Royal Hunger Pains (Open: Dance Hall)

SteelEagle

Carrot Fields smiled and even gave a cheerful, little chuckle As Applejack answered as best she could while devouring some mighty fine looking apple fritters. “Yeah, Ah hud mair fin thes time aroond tay, althoogh thes is only mah second Gala… Yit again, Ah originally ne'er thooght i’d ever come back”. This year was certainly more relaxing, although such events still weren’t the farm pony’s scene, even if it was opening to everyone.

Of course finally getting a nice dance with Applejack helped, even if it was cut short, was the highlight of his night, even if it was cut short. Granted as he watched Dash and Rarity dance so happily together, he wish he had more time on the floor himself, Carrot didn’t want Applejack to feel bad, “it’s alrecht Applejack.” He gave the farmer mare an encouraging look, “Ye waur stoatin outthaur, Ah really had a stoatin time.”

Carrot turned back around as the music ended, curious to hear what would be played next when Rainbow Dash landed right in front of him with a look that would many stallion’s heart twinge. Before he could say anything the next song kicked in and he found himself pulled back out by the energetic pegasus.

Carrot swallowed nervously. He knew that music. That was a Tango. He'd never tangoed before. His romantic dance repertoire was either for a highland jig, or for slow swaying together. But Dash seemed determined for a Tango.

He swallowed again as she swished her skirts and stared him down with a teasing and confident motion. The same Dash who, although always really cute, never looked more alluring than in that dance, his mouth just stood agape.

He knew this dance was about confidence. Fine, he could fake confidence. He put a determined look on his face, thinking of how it had felt when they were having the insanity pepper eating contest, and stepped forward determinedly. How had he seen this happen before? He knew how it was *supposed* to look. He circled around her, staring her in the eyes with blatant challenge.

And then ... and then ...

He froze up. What was he supposed to do now?

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dash grinned happily as Carrot picked up his cue, meeting the challenge of the dance. She loved this sort of dance - it was like a contest, but not quite. They challenged each other, but they also cooperated. Except... then he got that panicked look in his eyes.

Uh oh. He didn't know how to Tango. This was supposed to make him feel better, but she was about to embarrass him... she had to think quickly.

Luckily, doing stuff quickly is what she DID.

She stalked forward, stopping a bare inch from him and murmuring in his ear, "Just follow my lead." Then drawing her head back to stare into his eyes with that requisite challenging look. She started circling him, instead, and murmured, "Stand still, just turn your head..." Her hooves kept crossing over each other, her right hooves stepping on the left side, left hoove stepping on the right, till it seemed she would have to trip - yet never did. Then, once behind him, she fluttered up into the air, her hooves moving just in front of his shoulders. "lean with it," she whispered, as her hooves 'stroked' over his shoulders, 'pulling' him back even though she never touched him.

Yup. Definitely an awesome dance. Though she wasn't sure how non-pegasus ponies were supposed to do it. A proper tango *required* wings by at least one participant, as far as she was concerned.

Fuchsia Blooms had thought the band was on an extended break, but they were only readying themselves for the next number. As the music started again, a familiar rhythm sounded in her ears. Tango! She turned to look at Bramble Rose, who already had a rose clutched delicately between his teeth and an inviting look in his eye. She returned his gaze with an intensity only matched by her excitement. Placing one hoof on his outstretched one and the other on his shoulder, she stepped back with her rear foot in a lunge position, then slowly drew herself back upright, dragging the toe of her shoe on the floor. Then in one fluid movement, she wrapped her leg around Bramble's waist, pulled herself close to his body and whispered in his ear, "Shall we dance?"

After taking many lovely pictures of the famous ponies in the greeting area, both Pigpen and Mr. Waddle seemed very satisfied.

"Nothing more to see here, old friend," Mr Waddle said, :"I want to see more of the castle before the evening ends."

"I'm with you, pal." Pigpen neighed, "Let's go visit the ballroom! I got all dressed up so I could get me a dance with a pretty mare."

"Alright Pigpen, lead the way," the elderly glasses wearing Earth stallion said as he followed his shaggy, unkempt friend out the door.

(exit Mr. Waddle & Pigpen)

banner_applejack_zpscd51b6b0.png

Once Rainbow Dash stole Carrot from the eating table, Applejack decided to return to the dance floor now that the tempo of the music had increased pace. When got there, however, she could not well describe the type of music that was playing. It seemed to be a specific style of music that garnered a specific type of dance. And it was a dance Applejack was not familiar with. Instead, Applejack decided to just lift her legs in motion and bob her head at the music, slowing rotating her body at the intensity of the music.

It wasn't very long, however, that Applejack realized everyone had a dancing partner, and that apparently, this was the kind of dance in which you directly it share it with someone else. She looked at Rarity and walked up to her. "This song isn't my type but it's still something ah kin thump mah hooves to!" Applejack moved with the music. Though it wasn't a tango, she kept improvising her own dance. She wasn't so much dancing with Rarity as she was dancing along side Rarity. That is of course, if Rarity instead embraced Applejack's interesting choice of movement.

Applejack.pnglunabuttonsig_zpsc23a2b97.pngflaxseed.pngGranola_Gracie.pngArrow_Plain.pngMiracle.pngRemington.pngSugar_Rush-1.pngCoconut_Lime.png

Bramble Rose's eyes widened a little as Fuchsia not only stepped up to the challenge, but did so with an eager passion and enthusiasm that quite took Bramble's Breath away. He could not keep the huge grin off his face, not for anything. What a MARE!

With one hoof he grabbed his treasured hat and tossed it carelessly to the side, sending it spinning across the dance floor. "Why, Miss Blooms," he said lowly, "I thought we'd never start." He took one of her forehooves in his own, lifting it above his head, and sent her into three quick rotations, then pulled her close to him again. Took two slow steps, then pulled her close again, before dropping her low to the ground, so that her horn was bare millimeters from hitting the floor, before drawing her back up into his arms once again.

Now this was dancing! Truly the best night ever!

Celestia looked on as the music picked up and the ponies started dancing. Celestia bobbed her head to the beat. She knew how to dance of course, but rarely did it. There were so few dance partners for her. Most ponies were self-conscious about dancing with her. It didn't matter too much to her though. Celestia enjoyed being a spectator just as much as being a part of the activity. She had done many things in her life and seeing others enjoy themselves was the one thing that never gets old. The energy in the room was astounding as everypony started dancing and enjoying themselves.

"Your Highness, I didn't get to introduce myself properly, my name is Timid Star.", he said to her softly, almost overwhelmed by the whole situation.

"Greetings Timid Star. It is a pleasure to meet you." Celestia greeted the young colt. "I do hope you are enjoying yourself." Celestia said warmly. She had done most of her greeting in the throne room, but she presumed some decided to look for her elsewhere to not stand in the line. Which was fine to her. Meeting ponies in a relaxed unofficial environment was better for her to get to know her precious subjects, and it hopefully put less pressure on them. She always worried about ponies that seemed to get overly nervous around her, which is why sometimes she'd play a joke on them. It was always in good fun though.

Celestia wished she could stay longer and enjoy the company of the other ponies but she had other duties to attend to.

She spoke louder than normal to account for the music so that those around her could hear her. "I apologize, but I have to attend to other matters at the Gala. Everyone please enjoy the dance hall and the Grand Galloping Gala." Celestia backed up a few steps before turning around to exit the room.

*exit Celestia*

Carrot Fields didn't have anything to actually say as he followed Rainbow Dash's lead, and instructions, as they stepped in tune to the flamboyant music. His worry of embarrassment began to wash away in the wave of amazement of the blue pegasus' skill at this fast past and rather intimate style of dance. Were all pegasai so graceful? It certainly would make sense with their light, slender forms and wings. Even if it wasn't true, Dash's skills in this arena was without question one of grace and flair.

The ruddy maned stallion could feel himself stumble a couple of times, and surely his matching moves were less than graceful, but he managed somehow to keep himself from tumbling over or tripping either himself or her. Not going to win any dance awards, but it was good enough, and it looked as if his rainbow maned partner was having as much fun as he was. There wasn't anything to say, just give a big, flushed, goofy smile.

As he danced the night away, switching partners a few times, Carrot felt that coming to the Gala was more than worthwhile and he had to admit, he was glad he was talked into it.

At this point since the gala is ending, this can be seen as Carrot's concluding post.

Archived