Gala AfterGlow //Open Rp to all {Rules Inside}

QuickLime

The young noble-pony smiled and raised himself back to standing posture, stepping closer to the company. He gave a polite nod to Polaris before addressing the Prince, "So I see, your Highness. May I ask exactly what what happened to provoke this interesting sight?" Memory Lane adjusted his School-blazoned fez, seemingly a nerve tic for him, as he spoke. He was doing a good job of concealing his nerves, all things considered; still, his tension and inexperience most definitely showed to a trained eye.

• 5 weeks later...

FleurBannersqueesmaller_zps6e5c36ec.png

She had felt so light headed that she had felt her mind drift right off, was she dreaming? She could have sworn she felt lips on her own, breathing in air, though that didn't quite fix her state, it was very pleasant none the less, and Fleur let her imagination run wild, thinking a beautiful mare was trying to revive her, it was a lovely dream... And then suddenly a sharp scent shot through her nose, making her eyes pop open, and she gasped, taking a breath "Oh my!" She went pink in the face instantly, rising up, realizing she had been in Cadence's arms..oh my had the PRINCESS been- No of course not!

"Oh my..Oh my"She flustered even more, smoothing her dress "Your highness-es! I am so..so sorry!"

Octavia had no idea there would be this many guests. There seemed to be tons of ponies arriving from all corners of Equestria. She half expected this event to be particularly small, but instead there were ponies of all kinds! Even Princess Cadence herself thought it would be an excellent idea to come and visit the event, though her sudden appearence had caused the host, Fleur De Lis, to pass out. Octavia was quite surprised by this, though she then realized that Princess Celestia had also joined the event, which was cause enough to make any pony faint dead away. Octavia had dealt with Celestia once before, well she didn't deal with her, it was more of her managers part, Octavia simply played at the Grand Galloping Gala last year, and Princess Celestia just happened to be in the same castle, that was all. Octavia gave a short bow to the princesses, one of whom had helped revive the hostess. "Thank you for reviving our hostess, your highness." She said.

• 2 weeks later...
gbB5URB.png

This time around, Princess Cadence’s efforts succeeded in reviving Fleur De Lis. The ex-model’s first instinct was to apologize, but the other mare in response offered a small smile of warmth. “Think nothing of it,” Cadence reassured Fleur, repositioning the other mare so she could stand back on her four legs; “Welcome back to your own party, Ms. De Lis!”

A comment of congratulations from one of the bystanders unintentionally made the princess remember her previous failed attempt to restore Fleur’s consciousness. Now with a blush on her cheeks and a cheesy smile, Cadence awkwardly responded; “Heh heh, just doing what I can to serve the ponies of Equestria.” Clearly, she still had much to learn in preserving grace in the face of utter embarrassment. That really was one thing Cadence admired about her Auntie Celestia; how the wiser alicorn could enter absolutely any situation imaginable without making a fool of herself or losing her cool. Yes, even during the very worst of times.....

Memory Lane quickly betrayed himself as a newcomer to the social scene. Blueblood wondered if he ought to take the tarboush-wearing pony under his metaphorical wing, so to speak; the upper echelons of Canterlot could be downright mean to the faux pas of the unprepared. Something to consider, perhaps.

As for his question, "Oh, Fleur was overwhelmed by the presence of royalty en masse, naturally." He tossed back his mane with a hoof, in a classic 'showing off good looks' gesture. Leaning closer into the prefect's ear, he whispered. "Personally, I don't think she has anything to be ashamed of. This false modesty is a mistake; it is simply embarrassing to see a pony underrate themselves so extravagantly." There; he could consider that lesson one.

Ah, it seemed that the hostess was coming around, to the general applause of the company. Cadence, of course, was blushing under the compliments. “Heh heh, just doing what I can to serve the ponies of Equestria.”

The Prince, for his part, managed to stifle any s******ing when he replied, "And I am certain they appreciate all you do greatly." He did wink at Fleur, though. The entertainment this situation promised was just too good to pass up.

• 1 month later...

“Thank you Princess Celestia!” the mare awkwardly replied; “Sorry I uhhhh mixed up the proper first-aid techniques back there.”

Princess Celestia smiled at her niece. "Worry not, Princess Cadence. We all make mistakes in the heat of a moment. Your swift actions prevented our gracious host's injury." Celestia praised her fellow princess. Even though she used the wrong first aid, she did catch her from falling which would have been bad. "Even if you used the wrong first aid, you still saved her from greater injury."

Do forgive me for not greeting you immediately, Radiant Highness,” he murmured, sweeping a courtly bow to Celestia with the consummate ease of a born-and-bred noblepony. “I didn’t want to lose our hostess so early in the evening.” He let a small smile curve his mouth, a flicker of mischievous humour that he could never entirely repress. “Polaris, my Princess, by your grace the Duke of Manehattan, at your service."

'Radiant Highness'? That was certainly something new, and Celestia wasn't really sure how to respond to that title, it was something new, and she has been called many things before. Still it was not disrespectful and she wasn't one to tell ponies what to call her in official settings, and though this was an after party it was still official enough, it was taking place on her front lawn in essence. "You needn't apologize, I too am here as a guest, in fact I haven't yet greeted our host of this lovely garden party," Celestia replied to him graciously. "It is a pleasure to make your acquaintance, Duke Polaris." Princess Celetia bowed her head in greeting, as Cadence was reviving Miss Fleur.

"The Gala was alright; however," And the Prince's eyes strayed back to the drama of the Fainted Fleur playing out before them, "I didn't see anything half so interesting as this."

Celestia smiled at her nephew's response. "I am glad to hear that this year was a better experience for you." Celestia looked at the scene to which Blueblood referred. She had to agree that the current scene was rather interesting, but she couldn't exactly say that. "There were many interesting things that happened during the Gala as well, including a pony nearly turning to stone due to a potion gone awry. But I can see how this would be interesting as well."

"Oh my..Oh my"She flustered even more, smoothing her dress "Your highness-es! I am so..so sorry!"

Celestia finally approached her arising host after her fainting spell. "That is quite alright Miss Fleur de Lis. I am sure that our sudden arrival was quite a shock." Celestia pardoned her host. "This seems like a lovely affair though, it is a shame we missed you at the Gala this year."

• 1 month later...

FleurBannersqueesmaller_zps6e5c36ec.png

Between the wink from Blue Blood, and Celestia's words..not to mention Cadence's help standing? Fleur felt faint all over again! Her face was burning hot with embarrassment, she had hosted just such a simple after party for those who wanted to relax, and then all of the princesses (save one) had shown up! Her heart was still pounding as she met Celestia's calm, and comforting gaze, and she bowed her head softly "Oh your highness....I did mean to come! " Looking up at her in earnest"I did indeed! But alas my studies! I owed eit to my mentor to not let heim down a second time..I am sincerely glad zhat you are enjoying zhe party.."

With a hoof, she gently fixed her mane and glanced at all of her guests , clearing her throat "Please enjoy zhe refreshments, and zhe music! You are my guests and I wish you to party well!" She glanced at Cadence and blushed dark all over again "Excuisi-mou.." Fleur muttered, quickly trotting off to get something to drink, anything to soften the burning in her face...

gbB5URB.png

Fleur De Lis clearly was too embarrassed about the turn of events to commune with Princess Cadence any longer. Figuring that the ex-model needed some space after what happened, Cadence let the mare be. With Fleur off to get a drink, the pink alicorn didn’t have much else to do other than tell Celestia; “I suppose you’re right about how I saved Ms De Lis. Ummm... you wouldn’t happen to be interested in a drink too, would you Celestia?” Cadence could personally use a drink herself by now.....

Archived