Insula Errata - Part I - Unkown Shore [Closed]

Ciraxis

(Sorry for not posting, I had literally nothing to say.)

Pyro continued writing the letters as various ponies came and went. He was about halfway through one of the letters when he noticed that the fire had started. Pyro stared at it for a bit, missing his magic. Pyro sighed and continued working as one of the ponies came back and started helping with the letters. The stallion left not long after, treading a couple of rocks into the sand as he went. Pyro sighed again and started towards the stallion. Pyro stopped and went back to what he was doing as the stallion fixed his mistake, setting the stones back on top of the sand. Pyro just made it back to where he had left off when Fire called them together. Pyro let out an exasperated noise and carefully made his way to the group. Pyro looked around at the group as Fire spoke, asking what they should do next. Pyro shrugged, not sure where he would be helpful without his magic. It's not like he was experienced with survival situations, and this was his first time having to do without any magic at all.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dunder looked up and realized they were all gone. He groaned as he got up, still sore from head to hooves. Slowly, he trotted after all of them, noticing Swift was struggling to carry that large crate. He didn't hear a request for help, but as he approached, the pegasus heard the unicorn's remark. "Then next time why don't you ask for help before trying to show off." Dunder retorted, not knowing that Swift had asked, it's just that Dunder didn't hear.

As Swift struggled with the box, he heard Muggo' and smiled, "Yeah! Totally! Got the marshmallows right here." He said and chuckled. "Ugh... I don't think I can stomach any more sugar after all that soda last night. Well, what can ya do with free drinks?" He added and chuckled, "Considering how everything on the boat was fancy, I doubt we'll find any marshmallows...Which would have been the perfect celebration for getting the fire up. Marshmallows, crackers, chocolate bars...Like how we used to..." He looked down and smiled at the memories of their traveling. But the reminiscing was broken as the top of the crate was popped open.

Dunder trotted over, peeking inside. It seemed to be stacked full of non-perishables. He examined some of the cans, diced peaches, pineapples, beans, ravioli, assorted vegetables...all canned. When he heard Swift's suggestion, the stallion wasn't so sure. He didn't know about anypony else but he wasn't hungry at all. "We can cook these in the tins." Dunder said, "But I won't be able to do much more than just heat up the cans without a pan. Anyway, that's not top priority, as Fire said." Dunder replied to Swift's question and agreed to Fire's remark. "I think we are all pretty set on the hungry-business. We should push of eating for now, the food isn't going anywhere and the food-packing industry cans these things to last..." He said, examining them. They all seemed to fare well against their ride in the ocean. "We should save them for only if we need them, who knows how well our food situation is going to be." He thought aloud. He gazed off at the tree-line for a second until he heard Fire's line of questioning.

He turned and looked at her, "We should split up, we need to get a good look at this island, something tells me we might be here for a while..." Dunder suggested. "Maybe Swift and I head into the trees, see what the situation is on this island. We can both defend ourselves... speaking of defending ourselves..." He turned to Swift, "Maybe you should give each pony a knife, Celestia knows you are way too armed for a casual cruise anyway. Now we might all need to rely on eachother to survive." He told the unicorn before looking away and starting to pace, "And Aside from scouting and setting up shelter, probably have some ponies scavenge at the wreckage? We found this crate, maybe we can find some other useful items. Probably Muggo', he's not as strong since this island is impeding the magic, but he's still strong. And if Swift and I are away, he'll be able to do a lot of heavy lifting with some of the other stallions." He sounded like he was thinking aloud for everypony to hear. "And since Fire is also trained and a good Fighter, if she stays close to shore, she and sompony else might be able to go find some materials to build a shelter with. The jungle here looks thick, I don't know if we will be able to live in it. I guess that's while we'll be scouting."

As the party approached the small camp, Pressy couldn't help but notice a familiar looking stallion galloping towards them. Was that who she thought it was ? It was Quillhart, a stallion she had befriended at the Grand galloping Gala! She opened her mouth to give him a greeting but she was surprised by the sudden outburst from the young writer.

The mare was taken aback by the sudden bombardment of questions, her smile was already starting to fade especially after the first question. Quill and anypony else could hear the hint of irritation in her voice,"L-look, Quill these ponies didn't do anything ta me so don' call them bru--" she was cut off as she lost her balance with the pegasus who was helping her stand being pushed aside and replaced by the earth pony. This action let her reflexively put her hoof down and put her weight on it which made her wince sharply in pain before pulling it back up. She sighed and looked to Fire, "Thanks, Fire I'll remember ta talk to you... to be honest I think I'm gonna need somepony ta talk too soon..." she said as she tried to keep up with Quill's questions.

"ugh... okay I'll try and answer those in order. I was on the boat. I was in my cabin most o' the trip because o'... seasickness. My nose cause o' a problem a crab had with me. One. No. I am a little thirsty... and... hold on what?" she said arching her brow at the second to last question. The mare thought a moment, she hadn't really kept tab on her magical power before since she barely used it unless she was in predicament but now that she thought about it... she did feel somewhat drained in a way she couldn't quite explain. When the earth stallion asked his final question he did seem more like the pony she met at the gala.

"Well... I've been better... but I'm sure I'll be great once all o' us are outta here."

Quillhart calmed down as his heavy mind was slowly put to rest. He knew that Pressy was safe and thinking about what could happen filled no proper function. A relieved smile grew on his face and this time it wasn't a fake one. Quilly was truly happy that the mare was there with him and he found how his heart became relaxed while he watched her answer the questions. "Well, at least you're here." The stallion said absently and watched Pressy with dreamy eyes; not fully aware of what he was saying. He opened his mouth as to say something more but was interrupted by Squall.

"Don't jump to assumptions." he said coldly before coming even closer. He pushed the writer with his chest and stared at him. Not only Squall was older. He was also taller and much more muscular.

"And .Don't. Push. Fire. Like. That. Again." he punctuated each word for emphasis while glaring through Earth Pony glasses. Swift was very intimidating when he wanted to be. That said, he couldn't be angry on one of his friends for too long.

"That's said, the lack of our magic which this place forces on us it's taking it's toll. And unconsciousness after the storm wasn't refreshing for anypony either. It's making us act unreasonably. We should find water and some food and then take rest before we do something stupid." noblepony said.

With this conclusion he returned to the crate.

The sudden voice made Quillhart go quiet and he quickly looked in the direction of its source. Squall looked taller than usual and his muscles seemed to be suspended but the worst thing was his voice. Quilly had never heard the stallion using his most threatening voice before and it was certainly threatening. The stallion appeared to shrink in size and his ears laid back, like they do on a scared cat, when Squall bumped into him. "S-sorry, Squall... I was just worried..." Quillhart managed to stammer out when his friend turned away and left him slightly shaking. As Swift walked off Quill recovered and a glimpse of venom and contempt flashed in his eyes. "Din arrogans ska straffas, hycklare." He mumbled hatefully in his native language towards Swift's back, loud enough to make only him and those around him hear it if they listened. It didn't matter if they heard it. They wouldn't understand anyways. Quilly watched Fire trot off and and he decided to take care of Pressy. "Sorry for being so... paranoid." The stallion said shamefully before he placed himself so that he could support her leg as he did his best to help her.

He felt a bit weak but he was strengthen by his saying and anger. "C'mon Pressy, let's take you to the fire." Quilly said and was careful to not let out his current anger towards Presteza. They began to walk forward and Quillhart began to tell the mare about their situation. "There are some things you'll need to know", he said as friendly and kindly he possibly could, "We are on an island but we have no idea which or where. We are currently making up a basic camp and are searching for supplies, which you saw back there. We all are suffering from some kind of magic or something that is totally draining the magic for the unicorn and the flying ability for the Pegasuses as well as decreasing the strength from us earth ponies, as you might feel." Quillhart realized that he began to sound very short and cold. He took a deep breath and smiled at Pressy. "Don't worry though, I'll make sure nothing bad will happen to you. You tell me whenever you need anyhting." The stallion said just before they reached the fire. Quillhart noticed that the rest of the group was gathered there and he gently helped the mare to take a seat by the fire Muggo had made.

He heard how the group was talking about splitting up into teams and he felt his input was necessary now. His survival instincts had kicked in when he suddenly felt an urge to protect Pressy rest on the top of his head and the adrenaline pulsed through his body. "We'll need a leader. It's not the most urgent thing now but it will most likely come a time when we'll need to relay on somepony's ability yo lead. As for the other: I volunteer to build the shelter." Quillhart announced. He didn't say it, but building the shelter would most likely put him in a position were he could look over Presteza.

As Swift struggled with the box, he heard Muggo' and smiled, "Yeah! Totally! Got the marshmallows right here." He said and chuckled. "Ugh... I don't think I can stomach any more sugar after all that soda last night. Well, what can ya do with free drinks?" He added and chuckled, "Considering how everything on the boat was fancy, I doubt we'll find any marshmallows...Which would have been the perfect celebration for getting the fire up. Marshmallows, crackers, chocolate bars...Like how we used to..." He looked down and smiled at the memories of their traveling. But the reminiscing was broken as the top of the crate was popped open.

[snip]

He turned and looked at her, "We should split up, we need to get a good look at this island, something tells me we might be here for a while..." Dunder suggested. "Maybe Swift and I head into the trees, see what the situation is on this island. We can both defend ourselves... speaking of defending ourselves..." He turned to Swift, "Maybe you should give each pony a knife, Celestia knows you are way too armed for a casual cruise anyway. Now we might all need to rely on eachother to survive." He told the unicorn before looking away and starting to pace, "And Aside from scouting and setting up shelter, probably have some ponies scavenge at the wreckage? We found this crate, maybe we can find some other useful items. Probably Muggo', he's not as strong since this island is impeding the magic, but he's still strong. And if Swift and I are away, he'll be able to do a lot of heavy lifting with some of the other stallions." He sounded like he was thinking aloud for everypony to hear. "And since Fire is also trained and a good Fighter, if she stays close to shore, she and sompony else might be able to go find some materials to build a shelter with. The jungle here looks thick, I don't know if we will be able to live in it. I guess that's while we'll be scouting."

"Happy thoughts, b'y. I miss the ol' campin' much as you do. But we got stuff t'worry about here first," he warned Dunder. Muggo' Ale knew the moment then lost hope, and started to get discouraged about the possibility of rescue, well, nopony would come to rescue them. They had to keep cheerful about the situation, all of it, even the weird weird island and the lack of everypony's various magical abilities. At the mention of getting the wreckage and crates, Muggo' snapped a crisp salute. "Can do, b'y. Looks like an overturned lifeboat upstream some o' us might'a been on before the waves threw us out. Anypony want to come with me? We can go check it out, bring back anythin' we find?" he offered to the whole group. It wasn't much, but he hated feeling useless.

As the group gathered together and began offering suggestions, Scrollwork took the time to listen to them. All good, sound ideas and while he found the suggestion of splitting up a little disconcerting he could see the wisdom in it, especially as they had a definite, easy to find meeting point.

"If I may volunteer to assist with the beach search? I feel I wouldn't be very much use if something untoward did happen in the jungle and I would like to see if there are any river-mouths that might be accessible. If we can find a river our fresh water concerns are gone and we may even consider following it towards the source to find an existing settlement?" His hooves were animated as he put his own suggestions forward, indicating along the beach then snaking left and right as he spoke about the river.

"While I am neither military nor ancient I might also suggest that we keep our first shelter disposable or nomadic until we do have a definite supply of fresh water then make a long term decision." He sighed heavily as that last statement sank in, then continued, "it might be dangerous to invest a lot of energy and resources in settling down and then have to move it all in a week."

Seeing the attention he had, he tapped his front hooves together, "The disclaimer I must add of course, is that these suggestions are all 'book-learning'. If there is a more efficient, and up-to-date method for building a camp I will of course follow that." Scrollwork nodded his head toward Fire Walker and Swift, giving a visual accompaniment to his words.

As others in the group began to speak and put forward their ideas, Scrollwork began crudely sketching in the sand. Buffalo tents and lower, rounder versions, presumably from other points in pony history appeared at his hooves.

"We are on an island but we have no idea which or where. We are currently making up a basic camp and are searching for supplies, which you saw back there. We all are suffering from some kind of magic or something that is totally draining the magic for the unicorn and the flying ability for the Pegasuses as well as decreasing the strength from us earth ponies, as you might feel."

"Don't worry though, I'll make sure nothing bad will happen to you. You tell me whenever you need anything."

"We'll need a leader. It's not the most urgent thing now but it will most likely come a time when we'll need to relay on somepony's ability to lead. As for the other: I volunteer to build the shelter."

The young mare took a pause, she closed her eyes and tried to focus her mind. While actually channeling her magic in any normal setting was insanely difficult for her, she was at the very least able to feel her own magic power. Concentrating and focusing for a few moments she realized something did indeed seem off. The best way she could describe how her magic felt was... far away; like she knew it was there but it was far out of reach.In regards to her strength she actually felt fine, the only issue that prevented her from getting up and stretching her legs was the fact one of them was sprained.

In regard to Quill's words about taking care of her she felt a bit apprehensive. One of the bigger reasons she left her parent's manor in trottingham so she wouldn't have to be waited on every moment of the day by servants and not be allowed to take care of herself. She understood Quill meant well but his ideas of protecting her were already rubbing her the wrong way. His mention of shelter while it was a good idea she wasn't sure how good she'd be considering the kind of labor involved in it.

"Well, Quill I Feel pretty good.. despite my leg. I was thinkin' maybe I could help look fer stuff on the beach and don' worry too much about me. Also I kinda think that pegasus... "Moto" was her name right? would make a good leader!"

• 2 weeks later...

"Don't worry Sir Squall, he obviously didn't mean to hurt me. We're old friends. He was just worried about his friend here.", she couldn't help but stress 'friend'.

"I haven't forgotten Fire. That crazy alchemy scheme in Roam was troubling enough, not to mention memorable*. But...I guess I acted and made the same mistake as him. Sorry Quill." he turned his head at the Earth Pony and apologized. It was hypocritical to call him on his treatment of Fire, when he himself was acting protective on his marefriend. He turned around but froze for a moment. Swift worked as a mercenary in all of the continent and beyond and as such became quite a polyglot. As such he understood perfectly well what Quillhart said. However he decided to keep this knowledge for itself - after all, he deserved this mouthful of curses anyway.

]"I'm good at helping out! But...I haven't tried without my wings in a long time..." He made a mock-ponderous gesture, placing a hoof to his chin for a brief moment. "I'll try my best, either way..!"

Unicorn half turned to the 'pegasus' and raised one of his eyebrows. This Honey Smiles was extremely agreeing to everything that others. Was he some kind of doormat? Either way, his enthusiasm was admirable.

"Good enough. But don't try. Do or do not. There is no try." he said, while scrapping through the sand with his hoof. Squall though that he saw a shine of metal but it was just a glass shard. Groaning in annoyance, Swift resumed searching for some bowl or other dish suitable for cooking.

"While I am neither military nor ancient I might also suggest that we keep our first shelter disposable or nomadic until we do have a definite supply of fresh water then make a long term decision." He sighed heavily as that last statement sank in, then continued, "it might be dangerous to invest a lot of energy and resources in settling down and then have to move it all in a week."

Seeing the attention he had, he tapped his front hooves together, "The disclaimer I must add of course, is that these suggestions are all 'book-learning'. If there is a more efficient, and up-to-date method for building a camp I will of course follow that." Scrollwork nodded his head toward Fire Walker and Swift, giving a visual accompaniment to his words.

Now, this was some wise words. For the first time, Squall focused on Scrollwork. A middle aged pony didn't seemed fit,the contents of his skull made up for it.

"Good suggestion but we don't have neither containers nor the tents themselves. And I doubt either would fall from the sky straight into over hoooooves...?" unicorns jaw dropped a little when the archivist uncovered just that. Tents that is.

"That's.....very convenient. Can I have some answers please?" Squall said upon recovery, glancing to the sky, but outside forces wasn't apparently generous enough.

He turned and looked at her, "We should split up, we need to get a good look at this island, something tells me we might be here for a while..." Dunder suggested. "Maybe Swift and I head into the trees, see what the situation is on this island."

"Yes. But not to far from the tree line. We don't know what lives here and if it doesn't happen to have appetite for pony."

He turned to Swift, "Maybe you should give each pony a knife, Celestia knows you are way too armed for a casual cruise anyway. Now we might all need to rely on eachother to survive."

"Maybe I could. But can everpony use them? Those are sharp." Swift warned. To drive the point home. he pulled another knife from his harness, and using his tail, thrown at the closest tree. The weapon flew through the air and was driven all way into the plant trunk all the way into the hilt.

"Very sharp. And seeing that right now most could only hold it in the mouth, one false move and this pony would gain a Gowglass grin." he explained while pulling out the projectile and carefully sliding it back into the slot.

"But the decision for this doesn't belong to me...."

"We'll need a leader. It's not the most urgent thing now but it will most likely come a time when we'll need to relay on somepony's ability yo lead. As for the other: I volunteer to build the shelter." Quillhart announced. He didn't say it, but building the shelter would most likely put him in a position were he could look over Presteza.

"Well, Quill I Feel pretty good.. despite my leg. I was thinkin' maybe I could help look fer stuff on the beach and don' worry too much about me. Also I kinda think that pegasus... "Moto" was her name right? Would make a good leader!"

"Exactly." Swift said, before turning his attention on his sweetheart.

"Moto....errr I mean Fire. You are the only REA officer among us. Not only that, you have natural charisma, passion and empathy. Off all presten here, you are the pony best suited to take a lead." noblepony explained his reasoning. After that he affectionately put his hoof on her chest, in the place where her heart was

"And for my part, I trust you completely." he added, nuzzling her nose with his own.

*Squall is referring to a quest that didn't quite made flight. Dunder, Fire, Quillhart, Muggo and Squall himself were to be participants of this to-be adventure. Think about it as some Noddle Incident.

Something seemed rather odd about the mare for a moment. "Thank you Swift. Maybe you can be my co-leader...I really don't feel so hot at the moment.", Fire Walker had quickly gone from being energetic to incredibly lethargic in mere seconds. Thankfully, her colt-friend was near enough to stop her from falling on her face (If he chooses to do so..If not, she does fall on her face! Ouch!). Swift, and any of those nearby to the red Pegasus might notice a trail of crimson that had followed her to the current spot. Upon further examination one could see that something had bitten the mare on her left foreleg. A small wound was noticeable and there was a rather unpleasant yellowish color around the wound. "I think something bit me. If you can honey-sweety, could you put me somewhere safe, under a tree? I just need to rest. Build my strength.", she let out a pitiful groan before turning to the young mare.

"Hey, I know you. You're Silverheart's little sister. Why didn't I reco...", Fire Walker did not finish her words as she was out like a light.

OOC: Gah! I needed a reason why Fire Walker didn’t recognize Presteza, a pony she knew from before. She's also friends with the mare's brother, Silverheart. And also gives her a reason for being rather goofy. When she washed up onto the beach, something was attached to her leg, but as she walked, it broke off, ripping her skin in the process. Ouch. Whatever it was, left a wound and some poison in its wake.

With the crisis of Fire Walker gawking a his blemished disguise barely averted, Figment decided to merely take a moment to regain his mental composure--something he felt he was doing a lot today...--, and observe the others. Even though he highly doubted his presence would be tolerated after his cover was blown, that didn't mean knowing how they all 'worked' was useless. He might have to return to swipe some food or something, after all. Or...maybe they would allow him to stay with them. It was a strange idea, but the situation was strange as well. It would be an interesting, if frightening, experiment. Even if he collected some interesting information on pony behavior, he'd still have to survive and make it back to the Hive...

As he mulled over the thoughts in his mind, he kept watching the others. Some were suggesting splitting up, which really wasn't entirely sure of his feelings towards that idea. Despite the fact that he'd been working alone for some time, he still felt a great deal safer and more comfortable in numbers; even with ponies that would probably turn on him. They'd help him for now, at least. And talk to him. He wasn't looking forward to the possibility of having to go off into the trees on his own...

Not all of the suggestions made him so uneasy, though. Scrollwork seemed to very bright--Figment certain knew how to pick a good pony to keep a eye on in particular. He nodded energetically, smiling. "Ooo, that's how I live all the time! I know how to do all that stuff. I don't need any wings for it either!", he said confidently. Regardless of how much longer his cover would last, he'd continue buttering them all up with his skills and friendly attitude as much as he could. Maybe he could even get the troublesome Squall one to like him--who happened to be speaking at him again... At least this time he wasn't accusing poor, innocent Honey Smiles of lying or anything again. "Yeah, I can do this! I never camped or foraged on a island before, but...I can figure out ways to help.", he added.

And then it seemed as if they were going to go about picking an aforementioned 'leader'. It certainly didn't take long for them to decide... Not that he would complain. At least it wasn't the troublesome one. It was his...female friend--who seemed nice, fortunately. Their affection wasn't helping him ignore his appetite, however... Unfortunately, though, she was apparently an officer in the REA, which sent a pang of panic through him. Surely, she'd never suffer a changeling's presence, no matter how kind she appeared. Though, right now, she was acting a bit odd... In a sudden moment, in fact, she didn't even seem fit to lead anything, and promptly passed out.

'...Well, so much for that.', he thought to himself, taking a step closer and eying her in a puzzled manner. And then he saw it--a fairly small wound, but...it was obvious that there was more to it. Well, obvious to him. Surely, attempting to help and show off Honey's survival skills would earn him some favor, maybe even from the officer, herself. Provided...what the effects of this were. "...Uh-oh..!", he exclaimed, making sure to look thoroughly concerned. "That looks likes poison..! Or...maybe venom?" Either way...this had the unfortunate side effect of most likely causing them to want to wrap it or something. And he just happened to be covered in the kind of stuff to do it with, and better off than her. They would probably want some of it, which would ruin his already ailing disguise. Figment's mental gears and whatnot choked, finally overwhelmed and unable to think of a way out. He just froze, standing there unprepared for what might happen next...

Muggo' Ale turned to the two ponies that had offered help in the beach search, Scrollwork and Presteza. He nodded and smiled in greeting, tapping the brim of his (still damp) grey tweed flatcap.

"If'n we haven't met, me name's Muggo' Ale. Ya two comin' along to check the beach?" he asked. He knew that some stuff had to have washed ashore from the cruise ship. If they all did, surely other items were carried. Who knows, maybe they'd find a My Little Baker oven and few beds off the ship. Then everything would be right as rain.

He playfully gagged at Fire Walker and Swift Squall. "Alright, ya two lovebirds. Swift, ya know I can carry a knife. An' I might be needin' one t'cut things loose," he added. He had a plan to carry and overturned lifeboats he found back to camp. He may be weakened but he was still an earth pony, still broader and stronger than most present. He could easily haul a small wooden boat down the beach to use as crude cover.

Before he could ask anything else though, Fire Walker collapsed. Muggo' Ale jumped in surprise. He rushed over in concern for his friend, glancing at the pony, Figment/Honey, who mentioned poison. "Venom, b'y. Poisons have t'be ingested. Venoms are injected," he pointed out. Though he did ease back a little. "Ya seem t'know bit more'n I do. I'm a brewmaster an' a sailor, b'y. Toxins ain't anythin' I deal with." He looked up again, this time to Swift Squall, who was likely to be rapidly on scene. "Lemme take a knife an' I'll get the salvage team a goin'. We might find a medical kit." Given all their magic was conked out, they'd have to resort to the old fashioned, zebra-made potions and antidotes to keep them all in tip-top shape.

Pyro had been, simply, rather quiet during the planning that was going on. For one thing, he had no experience in this field. Another, he had no idea what he would be most helpful doing, especially since his magic had been taken out of the equation. The only good thing about his magic being gone, from his perspective, was that he didn't have to worry about it getting out of control, should he get angry enough. He still had no idea what he should help with though, so he listened to the others talk.

The group basically elected Fire as the leader, which made sense, given her apparent army experience. Pyro nodded at this decision, approving it, not that that mattered much. Fire seemed a little out of it though, and she confirmed it, saying she wasn't feeling good. When she fell, Pyro moved forward, attempting to catch her. Then she passed out, with an odd colored wound on her leg. Honey mentioned poison, but Muggo corrected him, saying it was venom instead. Pyro was by no means knowledgeable when it came to medicine or substances like venom. It was his job, in his mind, to prevent injuries, not heal them, so he knew next to nothing about healing. He stayed back from the injured mare and followed the red trail with his eyes. It stopped further along the beach, presumably where she had been wounded, but he couldn't see anything that could have caused it.

Dunder watched Swift throw the knife, not even phased at all by the display. He smiled and chuckled, patting squall on the head with a wing, "Oh you. Don't you know cutting power is only so much. What's needed is force and mass of the object. F equals m times a. Unless you didn't take physics, which I wouldn't have blamed you. Now, equip the ponies. A small cut is nothing compared to a mauling by a beast or being unable to recover an item due to lack of cutting power." He told Swift. Just on cue, Fire seemed to borderline pass-out.

Dunder reached out, helping catch Fire. He helped lower her onto the sand, laying her on her back. "Fire... What hurts?" He asked, beginning to freak out on the inside but not wanting to come off as panicked. He started to search all over, until he found the bite. He took a deep breath, again trying not to panic. "Don't worry, Fire, you'll be fine." He assured her, even though he didn't know. "Distribute the knives." He said to swift, "When you're done, help me take Fire off to the shade. We need to find a medical-kit. Top priority until we know how bad this toxin is." He said, the pegasus stallion getting down so he could pick his red companion up and begin carrying her off to the shade so she can relax.

• 2 weeks later...

"Well, Quill I Feel pretty good.. despite my leg. I was thinkin' maybe I could help look fer stuff on the beach and don' worry too much about me. Also I kinda think that pegasus... "Moto" was her name right? would make a good leader!"

Quillhart almost choked on his tongue by this plainly ridiculous statement. The stallion threw back an acrid gaze into Presteza's eyes as to mentally give her a piece of his mind. What was the mare thinking?! Going out there with a sprained hoof was not only impractical, it was foalish! Quillhart didn't do all his effort just to let her simply run out and get herself injured again. He undermined his rapid glimpse of resentment towards Pressy's stubbornness and changed his expression to an understanding and comforting frown. "I'm terribly sorry, Presteza, but I don't believe it would be practically benefiting for anypony if you happened to injure your leg any further on the shore." Quillhart said and gave her a slight sympathetic smile. "Nopony would want you to get harm, me the least." The brown stallion gazed up at Fire Walker and felt a little sting of guilt in his heart. He had been harsh towards her, towards everypony. Quilly looked back at Presteza again with guilt in his eyes and shaped the word 'sorry' with his lips, hoping that the mare would understand what he meant. The acts that he had made was because of stress and pressure, as well as the sudden feeling of having something that needed protection. Deep inside he knew that Pressy didn't need protection and most likely didn't want it either. Still he couldn't help but to feel like there was an imminent threat which wanted to harm her. Still he couldn't stop the need of having her close and to constantly be by her side if something would ever happen. Inside he also felt that she was bothered by his protective presence and that was what made him feel such guilt. Quillhart turned back forward. He closed his eyes. Something deep deep inside of him told him that this visit on the island could be something important for both of them. Something vital.

Quilly's eyes flashed opened. The commotion of Fire's fall and sudden change of health had made his senses sharpen. The earthpony didn't have time to reach Fire before she was caught and taken to the shadows. Quillhart glanced over the shoulders of the other ponies and got mildly nauseous by the sickly yellowish wound on Fire's leg. He had never seen anything of the like during his adventures. Quill had indeed seen a couple of stings which made one swollen up but it had never turned yellow or appeared out of thin air.

"Lemme take a knife an' I'll get the salvage team a goin'. We might find a medical kit."

"I'll join." He cut short. Quillhart squeezed his way between the ponies in order to get closer to inspect the wound. "I don't know much about healing.", the stallion claimed as he leaned in to expect the wound closer, "In fact; I know equally much about healing as I know about cooking. I can make a decent meal but it wouldn't make you lick your hoofs and ask for another plate. As for venom", he said and gave the the wound some slight pressures from the sides before licking his lips, "the only thing I know for certain is that it shouldn't be inside you.", he leaned closer, "and if it has to be inside you; it should remain in a very excluded area and never reach other parts of the body." Quillhart turned to Swift. "I'd appreciate if you'd possibly consider to get something that I can tie around her leg. May it be a rope, lian or a ripped sheet." Quilly hoped that Swift would go away to search for the necessaries because he wasn't certain how Swift would take his next move. Nevertheless would he still execute it if he remained nearby. "Hold my glasses." The stallion reached his glasses to Muggo and grabbed the mares leg with both of his hoofs. He didn't want to see much during the forthcoming. "Lay still and don't stop me til I'm done." Was his final words before shaping his mouth around the wound and began to draw up the venom in his own mouth. His mouth got filled with its sour taste and he had to spit once before he took the second turn and felt done with the extraction. Quillhart felt woozy because of the effort from bringing the poison out and he laid a hoof on his head, stumbled several steps backwards. before he landed on his flank next to Pressy. "That should...", he said with a heavy breath, "at least slow the poison down and/or make it less dangerous but it's very probable that you still have it in you. We have to tie your leg, clean your wound and find a cure." The stallion stated while struggling with his breath. "I'll get to it in a minute... I'll just. Just... give me a minute."

It wasn't possible that he had swallowed some poison, was it? No, he didn't think so. Quillhart had carefully spit out all of it and it was not possible that anything had slipped down his throat. Quilly could suddenly feel the wooziness fall off his mind as in a respond to his mentally asked question. The power returned. "Alright, Let's do just that so that me, Muggo and anypony who wish to could be able to actually do some scavenging.", he turned to Pressy with a smile, "What would you like to do?"

At first Swift wasn't sure how to react.

One second there was a tender moment between them, and in the next she was falling unconscious. Squall attempted to catch her of course....with his magic.

Luckily both Dunder and Pyro proved to have good enough reflexes.

"Moto..." he whispered....he moved slowly towards her and shook her up, delicately. Luckilly she was breathing. Whatever was the case, it seemed she was just unconscious....

Only after a moment words of his companions reached his mind. It was always like this, in times of crisis when otherponies panicked, his though became clearer.

"No use for medicaments if we don't know what...bit...her......." he spoke, but his words slowed down when he noticed trail of blood on Fire's leg...and that it extended to the sand. His eyes glued to the crimson 'thread', he walked away from the group. The tacks weren't very noticeable. Some of blood sink into the sand, and only some disturbed grains marked where the reason for mare's condition had disappeared. Three minutes of such tracking passed when finally Squall froze still. Unicorn drawn one of his knifes with his teeth. He leaped forward in Equestria Games worth jump, making a cloud of dust. Squall soon waled out of it, with small creature impaled on his blade. It looked somewhat like crossbreed between spider and crab. Pulling dead critter on the ground Swift studied it carefully.....before sighting with relief.

"South Sea Spider" he spoke "Their toxins are only dangerous for kids. Moto will be alright. She will get up after few hours, but at the same time, can have some temporary holes in her long term memory. For a day or three I think. On the upside, her smell will be spectacularly sharp for over two weeks." Squall continued with explanation while distributing the weaponry - he still had enough too arm an assault on Fillydelphia Major Office.

Quillhart turned to Swift. "I'd appreciate if you'd possibly consider to get something that I can tie around her leg. May it be a rope, lian or a ripped sheet."

Squall didn't had to be asked twice. Instead of looking for a suitable material however, noblestallion unceremoniously ripped off one of the sleeves of his expensive enchanted, white trench coat. Neither did he blinked when Quillhart started to suck out the venom. After all it was perfectly logical course of action. Also he could see the chemistry between Earth Pony and Pretenza, Ohh neither of them was probably aware yet...but the same thing happened between Squall and Fire. And after all, love is greatest of the friendships.

Swordstallion leaned over pegasus mare unconscious face. Even now he was the prettiest sight in existance for him, even if so heartrending.

"I will be back soon. Wait for me, okay?" Swift asked asked even if he doubted that mare would hear him. After few steps away for her, he nodded to Dunder and both stallions made their way towards the tree line.

Archived