An assistant is needed (No slots left)

TheHybrid

"Well... Maybe if I do go you should probably wait outside the entrance ... we gotta face it, A single unicorn entering a Unicorn city won't make anypony suspicious, if I entered it with you it'll be a bit more brow raisin'." Pressy may not have been the smartest of unicorns but she had an excellent memory and her time spent studying equestrian history in school would not have been in vain! She looked at the group of stallion and simply stuck her tongue out at them, one of them seemed about to come over but another one just pulled him back.

"But... if ya did come with me you'd need a disguise o' somekind..."

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He sighed lookin' around, he hated the vibe this whole place gave him "Ah... Ah hate it here... it's freaky... it just ain't natural to be liven so divided..." he looks at the mare, "Yeah... oh wait... I think I have somethin' in my saddle-bag..." he rustles through his bag, and smiles wide when he finds what he was looking for "Eyep, there it is! My spells-to-go fake unicorn horn!" he takes it out, and shows it to her "One of my latest projects are these here unicorn horns.. don't worry, they're just ceramic... well enchanted ceramic. I got them enchanted by mixin' them with some magical herbs this Zebra lady in the Everfree gave me.... Zekory or somethin'. Anyway, the herbs make it so non-unicorn ponies can perform some spells... only for a little while of course, these things don't last too long. It doesn' make an earth-pony into a unicorn, not even close!

It just makes it so we non-unicorns can preform a few very simple spells." he straps it on to his head, which causes it to flash, and fuse with it "Annnnd.... there! Should fall right off when it's used up..." he looks at her, grinin' "Ready?"

Pressy smiled and laughed a bit as she witnessed the stallion plant the fake horn upon his head, "Okay, I really should try and meet that zebra sometime..." It still occurred to her she had yet to actually travel outside of Equestria yet.

"I heard the unicorns o' this time were alot more prim, proper,posh...and other stuff that starts with the letter "P" tha' sounds fancy... I guess I'm gonna have to try and look the part." The mare sighed and lowered her head, ears flattening. "I hate bein' dolled up... well anyway to the closest unicorn city" She said hopping up on her hind legs and pointing her hoof forward, her chest puffed out.

After a brief pause she looked around and then pointed behind her,"Or is it that way?..."

He thinks for a moment, looking around "Oh... well uhm... maybe Ah should of asked somepony where the unicorn city was before Ah put on this horn... cause now nopony will be answerin' to us!" he taps the horn, then frowns "Ah gosh darn it... Ah mean, Ah have an idea on how we can do this, but Ah dont like it... cause it'll just make this whole thing take longer then it should." he looks at her hopefully, smiling nervously "You got any ideas?"

Pressy thought for a few and looked over to the group of stallion's and thought for a moment, Rusty could practically see the gears whirring going in her head before a smile creased her lips.

"I May have one... S'a bit risky, wait here a second." The mare took a deep breath and removed her hat and the bands on her mane, hoofing them to rusty. she seemd to be trying to tidy herself up a bit before she nonchalantly went over to the group, smiling calmly. The conversation was just out of earshot for Rusty but it seemed some of the stallions seemed to be blushing a bit. After a few minutes of conversation. She bowed politely to the group and cantered back to her friend, at first the earth ponies were waving happily at her but then seemed to be glaring at rusty and then muttering to themselves.

"Okay, apparently It's north by northeast ... let's hurry up and get out of 'ere..."she said leading the older stallion towards the destination with her.

He grins, then laughs out loud "Well that works! Puttin' those moves on them stallions... I wouldn't of been able to do that..." he laughs more at the thought, "Ah don't think they would take too kindly to an old Stallion flirtn' with them!" he trots next to her, getting back on topic "Right right... so we need a few things... the stuff in the binder in my saddle-bag... and fuel for the machine, since it's all out. Now for fuel, we have two options: Raw liquid magic energy, which you get by extractin' the magic out of magic filled herbs, or we can use raw unicorn magic energy! The herbs are only found in the Everfree... almost killed me and my friend the first time we got them... and that was ten years ago... well... ten years ago from the time we came from, obviously. Now the second option..." he thinks for a moment, biting his lip nervously "Well... it requires a unicorn to put their raw magical energy into the time machine. A little horn-cuff things comes from the ceiling, and begins to use the unicorns magic reserves for energy..." he clears his throat, "This option... c'n be very dangerous to the unicorn doin' it..." he thinks for a moment, "But... I think I have another plan. I'll tell you it later. For now, let's just worry about the parts."

Presteza chuckles and nods,"Well, sometimes a mare has to know how to turn on the charm."She said with a hint of pride and chuckled at the second remark,"Yea... I don' think you're their type, Honestly with how they were actin' before I was surprised it worked too!" The Suggestion of the magic filled herbs seemed like the best choice in her mind. While she was still getting better at controlling her magic... even if she found she could only cast spells while holding her favorite paintbrush in her mouth, but Just using directionless magical energy with her problems seemed more dangerous to her than the Everfree Forest of ancient times.

"Oh yeah the parts... could you get the list for me? no telekinesis remember?" she asked somewhat nervously of her friend while they trotted to the City that seemed to be just poking up over the horizon.

Nods, "Right... now... lets test this thing out!" he focuses hard, making some grunting sounds as a magical aura flickers onto his 'horn', then envelopes his saddle bag as he opens up the main compartment. He takes his focus off of the bag, and switches it to the binder inside of it. The binder slowly, and shakily comes out of the saddle bag and flops onto the ground. Rusty pants hard, wiping off some sweat from his forhead "Phew! That was real hard... but it works!" he smiles proudly.

The Mare chuckled and nodded,"Ya sure did better than I would if I tried... anyway." she lowers head and picks up the binder and in her teeth and gives it to Rusty,"What's our first part we need?"

Rusty thought for a moment, "Well firstly we need part of the panel that is gone... secondly we need the black-smith to smith up some cogs and gears, we'll just tell 'im they're decorative pieces. Thirdly, we'll need some wires... so we'll just buy the materials we need to make em in town. I can hook up all the wires from the broken/missing mini-displays, to the main display, so all the info would be displayed on that... so all I'd have t do it repair it. And for that, we'd need alot of glass n' metal. Lastly, we'd just need him to make a few buttons and levers, maybe the parts for a few pistons as well." he thinks, "Should take... a few days... to fix."

She nods as they continue down the road, her easy flicking around occasionally as she thought she heard something in the bushes. Pressy looked back to her friend and smiled a bit nervously, she'd heard alot of stories about how dangerous things were before the both the Defeat of discord and the reign of the sisters was and on this journey it seemed like she would learn whether they were true eventually.

"Yeah I think a blacksmithing pony should be able to take care of mosta the metalworky stuff... but the herbs sound like they might be a challenge...."

Nods, "Yeah... they might be a challenge to get... 'specially in this time. Gotta lotta crazy ponies living in the everfree durin' this time, and a lotta dangerous ones too. And I'm not exactly sure where we would find this plant anyways..." he heard some rustling in the bushes as well, and picked-up speed. "C'mon now, no use walkin' so slow. We'll get there faster..."

The mare galloped along side her friend, nodding as she did so,"I couldn't agree more!"

As the two ponies picked up their pace and began to leave that feeling of unease behind them, from the depths of those bushes they left behind came three pairs of glowing yellow eyes watching the two travelers on their way to the city. With them dissapearing over the horizon a wooden paw emerged from the bush...

Rusty goes to take a quick side glance at the bushes, thinking to himself "C'mon Rusty, just look. It'll make you sure of the fact that you and Pressy are completely safe from danger and..." as his eyes hit the wooden claw, he freezes, his bood running cold "OH SWEET MIGHTY SUN GODDESS!" he yells out, "TIMBER WOLF! RUN FER YUR LIVES!" he says as he begins running, hoping that Pressy followed after him. He was all facin' his issues head on, but not when they were a Timber Wolf. No. That's when you run. Away. Very fast.

Pressy glanced back and went wide eyed, before practically taking off with speed, at first passing Rusty but then slowing down to match speed with her friend. "C'mon Rusty, you're the genius inventor 'ere! don't ya got something we can get rid o' these things with?!" she asked as she looked back again and saw the large Lumber-based lupines gaining on them.

Runs for a while, "I uh... I uh..." his eyes widen as he remembers something. All of the fake unicorn horns he had made have a fail safe, an energy release spell, incase something went wrong. This would release all of the horns energy to wherever the user was pointing, and shouldn't be used if the horn's energy was still mostly full... for obvious reasons. He spins around and stops dead in his tracks, facing the wolves with a insane grin spread across his face. These wolves didn't stand a change now, and he knew it, "Come and get me ya dumb varmints, COME AND GET ME!" and at that, he activated the energy release spell on his horn, pointing it directly at the 'Dumb varmints'. The horn began to glow intensely bright, and crack, failing to contain the sudden amount of energy about to pass through. Then... it disintegrated as a large, blinding beam of magic energy shot out of the horn, completely obliterating the wolves. Rusty stood there for a moment, wide eyed, staring at the giant pile of ash on the ground that used to be several terrifying timber wolves. "Well.... uhm... that takes care of that.... I 'spose..."

Pressy just stood there, staring at the incredible display of magical power with her mouth hanging wide open. Eventually she got around to shutting her jaw and coughing, trotting over to her friend and poked his side,"um... you wouldn't happen to have anymore of those things?" sh asked somewhat timidly. Honestly she was ready to have to use her own magic if she had to, but she was intending to break the wolves apart and scatter their wooden bodies, the most she expected from rusty was some kind of blinding device.

Going over to the piles of ash she experimentally poked her hoof to it, these things had without a doubt kicked the bucket,"Good luck Rebuildin' yerselves from that!" she yelled at the ashes before she went back over to rusty and looked him over.

"Um... if ya don't have a spare we might have to either sneak ya in or I'd have to go in myself..."

Shivers lightly for moment, still staring at the ashes in shock "Ah... Ah just... Ah..." he stammered on a few moments, the full extent of what he just did hitting him. He shook himself, refusing to finish the thought, and instead pushes it into the back his mind as he looks at Pressy, smiling... but it seemed somewhat forced "Well that takes care of that, huh? And no, I don' got any extra horns on me... but I think it'd be a mite safer for me to be walkin' in with you into Unicornia rather you walkin' in with me into Ponyville. The worst them snobby unicorns..." he catches himself, "Only referen to this time period's unicorns of course, but the worst they c'n do is give me disapproving stares, and maybe act all offended and hoity-toity!"

"Wot the?!" pressy jumped back as a pair of yellow eyes appeared on each pile of ashes and the piles collectively just slinked away into the bushes, once again dumbfounded.

"Sweet Celestia, those things are resill- resi... er tough!" she said as they disappeared. "Well uh.. if you're sure... let's get outta here before something else comes for us!" she said as they went on their way.

Blinked as he watched the ash pile slink away, scratching his head "Well... shoot..." he trotted along side the mare, going through some thoughts "You know that fake horn is also a basis for another type of horn I am developin'... a replacement one. For unicorns that lost their horn in an accident or something... it's permanent, unlike the other one. Probably one of my proudest inventions ever..." he chuckles warmly, "How'd ya expect Unicornia will receive me?"

Pressy chuckled, "The one's in this age will probably wonder just how you made it and then accuse you of somethin' crazy!" thinking a moment about Rusty's invention she spoke up, "I hope ya don't plan on tryin' to sell that stuff while we're there. I read alot o' books as a filly that involved time travel and when ya try stuff like that it never works out well." she said with a hearty laugh.

Raises a brow, "Ah might be buisness minded at times, but Ah ain't stupid." he chuckles, "That would cause massive havok.... and I ain't making those new horns just for profit." he frowns, "Have you ever seen a unicorn that's told that they're horn is gone, after an accident? It's heart-breakin'... most of them seem understandably dead inside. That's why Ah made these horns, figuring we got artificial limbs, why not horns?"

As she listened to Rusty's speech the mare started to lose a bit of speed as she remember a bit of foalhood, Constant tries and fails at telekinesis, repeated blunders at the attempt of conjuring and the feeling like she was letting everypony in her family down, it just seemed to be weighing her down. While using her horn once she had found her cutie mark was easy as pie when she painted ,she always had to use her paintbrush to channel her magic but before that she had believed magic was the only thing that positively every unicorn had to learn and use. Alot of times as a filly she wasn't sure if it was her horn that was the problem... or if she just had no place with any of the pony species.

For a moment Rusty could have been able see that almost dead inside look he spoke of, presteza had an excellent memory to the point she could remember just about anything or any face if she knew the name that went with it and with any sad memory she remember she could experience it with full clarity.

Rusty looked over to Presteza, his normally confident smile fades quickly. He could instantly tell their was something bothering the young mare, wondering if he accidentally brought up some burried memories. After a few more moments, he gently stops her with his hoof, and looks her straight in the eyes, his face full of worry and concern "Presteza... you alright? What's the matter?" he asks her in soothing, calm voice. ((Sorry if it's a bit overkill, IRL sad people make me feel sad... and you're OC is making me sad right now xD guess it translated over))

(It's a tiny bit much. but it's not forced and I like it!^_^ ))

Pressy snapped out of it for a moment and was blushing rather heavily as she realized what had just happened,"Oh! uh, yeah! Sorry got swept up in memories is all..." she said as she resumed the walk. She sincerely wished she had her hat so she could cover her face with it and hide her embarrassment.

"Sorry, I kinda just realized how right you were. I'm glad your Heart's in the the right place Rusty!"