An assistant is needed (No slots left)

TheHybrid

The mare's thought drifted to grape juice for a moment as she strolled alongside Rusty,"Don' suppose we could test it out and get a drink could we?" she said with a cheesy grin on her face, "Or is it not ready for testing?" The duo soon reached the device and Presteza smiled bright as she laid her icy blue eyes on the machine.

she idly cantered around the large device, inspecting every gear and cog and bolt and practically grinning ear to ear as she took it in, "It'll definitely make a lot of farming ponies lives a whole lot easier,huh?"

((OOC: No problem but I have a request you give a visual description for the machines so I have some more to work with :blush: ))

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(For this one just use your imagination, Ill describe the rest)

Chuckles, " Yeap. One day I think it will." He hears her request and nods, "Actually, I just made some juice with it recently! But, I can demonstrate it with another batch..." he pulls a small bucket of grapes from a cuberd. They looked fresh, as if they were just picked. The bucket had a small spigot on it, so the juices would flow out from it when the grapes were crushed. He puts it under the small 4 pistons, each one roughly the size of a hoof, then turns and smiles warmly at the mare "Why dont you try it, press this button right here to get it squishen!"

"Can do!"She said with great enthusiasm before circling the device and soon finding what seemed to be the correct button. She lifted up her foreleg and pressed her hoof against the button. the machine made various sounds of whirring and humming, soon the pistons began to fire up and slowly pound away at the bucket below. the sound of squishing of the grapes echoing and looked to her employer for the word to stop the machine.

The mare smiled and lifted her nose up to the near the machine, the smell of the fresh grapes filling her nose, it took practically all her will not to drool over the delicious smell,"By Celestia I love the smell of grapes."

Nods, "Reminds me of my childhood..." he smiles to himself, thinking about how this wasnt how he imagined having an assitant would be like, "I'll tell you what, I think I havnt felt this kind of happiness in a while! Years even..." he chuckles, "Alright, you can turn off the machine, I'll go get some glasses ((OOC: I have no idea how stff like this works, as in his grape crushing works. Im just guessing xD.")) He trots off to a small side room, and returns with two glass tankards, filling them both up and hoofing one to the mare, "try it!"

The mare slipped her hoof into the hoop on the tankard and waits for Rusty to pour himself one as well. Strolling closer to her friend she lifted her tankard and gestured him to do the same,"Cheers!" she said... well cheerily as she knocked her tankard to Rusty's before practically downing the drink in one or two gulps. A mustache of the grape juices on her upper lip for a few seconds before she realized it and licked it off with a chuckle,"Wow! This is delicious!"

He chuckled, clanking his tankard with hers before drinking his down as well. He smiles at her comment, "It is, ain't it?" he looked at the machine, furrowing his brow a bit "Now most pony folk may say somthin' like this here machine would make ponies lazy, but I say this machine just gives em more time to pick more..." he paused for a moment, his face changing expressions to a more frustrated look "Ya know, I wish I was a unicorn. Not fer builden my machines, no ma'am. I'm talkin' about to power them, cause right now it's an absolute nightmare to power these things... yeah..." he shook his head and looked back at his assistant, smiling weakly "Eh, let's go see my next invention..." he starts trotting towards a strange looking device, it was rather small in comparison to the rest of the inventions. The invention stood on a table, in consisted of what looked like a metal contact pad, attached to a large black box with cogs and gears jutting out of it, all turning. And next to the first contact pad, was a second one, although a different color. He grinned, and slammed his hooves down hard on the wooden table as he approached it "And this, friend, is the transportin' device! It can transport small objects, through the air, without the need of a unicorn to cast some fancy spell..." ((OOC: Sorry if this post seems bad.. very tired here.))

During the statement of the problem most pony farmers might have with the device she seemed to be in thought for a few moments, still listening as they cantered over to the next device she spoke up,"It'd be neat if ya could build somethin' like one o' those treadmills to power them... although instead of immediately activating the machine it'd store the power until they got off, then they could activate it and while the machine stomped the berries they could pick more. That might kinda take care of the laziness problem, rig--" she was cut off by the sight of the new device before already curious of it's workings she almost laid her chin upon the table as she got a closer look only to jump back in surprise when the stallion planted his hooves on it, then listened to his explanation with a nod."It can? er... how does it work?"

Smiles, "Simple! These here plates are gravity plates, you know, those fancy plates you can buy in the store that holds on to anythin' you put on it as if it was the best darned ApplePie in the world." He chuckles, "Now, here is how the work. When I press this here button, the plate wth the object on it begins to spin real fast like, so fast that object on it dematerializes into its basic elements; Atoms! After that, I switch the gravity on the plate with this here button, which makes the plate do some pushin' instead if pullin'... then the atoms travel through this tube right here..." he pulls a small u shaped tube with two open ends, each fitting snuggly over the plates, and locking into the device so the gravity plates dont affect it " it travels to the other plate, where it is pulled by its gravity, and re-a-sembles it self into an apple." He scratches his head, "Dont know how the atoms seem-ta know how to reasemble themselves back into the original object, but that dont matter."

"Cool! at first I thought it just sprouted propeller's and flew over to somewhere" she chuckled an circled to the other side of the table next to rusty as he appeared to ready the machine,"We gonna test it?" she asked curiously. Honestly a lot of the talk of atoms and gravity had gone far over her head.

((OOC: Why didn't I think of that... that's so much simpler!)) Rusty smiled nervously, "Ehhh... well... it has worked... but it's still an early prototype." he thinks for a second "it... it does teleport simple things, such as an Apple or a Cup like it was nothin'. But sometimes.... something goes wrong and instead of teleporten... they explode." he goes off on bit of a tangent "Like I remember one time, I succesfully transported an apple three times in a row, and thought I finally worked out the kinks, so I tried to use something a bit more.. complex. A mouse, or a rat, I can't remember. Anyway, when I tried to transport it... well... uhm..." he thinks for a few moments, scratching the back of his head while he chuckles nervously, "You know uh... how about I just demonstrate how this thing works by transporting an apple?" he reaches into one of his saddle bags, and pulls out a green, shiney apple. He places it on one of the plates, then places the tube onto the device. He presses a button on the device, and takes a few steps back, guiding the mare with his hoof to do the same. The Apple soons begin to spin, first very slowly, but with in a few seconds, it began to spin so fast it looked like a green blur. It began to disassemble itself, the atoms of the apple slowly traveling to the other end of the tube, where they immediately began to reassemble themselves. And that's what it did... except... it was kind of.. inside out. He frowns, whispering to himself "Hmmm... samething happened to the mouse. Wonder why it would happen to an apple, if it never did before?.."

The mare went wide eyed a moment and looked to the stallion with a nervous grin,"erm... would I regret asking if the mouse came out of that ok?" she waited for the stallion's answer, whatever it was she went over to the apple and nudged the now discombobulated apple. "It's kinda warm... but we can still work on gettin' it ta work, right?" her lips curling into a kind smile as she rubbed her muzzle getting rid of the lingering warm feeling from the fruit.

(OOC: am I allowed to make up inventions we find in here?)

(OOC As long as it isn't anything op) He cleared his throat as he answered the first question, "Not exactly, he had a similar fate to the apple.... heh." he rolls his eyes at the second question, "Well yeah! We'll work out the issues, no doubt!" his eyes look over the room, and suddenly widen and lock onto one invention, which was covered up with a tarp. He immediately looked away, shame flashing momentarily in his expression, but then smiled again, looking back at his assistant "So, how aboutchu? What do YOU want to look at?"

The mare's icy blue eyes scanned all around the large room, momentarily resting upon the tarp covered invention rusty seemed to dread unveiling... but soon traveled over to a very large barrel or cask shaped device. The large machine seemed to have several pistons on top of the lid which had hinges on the back, just nearing the device both ponies noticed a rather sweet-scented aroma coming from the massive machine. Soon it would come to rusty; this was the prototype perfume and cologne machine he had started work on designed to make high quality scents in faster time than was produced by the current manufacturing method.

Presteza's nose lead her to this large device and after circling it and finding no particular label or any tag on the contraption she turned to her employer,"What's this one? it smells incredible!" said the mare still a bit invested in the device.

Ears perked up at attention as she traveled to the new device, "Erm... hmmm..." he trotted over to the device and had a look over of it, then smiled wide "Oh yeah! This here is the Arom-o-tron 9001! Or at least, the prot-o-type for it..." he smiles, "This is a bit of a mini-success story right here... ya know when you walk inta a bakery, and ya c'n smell all of the baked stuff? Well, you are probably smellin' the baked goods, but you are also probably smellin' something outta this here machine! I've made a 100 of these things, and sold em all up!" he raises a brow, "Yes, ah know, it is a bit... man-ip-u-lative... but hey! Makes bakery's smell real good!" he smiles warmly at her, "Whats your favorite scent? I'll can produce right here, and these here fans attached to the device should spread the smell throughout the shop!"

The mare thought for a moment, holding her hoof to her chin,"Does it only do bakery based smells or can it do others too?" she asked looking all around the device to see if there were any buttons that had labeled scents.

((OOC:sorry for the short post :( )

((OOC it's fine, don't worry about it)) He nods, "Sure does! If I remember rightly, some of the smells were... Cherry... Blueberry... Roses... Cinnamon... after-rain... crisp air... new wagon smell... chocolate.. mountain dew... winter... fall... summer... spring... Ponyville Park... Canterlot Park... Cloudsdale park..." he keeps going on and on, for nearly three min, simply listing smells, "Annnnnd... fresh Apple Cider! Which one do you want to smell?" he pushes a button on the device, and a very large dial with what seemed 100's of smells listed on it appeared. "Choose one, then press down on the dial to turn it on!'

Presteza listened to every single smell the stallion listed, her nose twitching a moment as she thought she heard him list daisies off. A smile spread over her face as eventually he mentioned trottingham park. The mare lifted her hoof almost as if to get attention in a class,"Ooh! oh! that one, the smell of trottingham park!" she said giddily before the dial appeared before her, her keen eyes searching the labels on the dial until she found the one she sought. she turned it with her hooves to the desired scent and relaxed as the smell of the foliage of the familiar scent of home wafted about.

"such a nostalgic smell!" she said almost dreamily

Nods, "Eyep, it ain't easy ta get all of these smells though. Took a real long time..." he thinks for a moment, then smiles nervously "How about we end this tour? It was real nice, got me to open up a bit I guess but uhm..." his eyes flash over to the tarp covered invention for a moment, then back to the mare "There's just nottin left to show, really!"

*She froze and let go, the device already partially uncovered she took a few steps back,"Er sorry ... we can move on if ya like!" she started to walk away from the device and smiled apologetically to her friend.

He sighs, smiling "Thank ya..." he begins trotting away from the device, next to the mare, feeling releived. But then he noticed something; the farther he felt he was getting away from the device, the more guilt he began to feel. The mare unknowingly started an emotional chain of guilt-filled memories within the southern stallion, and very quickly it became too much for him to handle. He had to get it out, he had to tell somepony what had happened, he doesn't care what she will think of him afterwards, he just needs to get this off his chest, "Ahhh... buck it." he said as he galloped back to the device, "I might as well show you what it is.. and tell ya the story behind it." he pulls off the tarp, which causes a huge dust cloud to be kicked up. When it settles, the invention is clearly present. It looked like a large, metal cylinder, with gears, lights, pipes, cogs, and pistons splattered all over. On the inside, it was complete made of glass and mirrors, and had a very large complex looking control panel inside of it. He sighs, "This, is my time machine... and the source of all of my shame." he tilts his hat down, covering up his eyes.

*the mare's jaw dropped and her eyes widened at the sight of the machine it was definitely an elaborate looking device. trotting around the device and holding a hoof over her nose to protect herself from the dust she looked all around. "A time machine?! really?!... This. is. AMAZING!" she practically shouted, before zooming over to rust and going almost nose to nose with the stallion as she was swept up in her excitement, which soon faded upon seeing her friend's mood she backed up a bit and looked back. "I think a Time machine is an awesome invention! Think of all the tings ponies could see!"

Didn't react much to the mares excitement, he simply stood there "Eyep. And thats what me, and my good ol' inventor buddy Scrap Heap thought

when we finally finished it." he chuckles grimly, feeling bitter nostalgia rising "Ya see, time travel already exists. Infact, there are a couple spells back in the... uh... Star-somthin' the... barded section? Of canterlots library... but those only work by bungie jumpin' ya back or forwards in time. Basically, you go to the time for a minute or two, but then hafta go back to the present." he looks at his machine, his eyes seemed slightly moist "But this here machine works by transporting you and the machine to a different time period, and then 'hooks' ya to the to the time period, so you aren't slingshot back to the present!" he frowns, "But... it... didn't work the way we hoped. My friend wanted to try it out by himself, mostly because as you can see there's hardly enough room in there for two. Me being exausted from workin' for nearly two days straight, I let 'im try it out, fully confident in our device...." he pauses for a moment, his voice becoming harder, slightly frightening "He tried it out... set the dial to 100 years in the past then pressed the button. It powered up, went through all the expected routines to prepare to travel... but... when it got to the part where it was supposed to go through time... something went wrong. He was transported, but the machine stayed put... it was supposed to go back with him. I paniced and ran in there to see what had happened... the display showed errors... errors I had hoped I would never see... my worst nightmare: 'ERROR: DEVICE FAILED TO TRANSPORT. Reason: Unknown. ERROR: OCCUPANT FAILED TO REACH DESTINATION. OCCUPANT'S CURRENT LOCATION IN TIME: Unknown. ERROR: COULD NOT ACTIVATE FAIL SAFE RETREIVAL SPELL. Reason: OCCUPANT TO BE RETREIVED DOES NOT EXIST.'" he sighed, pausing for a few moments "Not only did I accidentally kill my closest friend, I erased him completely from existence. There is no record of him ever existing in this world, the only evidence left is right here." he taps on his head, "In my memories."

"I-I see... wa-wait! maybe we can use that somehow?" she suggested in an optimistic tone."If he's remembered by someone and we could subject the machine to your memories... maybe it could target him and bring him back?" she said desperately trying to raise the stallion's spirit*