An assistant is needed (No slots left)

TheHybrid

"what do you think?! it's obviious they wanna be found... grr ugh..."The mare cringed abit almost as if something had stung her, but it was obvious nothing had. Her body shiverd and it seemed a bit of color returned to her before it was promptly shut back off. The corrupted unicorn growled at herself as her true self sought to get rid of this darkness infesting her form.

Seeing as presteza's horn was still not as useful as a conduit for magic as other unicorn, this corrupted mare may not be as easily able to purge this corruption from herself as her friend did. "Now... don' ignore me..." the mare slowly walked towards rusty. her eyes hidden by the brim of her hat and locks of her mane,"Gimme one good reason I should leave A useless old wreck of a stallion like you behind!" she said as her tears began to well up again.

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He chuckles, using his telekinesis spell to put the flower behind the mares ear, then lifts her chin with his hoof, looking directly into her eyes, "Cause I know Pressy, and she'd never do that. She'd stick by her friends, loyally, and faithfully, until the very end. She wouldn't suddenly turn her back on them like a coward, she would stick around, and keep fighten, even when her friends are not in their right minds. And another thing about her Ah know, she is a strong mare, and doens't let anypony push her around, even somethin' awful like you. 'SPECIALLY since she's been pushed around her entire life, been told what she can and can't do, been told she's useless, been told she is good for nothin'. And Ah'm sure she's tired of it... and doesn't have time to let some disgustin' creature take control of her body, and torment her friends... isn't that right, Pressy?" he winked, but it didn't seem like it was directed to the evil creature on the outside, but to the beautiful mare on the inside.

The mare stared for a moment and that smile Rusty had seen many times before came through again as the color returned to her before flickering back off and on. the flickering between her usual yellowish tan and the corrupted dull grey grew more intense until she fell over and shivered rapidly mutteing to herself. The darker version of her putting up what seemed to be a pretty good fight inside of her.

"W-would ya ... shut up.... l-lyin'" she said as the grey returned only to fade again,"No! you're the liar ya amateur! I bet ya couldn't paint a mural ta save yer life!" she said to seemingly herself as her color returned. This was quite a sight to behold, A rapidly flickering unicorn shooting off insults at herself and returning them in an almost entirely different voice.

"Git outta my head!" she shouted as her horn began to shimmer in crackling black and green magic on to fizzle out a moment later. A brief pause happened before she immediately returned to her that dull grey color and she burst into guffawing laughter,"Ya, really are useless! all that talk and ya can't even expel me!" She flickered back to natural color and thought for a moment and grinned,"Naw, A normal spell is too dignified an exit fer ya!" she retorted before taking the flower from behind her ear holding it to her muzzle and taking a deep breath.

She flickered back and her grey self went wide eyed before throwing the flowering to the ground and stomping it into the dirt rapidly caughing as she wiggled her muzzle,"w-wot on earth did ya-aah.... ah..." her jaw fell slack and after a moment,"Ah-Chiew!" The mare sneezed while bucking , her horn lighting up and firing off the torrent of dark magical energy which floated into a looming black cloud that just floated above the pair for a moment as if glaring at them and then darting into the woods.

Pressy blushed a bit and rubbed her hoof to her nose with a sniffle,"S-sorry abou' that..."she said in a sad tone accompanied by a sniffle for different reasons.

Rusty simply watches the mare as she struggles with the evil force, not cheering her on, not intervening in anyway. However, when she finally did expel the thing from her body, e couldn't contain himself anylonger.

He smiles wide, his eyes practically beaming with pride and releif, "Ah knew you could do it!" he hugs her, something rare for the stallion to do, "Ah coulda easily gotten rid of that dark energy for ya, but I didn't intervene. Ah just watched, prayin' for ya, cause Ah knew this was somethin' you needed to do, not me. And ya did, ya really did! Heh, sneezed her away like she was some sorta bad cold..." he chuckles warmly, then says in nicest tone he has ever used "Ah'm so proud of you..."

Pressy laughed slightly nervously and sniffled,"Who woulda thought an allergy would save my life?"she said with a chucckle and wiggle of her nose, her muzzle ever so slightly red. "And thanks, Rusty... but now we got two o' those evil cloud things floating around here..."

Rusty backs off the hug, smiling sheepishly "S-sorry... Ah uh... Ah got a bit carrired way their huh?" he clears his through, and regains his composure, then replies to the mares second statement "Eyep, two of 'em now... it's prolly gonna be a lot harder to actually get to the plant now... but... it also means we got more plot to kick when we get there, so it bala-" he stopped talking, as his exp<b></b>ression on his face changed from one of happiness and determinaton, to one of complete and utter terror. His body stiffined up and froze, his eyes widening to the size of saucers "C-C-CAT!" he fell over to his side, pointing out at what appeared to be, quite an adorable black house cat. It mewed, which caused Rusty to head for the bushes, "IT'S SOMBRA, I TELL YA, SOMBRA!" he points to the cat still, shaking in the bush.

The mare sniffles a bit again and tilts her head,"What's the matter, Rusty?"she trotted over and looked at the feline."It's just a cat? wot's wrong ya got an allergy too?" she said jokingly sticking her tongue out at her friend. She looked back to the cat and looks down,"you get lost little guy?"

Shakes his head, "I hate cat's! All of em'! Nothin' but sneaky little monsters that attack ya when yur not lookin'!" the cat meows again, then suddenly start coughing. He continues to cough, and cough, and cough, until finally it explodes into a dark cloud of black smog. The smog flies away, laughing in what could only be described as "Rusty's evil laugh". Rusty blinked for a few moments, "Wait... was that...." he processed what happened for a couple more seconds, until he grits his teeth and frowns "OH IT WAS HIM! AH... JEEZ!" he storms out of the bush, "Now they're playin' petty little tricks on us, tryin' to psych us out! Well it wont work. C'mon pressy... let's go." he begins trotting away.

She nodded and galloped off with rusty giggling slightly,"I-I didn't know ya were afraid o' cats." she said still giggling before stopping hearing what sounded like a shrill whinny from behind them. This was a sound pressy had nightmares about as a filly since she heard the tale of Hearth's warming eve; the sound of the Windigoes. although to rusty he wouldn't hear anything at all as the mare began to shiver. It was still nippy out but it wasn't freezing the way the mare seemed to be she glanced behind her and galloped forward.

"Rusty, run!" she said speeding by seemingly running from absolutely nothing.

Rusty me to a slow stop as he saw the crazed mare run past him, and just stared at her in confusion, and quite frankly, concern "You alright, Pressy? What're you runnin' from?" the stallion does a full 360 degres checking around him, and does it a second time after his first spin came up blank, however he still got the same result. He frowned, realizing what was goin' on "WOULD YOU TWO JUS' QUIT IT? LEAVE US ALONE ALREADY! WE DON' MEAN NO HARM TO Y'ALL, IF Y'ALL JUS' STAY OUTTA OUR WAY, NOTHIN' WILL HAPPEN!" he was breathing heavily, he felt like he was seething. The stallion sighed, taking a few deep breaths, before galloping after Pressy. He would deal with those two later...

The frightened mare continued galloping off as she heard the whinnying sound like it was getting closer, almost right behind her. The sound of rusty's galloping only served to help out the dark spirits' plans, as he neared his friend they made the sound of whinnying in her head grow louder. Pressy couldn't bring herself to look back and she kept up her gallop.

Ahead on the path the thick root of one of the gnarled looking trees lifted up slightly out of the soil, but not high enough to be seen immediately. Still galloping forward and in a frenzied terror of a mindset she tripped over the root and was sent tumbling forward until she collided with the trunk of one of said trees, her view now upside down as she saw Rusty,"Ru-Rusty? Where's the Windigo? I heard it right behind me... and why're you upside down?" said the mare now flipped over.

The inventor sighed as he troted up to his bewildered friend, frustration clearly present in his expression "Pressy, there ain't no Windigo's... Ah mean, there are, up there in the sky, but none down here, and none chasin' ya. It was our new friends, tryin' to get you all upset, tryin' to mess us up..." he looked her over, then sighed, "And... Ah'm not gonna even ask about how you got yourself situatuiated like this. Jus' uh... take my hoof. Ah guess... also yur hat is ruined..." he though for a moment, "Oh wait, that reminds me!" he takes his own hat out of his saddle bag, and puts it on, smiling wide "Eyep! All good now!" he extends his hoof, "Sorry 'bout that, now c'mon."

Presteza nodded and sighed, blushing a bit,"y-yea... sorry abou' that..." she eventually got herself back onto her hooves and brushed herself off. "Well... I think I tripped on somethin' " she smiled a bit as Rusty planted his hat on her head,"again... Sorry, I used to hear stories about the windigoes from my big brother on hearth's warming eve, stuff like how they're not really gone but just waitin' fer more hatred to feed on." She shivered as she felt the air get a bit colder.

Shrugs, "Ah well they ain't really ever gone, but it'll take some hate-filled apocalypse for em' to come back!" he chuckled, fixing his hat on her head so it was a bit more straight "But that'll never happen... least in our lifetime.... now come on lets go, we're real close to the plants now, just gotta go down a few more small roads!" he was just to begin trotting again, bottling up all of the stress the current situations were giving him and putting the 'bottles' on the back shelf of his mind. He knew it wasn't healthy, but hey, he needed to get through as fas as he could, and this was the best way to do that. However, just before he takes the first step, his hat that Pressy is wearing, disintegrated, right before his eyes. He freezes, right in his tracks, looking at the mares head where his hat once was with wide eyes. He began to gasp lightly in shock, taking a step back, still not fully comprehending what he just saw.

"No..." he finally said after a few moments, "No... no no no no! NO! That... that... that is just sick! How could you do that... h-how could y-" however, he ws interupted mid speech when Pressy's blue scarf, disintegrated as well ((Don't worry it's not forever :P ))

The mare tilted her head a moment at Rusty,"wot?" she said before noticing the top of her head felt cold,"u-uh-oh..."she said before going over to rusty and about to try and console him before she noticed her brother's scarf disappearing before her eyes. she stood there mouth agape before she grit her teeth and turned to the forest,"Th-that's horrible... you you..."The mare went to the side of the past and shouted at the forest,"YA BIG JERKS!" she shouted at the top of her lungs.

She took a breath and yelled again at the forest, her voice echoing through the woods,"Give it back!... give it... back" she said as her voice began to drop a few tones and became a bit unsteady, remebering all the memories she had attached to that scarf and her brother... there was no way she could leave this period with out it, she just couldn't. Her head hung slightly as she spoke quietly and sadly,"Give it back..."

Rusty stomped his hoof, snorting "Ah'll destroy him... Ah swear to... Celestia... Ah'll destroy him..." he had that had nearly his entire life now, it was a reminder to his proudest day in his life, when he got his cutie mark. But now... it was gone.... he sighed, "That... that hat just... wasn't any old hat... my... my idol gave it to me when Ah got my cutie mark..." he takes a few deep breaths, his voice shaking madly with anger, rage, and hatred "And... and Ah'm guessin' yur scarf... musta been important to you too... this is...." and right before he could finish his though, what do you know, the negative dynamic duo themselves appear infront of the two ponies, looking like the dark versions of themselves. Dark Rusty, was now wearing Rusty's hat, while dark Pressy, was wearing her blue scarf. Dark Rusty grinned, "Hey y'all, why so sad?" he asks in a patronizing voice.

Presteza nodded a bit and looked to rusty,"I know how ya feel, my friend Atelier gave me my favorite paintbrush ... when... I..."her eyes went wide as she relazed her bags felt slightly lighter and bucked them off of her back. Immediately the mare nosed through the bags and grit her teeth again,"The li'l ... she took Atelier's paintbrush!" she said loudly.

"Ya mean this ol' piece o' junk?" said the more feminine patronizing voice beside Rusty's doppelganger, The dull grey unicorn levitated the paintbrush in the air. The original mare glared at her copy and took a step forward,"ya don' deserve ta be usin' that ... give. it. back." Presteza seemed like an almost different mare. Her normally fun loving and eager nature replaced by what seemed almost cold and calm voice as she approached her darker self.

"Wot... ya want this? I guess ya want yer big brother's scarf back too, eh?" she asked condescendingly before she tugged at it and looked to her version of rusty,"I think it looks better on me don't ya think, Old timer?"

The grey stallion smirked, nodding "Yeah, and wouldn't wouldnt ya say this black top bat complements my grey coat?" he says, fixing up the tophat, looking back at the two "Also, good luck gettin' home, took all of those parts you ordered an' put em in the time machine, which is still underground by the way... also caused a bit of a fight with one o' them earth ponies in that pony-settlement... braggin' bout how unicorns are the best n' such, ya know how it goes." he laughs heartily, clapping his hoofs together, then looks at Dark Pressy "Now that should be fun! What do you think Rust-" as he goes back to look at Rusty, he notices two back hooves had connected with his face in a rather forcful manner, sending him flying back. The normal Rusty went out of his bucking position, standing normal "I'm tired of you, Ah really am. So c'mon now lets end this here and fight like real stallions." Rusty said, his face unchanging, his voice emotionless.

The dull grey mare chuckled a bit as the dark stallion was sent flying, applauding normal rusty by stomping the ground a few times,"Bravo! 'e sure sent ya fer a trip didn' 'e?" she said glancing back at the evil version of rusty.

The true presteza charged the darker version of herself and then leapt at her, stomping on the ground on her landing. Before she landed however the grey mare's horn lit up a moment before she dissapeared a moment seemingly teleported to the side smirking,"Nice try, amateur." she said with a sneer the brush still levitating above her.

"I said gimme that back!" she shouted to the mare.

Rusty trots over to the downed grey stallion, ignoring grey Pressy and her remarks. When he gets over to him, he simply stares and watches coldly as the grey stallion struggles to get up, not feeling a single drop of pity for him "Ah have no respect for you. None, whatsoever. You are the total oppisite of who Ah am, and what I beleive in. Now-" everything went black for a moment in a hot flash of pain as he felt a hoof smash right into his face. He staggered backwards, his face contorting in agony, which caused a feeling of satosfaction to manifest in the grey stallion, "You talk too much... " he says, getting up "And I think none of us want to here yur babblin'..."

Pressy, the real pressy turned to rusty,"to be honest Rust I couldn't agree more... I say we stow the chatter and just kick their plots!" she said with a determined smile as she glared at her doppleganger

Rusty nodded, grinning painfully "Eyep, les end this... we've come too far to be stopped by... well... ourselves..." he says, chuckling while wincing lightly. Dark Rusty's eye twitchs, and he frowns, "Nuff talk, lets get to fighten!" he yells out, stomping his hoof as he prepares to charge at Rusty, horn down, in what can only be assumed that he will attempt to impale him. And so he goes, charging full speed at the Brownish-orange stallion, not really looking where he was going, letting fury and over-confidence take over, and not even noticing that Rusty side steped out of the way at the beginning of that charge, graciously allowing the grey stallion to charge right into a hard tree while Rusty went through Pressy's saddle bag, pullng out the mirror she had used on the cockatrice, not looking directly in the reflection of it. He chuckles, "Guess that's one thing you didn't get from me... you ain't too bright, are ya buddy?" he says, looking at the mirror, "And you do know what happens when a cockatrice looks into a mirror, right? Some of their power gets sucked right into it, turnin' anypony who looks into it..." he says as he suddenly forces the mirror into the Grey stallions face, right as he stood back up "inta stone!" the grey stallion tried to look away while putting a hoof infront of his face, but it was too late, he was already entranced.

And soon enough, he was completely encased in stone, in the same position as before, covering up his eyes. Rusty throws the mirror back at Pressy, "Here, use this when she's stunned!"

Presteza leapt to catch the mirror in her teeth. She manged to catch it holding it tight between her teeth as she speeded toward her evil twin only to be blasted back by a gust of wind. With a swing of pressy's brush she had conjured up a powerful gust,"No wonda ya wanted this thing back so much er magic is useless without it!" she said with a sneer. The dull grey mare strolling forward with the brush still levitating above her head in her greyish blue aura.

((If you want me to do something specific, or do something else, then messege me and I'll change my post)) Rusty takes his hat off his now statuefied doppelganger and brushes it off, then proudy puts it back on "Ah think it looked better on me, anyways..." he mumbles, chuckling quietly to himself. Remembering the struggle behind him, he turns around to see the latest on the fight Pressy was having with herself, realizing it probably isn't a good thing when he saw her get blasted back with a gust of wind, "C'mon Pressy, beat this mare! You already beat'er once, beat'er again! Be creative" he cheered, still not intervening directly into the fight.

Pressy rolled over on the ground and almost growled as she stood back up,"Wot's the matta ya don' think ya can take me with out some fancy magic?!" she said with a smirk.

"hm... ya got a point, I mean I am you after all... so I could just beat ya senseless without this worthless brush!" with that the dark mare tossed the paintbrush into the bushes beside the road, pressy stood there her mouth agape bbefore she grit her teeth and furrowed her brow in anger,"I can't believe you... you don' deserve ta be me!" she shouted before charging at her darker self, lowering her horn in attack, while it may not have been as good for casting it was still useful for any charging attack, the dull grye mare mirrored her move and charged in return, the grey unicron closed her eyes as she braced for impact.

The true presys smirked and lowered herself down as she saw her dark self close her eyes and got under her to flip her over and leave the dull grey mare dazed. with that she went over and grabbed the mirror in her teeth, bringing it over and dropiing it on her darker self's muzzle leaving herself petrified in stone before he took her scarf right back.