An assistant is needed (No slots left)

TheHybrid

Pressy smile brightly and took the candybar, holding it in her hoof she took a bite and smiled even brighter,"Delicious!" she said as she began to munch even further upon the treat. Turning to rusty again she asked,"So... the chill sure is coming in... If we're not outta hear in time I'm kinda worried we might freeze." the mare aid eventually finishing her bar and going over to a parkbench and sitting down on it, trying to relax.

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shrugged, trotting over to Pressy and sitting down as well, "Ah wouldnt think about it too much.. not much we can do when we're still waitin' on the means to get home. Like my pa always said, 'Don't fret over things you can't control'" he thought for a moment, "One thing we need: somewhere to sleep and eat. Cause chocolate's nice, but it ain't exactly a meal."

"Good idea... " she said as she looked out at the scenery,"I guess we should head off to look for one huh?" hopping off the bench she looked over the city trying to spot something that looked like an inn.

Looked around as well, "I would say we can go back to Ponyville n' look there... but there is no way in hay we're gonna get an inn there... and uhm... Ah think I saw an inn built at a pub on the way here.. wanna go check it out?"

PRessy thought for a moment,"Actually... I don't think that was ponyville... ponyville was founded after canterlot was built right?" she said looking to the older pony for confirmation. It seemed reasonable to say that since some of those huts the earth ponies they saw didn't look like they were made to last.

He thought for a moment, "Yeah, but Ah think it's easier if we jus' call it Ponyville for now, since if Ah'm right, it didn't have a name." he thought to himself as they approached the tavern ((was trying to think of the name before for a pub/inn but couldnt)) and trotted inside. He approached the bar counter, clearing his throat "Excuse me my good sir, but my neice here and I would like to rent a room for the night, preferably one with two beds." he opened up his saddle bag with his magic, "How much would that cost?" he asked, raising a brow. The bar tender thought for a moment, "Well, we only got one room availble, and it only has one bed... it costs 15 bits." Rusty nodded, and levitated out the five bits they got earlier, and ten more bits he had on him. The bar tender gave him the room keys, then winked at him "A bt wierd, goin' for your neice... but I don't judge." ((The accent the bar tender pony has is the sterotype english executioner type accent.. Cant thing of the proper name, but I do know it.)) Rusty froze, his fancy accent dropping "Pardon?"

The mare stepped forward, laughing somewhat awkwardly,"Now now... he did ask for a room with two beds, 'e clearly doesn't 'ave that kinda stuff in mind..." she said glancing at rusty. "Look, lov. ya don't have to pretend to be all formal around me, like i said I said I don' judge! even if you are his -niece-" said the innkeeper in a teasing tone.

Pressy sighed a moment,"I-I give up, let's go... uncle!" she said pushing rusty towards the room with the number matching their keys, the Innkeeping stallion laughed and mouthed at rusty,"She's a live one isn't she?"

Rusty opened the door when they got to it, grumbling something about the nasty plothole inkeeper as he unlocked the door. He trotted in, " That bar keep was... ahhh... nevermind. He must be bored or somethin'. he took off his saddle bags on the floor, "Ah'll sleep on the floor Pressy, you get the bed."

"No can do,Rusty." She takes off some of the sheets and strolls over with some of the sheets in her teeth and hoofs them to rusty,"You take these sheets and I'll take these" she said with a smile as she set up a makeshift bed on the floor

Rusty does the same with his sheets, at least two feet aways from hers. He scratches his head, "Well... this has been an intrestin' day... time machine failed, fought some timber wolves, became a unicorn..." he chuckled, "And now, were sleepin' in a tavern in Unicornia, a city that has been gone for a long time..."

Nods, "Sure... Ah... mean... *yawn* wont matter much... cause we still gotta fix it... but uhm..." he thinks for a moment, "Ah guess... we could collect... the herbs we need... but uhm... don't worry about that too much one thing... at a time..." he seemed like he was holding something back, but he didn't say what. Surely nothing important. "Night Pressy, don't freeze or nothin'." and with that odd good-night, he fell asleep.

The morning was considerably warmer, but it still rather nippy and slowly getting colder. Yawning pressy pulled herself up and stretched out looking over to the still sleeping stallion she carefully went over and nudged his side,"Oi, Rusty--er uncle time ta get up." she said hoping he'd stir. the mare glanced out the window and her jaw nearly dropped as she saw millions of windows in the city lighting up, beams of magic blasting out of each and rocketing toward the horizon,"Rusty wake up ya gotta see this!"

Rusty slowly stirred, his eyes slowly opening. He sat up and yawned loudly while scratching his chest, "Mornin' Pressy... how'd you... huh?" he looked up at the mare, who was clearly awe-struck by something outside the window, so he looked over to it "Whatchu lookin'... huh?" he said as his eyes widened, and he stood out of bed "What the hay?..."

On the horizon a familiar orb of fire rose up and into the sky, bringing with it the break of dawn. "So that's how they did it... the books say that unicorns would bring about the night and day before the princesses came to power. this must be how they pulled it off! It little power from everypony of the unicorn tribe!" The mare icy blue eyes wide with excite and awestruck wonder,"this is so bloody cool!" she said her voice going into a near high pitched squeak of delight.

Nods, "Yeah, that is real intrestin'... hm. I wonder if unicorns can still raise the sun or moon? I mean, these here unicorns are doin' it, so why couldn't one extremely powerful unicorn do it in modern times?" he scratched his head, "'less they made the spell forbidden to anypony who ain't luna and Celestia... yeah. That'd make sense" he trotted over to the single desk in the room, and quietly closed a book that was on it, a book he had been studying when he woke up in the middle of his sleep last night, "Hope you can remember that, and everything from this here trip, it'd make for some amazin' paintings!" he grins, "But Ah'm not sure anypony would believe you if you told them what happened to us..." he stared back out the window, a small smile appearing on his face as he felt a feeling of tranquility spread through out him.

"Possibly... but then again the princesses cutie marks are the sun and moon so maybe they just have a natural affinity for it?" she said questioningly before shrugging and trotting over to Rusty,"And yea these sure will make some awesome paintings! and besides even if they won't believe i saww it I can just say it's my interprrtational hypothe-whatever." she said with a chuckle. Suddenly a cold gust rushed over the pair as they enjoyed the view, pressy left shivering.

"Somethin' tells me we should try not to overstay our welcome..." echoing far in the distance she thought she heard some faint but shrill whinnying but simply pretended not to hear it.

Chuckles, "That is true too... guess we'd have to ask em on how this whole thing works..." he thought about the idea for a while, finding it interesting that there may be spells that only Alicorns can cast. However, his thoughts were swiftly interrupted by a cool breeze, reminding him and Pressy of how little time they actually have.

He thought, "Well... I could just... repair the essentials of the time machine... ya know? Repair just enough for us to be able to do the original mission, and then to get back home, where I would be able to fix my machine up real easy!" he made a quick mental list of what would be essentials, mulling one or two items over a few times in his head, before deciding to add them as well. He looked at her, smiling warmly "Well Pressy, we should be gettin' goin' now! Got some herbs to pick in the everfree!"

The Unicorn nodded and put on a determined smile,"Right, let's go!" she said as she got her saddlebags and got them on her back. Thinking for a moment she took the sheets and placed them back on the the bed somewhat messily. She hadn't had to make a bed in a long time so it still looked rather disheveled, the mare blushing slightly as she thought how this would look to the innkeeper's cleaners.

"uh yea... let's get outta here."

As the duo approached the Barkeep he spoke up,"Hope you two had fun!"

Rusty frowns at the barkeeps taunt, his eye twitching, barely ignoring every fiber in his body screaming at him to buck the stallion in the face. He quickly picks up his pace, making it out of the tavarn, and when he made it out he took several deep breaths, "I swear to celestia... I could just... GAH!" he yelled put in frustration, causing a large shot of magical discharge to shoot out of his horn.

It was lucky for the pair that there weren't any unicorn around to see that. Coughing awkwardly at Rusty she patted his back with her hoof,"Don' worry Rusty. Hopefully we won't 'ave ta stay there again." The mare pulled her scarf from her bag and wrapped it around her neck. Shivering ever so slightly as she felt the cold air nipping at her.

He smiled at her, chuckling sheepishly "Sorry, still don't have much control over this thing..." he tapped his hoof on his horn, then looked back at her putting on her scarf. He frowns, reminded that they have no time to waste, "C'mon, let's go, we gotta go get them herbs..." he begins trotting away, though his face was faster then his normal one, which was usually slow and relaxed.

The young mare trotted alongside Rusty,"So, what do these herbs look like? Will they be deep in the forest?" as the duo trotted out of town they noticed some of the other ponies taking not of the unusual cold.

Thought for a second, trying remember "Huh... oh... it's been... what... ten years since I collected these things? Well... if I remember rightly, they were blue, large, and had one big fat leave on a skinny stem. And yeap, they're real deep in the everfree... but it'll be worth it!" he said nudging her, "You know, the everfree ain't that bad, all ya need to know is how to navigate it. Once you know that, it's like walking through Ponyville park!

'cept... you can get killed... and..." he mumbled off for a moment, obviously getting lost in his thoughts, which was odd because it hasn't happened in a while. He shook his head, stammer "B-but, if ya... uhm... jus' follow me, and you'll be good! 'less you've already 'splored the Everfree, and know your way 'round it."