The Invasion of Ponyville!

RarityDash

“EEEEIEEE!!!! Of… of course Your Benevolence; that you are… the wisest of all beings!”

Chysalis giggled at this praise from her terrified lackey.

"There's something almost nauseating about the way you grovel, Snively..." She closed her eyes and sighed. "Though perhaps that 'something' is just the tone of your voice." She chuckled. "After all, it's true. My cunning cannot be matched, certainly not by any of these miserable fools."

"Why in the name of Luna would I ever just let you Changelings win? I have no love in my heart, just sorrow. But that's ok, because what love I do have, you and your buggy butt kind won't be sampling this Nightmare Night!"

"Of course you'd prefer that we starve. Not that it matters. We've already won, this time. You should surrender peacefully..."

Most of the ponies in the area chose to stay hidden. Only a couple came forward readily to display their courage. One was a pegasus mare who challenged Chrysalis words. Before she could even reply, however, one of her minions responded to her futile challenge of her authority. She grinned as her eyes went to this changeling, Figment, if she recalled. His display of loyalty was commendable.

"Indeed! Listen to this practical changeling, my poor defeated ponies. Trying to be heroes will please no one here," she said, looking out over the scene. "I like to think that I am a fair and reasonable Queen. Reveal yourselves and submit and I promise you will not suffer long," she added with a devious look in her eyes.

It was about this time, that the pony's started to put up more resistance. Ponies were coming forward with weapons, crude and otherwise, to challenge her minions. Figment and Snively got involved, the latter of which covered a shot from some strange weapon aimed squarely at her and fell to the ground immediately, where an armed pegasus seemed ready to pin him. Now, Snively was of course highly obnoxious and easily replaceable, so the queen didn't see too much need to spare him whatever he had coming to her. She was a gracious queen, however, and he had just taken what could have been a damaging blow for her, so she felt obliged to offer at least a little assistance. She shot from her misshapen horn a single magic bolt straight at the pegasus, which would, if Snively was quick at least, put enough distance between him and his attacker to get away.

Chrysalis didn't spend much time on this, however. She was more concerned with the pony who had had the gall to try and attack her directly from afar. Her eyes traced the direction the attack had come from, leading her to a pony with a strange contraption in hoof. She snarled as she flew right at this one, flanked by a number of her minions.

"What a curious toy you have there," she started, looking this stallion over and laughing. "You ponies can be surprisingly crafty, piecing together something like that. It's almost impressive. Though I wonder..."

Chysalis smirked and gave a joyful chuckle. She then fired a sudden blast of energy straight at the unusual contraption. "Does the courage to defy me remain even when your toys are broken?" she added before even more laughter.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After taking hits from the flying assailants, Dunder lunged at Snively, rearing up, ready to slug the annoying changeling with enough force to break a jaw bone, easily, when he was struck by a green bolt of magic. The magic, fired from the changeling queen, felt like a sturdy buck to the chest, knocking Dunder back and land on the ground, coughing and disorientated. As the stallion tried to get up, the second changeling soldier pinned him down, straddling Dunder's chest and eager to get some payback.

The armored changeling tried to get some punches in, some connecting with Dunder's head. As they struggled, the pegasus managed to get his body twisted under the changeling while they were tied up. Eventually, Dunder was able to get a hit off on the soldier's face, as the soldier recoiled in pain, the stallion wiggled out from under him, got on his forelegs and bucked the soldier on the front of the muzzle with all the force he could muster, knocking the soldier out...but also leaving himself open for more attacks from the magic of the flying changelings. He fell on his side, curled into a ball, being pelted by the magics. If he wasn't helped soon...

Darkness looked around at the quarells and he sighed and looked at Chrysalis and slowly began moving toward her, looking at her hooves as he walked forward. He served no purpose at the moment, he was just a bystandard, so he was gonna attempt something stupid, he was gonna talk to her....or try

Misty listened to Zecora's words of wisdom, and knew she was right. There was no hope in doing battle with these beings. And with her latest miscast spell resuting in her now wearing a pickle costume, she thought it wise not to attempt to use her unicorn magic again. Making her pickle costume vanish, the frightened unicorn mare started to follow the zebra in charge to where she was leading the group to.

At least, that was the plan, until she spotted Dunder in great peril, But what could she do? If she tried to use her magic, it could misfire again and make things much, much worse. Against her better judgment, Misty decided to try to save him.

"Magic of tremendous force! Push the foe aside and save this horse!" the yellow pelted unicorn mare shouted aloud. Suddenly, the ground around her began to shake. It was going to work! THIS time, her magic was actually going to work the way it was supposed to!

Alas, not quite. The magic pushing force DID come, but it propelled poor Misty with such force, it sent the unfortunate mare skyward, away from Ponyville and falling towards the unknown depths of the Everfree Forest instead! Looks like Misty might be the first one to reach Zecora's hut, but not of her own choosing. Or she could land at any other number of places, who knows? It was a noble attempt, but sadly, it backfired on her.

Rusty felt a pang of pain run through his arm as his 'zip gun' ((good name for it btw c: )) was ht with a bolt of magic, causing it to take some heavy damage. Rusty was releived however, when he saw the 'stuff launchef cannon' part of his device took most of the blow, breaking it near beyond repair, but, his grappling hook gun on it was still mostly intact. He looked over at the stallion being pelted by magic attacks for a breif second, then back at the queen, tilting his head "Maybe at the end of all of this, Ah could look into some sort of artificial type of love for y'all to snack on... but for now, Ah gotta go." he quickly pointed his grappling hook gun towards a roof top of a building near the stallio that was being assaluted, firing it and reeling himself into to it, "Now this aint a fair fight is it?" He yelled as he grabbed one of the attacking changlings, smashing him on the ground, and inevitably bringing the attention to himself, "Fly away, Pegasus! Git!" He yelled at the downed pegasus from afar before he grappled onto another rooftop, pulling himself into it. The chase was on, but he knew he would eventually get caught.(( that is, if you guys chase me.))

Cherry frowned. Starved? She didn't want to kill the creatures, just to chase them off. She sighed, shaking her head.

"It's not my fault your kind chose to forcefully take Equestria's love, rather than simply fitting in. I mean, how many weddings happen here, how many new births and wonderful moments occur each and every second? Yes, there are bad times for all, but it's worse to force something on somepony than to let events play out naturally. I won't get off of you, Changeling. I will not allow the forced taking of love to occur on my watch!" She declared, watching as a mare flung herself into the Everfree Forest and another pegasus be swarmed. A green blur whizzed past her head as she held Figment down, a small bang alerting her that something had been broken.

33aqezc.jpg

A miracle beyond hope! Just in time, Snively’s protectful Queen saved his day and dealt the vigilante a severe blow. With the pegasus adequately punished, the twisted underling picked himself up again, and despite the immense pain to his side, gleefully cackled a nasally taunt; “AH HA HA HA HA HA HAH!!! You LOSE, fleabag!” A sudden pang made Snively grip his injured side for a second or two, but once it passed, the drone took up to the skies to follow Chrysalis and her other minions, who brought swift vengeance upon the troublemaking scrap shooter.

Snively didn’t have much time to gloat with his mistress; he still had the job of providing situation updates through his seeing stone! Once the scrap lover fled and the Queen wasn’t focused on him, the short drone screeched a Your Majesty!” to get her valued attention; “It appears that the main group of fugitives led by that zebra are fleeing towards the western outskirts of this podunk town. However, there’s also a powerful magic user lurking in the market accompanied by a parasitic silver fox.” Snively here pointed towards the hiding spot of that one unicorn he detected using that teleportation spell earlier.

But what’s this? Ooooh, this new thing Snively spied through the crystal ball was very intriguing indeed… quite so. “I also have to regret to inform you that one of your servants is not pulling his weight.” A devious smirk on his face, Snively positioned his orb so that Chrysalis could see the image of Figment not doing anything to break free of his enemy’s grip except by chatting; “Looks very suspicious on Figment’s part, I’d say.” Leave it to Snively to further his selfish feuds in the middle of an invasion zone.....

Figment seemed unmoved by the pony's words--what did she know? "You sound ridiculous. What creature would willingly allow itself to be fed from? Not enough to keep us fed, for sure..." It was at this moment that his ragged ears twitched, rapidly glancing to the Queen while still on the ground. She was talking about him--him in particular! And...she'd approved of something he said? It took a great amount of Figment's own dignity to avoid squealing in delight or snickering bashfully or anything equally embarrassing. He felt special--or, as special as he'd allow himself to feel as a drone.

And then, he watched in admiration as Queen Chrysalis herself gave them direct support. Her spellbolts were something to behold... Magic was one of his specialties, but he doubted he could fire off something so perfect. Figment briefly wondered if he was capable of working of the nerve to ask her for some magical knowledge after the invasion, until... '...Oh...right...', he thought, looking back to the pony on top of him. He wouldn't let some stubborn pony keep him from doing his duty--the Queen's eyes were on him! Also, Snively was already slandering him in...

"You're going to lose whether you're conscious to watch it or not..!", he huffed. He then promptly, rather than blast her, vanished in a plume of green magic and teleported himself so he was hovering (relatively)safely in the air. Figment would have rather saved that chunk of his magic for something else, but it was nice to be free finally. Rather than even give Snively's more irritating words any attention at all, he attempted to tune then out and listen to his reports on the situation. He did give the screechy lapdog a certain look of extreme annoyance, though. Figment hated to ask, but... "...Orders?", he inquired, as if him and Snively had never had any friction in the past. Maybe he'd get lucky and the Queen would give him a real order personally rather than the likely ridiculous task he'd receive from Snively.

Well, it seemed that Earth Writer didn't warrant any attention from the changelings. Which was a good thing, of course, getting away to safety and all that, but there was some part of him that felt cowardly for doing so. *It's ridiculous; there are professional fighters and adventurers here, much more experienced in combat. You'll only get yourself captured; heck, you don't even have that much magic-* Right then, Misty, who had enough magic to be of use in fighting off Chrysalis, seemed to prove definitively otherwise when she blasted herself off in a random direction. In that instant, the reporter understood all the exasperation her instructors had ever felt from her.

Not that the more experienced tacticians were faring any better, from what he could see from rapid glances over his shoulder. It was almost enough to make him cry; this really couldn't be it, right? It had to work out eventually, the good guys would win, right? Right?

The unicorn had to choke back his sobs as he ran alongside Zecora. "We're... gonna be back, right? There's something in your cottage we can use against them... right?" He was almost squeaking on that last word.

"Maybe at the end of all of this, Ah could look into some sort of artificial type of love for y'all to snack on... but for now, Ah gotta go.Now this aint a fair fight is it?"

His weapon damaged, the stallion, unsurprisingly made the choice to run, freeing one of his fellow ponies as he did. It was expected for a pony in this situation. He couldn't hope to match her without his little toy. His only option now was self preservation. The toy itself, of such sturdy construction that her magic had evidently not fully destroyed it, continued to be interesting as it fired out a hooked claw which allowed the pony to zip quickly away or alternatively throw her changelings around at a distance. This pony clearly had a clever mind. He would be worth capturing and taking back to the kingdom. All the same, she didn't give immediate chase.

"Run all you want. None will escape me!" Chrysalis called after the resourceful stallion with some laughter. She then turned as she noticed the approach of her most gratingly voiced adulator.

Your Majesty! It appears that the main group of fugitives led by that zebra are fleeing towards the western outskirts of this podunk town. However, there’s also a powerful magic user lurking in the market accompanied by a parasitic silver fox. I also have to regret to inform you that one of your servants is not pulling his weight. Looks very suspicious on Figment’s part, I’d say.”

Chrysalis nodded as she patiently endured the onslaught on the eardrums that was listening to another of Snively's reports. She had to admit he did his job of keeping her informed quite well, aside from the fact that in doing that job she was forced to listen to him talk. Despite the vexatious voice in which it was delivered, she was happy for the information... well at least until it turned into a petty show of trying to throw Figment to the wolves.Chrysalis just rolled her eyes at this. She hadn't time to even dignify petty bickering between her minions. As it were, Figment, noticing he was now being watched and judged, took the time to teleport away with his magic skill.

"...Orders?"

Figment started as he appeared nearby. Chrysalis laughed, ready to take command. There was a lot to be accounted for, but with the assistance of this pair and her other followers, she was sure they could tie up all the ends.

"Give chase after that stallion who shot at me with the strange weapon. If he has more toys hidden about he could prove a nuisance. Take a small group and subdue and capture him," she ordered Figment.

She then turned toward Snively. "As for you, Snively, lead a group to smoke out this powerful magic user of yours," she ordered her most loyal subject. "And do try your best to not be beaten too quickly while I'm occupied with this zebra of ours and her group."

With that, Chrysalis flew ahead toward the Everfree forest where the other group was headed. How curious it was that when confronted with fear the ponies would run to cower in a place so dangerous. No matter, Chrysalis wasn't going to allow their escape.

"Going somewhere, are we?" Chrysalis called out as she fired a blast at a tree, felling it right in front of the escaping party. "Don't be afraid now. All we want is a little love!" she started, laughing evilly as she encroached, flanked by a small party of changeling minions.

While laying curled up in a ball, protecting his head from the bolts of magic slamming into his body, he heard that obnoxious little changeling and his annoying little voice. All this managed to do was get Dunder ticked off on a whole new level. When the magic bolts stopped their blows on Dunder, the pegasus slowly uncovered his face to see the changelings that were once attacking him now switched their attention to some skinny earth stallion who slammed a changeling into the ground. The other two didn't take kindly to their friend being assaulted, so they chased the skinny earth pony away.

Dunder was really dazed now, everywhere on him hurt, but he needed to keep fighting. In his hazed state, he heard the queen's orders... She was leaving. He needed to get up to follow that small changeling and take his crystal ball and show him who was boss. They just needed to separate.

When he made it to the next house's roof, he looked around for an open window, and was soon happy when he found one wide open. He aimed his grappling hook at it, shooting without hesitation then reeled himself into the empty house, landing in it somewhat clumsily, but still landing in it nonetheless. He was in a study. He closed the window and the curtains to the study, then went up to desk in the room and knocked off all the books and papers stacked on the desk, twinging lightly as he knew how it felt to get work knocked off your desk by a some stallion. He re-focused, taking off the 'stuff launcher' part of his device while leaving on the grappling hook, just in case. He dumped his tools and scrap parts he had in his saddle bag onto the desk, getting himself and his workspace situated before he began. He grinned, thinking about how he may even be able to make a better version of the stuff launcher, but quickly put those thoughts to the 'not-to-the-side-but-not-in-the-front' part of his mind, deciding to look at them a bit later, and began working on his stuff launcher, which required a lot of tearing off and forcing on.

33aqezc.jpg

"...Orders?"

GAAAAAAAAH! The wave of continued calamities continued for Snively, his plan to frame Figment backfiring by a sudden burst of teleportation from his rival. Where did Figment even learn how to do that spell anyway? What other secrets was that blasted worm hiding? Has Figment been conspiring with wretched unicorns? Regardless of the answers to those riddle, Snively now looked liked an utter fool, and he sweated up a lake even as his nemesis asked for orders.

"As for you, Snively, lead a group to smoke out this powerful magic user of yours,And do try your best to not be beaten too quickly while I'm occupied with this zebra of ours and her group."

Oh… no..... Snively was being sent away from the Queen’s side to face a magic user… and Figment earned enough of their sovereign’s trust to lead a group of his own after another fugitive. “Well… but I uhhh…!” the shivering drone tried to think of an excuse not to be thrown into further combat, clutching his injured side as it once again ached as a reminder of his last confrontation. Sadly for the weak-hearted drone, he couldn’t think of anything that wouldn’t result in further verbal lashings from Chrysalis. Resigned to his fate, Snively gulped and weakly replied; “Your wish is my command, siiiiiir…”

But the drone’s mood perked up as his assigned task force assembled around him. It reminded Snively that he wouldn’t be going off to battle alone; he’d get to have a pair of soldiers and five other drones to do his dirty deeds. After Snively’s face sparked with the thrill of a one-sided hunt, his nasally voice barked out with orders; “You five: fly up and surround the market from all sides. Blast anything that tries to escape. As for you two,” he addressed the two soldiers with a self-assured smirk as the other changelings scrambled towards their positions; “I think our sulking vermin would love a taste of our new slime bombs. On my command, heh heh heh... hurl them at the fleabag’s hidey-hole! Snively would wait until his subordinates entirely surrounded the marketplace before giving the order to commence the attack.....

Figment was both extremely relieved and overjoyed when it was the Queen who personally gave him a mission to undertake. He also started to feel the pressure almost immediately, though. He was used to working under stress, but this was a bit different... His normally cool and professional demeanor fractured slightly as he tensed up and nearly stuttered. "Uh-yes, Your Majesty!", he replied simply while saluting, as to not possibly say anything stupid. He was even given the chance to command a squad of other drones. He didn't have very much experience with this sort of thing, but...how hard could it be? Which wasn't even a relevant question--failure wasn't an option.

Snively was given a task, too, not unlike his. Wisely, Chrysalis didn't seem to have too much faith in him. Or maybe she was just teasing him. Either way, Figment wasn't going to question it, even if the bureaucrat himself seemed non too enthused. At least until he was given some drones to shriek orders at. "If you don't finish by the time we do, then we'll come offer support.", he said to Snively, one again pretending like they didn't totally hate each other. With that, he motioned for some of the drones that were buzzing around to follow him, and set off after where he'd seen his given target run off too. He hadn't forgotten about the pegasus mare who'd tackled him. She might be trouble...though, now he wasn't alone, so perhaps not. He merely gave her leer as him and his group flew over her, and to the house he'd witnessed the crafty pony reel himself to.

"Hold on...", Figment ordered to his team, gears turning in his clever mind. "He could be waiting for us. One moment... Also, for Chrysalis' sake, don't shoot me!", he requested sternly, though a lot more respectfully than Snively ever would have. He the proceeded to disguise himself, donning his common appearance of a friendly, honey-colored pegasus. "Okay, now! It'd be awfully nice if you all would, well...watch all the exits!", he ordered in a completely different, sickeningly nice voice. He proceeded to fly up the window the pony had entered through, and of course it was closed. He tried to get it to open from the outside, but was much less dexterous with his bare hooves than with his magic...

Rather than knock or 'cheat' and use magic to open it, Figment, or 'Honey', simply barged through in as clumsy a manner as he could manage, breaking the latch and tumbling inside into a the floor. "Ow... Oh! Sorry! It this your hiding spot? Or..oh no! Is this your house? I broke your window's...thingy! Sorry..!", he apologized with much guilt in his voice. "I'll go find someplace else if you wan-...ooooh. What's that? You got a plan?", he then asked, gesturing a hoof to the contraption he was working on. And hoping that he wouldn't just panic and shoot him just in case out of paranoia or shock.

Trekker observed as two changelings talked with the Queen... They seemed to be receiving orders. The one who had insulted ponies, and by proxy Trekker, seemed rather let down by the orders given by his Queen. It didn't take long for her to notice what was happening. Several changelings started to converge on that one changeling's location and he gave them orders, which seemed to involve coming to the market...

Did they? No... they couldn't have! I disabled the few that I met! And I've been careful. Trekker thought to herself, soon realizing that they were converging on her. They did...This was an unfortunate turn of events for Trekker. Not that she couldn't take a few changelings out, on the contrary, with Chrome's help, she was sure to prevail. But it was something she didn't wish to do, not like this. She wanted to hunt them from the shadows, not be hunted. Trekker sighed... figuring that she had to do this even if she didn't want to. If it was a choice of capture or survival, there was no question. She did have a plan though at the very least for this eventuality...

Trekker played it as if she didn't know what was occurring, she remained seemingly focused on the Queen who was still a ways off from her. While the changelings surrounded her, she prepared to put up a quick shield to protect her and Chrome at the last second. They were likely to attack like many wild animals, when they had the greatest advantage and surrounded them. When that happened Trekker would throw up her strongest shield, and make her move with Chrome.

"Now Chrome, when I put up my shield after they attack, you'll have your opportunity to break out and go after the leader. He seems to be staying back which means he probably isn't strong enough to lead the charge. I want you to go after him while I stun our would be attackers. Can you do that? Trekker gave her instructions to Chrome in a whisper. Hoping that they would be able to make it away and disable or injure their attackers. "After we defeat them, we'll transport to a new hiding place and think of a plan that will hopefully hinder their Queen. If for no other reason than trying to attack us in the first place." Chrome nodded knowing what Trekker wanted him to do. And now all they could do is wait for their opportunity, which is to wait for them to be vulnerable in their attack.

Twinged as he heard the windows crash, turning his head to look at what happened, spotting a yellow 'Pegasus' who had 'clumsily' crashed through his window. He just stood there, staring at the pegasus in complete disbelief. He put on his now fixed stuff launcher, it looking noticeably more shielded then the last-time, then trotted up to the 'Pegasus', inspecting him over "Hmm... well now isn't that just weird?." he began to circle the Pegasus, his cold analytical eyes locked onto him "A Pegasus, who, just so happened, to have crashed in this PARTICULAR window." he pointed at the window, looking at the 'Pegasus' with a raised brow "THIS particular window, out of all the windows in Ponyville, that Ah ten minutes ago, just so happened, to come through myself, after Ah attacked a changeling in front of other changelings to distract them, and to break up a situation where they were beating on a stallion with cheap shots. Not to mention Ah tried to shoot the QUEEN, and Ah'm gonna guess that isn't taken too lightly... so it is most likely that I probably had a squad sent to chase after me. Also, you aren't wearing a costume like 99% of the other ponies, which when I saw you, I found immediately suspicious." he pointed his launcher at him, "Give me a good reason not to shoot you, or try to explain why you are actually a pegasus despite all the evidence saying you aren't. You could also just leave, say you found nothin', and move along. Ah feel like ya probably got others to catch, right?" he didn't look in the mood to be nice, heck he might shoot even if this was an actual Pegasus. He thought for a few more moments, "Or... we could talk a bit, never got to talk to a changeling before..."

Dunder lifted his head slightly, laying there, looking up and seeing Snively trotting away from the Queen. The Queen heading off in her own direction. Nos Snively was alone, with two soldiers and some unarmored drones. Even better, he sent the majority of his team away. Just the skinny little bugger and two of the soldiers he had taken down easily just before... Then he heard Snively's order of the bombardment of slime bombs into the marketplace. Whatever they were going to be aiming for was possible help that Dunder needed. Maybe it was that skinny earth stallion who had distracted those changeling drones.

Dunder forced himself up, fortunately for him, the changelings were off a little and facing away. He heaved as he got on his legs, wobbling a little after getting attacked so viciously. He took a deep breath, trotting slowly and a little shakily towards the unsuspecting changelings.

He managed to navigate around, so he was directly behind the three changelings. The soldiers were preparing to launch their attack on Snively's order... Whatever happened, Dunder couldn't let them fire. Slowly, he casually trotted up, at the last possible moment, he needed the element or surprise. Just the decision...either take out the muscle or the brains first. As much as he'd love to shut up that one annoying little changeling, he decided that stopping the bombardiers would be the best route.

The pegasus, at the last moment, started to charge. The heavy hoofbeats got the attention of one of the soldiers, as the soldier turned to look, he was met with a sucker punch to the side of the head. When the soldier fell to the ground, Dunder kept running, picked the soldier up and got him in a choke-hold, but not tight enough to do any damage. The stallion held the struggling changeling with almost too much ease, "Stop right there!" Dunder yelled at that changeling who had been giving him trouble all night.

It certainly didn't take long to confirm that the pony he was after was indeed suspicious. He had to admit, his entrance was a bit of a coincidence. And...right. A costume. He'd forgotten that detail. Figment had talked his way out of worse predicaments. But...not during an invasion. "Well, my costume was heavy, so I left it behind..!" That was just one of the things this crafty pony noted were out of place. Figment supposed if he'd been a dumb one than he wouldn't have been sent after him... He wasn't going to break character; not yet, at least.

He kept appearing tat he was listening intently, not showing any sign of nervousness as the pony went off listing his suspicious, but mostly acted like he was ignoring them. Honey Smiles didn't know anything about any of that, after all. One part caught his interest, though. "Wow! The Queen? Is that their boss? Did you get her? No wonder there's so many looking around here! I think they might look inside places soon--we should get out of here..!", he suggested, in an attempt to get him to exit right into one of the several ambushes outside.

And then he pointed the weapon at him. This was ridiculous--the fact that an earth pony, the most useless of all ponies, had him at a disadvantage. He had to admit...their use of technology was impressive. Maybe she should learn how to put it to use for himself after this. He raised his hooves, and put on the most pitiful and harmless expression he could muster, and causing a terrified look in his big blue eyes. "Nonono! Please, don't shoot..! I-I'm...Honey Smiles--really..! I'm from out of town...I don't have any friends here...please don't make me go out there alone again..!" Just to maximize his chances of not getting blasted, he began trembling and tearing up a bit. However...if this didn't work, he still wanted a way out. "Or...I'll leave if you want...just don't hurt me..! I think they'll catch us all either way, though..."

Cherry glared as the Changeling disappeared, her eyes now locked on the fleeing ponies. The blast of magic from Chrysalis drew her attention back to the fray around her. She launched herself skyward, looking for any way to distract the group that was now pursuing the zebra and the others. She grinned and gave a small laugh. Oh, that would work! She dove down, skidding to a stop just behind a building where voices were coming from. She found some dark mud and carefully coated herself in it, shaking the excess off before making a mad dash out into the open. She screamed, a weak and feminine scream that just begged the attention turn to her.

"Oh, Celestia and Luna save us! My brothers...My sisters...Changelings took them....Oh, no! Get away, get away! Leave me alone, you horrible creatures!" She cried out, trying to imagine a name for a pegasus that couldn't -- or wouldn't -- defend herself.

Rusty shrugged, he knew the pegasus was indeed a changlig, something was just off very about him. Despite this, he relaxed slightly, it didnt seem this changeling would try to harm him immedeirly, so he was fine "Yea, lets go, Ah needta get back in mah shop in my hometown. But first, Ah needta get ready. Don't you move, and don't you talk, could give away our position." he carefully made sure not to mention where that was. He trotted over to the desk, quickly scooping all of his stuff in a saddle bag, then turning to face the 'Pegasus'. He trotted up to it, smiling disarmingly "See this here launcher? Now, this is a treat..." he slid his hoof along it, "3x reinforced with a magic diffusion patturn on each layer, which makes it so spells are spread out all over the device when it is hit by one." he loaded something in there, it appeared to be some aort of fueltank, possibly for his portoble welding torch. "Alright, les go." he pointed his launcher at the broken window, and fired, clamping on to a roof somewhere outside. He reeled himself in, but this time it reeled him in at a much greater speed, it seemed he had improved the overall device.

The ponies were trying to desperately defend themselves from the Changelings while making their way to safety. Zecora knew that these ponies were not fighters. They were ponies who lived ordinary yet still interesting lives. The zebra also was no warrior, but she tried to remember what she learned from warriors back in Unysai, their advice on training and tactics. The ponies needed a leader in such times and she had to be one for them. But sadly her cobbled together group was not doing well. One filly in her attempt to use her magic rocketed towards the Everfree Forest, something that the zebra hoped meant getting the unicorn closer to her hut. A brown pegasus was fighting with a Changeling as best as he could while other s tried reasoning with the creatures.

"We're... gonna be back, right? There's something in your cottage we can use against them... right?"

"It is true sir we are heading towards the trees, back to my home in the Everfree. Although I know little about these changelings we see, in my cottage there may be a remedy. Believe in yourself and do not be filled with fright. We will make it through this Nightmare Night."

Before the group could make it to the safety of the forest, a tree suddenly blocked their path.

"Going somewhere, are we," Zecora heard behind her. She turned to see Queen Chrysalis standing proudly as she had just denied them their access to safety and to where her poitions lay.

"So, it is you who brings this misery here. You try to spread your plague of fear. But there is a lesson I give to you from me. You can't attack what you can't see."

With that Zecora suddenly blew a cloud of green dust, the kind that she used for her illusion tricks with the foals during Nightmare Night, clouding the area with green smoke.

"Ponies all use your talents and skills. Sharpen your minds and hone your wills. It is us that must to these Changelings send back. So stand together and now attack!"

Darkness watched as the Queen flew away before he was even close to her. He sighed and headed off toward the Everfree after them, despite him being pegasus he never really flew. He kust wondered how this would end.

Misty Magic's skyward descent ended when the out of control unicorn mare landed in a thick bush in the Everfree Forest. It was an amazing struck of luck that the bush cushioned her fall. No broken bones! Not even a scratch!

"Maybe my luck is changing!" Misty neighed until she looked all around, discovering that the petite unicorn mare was now surrounded by a pack of very hungry looking TIMBERWOLVES! The pack wasted no time, leaping in the air towards her.

"I WISH I WAS BACK IN PONYVILLE!" Misty screamed, her horn instantly flashing as she vanished, seconds before the entire pack collided with each other, creating an instant pile of loose wood and other junk.

In a bright flash, Misty Magic was now back in town, returned to the very spot she had been before. Now things were getting much worse for the other ponies as the changlings outnumbered them. Misty made a mad dash over to Zecora who had just given her 'herd' the order to attack..

"Sorry I messed up before, how can I attack, have any ideas?"

Even though it didn't show on his disguise, Figment narrowed his eyes to the pony's sudden acceptance of him. Even for an earth pony, it seemed too easy. Very well then...if he wanted to play the game, Figment would show him how it was done! Or, perhaps merely order his squad to apprehend him. It seemed like he only had one shot. He couldn't possibly take all of them out... He hoped, anyways. Even if things went sour, he was certain there would be plenty of other drones buzzing by who'd lend assistance.

He sat there like he was told, patiently, watching everything this pony was doing, until he was trotted up to...and proceeded to receive an extremely brief description of the upgrades. That was impressively fast... And even more of a reason to put him out of commission. He wouldn't want him getting near the Queen again, causing her to waste her effort on this contraption. Though, he wondered if it actually could resist a shot from her. Regardless, he had his orders. "...Wow. You're really good. Maybe we'll get out of this after all..!", he commented, thoughts of sabotage beginning to buzz around his head.

Before he could put any sort of scheme into action, though, the pony had already zipped away.. He wasn't used to an earth pony moving so fast. And apparently, the other waiting changelings weren't either, because their spell bolts all missed. He had to get this pony to stay still for them somehow. Pausing to make a subtle motion to his group of drones to give him another moment, he flew after the pony, attempting to cling to him tightly in 'fear'. "They were waiting for us! Slow down, don't just leave me behind..!", he whimpered.

Rusty growled lowly, tempted to get the 'pegasus' off of him and call him out on being a chagling further, pointing to the evidence that there were changligs waiting at the exits, but it appeared they werent chasing him oddly enough, giving him more time to get home faster. He was running fine with the 'Pegasus' clinging on to him, he was used to running while carrying awkaedly position items on his back, mostly from angry shopkeepers or royal gauds, especially royal guards theough. The don't like it when ponies go digging around in the... 'Royal Scrap Pile." What a stupid name, he thought. "Quick! Ah need to know this now! Who was the winner of the young flyers competition back in Cloudsdale coloseum?!" he asked unexpectently.

Archived