Shipping

Rosewind

Ah, this thread's back!  Never got around to posting in it before....

I'm always a sucker for good ship fics, though I'm not sure if any pairing's between canon characters really jump out at me.  I like Shining x Cadence, though that hardly counts :razz:

Prince Blueblood, of course, is severely under-utilized.  I'm shipping him with leo's Star Crusader on the boards, but there's a few other pairings that might work out:

Blueblood x Chrysalis - Something of a political match; I have a feeling that Auntie might consider it a bargain price for peace, Blueblood would be grateful to nab one of the few available Royals, and Chryssie would have absolutely no trouble in breaking him to her will...

Blueblood x Derpy Hooves - I've read a couple very cute fics about this pairing; It's kind of grown on me

Blueblood x Gilda - I like to imagine the Prince has a secret contempt for the stuffy high society around him, which has turned him into something of a misanthrope (misequinite?); he would match well with someone who had an open contempt for it

I'm not actually much of a fan of Blueblood x Trixie; a pairing of two egos like that is more likely to be a disaster than anything else.

Of course, if Princess Bluebelle is a thing, all bets are off ;)

P.S.  Is it bad that I read some of those OC lists as if they were menus?

• 1 month later...

I am a bit of a shipper, yeh. Mainly with Fluttershy tho.

FlutterHugger is best ship, in my humble opinion.

DerpyShy is also gud.

Best of all is FlutterDerpyHugger.

also marbleshy is just so cute i cant

• 2 months later...
On ‎26‎/‎08‎/‎2013 at 3:39 PM, Rosewind said:

We need a shipping award, but what would be the criteria for winning it?

0zQrI5x.png

for ferrying cargo between the Atlantic at the fastest pace?

I'm sorry..

I am an emotionless robot who doesn't actually ship. I just like seeing romance progress naturally through the show, most shipping comes of to me as- in this situation, X and X HAVE to fall in love..."

Cheesepie is adorbs~

SpikexRarity is cute if it's seem as a childhood crush (kinda strange if it's an actual romance b/c age difference)

ChrysalisxSombra is one I love.  

• 3 months later...

While I am open to ideas of ships of others I tend to prefer ships that make sense, socially. Like if those ponies interacted often, they'd be able to ship.

I am fond of DiscordxLuna, certain comics showed a rather interesting dynamic between them that was quite nice.

I don't mind the CelestiaxDiscord ship, but I am strongly against the ones that show her haphazardly in love with him due to her sealing him or his hypnosis. Since I follow the comics their would be more something that develops over time, as they are now.

DiscordxTwilight is pretty circumstantial on its own. Time and tolerance are always a factor of any relationship. 

One ship I'll never refuse is Captain Jack Sparrow x The Black Pearl.

I have heard of him

Addendum; I think any ship works if it is socially sound. Eg I'd never ship DiscordxTirek for most obvious General Ackbar reasons.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 years later...