasus mare said.

As Ms. Harshwhinney continued her unorthodox 'Twilight Sparkle inspired' dancing, she immediately halted when out of the corner of her eyes, the orange Earth mare spotted Princess Celestia! Zipping through the crowd, Ms. Harshwhinney came to a screeching halt in front of the Royal alicorn, immediately bowing in her presence.

"Your most royal majesty!" she neighed loudly. Now seeing Princess Celestia in the room, both Tankena and Louise LaMare briefly stopped their conversation with Sweet Surprise long enough to bow to show royal courtesy.

Before Sweet Surprise could respond to Tankena or hear Moondancer's full name, the same grey pegasus that rooted through her saddlebags for glow sticks suddenly dropped down and began to shake her hoof with the force that was more expected to be from an earth pony than a pegasus. The blonde mare was an interesting pony, with her eyes and the way she acted, but she wasn't one to judge. After all some ponies probably thought that the chocolate mare was weird! Tankena was also an interesting pony with an accent that she never heard of in Ponyville or Canterlot. Finally the pegasus introduced her friend Louise LaMare, apparently an author.

"Oh hello Tankena, Louise LaMare, Derpy and Moon... I didn't catch the rest of your name but maybe later! Nice to meet you alll. Hope you're all having a fun time. I know i am! Nah, I make chocolates and candies, not these glowy things. I wish I could, then my bedroom could be decorated in a rainbow of awesomeness! I actually bought these at a novelty shop in Canterlot before I left for Ponyville. After all, what's a party without dancing? You can have some for free if you want. I bought a whole saddle bag full of them! Oh and check out this cool thing."

With that Sweet Surprise reached into her bag and pulled out pairs pink, green, blue, and purple glow sticks, sticking one pair in different places in her poofy mane and the other pair in her equally poofy tail.

"Now I look like Princess Celestia," she said gleefully as she danced a little, her mane and tail having a similar color scheme as the Princess of the Sun thanks to the glow of the glass tubes. She then heard the crazy dancing pony say something about a "royal majesty."

"Yeah, that's what I mean," Sweet Surprise said confused a little. That was until she saw the real Princess Celestia enter and she bowed, forgetting that the glow sticks were still illuminating her mane and tail.

"So, um, what do you want to do Rarity?"

Rarity chuckled at the question that came to her as they entered the convention dance hall. Her dear friend really was hopeless in her anxiety. She shook her head and gave a small sigh.

"Honestly, Fluttershy, when it comes to this sort of event you just need to carry yourself naturally. If you can't do that, you'll never have any fun with it," she said.

Her eyes began to seek around the room, spotting a number of familiar faces, including Derpy, Moondancer, the official from the Equestria Games and DJ Pon3, a DJ she had hired for fashion shows in the past. Familiar faces were good, as they would help cool the nerves of her pegasus companion. They just needed to get to mingling and just maybe Fluttershy would be able to actually have some fun for once.

Deciding to make a beeline for some of her old friends, Rarity stepped ahead. "For now, we should just--" She cut herself off abruptly when a certain pony stepped toward her and Fluttershy then.

"Greetings Rarity and Fluttershy. Your dresses looks spectacular as always. I'm really looking forward to having a fun night with everypony."

It was none other than Princess Celestia herself! Rarity stopped in her tracks and bowed at the regal mare's feet.

"Your Majesty! I am truly humbled. Your words! They are far too kind!" Rarity said with reverence, planting a few kisses at Celestia's hooves.

Spike had been chillaxing at the snacks now for a l'il bit- his plate full of gems that had been kept aside, along with a few of the select nice l'il treats and tidbits that were readily available for everypony - for the moment, it seemed like things were going pretty well, from what the youngster could see...it wasn't really his most common time of night, normally, but he made an exception for when his friends were around...Especially when Rarity was here for him to offer assistance as much as dragonly possible - owing to helping QuickLime, he'd not been able to catch up with her earlier during the day but he had resolved to make good before he slept! {he wasn't entirely sure when that was gonna be, but he was doing everything he could to stave off the sleepy feelings....he was doing KINDA okay, honest!}

Now seemed to be a good enough time to go waltzing over there to go see if the Fashionista or anypony with her needed anything - since Celestia had just arrived, he would also clearly have to offer his personal assistance to her too...afterall, it seemed only fitting for him to do so at the same time as everypony else - and he reckoned it'd put him in quite the favourable light with rarity, to boot!

" Heeeey, Fluttershy....and, uh, Good Evening Rarity - and Celestia, It's a pleasure t'see you here too! " the youngster said, approaching the ponies with his usually cheerful grin and youthful strut...which, sadly, didn't take account of the slippery surface of the floor below, which led the young dragon to wind up flailing as he struggles to maintain his balance, before falling flat on his face, spilling his plate of goods beside him - gems and food scattering around the dragon as he lay there nose-down, tail-up, a small utterance of a groan as he got back up to his feet and looked around, a small embarrassed chuckle escaping as he does so.

" Uh, yeah - ignoring...that little slipup...is there, uh, anything I can get you girls? " spike says, rubbing his snout for a moment. " QuickLime asked me to help out, so...this is me, offering to help! "

To be fair, it wasn't exactly his best spiel, but he was still pretty enthused by the whole situation...and even if he'd had himself a small trip, he was still determined to play his assigned role in tonights endeavours!

9QqAB3q.png?2

Both Derpy Hooves and Moondancer paid renewed attention to Sweet Surprise as she explained to them, and another group of three party-goers, how she made chocolate instead of glowsticks. Digging into her bag again, Miss Surprise inserted move glowsticks into her mane; in fact, the apparent chocolate maker looked just like Princess Celestia now. Derpy particularly was delighted, as she saw a rather tall mare who looked like the princess too!

Moondancer of course could instantly recognize the real Princess Celestia from years of attending the alicorn’s namesake gifted unicorn school. There was a time long ago when the moon-flanked unicorn would have bowed down to Celestia like the other ponies. As she grew older though, Moony grew more confident in her ability as a judge of character… and from Moony’s observations of the solar princess, her intuition told her that Equestria’s ruler was anything but uptight. Far less so than Counselor Marie, anyway.

And of course, the time Moondancer now spent volunteering at her old alma mater ensured she’d run into Celestia upon occasion. As a royal sighting was hardly a big deal to her anymore, the young mare simply greeted the newcomer the same way she typically did at magic school. Waving a foreleg in the air, Moon warmly shouted; “Hiya’, boss!”

“Now wait a second,” came a skeptic voice coming from an airborne googly-eyed pegasus; “Which one of you guys is the REAL Princess Celestia?” Evidently it got in Derpy’s head that if somepony could replicate Celestia’s mane with glowsticks, this other mare found an even more elaborate way to pull off that look. It never occurred to the gray mare to look for the wings.....

8551964415_94230e5678_o.jpg

Fuchsia could have kicked herself when she saw two mares come in wearing very fashionable dresses. It hadn't occured to her to change before coming down to the dance. She turned to go back up to the green leafy room to put on her beaded peacock blue semi-formal gown, the one with the almost scandalously short skirt that sparkled in the light when she danced. Before she could get to the stairway, another mare entered the ballroom. Correction, another princess. Fuchsia stopped dead in her tracks. First Cadence and Luna, now Celestia herself? She started looking frantically for a bouquet of flowers suitable to offer, but then realized that the princess was here informally, just like the others. And besides, she had the rose that Cadence had politely refused still tucked into her wavy pink mane. What to do, what to do?

Celestia had stopped to talk with two mares, the ones in the lovely dresses. Some of the other mares had also noticed the royal guest and were paying their respects. Fuchsia decided to use this distraction to make a discreet exit up to her room to change into her favorite dancing outfit, and maybe find a suitable bloom to offer the princess as a gift.

Once back in the room, she shimmied into her beaded gown, removed the rose from her mane, and replaced it with a peacock feather fascinator. Laying the scented rose on her pillow, she rummaged in her flower baskets, looking for the perfect flower. "Ah hah!" She cried, as she found a beautiful calla lily that hadn't been put out with the others. She cast a spell on it, causing it to glitter like gold when it caught the light. She normally used the Gilding the Lily cantrip on wedding bouquets, but it would work for this occasion as well.

Returning to the ballroom with the golden lily, Fuchsia chose a spot a little off to one side to wait for the princess' attention before offering the glittering flower as a gift.

Vinyl had been half way through a bunch of lettuce an' lemongrass salad, a salad she was in fact rather fond of, when her eyes caught a glimpse of a familiar face...well, okay, there were bunches of familiar faces in here, she admitted - but the one that had drawn her attention RIGHT now was that of Princess Celestia, a presence she'd not even been told was planned to turn up...well, this certainly made the event a l'il more high profile than it had been...if that was even a possible thing!

" Guess I'd better get my hooves back on deck! " she says with a smirk on her features, giving a small stretch as she floats her plate of assorted bits and pieces beside her and trots back to the stage, settling behind the equipment there to prepare for the next track to be played for the masses...maybe something a little more high-energy to get everypony going!

She rifles through the selection, setting them aside as she looks for the particular disc she needed -

was a little something that had gone down in canterlot so well that Vinyl had no qualms in giving it a spin amongst the crowd down here in Ponyville...afterall, this was a party, and she was entirely the one in charge of the music for this particular block of time!

" Yo, everypony! " Vinyl speaks into the mic, the disc now settling into the spare turntable slot as she addresses the audience. " this one is pretty much a favourite back on the club scene, but I figured I'd smuggle it in for a l'il attempt at makin' sure you ponies don't go without some of the best rockin' tunes in all of Equestria - this is a fast paced l'il number with a chilled overtone...so I wanna see all you pon's out there gettin' your hooves down to the dance floor an' enjoy yourselves! "

And with the flick of a hoof, and a spark of the horn...the next track of the night began to play for the gathering of mares {and the one dragon!} in attendance, as the night continued on!.

• 4 weeks later...

(ooc): Time to get this thing rolling again

When Tankena and Louise LaMare rose up and saw the way Sweet Surprise had 'decorated' herself with glow sticks, they couldn't help but laugh.

"That could be a new fashion statement," Louise said with a giggle. :"I see Rarity over there, maybe if you show her this new look, the two of you could start a fashion trend!"

"Da! That is good idea, Comrade LaMare!" Tankena agreed. Meanwhile, Ms. Harshwhinney was now nervously trying to impress Princess Celestia. She didn't want to get off on the same 'wrong hoof' that she did with the other two Princesses in attendance.

"Your majesty! It is a true honor to be in your presence! the overly eager orange mare neighed as she galloped towards the Princess of the Day. Along the way, Ms. Harshwhinney tripped over her own feet and fell flat on her belly. Her face turned beet red with embarrassment..

"NNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" she shouted as the Earth mare got back up on her four feet and galloped out of the hall, crying all the way.

"Oh no!" Louise LaMare shouted.

"This is terrible! We must go help Comrade Harshwhinney!" Tankena shouted as she and Louise immediately followed Ms. Harshwhinney out.

(exit Ms. Harshwhinney, Louise LaMare and Tankena)

Celestia is no stranger to attention or parties. However, it was rare for her to find herself at a modern dance party like this, and the hoof tapping music that was playing made this rather evident. However this was going to be even more fun, at least to her.

"Your Majesty! I am truly humbled. Your words! They are far too kind!" Rarity said with reverence, planting a few kisses at Celestia's hooves.

This wasn't the first time that Rarity had thrown herself at her hooves. Celestia looked around somewhat flourished by Rarity's display of affection. "You are very deserving of any praise you receive Rarity. I would not have asked you to design the dresses for Princess Cadence's special day otherwise." Celestia spoke with a regal air as she lowered her head so she could whisper into Rarity's ear. "By the way, you are kissing my hooves again, but this time, we are not alone in the room at Canterlot Castle..." Celestia always preferred to give praise than receive, and Rarity gave far more than she felt she deserved, which is to say, Rarity gave far too much. However, Celestia supposed that was part of her generous nature, she could only hope that her words would embarrass Rarity a bit so that she would at least stop kissing her hooves.

" Heeeey, Fluttershy....and, uh, Good Evening Rarity - and Celestia, It's a pleasure t'see you here too! "

"It's a pleasure as always Spike. I trust you are taking good care of Equestria's newest Princess." Celestia knew that Spike was Twilight's closest friend, and would always be there for her.

" Uh, yeah - ignoring...that little slipup...is there, uh, anything I can get you girls? " spike says, rubbing his snout for a moment. " QuickLime asked me to help out, so...this is me, offering to help! "

Celestia smiled, not wanting to call attention to the little slip and fall. She thought about making a joke in jest, but decided it would be in poor taste, especially since that little laugh showed her that he was already self conscious about it, so instead she levitated the plate and what was spilled back onto it. "Thank you for your kind offer Spike, but it seems to me that you have your claws full already." She said as she levitated the plate back to the baby dragon. "Please, do not over work yourself. This is a party, you should be having fun as well." Celestia said with a smile.

“Hiya’, boss!”

Ah, one of Celestia's former pupils and current intern at her school for gifted unicorns. "Hello Moondancer!" Celestia said with a bit of energy. There was something about Moondancer's personality that always made Celestia smile. "I see you are enjoying the party as always." Celetia really loved the young mare's energy and passion. These were the things that made her invaluable at the School for Gifted Unicorns.

“Now wait a second,” came a skeptic voice coming from an airborne googly-eyed pegasus; “Which one of you guys is the REAL Princess Celestia?”

Celestia let out a chuckle, looking at Sweet Surprise's mane. "I can see why you would be confused." Celestia still chuckling a bit. "Her mane does bare a striking resemblance to my own with those glow sticks weaved in it. It is a pleasure to meet you, I am Princess Celestia, and you are..?" Celestia had never met the grey coated mare with the blonde mane, but she looked like she was having fun.

"Your majesty! It is a true honor to be in your presence! the overly eager orange mare neighed as she galloped towards the Princess of the Day. Along the way, Ms. Harshwhinney tripped over her own feet and fell flat on her belly. Her face turned beet red with embarrassment..

"NNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" she shouted as the Earth mare got back up on her four feet and galloped out of the hall, crying all the way.

"Oh no!" Louise LaMare shouted.

"This is terrible! We must go help Comrade Harshwhinney!" Tankena shouted as she and Louise immediately followed Ms. Harshwhinney out.

Was that... Ms. Harshwinny? Of the Equestria Games... Celestia thought to herself, very confused at what had just transpired. She knew that she had a presence, but not one so imposing to scare off a mildly embarrassed mare, especially one like Ms Harshwinny whom Celestia had always heard was rather proud.

Sweet Surprise looked at the strange grey Pegasus who asked who the real Princess Celestia was. Even with the glow sticks in her mane and tail, it was clear which pony was an Alicorn. She wondered if the mare had trouble seeing things. Before she could react though, the pony that was once dancing wildly tripped and fell before the Princess. It was an honest mistake, something that anypony could have done, but then the embarrassed pony suddenly took off with Tankena and Louise LaMare following behind.

"Um... ok then bye," Sweet said sad that her chance to meet some new ponies was cut so short.

"Oh, you like my mane," Sweet said to the Princess happy that Celestia wasn't upset impersonating her slightly, "I just kind of did this on a whim. Couldn't really hold these glow sticks in my hooves while trying to dance. Would you like some, Princess Celestia?"

Archived