Wearable Art (Open)

Lux

In the Market District of the Crystal Empire there is a small building carved out of a larger amethyst crystal. Above the door is a sign that reads "Wearable Art Jewelry Store" The two store windows that flank the entrance gives only a taste of what lies inside, displaying a few beautiful pieces of jewelry to entice ponies to come inside. Inside the store there are several crystal shelves lining the walls and several glass cases, all displaying a glittering display of jewelry from the simple to the elegant. There are bracelets, necklaces, bands and pieces to be worn in the mane and tail, chest pieces, and even a diamond studded tiara in one case that appears fit for a Princess.

Diamond Cut finished making the last minute preparations in the store checking every jewelry piece to make sure it was situated the right way. Presentation was key in jewelry as much as crafting the pieces. Satisfied with the look of the store he trotted to the entrance, flipped the sign over to Open, and waited for the customers to come in.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

(ooc): Hope you don't mind if some tourists visit the shop

201px-This_One%27s_Too_Old_2_S2E17.pngMr Waddle

150px-Too_smelly.pngPigpen

Arriving by train from Ponyville were a large number of tourists, among them, Mr. Waddle and Pigpen. As the elderly stallion opened his tourism brochure, it was the younger shaggy unkempt stallion who spotted a sign several blocks away.

"Wearable Art Jewelry Store!" Pigpen read outloud, "let's go there, Mr. Waddle! Sounds like a great place to start our day of sightseeing here in the Crystal Empire."

"I agree, my eager young friend!" Mr Waddle answered. "perhaps I could find a nice jeweled tie clip there!"

Moments later, the two Earth ponies entered the store.

"Greetings, young fellow!" Mr Waddle neighed to Diamond Cut.

"Mind if we look around? The both of us came from Ponyville and we love art of any kind."

The telltale ring of the bell above the door signaled the arrival of a customer. As he trotted from the counter to greet them, Diamond Cut could see that these two ponies were not Crystal Ponies. His excitement was peaked as this was a chance to meet ponies from a different land and hopefully be able to sell one of his fine treasures.

"Greeting to both of you. I am Diamond Cut, owner and geologist. May I ask what your names are? It is an honor to meet two ponies who are visiting from another land. You said that you are from Ponyville, what is this place like? Oh and where are my manners, of course you may have a look at the things in my store. Everything you see is hoof made by me and is one of a kind."

Diamond became aware of a certain odor from one or both of the ponies, like they just rolled in a fresh pile of trash. Was this a common thing for those living in Ponyville to smell like this? He didn't want to offend, hoping that if worse came to worse he would just open a few windows to air out the store.

"I'm Mr Waddle, and this is my friend Pigpen!" the elderly stallion said, "yes, we're from Ponyville!"

"I'm a Sanitation Engineer back home!" Pigpen boasted. "You sure got some nice things here! I also have an Antique shop too!"

"Yes indeed, it's a very nice shop! Even Princess Luna and Princess Cadance once visited it!"

"Do you ever get any royal visitors here, Diamond Cut?"

"Well it is nice to meet both of you," Diamond said with a smile. He was particularly interested in the Sanitation Engineer, which he knew meant a pony thatdealt with the garbage. It seemed that the pony salvaged items to sell at his antique shop.

"Well I'm sure you shop has some nice things. Perhaps if i travel to Ponyville I will stop by there. You said you met Princess Cadence? I have heard about her but she hasn't come to my store nor has any other royal pony. Perhaps one day they will."

For a brief moment the stallion fantasized having one of his jewelry pieces worn by a Princess. Who knows, maybe he could design a tiara for them! It was a lofty dream, but something that could possibly happen.

"So, what is life like living in Ponyville? I admit that I'm not familiar with places outside the Crystal Empire."

"I would very much welcome such a visit, sir," Pigpen said with a toothy grin, "Ponyville is a lovely town, and so is this one! Never seen so much shine! On the walls, on the buildings and even, if you don't mind my saying so, on the ponies here too!"

"I agree with my friend," added Mr Waddle, "the Crystal Empire is quite beautiful! I've never seen such wonders in all my years!"

"Say, Diamond Cut, what do you have in the way of diamond tie clips? Mr Waddle here's been looking for one."

"Yes indeed, that is true. May I see your selection?"

"Why yes, I guess it is a nice town," Diamond Cut said. Admittedly, he knew the place he grew up in was nice, but not knowing the towns and cities outside the borders of the Crystal Empire, the pony could never compare it to those.

"I guess you haven't seen a Crystal Pony before in Ponyville either. Really I haven't seen any non-Crystal Ponies here until recently. You two are actually one of the first at my store."

The elderly pony then asked about tie clips. Now was a chance for the jewelry store owner to show his artistic skills. The pony only had a small amount of things for male ponies like pocket watches, but he had at least some things to show.

"Ah, well I can see that you are a pony that knows what he wants, and i think I have a few tie clips," Diamond said as he went behind one glass case and pulled out a velvet display box containing several tie clips of different styles and with different gems, "I think the yellow gold ones would work for you, and i happen to have three of them here."

One of the clips had a circular design, one triangular, and one a square. They were simple yet nice looking, perfect for a stallion wanting to add a little sparkle to their attire.

"Oh my! These look wonderful!" Mr. Waddle neighed in delight.

"Those do like nice," Pigpen said, "and you're right, Diamond Cut, we haven't seen many Crystal Ponies in Ponyville. As I recall, we did get a recent visit from an older Crystal Pony, I think she said she was a librarian. Do you remember her, Mr. Waddle?"

"Indeed I do! I think her name was Tilly Tome. I heard she visited the Ponyville Spa and was a bit overwhelmed by all of the modern appliances. I guess much has changed here in a thousand years."

"Sure has! If you don't mind my asking, has being brought back to modern times affected you and the other Crystal Ponies?"

"I'm glad you like them. All my jewelry is one of a kind although if somepony wants something i made before, I do save sketches of what I've done before. Any of those tie clips calling out to you? There are some who say that a particular jewelry will stand out among the group, making it the right choice."

Diamond Cut heard about how there was one Crystal Pony who these two did see in Ponyville.

"Tilly Tome? Oh yes, I remember her. I see her all the time when I am in the library. She is very helpful in finding things."

The Crystal Pony thought about the fact that he and the other were trapped in their own world.

"Although I can't speak for the others like me, I find that I am still trying to adjust to changes in the world. We were cut off from the rest of the world, even time itself. And then just as this happened we were returned to this world, only it was very different from the one I knew of. So yes, I am still adjusting, but hopefully I can travel to other places just as you did coming here, and then I can get a sense of this world that is both similar yet different."

"Well Diamond Cut, you're always welcome to drop by my Antique Shoppe if you're ever in Ponyville," Pigpen said with a smile.

"Indeed!" added Mr. Waddle, "I believe you and other Crystal Ponies would find Ponyville a lovely place to visit. Oh my! So many wonderful tie clips! It's hard for me to decide which one I like the most. Do you have a mirror so I can try some of them on to see how they look on me?"

As the elderly stallion asked his question, Pigpen's pet flies flew into the store and began to orbit the unkempt stallion's head.

"Hay guys, where were you? Out exploring?" Pigpen asked before turning to Diamond Cut. "Have to ask, I know there's lots of crystal things here in the Crystal Empire, but do you also have crystal flies? Haven't noticed too many bugs around here."

"Thanks," Diamond Cut said to Pigpen, "I'll be sure to stop on by."

The Crystal Pony realized that he forgot to provide a mirror for the pony!

"I knew i forgot something. Let me get you a mirror."

When the pony returned, he could see that flies had now circled the trash collecting/ antiquing pony. To his surprise the pony acknowledged them as pets.

"You have flies as pets? That's interesting. I'd expect something like cats or dogs rather than flies. Anyway feel free to use the mirror for seeing how the tie clips look on you sir."

"Thank you, young stallion," Mr Waddle said as he began to try on clips and look at himself in the mirror.

"Well Diamond Cut, these flies keep hanging around me so much, that I've sort of adopted them," Pigpen started to explain, "For some unknown reason, they like being around me so I trained them to do simple tasks. Would you like a demonstration?"

"I like this one, but that one's nice too," the elderly stallion said, pointing to one pin with a diamond in the center and the other with four smaller green jewels in it. "How are these two clips priced?"

It didn't take a genius to know why the flies were buzzing around the earth pony. The stallion has a sense of odor to him, which was not horrible but not pleasant either.

"Your flies can do tricks? I guess I would love to see what tricks they can do."

The elderly pony then presented Diamond Cut with two typed of tie clips. Now came the topic of prices, something that was always tricky to do.

"Well the one with the four emeralds is twenty bits, and the diamond one is thirty."

[spoilers] Not sure how much things cost in Equestria, so I'm taking a wild guess.

Pigpen squealed with delight, clapping his front hooves together to summon his pet flies.

"Alright guys, let's show'm what you can do. How about the good ol' loop to loop?"

The files gave one buzz of approval as they flew upward towards the ceiling. Then the group began flying in a set, roller coaster like pattern, in a loose circular manner.

"I can have'm do this with a firy hoop in the middle, but I don't wanna show off too much," the unkempt stallion said with a smile.

"I do like both of these," Mr Waddle said as he held up the diamond pin, "but I like THIS one the best, and thirty bits is a fair price!"

Diamond Cut watched as the flies did indeed seem to perform several loops and turns.

"Never thought that you could train flies. But it is neat though."

The Crystal Pony was happy to see that the elderly pony had made a decision. It was hard to decide seeing that there were many great treasures that the stallion created.

"I'm glad you like it. Before I ring this up, can I get you two anything else?"

"I do have something else I'd like to purchase," Mr Waddle said as he moved closer to Diamond and then spoke in a softer voice, 'I do have a certain mare that I'm quite fond of, and would like to surprise her with a fine gift."

"Whoa Mr. Waddle, YOU have a crush?" Pigpen asked in amazement.

"Please Pigpen, not so loud. I haven't even... told her yet how I feel..."

"Hay, I'm not trying to give you a hard time about it, I think that's great!" Pigpen neighed as his loyal flies now flew above the head of the elderly stallion, remaining stationary as they now formed a large 'heart' formation.

"Stop that! I don't want to advertise my feeling like that!"

"Sorry about that, ok guys, break it up," Pigpen said as the flies now returned to orbiting the smelly, unkempt stallion's head.

Diamond was surprised when Mr. Waddle wanted to speak in secret to him. After all, it was just the three in the shop. But then the Crystal Pony learned that it was because of the elderly pony's special somepony. The pony however was not too happy that his friend was announcing Mr. Waddle's love to the world. Curiously, the elderly pony hadn't declared his love to this pony yet.

"Well let me be the first to congratulate you for finding the love of your life. And don't worry, your secret is safe with me. So let me guess, you want something that you can show how much you love her, right? Well, I think I have what you are looking for. But first I need some information about your special somepony. Does she like a certain type of jewelry like a necklace or bracelet? Also, do you know what her favorite colors are? This way we can find the perfect piece for her."

Now Mr Waddle was visibly blushing.

"C'mon Mr Waddle, tell us who she is," Pigpen insisted as his loyal flies were now circling his head.

"She's a mare I met over at the Retirement Home," the elderly stallion said. "And I believe she'd fancy a necklace, and her favorite color's pink."

"Now you got me curious," the unkempt stallion said with a smile, "now, who do I know that lives over at the retirement home..."

"What would you recommend, Diamond Cut?"

"How nice that you have found somepony. I think I do have something that she would like."

The Crystal Pony stallion went over to a nearby display case where several necklaces rested upon a black velvet cloth. Diamond looked at the group until his eyes settled on one in particular. He pulled out the necklace and then brought it over to the elderly stallion. It was a silver necklace, not overly flashy but still very elegant looking, with a pink rose quartz carved in the shape of a heart and outlined in silver hanging from the silver chain.

"Here you are. What do you think of this one? Do you think your special somepony would like this?"

Mr Waddle's face lit up when he saw the beautiful necklace.

"This is quite lovely! I know she will adore this!" the happy elderly stallion neighed.

"Wow Mr, W, you really must like this mare a lot to get her such a nice present!" added Pigpen.

"Yes indeed! How much is it?" Mr Waddle asked as Pigpen's flies flew by as if to give their approval.

"See that? Even my flies love this gift! You can't lose!"

Diamond Cut smiled when he saw the look of Mr. Waddle's face. It was a look of pure satisfaction that the right jewelry fit the right owner. Diamond believed that the right jewelry would call out to its owner when the time was right, and sometimes this would take a while of searching while other times it was instantaneous. In this case the first choice was the right one.

I'm glad you like this one. I had this in my shop for several months and despite my attempts, I just couldn't give it a proper home. But I can see you love it and I hope your mystery love will love it too. As for the price, because it is a necklace and the details of it, this will be more than the tie clip. So, does one hundred bits sound like a fair price?"

"That's a very fair price, young stallion!" Mr. Waddle neighed as he reached for his money bag. "I just KNOW my lady fare will love it!"

"I'm going to guess who it is, Mr, W!" Pigpen neighed as he stratched his head with his hoof. "Is it, Auntie Applesauce? I know she's got some issues with her false teeth fallin' out all the time, but she's about your age."

After the shaggy stallion asked his question, the flies circling his head flew over Mr. Waddle and formed a large question mark in the air.

"No, it's NOT her and you flies stop doing that!"

"I got more guesses, but while I'm here, Diamond Cut, I just got me a pet raccoon named Rascal from Fluttershy. Would you happen to sell jeweled pet collars?"

"Wonderful," Diamond Cut neighed, "I'm sure that your special somepony will love it. Let me wrap this up in a nice box for you so you can give it to her. I'll even have a tag on it for you to write on it."

As the pony placed the necklace in a nice box with tissue paper and proceeded to wrap a ribbon around it, he couldn't help but chuckle at how Pigpen kept trying to guess the identity of Mr. Waddle's mysterious romantic interest. even the pet flies seemed to get in on the action! Pigpen then asked a very strange question about a jeweled collar for a pet raccoon! Was that something that ponies did in Ponyville, keep interesting animals as pets?

"Well I have pet collars for dogs and cats if that's what you mean, but ponies have pets like raccoons in Ponyville?"

"Yep! They sure do!" Pigpen announced loudly as the flies began to orbit his head again. "My new pet raccoon's name is Rascal, I just got him from Fluttershy. He's been great to have around the ol' junkyard! You'd be surprised what he and I have in common!"

"It is true," added Mr. Waddle, "in Ponyville, all of the ponies do their best to care for all of the animals in our area. And the strange thing is, those animals genuinely seem to understand us! Are there many feral animals here in the Crystal Empire?"

"Yeah, I'd like know that too! No offense, but I don't see any flies here in the city. If you have flies, would they be Crystal flies? I saw vendors here selling crystal berries and corn, if you have plants, you're bound to have bugs too, including flies, right?"

"Fluttershy, huh," Diamond Cut said, "Never met her but then again I'm not sure if she's even been here. Does she own a pet store or something?"

He then heard from Mr. Waddle that the animals could understand ponies.

"That is interesting that animals can understand ponies. As for animals, there aren't that many here, probably because of being too cold. There are Crystal Sheep which are in different colors. Some ponies make fabulous dresses made from their wool. I've heard of polar bears and snow foxes, but they don't seem to come into town. As for flies, I don't think I've seen many here. Maybe it is the cold, even though the Empire itself is nice. Maybe I should find a pet for me. I heard crows like shiny objects, which could be good or bad being in this store. Anyway, let me see if there are any pet collars here."

Archived