This is Our Night (ATTN: Mojo, Open)

Lux

Carrot Top trotted into the dance hall, taking in the sights.While the country pony was used to parties, these were typically small affairs in Ponyville, nothing nearly as fancy as this! She had her doubts about going, thinking that she would stand out like a rabbit in a carrot field, but thanks to her special somepony's encouragement and his desire to go with her, she decided to go.

She was dressed in a gown as green as her eyes with orange accents. Her normal mane style was done up in a bun with green clips as was her tail. She felt like a Princess dressed up like this, as this was nowhere near how she dressed in town. She then saw Hayseed appear dressed in his finest and smiled at how handsome he looked.

"So, how do I look," she said with a smile and a playful wink.

Hayseed was dressed in his best vest and hat, ready for action at the Gala. But when he saw Carrot Top in her special Gala dress, his eyes nearly popped out of his head. For a moment, he stood in stunned silence at how elegant his very special somepony looked. He then cleared his throat and began to speak.

"If you ain't the pertyest gal in the whole danggum Gala, I'll eat mah hat and vest!" the brown furred Earth stallion shouted. "I swear I ain't seen no mare more beautiful in mah entire life! You'll be turnin' so many heads in that dress than even Princess Celestia! No wonder I love ya so much!"

Carrot Top knew that Hayseed was going to comment on her look, but she didn't think that he would sing her praises to anypony within earshot!

"Awww thanks," she exclaimed blushing happily, "I don't know if I can say i look as good as princess Celestia, but I do feel like a Princess! Not really used to getting all dolled up like this. You look really handsome too if i do say so myself."

"Thank ya, Miss Carrot Top," Hayseed said with a blush. "Ya wanna dance? I ain't all that favorable to all this here big city music, but I'm more than willin' ta try ta dance with it if you are, It's too bad that mah sisters ain't here with us. Last I saw Haymaker, she was talkin ta some stallion over at a bar and we had ta leave little Haywire with the other foals at the Happy Hooves Hop room. Sure hope she kin stay outta trouble thar."

"Sure, I'd love to dance," Carrot Top said with a smile, "I have to admit that while I like music, I admit I'm not the best dancer. Sometimes I think that I have four left hooves."

Hayseed mentioned about his sisters, and how that it seemed that even though they were at the Gala, the stallion missed them.

"Awww, I'm sure that they're fine. I mean how much trouble can Haywire get into?"

She stopped and realized that this was Haywire that the two were talking about.

"Anyway, let's dance," she said stepping out on the dance floor and letting the music wash over her began to shake to the music.

"I don't know a whole lot about this here city dancin' either, but I'll give'r a try jist ta be near ya," Hayseed said as he led his very special somepony towards the dance floor. A very slow classical piece of music was playing, so the dapper dressed stallion began to mimic the other dancers on the floor, moving in close as he made the steps. So enthralled with Carrot Top was he that he didn't even notice the firecracker rocket that entered the ballroom from the main entrance and then flew out an open window, leaving a colorful stream behind it as it went.

"Do ya feel that, Miss Carrot Top?" Hayseed whispered. "It's like we're so much in love, the earth moved!"

If you want to know where the rocket came from, read here: http://www.canterlot.com/topic/16337-hhh-fillies-and-colts-at-the-gala-open/page__st__20

A good slow song was playing to get Carrot Top into the mood of dancing. The fact that there were others on the dance floor made her feel more comfortable, especially being with her special somepony. The two danced close together in a slow circle, mimicking how others danced. To her nothing else mattered, not the other dancers, the splendor of the Gala, or even the music. Why the two of them could have been dancing out on a hillside under a moonlit night and it would matter the same! What mattered was each other.

The earth pony mare was so lost in the stallion's eyes that she did not see the firecracker fly by. She did feel the slight tremor from the explosion but paid little heed.

"You're right Hayseed, I felt the earth move too. You know time seems to stand still when I'm with you and the world around me seems to dissolve away."

When Hayseed's eyes met Carrot Top's once more, he looked deeply into them. Captivated by her charm and beauty, the brown farm stallion seemed to be dancing on air. He wished this night could last forever and ever, or even LONGER!

"I'm so glad we came here tonight, Miss Carrot Top! There ain't no place else on earth I'd rather be right now than to be with you!"

He felt the urge to kiss his very special somepony, then his natural bashfulness kicked in, and he stopped short. So many words flooded his mind, but he wanted to use the right ones to tell her how much he loved and cared for her. For the moment, all he could do was dance and smile.

Carrot Top danced with her special somepony as the song continued its leisurely pace. She knew that the night would be a passing thing and that ultimately she and Hayseed would be hopping a train back to Ponyville. It was a sad thought as they wished that they could be in this magical gala forever dancing, enjoying the food, and enjoying each other's company, but she knew that all good things had to end sometime. What gave her hope was that even with the Gala over later she would see Hayseed again in Ponyville, the constant pony in her life.

"I'm really glad to be here with you too Hayseed. And you know something, it doesn't matter whether I'm here or back in Ponyville as long as I'm there with you."

Carrot Top could see the stallion struggling to find the right thing to say to her, like it was in his heart but his mouth couldn't say. She merely smiled and continued dancing as something there were no words.

Courage was now swelling up within the Earth stallion. As the music played on and the two danced on, Hayseed wanted to declare his affection for Carrot Top. He was also determined to be heard above the music and chatter going on in the ballroom. So, working up the strength to speak up, Hayseed shouted out:

"I LOVE YOU, CARROT TOP!" before planting a kiss squarely on the mare's lips.

Seconds before, the song the band was playing had stopped, so the loud declaration coming from Hayseed echoed throughout the ballroom, drawing the attention of everypony in the room. All eyes were now upon him and his beautiful dance partner. They all now waited to see Carrot Top's reaction to such a bold move by the brown pelted stallion.

Carrot Top was so lost in the moment with the music, dancing, and of course Hayseed that she didn't know the music was winding down. Suddenly she heard her special somepony say something to her, something that made her heart skip a beat. It wasn't a soft whisper but loud enough for all nearby to hear especially since the music had stopped Hayseed had just declared his love of Carrot Top!

Before she could say or do anything else, Hayseed suddenly kissed her on the lips, not just a short one but a long passionate kiss that literally took Carrot Top's breath away. It was like his declaration was sealed with a kiss for all to witness. After the kiss ended, Carrot could see that Hayseeed and many other ponies in attendance were waiting for what would happen next, especially for her to respond.

"Oh Hayseed, I love you too. I LOVE YOU, I LOVE YOU, I LOVE YOU!"

With tears of happiness in her eyes she kissed Hayseed, a perfect part of a perfect night and the start of a new part in their lives.

Hayseed was now so excited, he just threw his front hooves around his lady love and gave her a big hug.

"I ain't never been so happy in mah life," he whispered to Carrot Top during their embrace. So enthalled was he with his very special somepony, he didn't even notice the rush of guard ponies down the nearby hallway shouting about tracking down the source of a disturbance at the Happy Hooves Hop room. Tears of joy began to swell in the eyes of the brown farm stallion.

"Me neither." Carrot Top said seeing the stallion crying and knowing they were tears of joy. She knew that he loved her as much as she loved him, but seeing him in such a state made her realize the true gravity of their love. It was both exciting and even slightly scary of the unknown.

"You want to know a secret," she whispered to the stallion so as no other pony would heard, "I never really had a special somepony in my life before. Oh I'm no shy pony and ever since I became a young mare I wondered what my life would be like with a stallion that loved me like I would love them. It just, I don't know, never happened. Then you walked into my life and everything seemed to be right."

"I feel the same way, Miss Carrot Top," Hayseed confessed, "I ain't never had a very special somepony neither. Even in school, none of the fillies ever wanted ta be with me. Reckon that's why I kinda ended up buryin' mahself in workin' on the hay farm. But meetin' you changed all that. I think we go together like, like hay 'n carrots!"

Carrot Top smiled at the fact that the two shared so many similarities. It was as if the two were soul mates, ponies who would inevitably find each other. The mentioning of hay and carrots, however, snapped Carrot out of her thoughts on the future as her stomach growled in a very unmarelike way.

"Oops," she said as her cheeks turned red, "Guess all this dancing has made me work up an appetite. Do you want to accompany me to where the food is? I bet they have some really tasty treats here."

"That sounds like a dandy idear, Miss Carrot Top!" Hayseed neighed as he proudly led his lady love to the buffet table. The sheer amount of delectable treats stunned the brown pelted Earth pony. "Would ya look at all this here grub? Thar's anythin' ya ever wanted ta eat right here in front'a us! Have ya ever seen so much food in yur whole life?"

Carrot Top followed Hayseed off the dance floor and towards the food tables. She imagined that there would be lots of food, but upon seeing it her eyes went wide! There was everything from salads to sandwiches to every dessert she could think of and even some that she never saw before.

"Would ya look at all this here grub? Thar's anythin' ya ever wanted ta eat right here in front'a us! Have ya ever seen so much food in yur whole life?"

"It's amazing! I've never seen so much food here in my lifetime in one place, except maybe at the marketplace. So which side do you want to start with, salads and sandwiches or desserts?"

"Well Miss Carrot Top, I wanna start with sandwiches," Hayseed said, "all that dancin's made me powerful hungry!"

The hungry stallion carefully built a sandwich on his plate, tossing in some hay fries as a side.

"Plenty of carrots and hay here! Reckon the Royal chefs know what ponies like! What are ya gonna have, my love?"

"I think I'm going to start with that too," Carrot Top said as she followed Hayseed to the one side of the food table, "I want to try everything!"

She grabbed a plate and found a few sandwiches and then her eyes went wide when she was a silver bowl with baked carrots in a butter and brown sugar glaze sauce! she took a heaping pile and not waiting to get to a table tried a few.

"Oh wow, this is amazing! Hayseed you have to try these. They're so sweet like candy!"

"Oh yeah! Them carrots look SO good!" Hayseed neighed, spooning up a pile of them on his plate. "Gotta love carrots, but I love a carrot growing mare even more!"

The brown pelted Earth pony blushed a little bit after saying that. Maybe it was his hunger that was making him bold, but anyway, he really loved being with Carrot Top. He even pulled out a chair for his lady love to sit in as they chose a table to dine at.

"Have a seat, sweetie," he said with a grin.

Carrot giggled at what Hayseed said about loving her. She knew it was inevitable that he would make a joke about her liking carrots or being a carrot farmer or her name, but it never annoyed her.

"Well I do love hay fries too and a certain hay farmer stallion," she said with a smile as she took a seat, "Awww, you're such a gentlecolt."

She then lifted a glass of apple juice that she took with her ready to propose a toast.

"A toast to us and the start of a new relationship!"

Archived