[Fillydelphia] The Surprise Party (OPEN)

DeepBass

It had been a while since Bass had been back to Fillydelphia, but he was glad to be back. As he soared over the skyline, he looked around at all the familiar locations. He spotted the restaurant where he had shared his first date with Lilia, the record shop that he had worked at for the longest time, and the countless clubs and bars where he had performed, either with his old band, or solo. It was a nice trip down memory lane, but the memories were just that. Memories.

He slowed to a glide, and landed, not long after being waved down by a familiar figure, who immediately took wrapped him in an ecstatic hug. "Bass, you're back! Treble said you'd be coming home, today! I'm just so happy to see you again! Happy birthday, by the way!"

Bass laughed, as Midsy wrapped him in a tight hug. "I missed you, too, Midsy. And thanks."

After a second, the mare released Bass from the hug. "So, what are you gonna do now? I bet there're so many things you wanna do, now that you're home, huh?"

Bass shook his head. "Not really anything just yet. It was a decent flight from Stalliongrad. I kind of want to just take a nap."

Midsy's eyes went wide. "Oh! Well, you can't do that! Treble's trying to get the apartment nice and clean for you. You don't want to imterrupt her, do you?"

Meanwhile, on the other side of town, Treble was frantically hanging decorations around the apartment. "Oh, why didn't I do this sooner? And when are those guests going to arrive?" Treble had gone through the trouble of planning a surprise party for Bass, and inviting just about everyone, but no one had arrived yet.

Cherry cursed herself as she flew to Fillydelphia. She had overslept! Treble had gone to great lengths to invite her and Lilia to Bass' birthday party and she, for one, wasn't going to miss out on some fun. She sighed. While she loved her twin sister, it took a lot to pull her from her job. She knew she wasn't going to come and had asked Cherry to bring a gift from her on top of the gift she had already gotten for Bass. She spied the location to land and did her best not to crash as she braked hard in the air. The thud, however, she didn't anticipate.

"Well, that...hurt. Gifts...gifts...Ok, they're safe. I just hope I'm not too terribly late!" She muttered, making sure that her cargo was still secure before knocking on the door. Lilia's gift to Bass was something only Lilia would give...a free anytime pass to see her foalhood album with her mother. Cherry was a bit more practical and found an antique microphone that she was sure Bass would love. She sighed and switched the labels on the gifts one last time, making sure that Lilia got credit for being the thoughtful marefriend she was.

Treble had finally finished putting the finishing touches on the decorations for the party, as she heard a knock on the door. Her mane was a mess from the rushing and worry that the decorations wouldn't be done in time. She dashed to the door, and stopped halfway, looking into the mirror at her mane, and turned to go fix her mane quickly, then stopped, nearly pacing between the door, and her bedroom debating on whether or not to fix her mane, then just decided to say 'Screw it' and move to the door. She looked through the peephole, and sighed in relief, as she saw Cherry standing outside, then opened the door. "Good morning, Cherry. Are you the only one?"

Somehow, some way, Midsy had convinced Bass to visit his old favorite sandwich shop. Bass sat at the table, as Midsy frantically looked over the menu. "Midsy, what are you doing? You always get the same thing here."

Midsy continued looking at the menu, trying to figure out which item would take the longest to prepare. "I just wanted to try something new!"

"Midsy... you never try anything new..."

Cherry smiled at Treble, nodding.

"So far, yeah...I'm sorry I'm late. Lilia said she wanted to come but had a really finicky client who kept changing how her wedding was gonna be and Mom said she'd send some fresh Apple Bread to make up for not being here today. Apparently, she has herself a stallion sniffing around...I'm not too sure how I feel about that. How are you, Treble?" She explained, placing her packages down before embracing the mare. She had missed Bass' sister and her friend Midsy, and felt awful about not coming to town more often.