The Legend of Nightmare Moon

Lux

Nightmare Night was in full swing. Ponies old and young were enjoying the games food, and entertainment throughout the town where a good joke and a good scare were encouraged. On the community stage, a figure dressed in an old black hooded cloak stepped forth, her body enshrouded by a green mist. As the mist cleared, the mare pulled back her hood revealing that it was none other than Zecora. Her mane was styled in tight braids wrapped around sticks, giving it the appearance of it being made of black and white snakes than actual hair.

"Welcome ponies to Nightmare Night, a time of laughter and of fright. To those fillies and colts who have collected some treats, I ask that here you should meet. For we will will travel to a mysterious sight, one dedicated to a creature of pure fright. So, gather around here and very soon, I should tell you about Princess Luna and Nightmare Moon."

Welcome to my first thread as Zecora. This thread will be similar to the events of the zebra taking fillies, colts and even adults to the Nightmare Moon statue for a tale of the rise of Nightmare Moon. Please use only up to two characters here. And as always, enjoy the fun!

LMAjjs.jpgGold Standard

yR7ESs.jpgWishing Well

Among the fillies and colts who were flocking over to hear Zecora's Classic Nightmare Night story was the orphans from the Equestria Orphanage: Gold Standard and Wishing Well. Gold Standard proudly wearing his Starswirl the Bearded costume that suited the unicorn colt perfectly, and little Wishing Well, dressed like an angel using her own natural Pegasus wings for flight.

"Hello Miss Zecora!" Gold Standard neighed as the two approached her.

"Hi, I'm Wishing Well. I hope we're not too late."

Zecora saw that two foals had approached her eager to visit the Nightmare Night statue and learn of the history. It was a childlike innocence and wonder that made the Zebra smile.

"You two are not too late. In fact your timing is great. Now if you two would follow me, we will reach the statue shortly."

The group of foals made their way to the outskirts of Ponyville where there was a collection of statues dedicated to the most famous and infamous ponies and other creatures that were part of Ponyville's history.

"Gather around and you will hear how you got your fears. By the light of the glowing moon listen to the tale of Nightmare Moon."

With that the zebra took from her saddlebag a hoof-full of greenish dust and blew on it, creating a cloud of mist in the air.

Gold Standard and Wishing Well listened with great enthusiam. This was the first time the two had been in Ponyville to hear this great story from the wise and most famous zebra in all of Equestria! They were equally fascinated by Zecora's use of potion magic. Being an entry level student at Princess Celestia's School for Gifted Unicorns, this use of potion magic was of particular interest to him.

"This is amazing!" Gold said in a low tone, not to interfere with the rest of the zebra's presentation.

"WOW!" added Wishing Well, louder than her colt pal, but not loud enough to disturb Zecora.

Zecora smiled at the filly and colt's amazement at her display of magic. It was a unique kind of magic, mixing ingredients together to create potions and other items. Then again Zecora knew about uniqueness. After all, she was to her knowledge the only zebra in Ponyville! Perhaps she would see these ponies again to learn of her craft, but for now she had a story to tell.

"A long, long time ago something happened you should know. A creature of darkness covered the land in night, bringing with it a terrible fright. It was only with Princess Celestia's might that banished the creature and brought back the light. But even in this world today there are still some ponies who will say that on this night of this year, Nightmare Moon will return to bring more fear!"

The green haze morphed into a fearsome image of Nightmare Moon flying low in the sky as if to search for ponies.

"On Nightmare Night we wear a disguise to hide from Nightmare moon's searching eyes."

The Nightmare Moon image hovered over the group searching the foals.

"Because Nightmare Moon longs for something deep in her soul: to take the ponies and swallow them whole! This night she searches in the sky, and if no pony she sees the creature will pass by. So if you dress up for this night in the year, the dark one will pass and all will be clear."

The figure searched the area and then turned and disappeared into the light of the moon.

Wishing Well and Gold Standard were truly mesmerized by the zebra's magical display and story. It seemed so real! Both screamed out at the scariest parts of the tale. While Wishing Well was truly 'lost in the moment' of Zecora's storytelling, Gold couldn't help but look at all the costumed zebra was doing with a more curious eye.

"This is amazing!" he thought to himself, "how can this zebra, with no magical horn, do such great feats of illusional magic? I have to find out how she's doing this!"

"Oh my! Please tell us more!" Wishing Well insisted.

(ooc): Hope Zecora can finish this story before the event ends

"And so the tale of Nightmare Moon comes to an end. But of Nightmare Moon you must not offend. If you place at her statue a treat, like perhaps something sweet, that a pony such as you will not eat!"

The image of Nightmare Moon returned from the statue, coming right towards the foals present. It then dissolved back into green mist, inches after "eating" the foals. Zecora watched to see how the ponies would react to giving of their candy.

Both Wishing Well and Gold Standard screamed in fright along with the rest of the foals in the group. They joined in the rest of the group tossing pieces of candy towards the frightening form of Nightmare Moon. The illusion was SO convincing, Gold had forgotten that it wasn't real and reached for some of his collected candy.

"Quick Wish, give her some candy!" Gold Standard shouted as he levitated several pieces of candy from his own stash upward.

"I am! I AM!" added Wishing Well as the tiny Pegasus filly threw a few pieces of candy towards the angry looking image.

Zecora grinned at the way the foals quickly started to add candy to the swiftly growing pile. It was nice to see that there was still the magic of imagination alive and well in these foals.

"Thank you all for coming with me, and for giving of some of your candy. Now back to Ponyville we should go, for the night is still young you know."

Zecora led the foals away from the statue garden towards the town. Little did she know that Ponyville was about to be invaded by monsters greater than in the ponies' dreams.

Thanks for the fun. I could say that this thread is now done. The invasion now continues on. Will the battle by the ponies be won?

The two foals rushed up to host their host. Zecora had done a magnificant job of both telling and 'illustrating' the story of Nightmare Moon.

"Thank you Miss Zecora!" Wishing Well neighed as the tiny Pegasus filly flew up to hug her neck.

"Yes, thank you Miss Zecora!" added Gold Standard as the unicorn colt gave the zebra a quick hug. "Loved all those magical special effects! Maybe I can visit you sometime and you can teach me about potion magic!"

With this said, the two foals rushed over to Miss Piccafilly, who then led them to their next stop for the evening, Lore Weaver's place for story time!

(ooc): Very well done, Lux! Great job with Zecora here!

Archived