The Invasion of Ponyville!

RarityDash

Queen Chrysalis was ecstatic. It was finally time. She had been planning for this day for months and watching it unfold now.she had all confidence that Twilight Sparkle and her accursed friends had gotten the better of her for the last time now. Ponyville would soon be all hers and with it the sweet satisfaction of revenge! She snickered deviously at the delicious thought. There was absolutely nothing that could stop her now.

Nightmare Night. The pony's cute little day of safe scares. For all intents it was a day for children, wrapped though it were in the frightful and fearsome. It was a day where ponies let their guard down because they wanted to be scared. They wanted to experience something more than the miserable tedium of their usual day to day. That is what made it absolutely perfect! Ponies wanted to experience fright this day, so why not give it to them? Why not give the ponies of this town the sort of Nightmare Night they'd never forget?

"Come minions, the time is now!" Chrysalis shouted out into the night. "Twilight and her loathsome little friends have been captured. The six we've put in their place should be springing their traps shortly and already ensnared much of the town! Spread out now and capture any stragglers you see!" She cackled loudly and then flew up into the air. "Soon, this town and the love of all those in it will be all ours!"

The buzz of changeling wings sounded all around her while the screams of terrified ponies became increasingly more frequent. The sound of chaotic noise filling the air all around them brought great joy to the queen. This was the taste of victory! There was none this day who could even hope to challenge her. That said, she was quite curious to see if any of these ridiculous ponies might try!

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Zecora had just returned with some foals who made their annual offering to Nightmare Moon. She was prepared to return to the festivities for some fun, but what she saw was anything but. There were creatures everywhere rounding up the ponies in town, some of which were already encased in sickening green cocoons. And in the middle of it all stood her, the Queen of the Changelings smiling at her defeat.

"Go to safety my little ponies," she said to those in her charge as calm and direct as she could, "Somewhere to hide where these creatures can't see. Leave the fighting of these creatures up to me."

Watching those run away, she prepared herself to face these creatures. She was not gifted in magic like the unicorns she met and only had a limited number of effective potions she could use on the Changelings, but she hoped it would be enough until Twilight Sparkle and her friends came.

fScvss.jpgMisty Magic

Misty Magic was now beginning to regret her decision to come to Ponyville for Nightmare Night. All she wanted to do is have a quiet, enjoyable time, vowing not to say many words lest her misfiring magic manifest itself like it did many times in her young life. But now, Ponyville was in chaos. Frightened ponies running around all over being chased by the changlings. She couldn't just stand by and allow them to overrun Equestria. Misty had to do SOMETHING, ANYTHING she could to help. Spotting Zecora in the midst of the chaos, the petite yellow unicorn mare galloped over to her.

"Zecora! What are we going to do? The changlings are here! Where are the elements of harmony? Where are the Princesses? We have to do something fast!"

*Is this town always like this? Or does it save up all its crazy for when I come home for the holidays?* Earth Writer's thoughts may not have been quite appropriate to the situation, but it was either irrelevancy or hysterical panic, and the second was not a very good survival tactic right now.

The tan unicorn journalist peeked out from behind a tree, desperately trying to control his breathing. There were calls to run for safety, but really, where was safe now? The changelings could be anywhere! Of course, there was another reason he wasn't quite ready to run yet. He was a reporter, after all, and this was nothing if not a scoop. This was an incredibly dangerous position to take, but if they all managed to survive the night, someone would have to write about it the next day, right?

First order of business, however, seemed to be getting a party of combat-ready ponies. There only seemed to be one about, and she was going to take them on alone. *I can't let her go on that suicide mission!* Skittering over to the Zebra, he grabbed Zecora by the shoulder. "Come on, you can't fight them alone! Let's try to find some others, maybe even the elements if we can, just come on!"

Cherry had returned from her flyover of Phillydelphia and heard the cries of ponies in distress as she flew over Ponyville. She muttered a soft curse under her breath, wondering what was going on before seeing a dark insectoid creature buzz past her. Two and two made four in her books, and she realized what was going on. She spied a Zebra and an earth pony standing together and decided that there would be the best place to ask questions.

As she landed, her pink and red braided mane and tail came undone. Now a flowing, wavy match, the white pegasus settled with as much dignity as she could muster.

"What's going on? Why are there changelings everywhere? This is really, really, really bad!" She asked, watching with some horror as a young mare was duplicated and captured by the creatures. "How can I help?" She added, blue eyes like ice chips instead of their usual warm sky color.

33aqezc.jpg

Ha ha ha ha ha! Revenge was ever so sweet for Snively. While he was not among those changelings who participated in the failed invasion of Canterlot, the shrimp of a minion did have a personal grievance of his own with those blasted ponies. Not long ago, a routine mission to check up on a lowly operative in Stalliongrad nearly ended in disaster for Snively, and he just barely escaped from the grasp of the local garrison forces.

So in a rather uncharacteristic move on the cowardly changeling’s part, Snively volunteered his services as an aide to Queen Chrysalis for this latest attack. As the invasion plan was ingenious in its meticulous design, the smallish minion foresaw no possible risk joining his benevolent master on this dreadful Nightmare Night. Snively possessed no combat skills, but his skill with crystal balls enabled him to serve as Chrysalis’s eyes and ears for this mission. Using a special miniaturized seeing stone stolen from the Royal Equestrian Army, the minion could keep track of the invasion’s progress at all times… and find any stupid fleabags who thought they could be clever trying to hide from the true Queen of all Equestria!

Even as Queen Chrysalis made her proclamation of victory, Snively stood at her side using his magic to gaze into the crystal ball held in his rotten hoof. When his mistress finished speaking, the loyal servant gave a progress report on the assault; “Excellent news, Your Majesty. I project that 66% of the town has fallen for our traps or are otherwise rounded up. My…it even looks like Luxuria succeeded in apprehending Princess Celestia with that phony contest of hers. The rest of those miserable fleabags seem to be running around aimlessly like headless chickens.” Snively of course chuckled at his own description.

But the minion had more information to give as he probed through the ball with his green eyes at their immediate surroundings. “Hmmmmmmm…” he sneered in a tisk-tisk tone; “It appears that four stray ponies are holding up around that corner right over there.” Snively pointed with his free hoof towards the position of the hidden ponies before smirking devilishly; “I suggest we flush them out of their pathetic hiding hole, heh heh heh.....”

"Now, this is why Ah stay in my workshop!" Rusty not-so-calmly said as he not-so-calmly threw around different parts in Ponyville's scrap yards, throwing the ones he could use in a slowly growing pile. As he was picking and tossing different parts, different ideas of weapons he could whip up quickly came to mind, taking some of the ideas and fusing them with others, scrapping the rest. He really didn't need this chaos right now, all he wanted to do was to get some scrap parts for his inventions, and now he somehow has to defend the entirety of Equestria from a whole army by making a weapon from some junk parts. Well, this was a bit more exciting then sitting in a dark lonely invention shop tinkering with inventions, he supposed.

After he got all the parts he needed, he took out two hoof cuffs, both of them specially designed to make working with parts much easier. He then brought out his portable welder, a litte side invention he had created, though most of the initial tests he had done with it have ended with... explosive results. BUT... hey... maybe it'd make a good weapon itself! So Rusty began to work on his thrown-together-weapon, still not sure what it would be, but he knew anything would help at this point.

“Excellent news, Your Majesty. I project that 66% of the town has fallen for our traps or are otherwise rounded up. My…it even looks like Luxuria succeeded in apprehending Princess Celestia with that phony contest of hers. The rest of those miserable fleabags seem to be running around aimlessly like headless chickens.”

Chrysalis gave some delighted laughter as she was approached by Snively, one of her most abrasively loyal and unpleasantly pitched flunkies delivered to her a status report. Success was no surprise. This plan had been carefully crafted and the difficult part, capturing Twilight and her friends, had been completed in advance. Success was inevitable, but that didn't mean that this report didn't fill her with delight. The news that the pony's sun princess was among those subdued was an unexpected and fortuitous thing! She continued to cackle gleefully as she looked out upon the chaos she had created in the town of Ponyville.

"Luxuria you say? What a surprise. That bloated diva seemed like one of the weakest links in the plan. I never would have expected one like her to subdue Celestia," Chrysalis said, grinning as she did. "I'll have to commend her."

“Hmmmmmmm…It appears that four stray ponies are holding up around that corner right over there. I suggest we flush them out of their pathetic hiding hole, heh heh heh.....”

Chrysalis glared at Snively and gave a snarl. "What have I told you about giving me 'suggestions', Snively?" she started, glaring at the hopeless sycophant. She then narroed her eyes in focus on the area Snively had specified. "Now come, let's meet these ponies and show them what it means to challenge a Queen!"

With that, Chrysalis flew ahead, leading Snively and the others toward where the ponies hid. She found the small group there who seemed to be gathered around a zebra.

"My, what do we have here? Come out to play now, no need to hide...." she said coyly, giving a soft giggle. "This town is ours now! Defying your new queen will only ensure that you come to feel more pain!" she then added fiercely, almost roaring. Her minions took this as a signal to descend, and soon the small group of ponies was surrounded.

Just as the pegasus's hooves made contact with the ground, he couldn't even take a deep breath and relax before he heard the buzzing and a few screams off in the distance. He smiled, thinking nightmare night was actually going to be fun and maybe he'd see some ponies he knew or meet new ones. As he took a few steps down the road, he noticed the buzzing to be incessant and intensifying. As did the screams. Down the road, a pony was chased, crossing Dunder's path. The stallion jumped, his wings flaring, fear filling his chest, he looked up, seeing the changeling invadors. Their black scales blended in with the night sky, they were hardly noticeable.

Instinctively, he began to gallop, away, down the road that seemed mostly uninhabited, probably away from most of the main attractions of Ponyville Nightmare Nighty partying. Galloping, heavy hoofbeats on the dirt road. He took a sharp right, glacing back and up, making sure none of the chagelings were following, when he looked forward again to see where he was going, he was greeted with a faceful of black flank. Clumsily, he accidentally tackled Snively to the ground.

Even though Figment had been making progress solo work, there was no way he would allow himself to miss this second invasion, despite some...incidents that he'd endured shortly prior. And, despite his middling combat skills--he was a spy, not a brawler. But, the numbers gave him confidence. This second invasion attempt was...sooner than he'd expected, but he felt a bit foolish for ever underestimating Queen Chrysalis and her ability to construct another plan. There was surely no chance of any flukes happening this time! She knew the ponies' tricks now. Finally, they'd would be punished for all of the grief they caused the Hive last time...then, get all the love they could ask for. And this time, he was much closer to the Queen, herself. It was exciting. Maybe she'd notice him...

Unfortunately, upon hearing an awful, nasally voice, he learned that Snively was here as well. Figment would've expected him to be cowering back at the Hive. At least he was being professional...mostly. He couldn't resist smirking as he was scolded by the Queen herself, and then promptly rammed into by some clumsy featherbrain. He couldn't let his past or feelings with Snively distract him, though; there was never a good time for the Hive arguing amongst itself, least of all at a time like this. He felt he really should've known better...but swooped down to aid the runty bureaucrat, possibly, glaring and hissing at the oaf that had run into him.

"Back off of him, you! And don't even try flying away!", he ordered harshly, his horn glowing threateningly. He was compelled to appear as competent and fearsome as possible while Chrysalis was nearby. Even it it did also make him a bit anxious. Disappointing her in person was almost unthinkable...

Misty Magic screamed as she watched Dunder seemingly tackle Snively and heard Figment's stern warning.

"Oh no!" the petite mare neighed. "Dundee's really in a pickle now!"

Instantly, her horn flashed and within a nano-second, Misty was wearing a rather large and bulky pickle costume.

"Oh dear, there I go again," the mare mumbled, trying to move in the large pickle outfit. "I hope Zecora's got some better ideas than I have, Maybe I could try to send a message to Canterlot! But how?

Misty pondered the problem as she patiently waited for Zecora's response.

Octavia found something wrong very quickly. Her friends weren't anywhere to be seen. Time Spinner, who never goes to haunted houses, went into Princess Twilight's and never came out. Gadget went through Rainbow Dash's obstacle course, but there was no Rainbow Dash to be seen now, there was an odd cave nearby that gave her the willies. She didn't even dare to wonder what became of Aselia, who went to see Fluttershy. The whole mess was absolutely insane! The changlings tried to invade Canterlot once before but luckily Princess Cadence and Shining Armor were there to put a stop to it, or so she heard. None of the princesses were here now though. Octavia knew that, she needed to find something else to do. Her Musical assassin's costume provided her with a great way to hide as she passed through the everfree forest. She ran into a zebra who had quite an interesting look to her. "Do you know what's going on?" He asked her with a fearful look.

Hoo, boy, now they really were in trouble. More ponies had gathered around the zebra, but that only meant they were surrounded quicker! Earth Writer was pretty close to freaking out right about now, and when that pegasus came by to ask how she could help-

"What are you looking at me? I don't know, I'm a reporter, not a fighter!" His eyes were dancing around the circle, but his gaze was inevitably caught when he heard a most annoying sort of voice. One of the changelings was apparently trying to impress the queen, and had led her to them. The unicorn gulped, but then rescue almost seemed to happen when another pegasus crashed into him!

His hopes were soon dashed, however, when another changeling helped him out. And to top it off, one of the unicorns with them put herself, literally, into a pickle. "Oh for Luna's sake, do something more constructive with your magic! Or destructive, just get us out of here!!" He was practically screeching at this point.

Cherry whirled as the Changelings landed, her wings flared open as she spun. She spied the one that had called out instruction to leave the tackled one alone and grinned, he would be hers to take down. She flapped, trying to kick up a dust screen before taking off and charging at Figment. She slammed into him with enough force to wind herself, using her forehooves to hold him in place.

"Why in the name of Luna would I ever just let you Changelings win? I have no love in my heart, just sorrow. But that's ok, because what love I do have, you and your buggy butt kind won't be sampling this Nightmare Night!" She bellowed, turning her head to lock eyes with Chrysalis. She would never bow to that fake Queen!

"Zecora! What are we going to do? The changlings are here! Where are the elements of harmony? Where are the Princesses? We have to do something fast!"

"Have no fear my little filly. The Bearers of the Elements should be here shortly. But we must get the others to safety. It will be wise if you follow me."

Just then Zecora felt somepony touch her shoulder which she turned to see a pony asking telling her that she could not fight the Chngelings alone.

"You are right that I can't fight them all. I'm trying to buy some time for others that's all. But I agree we must find the rest. This will be our greatest test."

Other ponies began to join her, thankfully eliminating the need to search. But the same reason that the ponies were drawn to the Zebra, Zecora knew that she would be a beacon to the Changelings if she didn't act quickly.

"I am sorry to make my explanation brief," she said to the ponies present in a clear tone, "But we are in a state of grief. These Changelings have appeared from the skies above, seeking to feed upon our love. I know many of you were expecting a pleasant night, but now we have to do what's right. If you want to be safe follow my words, we first must stick together in our herd. If we see a Changeling we must attack as one, with our combined talents our fight will be won. Keep doing this while following me, and I will get you to safety in my hut in the Everfree!"

She could see that Queen Chrysalis was approaching along with other Changelings. The zebra didn't want to face the Queen of the Changelings unless she had to, so the best course of action was to get to a safe place where they had the upper hoof.

Darkness pelted into town and spotted her, Chrysalis, it was hard to believe it was actually the Changling Queen. What was she doing here, beside an obvious invasion, what was the motive, simply revenge? or was this about love again? He never understood it, why did she attack Canterlot to begin with, why not just come peacefully on hearts and hooves day and just fit in, before the Wedding he had never even heard of a changling, and they were just another odd species weren't they, like griffons and Zebra, didn't Equestria accept all species?

Rusty smiled at his finished contraption, liking the ingeniousness of it. It was, in his own words, a hoof stuff cannon, which was a rather large device attached to his hoof that could grab stuff with a chain, break it down by smashing it on the ground, then he could use the debris from the smashed thing as ammunition for his launcher. Or he could just use small objects, such as a rock. He proudly strapped the launcher to his wrists, fillig it with some unused but dangerous looking scrap. He trotted ot of the scrap yard, ducking between cover and cover, attempting to be stealthy.

Octavia shuffled her hooves. What had happened? This zebra seemed to be quite the rhymer and was confident in her abilities. Was she a fighter? Maybe she was, after all she did say that her hut was in the everfree forest, right? Surely she knew a lot about the area...although, maybe she was a changling. Maybe everypony around Octavia was a changling. Was Octavia a changling? Welll, no Octavia was sure she wasn't one, but maybe some of the others around her were. She would keep a very close eye on everypony. "A-Alright then..." Octavia said. "We'll stick together, just lead the way."

Well, Earth Writer couldn't say that the pegasus was being much of a help. Defiance certainly looked impressive, to be sure, but really, nothing good could come of getting the Queen of the Changelings to pay attention to you. Oh well, at least she was buying the rest of them a little time.

Fortunately, the Zebra seemed more on top of things. The reporter nodded quickly as she gave her brief explanation. "Right, right, that's a plan, that's a good plan, I can work with that plan." His speech was still made rapid by fear, but now all that pent-up adrenaline had an outlet. While Earth was no fighter, he was certainly no coward either. He gave a nod to the grey earth pony beside him, and called out "Go!"

He lept towards the changeling, armed with nothing but a pencil. "Wup... wup..." He dodged to the left, faked to the right, and just as the creature was coming in close, "Doink!" He poked the pencil right in the eye. Sure, it was more 'Three Stooges' than 'Karate Masters,' but it did the job. There was an opening in the ring, now, and he led his neighbors through it.

Figment certainly hadn't been expecting that. These ponies were supposed to be terrified! Yet, here he was, pinned to the ground and dazed a bit from the shock of one of the brutes having slammed into him, his light frame having given a very small amount of resistance. He glared at her even more genuinely than he had at the one who'd accidentally tackled Snively in much the same way. "Of course you'd prefer that we starve. Not that it matters. We've already won, this time. You should surrender peacefully...", he responded in a fairly calm voice.

"Now...get off!", he then added in a much more aggressive tone, attempting to shove her away. His horn still retained the charge for a bolt, though, just in case.

33aqezc.jpg

"What have I told you about giving me 'suggestions', Snively?"

“EEEEIEEE!!!!” squealed the groveling Snively at the highest pitch possible, terrified that he had once again displeased his sovereign. Immediately, he prostrated himself in front of Queen Chrysalis in apology, his entire body visibly quivering; “Of… of course Your Benevolence; that you are… the wisest of all beings!” Snively personally served the most merciful Chrysalis long enough to know never to provoke her wrath when possible. Who was a mere drone like himself to make a suggestion to She who is smarter and craftier than even Princess Celestia? Such was how Snively devoted himself to the whims of his all-glorious mistress, even at great cost to his own dignity.

Queen Chrysalis didn’t waste further time chastising her servant; instead, bidding her minions to surround the next group of future captives. Sticking to the Queen’s rear, Snively landed on the ground at the same time as her and smirked evilly as Chrysalis threatened him. The diminutively-sized changeling should had been peeking into his crystal ball though, for a clumsy escapee failed to watch where he was going and rammed the poor drone. Snively fell to the ground right next to the pegasus, and his tiny seeing stone rolled out of his grasp. Curse that confounded scum!

"Back off of him, you! And don't even try flying away!"

Splendid; just the voice Snively wanted to hear right now. The bureaucrat was going to have the hide of whoever let Figment participate in this important mission. It was Figment’s idiocy that nearly compromised Snively’s previous mission in Stalliongrad, and the lowly operative’s insubordination made him rather… dangerous for him to remain in the Hive. And wasn’t it Figment who proposed abandoning mass-harvests in favor of having infiltrator's collect the Kingdom’s entire love supply via creating identities.

Figment had no rational reason to be here at all… unless..... he aimed to sabotage this operation! Yes; that underhooved scheme would give Figment the legitimacy to become the Queen’s new favorite and sweep Snively off to the side. Well, Snively wasn’t going to see that happen! The paranoid bureaucrat resolved to keep an eye and ear on his nemesis at all times.

But onto more immediate matters; picking himself up, Snively swiftly scrambled onto his hooves to recover his miniature crystal ball. Once he recovered it, he beckoned for a couple of changeling soldiers, distinguished from the other drones by the armor they wore, and furiously pointed at the pegasus stallion who tackled him earlier; “Soldiers, SEIZE HIM!!!”

Rusty stopped as he saw a rather strange looking changeling; it was tall, long legged, and something very strange, it was a mare. Wait, how did changelings re-produce, anyway? He thought about it for a moment, then realized that changelings lived in hives, much like bees, and they had a Queen, again much like bees... he grimaced, and decided it would be best if he stopped thinking about it. "Maybe... maybe.... Ah could take out the queen, I mean even though she is a tall... scray lookin'... thing... her head must not be any differen't from a normal changeling, and a peice o' scrap fired at them would probably knock em' out! Changelings seemed to rely on their Queen heavily.... so if she was knocked out... they'd fall into chaos for a little while... maybe. Well, if this doesn't work, I'll just run, run fast and far." the old orange stallion took aim at the Queens head, knowing this was really stupid but hey, somepony has to try to stop this right? And whats the worse they'd do to him, anyway? He fired the piece of scrap, praying that it would hit the queen.

Dunder's eyes went derp for a breif moment after landing on the ground, he was disorientated, and surrounded. He was in one of the worst places possible, these changeling drones encircling him, horns at the ready. But when the smallest of all of them was tackled to the ground by a white mare, Dunder thought he might not get another chance to attack.

The changeling he had accidentally tackled scrambled away, hiding behind some of the meathead drones...more importantly, he recovered something that looked like it was more than just a small clear crystal ball. Maybe the pony he had accidentally tackled was some sort part of the command chain in this whole operation! He was with the queen, and there were plenty of other places the queen could be. He had to strike now, one of the ponies pinning a small changeling and suddenly... a loud boom from Rusty's zipgun.

The large stallion wasted no time, he got up, hanging his head as he composed himself, ready to fight. He remembered his training, and felt for the handle to his dagger...but he didn't draw it just yet. The stallion readied himself, huffing a breath of air out his nose as he scraped a hoof against the ground, staring straight at Snively. But, when he charged, what was in the way was one of the soldiers, ready for the pegasus's attack. When the soldier aimed a punch at the open target of the pegsus's face. At the last possible moment, Dunder leaped onto his hindlegs, parried the punch with his left forehoof, and punched the changeling in the muzzle with his right using all of his weight in the punch. That got the changeling dizzy for a moment, where Dunder grabbed the changeling's right foreleg and pulled him off to the side with it. This change in stance and weight balance in the changeling gave Dunder the opprotunity to floor the changeling soldier.

Standing over the taken downed soldier, Dunder got back on all fours and glared at Snively again, "Where do you think you're going?!" He yelled out and huffed hot breath out of his nose again right as he charged for the bureaucrat.

Trekker was a well traveled adventurer and prided herself on not frequenting one place more than once unless needed or supplies running low. And truth be told, she never officially visited Ponyville. This was strange since she went back to Whitetail Woods twice, and not for supplies but to finish unfinished business she felt she had with the place where she first found her love for adventure. She looked around as she cantered into the town. She noticed immediately the Nightmare Night decor, but something was amiss... She couldn't tell what but Chrome let off a yelp, as if to warn her... Trekker proceded with caution, knowing that something dangerous was afoot. She stayed hidden and transported into the small town.... Changelings? Here?! I heard rumours they were expelled from Equestria! I best be on my guard. Trekker thought to herself She was no fool and she knew her shield magic could only protect her so much, and her offensive magic could only do so much. She would not be able to fight a swarm. All the same, there was no way out of this now. She needed supplies lest she would find herself without proper nourishment. Luck was simply not on her side today.

From behind a barrel that she took shelter behind, being sure she couldn't be seen, she spied the changeling queen, Chrysalis! I best not engage the Queen, at my best I might be able to stop a couple of changelings while I stock up on supplies, but she was to be as powerful as the Princesses of Equestria. I can't beat that... Trekker thought to herself with an air of forboding.

While in hiding she heard a report of one of the leaders of the changelings to the Queen.

“Excellent news, Your Majesty. I project that 66% of the town has fallen for our traps or are otherwise rounded up. My…it even looks like Luxuria succeeded in apprehending Princess Celestia with that phony contest of hers. The rest of those miserable fleabags seem to be running around aimlessly like headless chickens."

Trekker wasn't sure what to make of everything... Nor what to do. Normally her protocol would be to observe, but this time, she was fighting not only for her survival but her race. Also she took a bit of offense to "Running around aimlessly like headless chickens." First was supplies though, she teleported to the local market to stock up. Everything was pandemonium, Trekker used a few stun blasts from her horn to take out the changelings directly in her path. Once there she left a small bag of bits on the counter and took what she needed. Now was the time to try and do what she could to help. She teleported to behind the market and decided to have her magic ready at anytime. Her reactions were good from training, but she still wasn't the strongest. She would have to be smart and stay hidden, and act like her trusty fox when hunting his next meal. Take individuals out, don't go after groups. She kept Chrome close, she knew they would have no issue taking his love for her as soon as any pony's love for each other.

33aqezc.jpg

Snively courageously relocated his position closer to Queen Chrysalis, bravely realizing the need to put as much distance between himself and the clumsy stallion. As it looked like those two guards were more than capable of handling their prey, the vertically-challenged drone took the opportunity to magically activate his crystal ball once more, looking for further ponies in the immediate area. Gazing at his surroundings though the orb, Snively saw that Figment managed to screw up yet again by letting a pony get the better of him. Ugggh, typical idiotic Figment.

The drone had no time to eavesdrop on his rival further; detecting a surge in magical energy over by the nearby market, Snively scanned the area and within seconds detected a pony and some sort of small creature… a fox by the looks of it, hiding among the abandoned stalls. Heh, that foolish magic user won’t stay hidden for-

“Ommmph!” A piece of scrap metal aimed at the Queen struck Snively instead, sending him back onto the ground in pain. With this second blow, the shrimp of a bureaucrat now began regretting ever coming along on this wretched mission; who ever could have guessed that so many ponies would attack a poor unarmed drone like Snively? Weren't ponies supposed to be mewling wusses? At least Snively kept the seeing stone in his hoof this time around.

"Where do you think you're going?!"

Comfort refused to come to the highly-ranked drone just yet; the first assailant from before managed to slip past the soldiers and threaten the downed Snively, who laid prone on the ground. “He… help…” stammered the helpless drone, paralyzed with fear as he stuck his curved horn at the charging stallion and braced for impact.

That stallion however was a brazen fool coming anywhere near Queen Chrysalis by himself. His charge did not go unnoticed; three airborne drones providing close air support from up above fired a torrent of green magic bolts at the intruder, also remained closely pursued by the one soldier he didn’t take down. Meanwhile, another pair of armored grunts sighted the scrap-firing assailant, and commenced a saturation bombardment of that pony’s position with magic bolts of their own.....

Archived