About that fan favorite...

Sparkleheart

Good guess, but i think it is going to be Derpy!!

QUEEN OF THE MUFFINS FOREVER!! ;3 ;3

:razz: :razz: :razz: :razz: :razz: :razz: :razz: :razz: :razz: :razz: :razz:

But, Octavia is also a good one!!

-xXDashieXx

Sadly, Derpy has already been named, and I think we all know how bad that turned out......

I'd put my money on Lyra. But I will be happy regardless, it's always nice to see interaction from the community and the show..

I'd say Octavia as well. I believe it was after Equestria Girls came out that the staff said they don't really consider Vinyl a background pony. She also has had an official name for a while. I don't know if there's quite as much that can be done with Lyra on a major scale either, so I don't know if I'd t expect her. Octavia just makes the most sense.

My bits are on Octavia, as well- and I'm quite thankful for it. Next to Vinyl, Spitfire, and Soarin', she's my favorite side-pony; not using the term background pony to describe any of them because most of my list has shown up in at least two episodes.

I'd say Derpy..Since both Octavia and Lyra have official cannon names, while if you notice on Derpy's toys, she's usually nameless. :razz: I'm curious what they'll call her...Muffins? Bubbles? Bubble McMuffin?

Personally, I'm not too optimistic about the chances of Doctor Whooves or Derpy. The Doctor would be liable to get them in a ton of copyright trouble unless they had the blessing of the BBC, but that just feels way too out there. And Derpy? Considering what happened last time, it'd practically be *suicidal* for the show to bring her back as anything other than the usual background gag.

I think that pretty much leaves Vinyl Scratch, Octavia, or Lyra. I don't think Bon-Bon has quite as big a following as the others, but she'd probably be involved in some way if it was Lyra.

From what I've heard about the good Doctor is that they couldn't use 'Dr Whooves', but they were free to use 'Dr Hooves'...Besides, Derpy, the only one I can think of with naming issues is 'Bon Bon'. Sometimes she's BB, sometimes she's "Sweetie Drops". I prefer 'Bon Bon' since you can call her Bonnie, and she just looks like a Bonnie.

• 2 weeks later...

Ditzy Doo is never seen onscreen and never used in association with Derpy

I believe they had originally intended to call her that, but the Derpy name just stuck. Until it became unstuck. Now she's just called "Unnamed Pony"

0a9f.jpg

BBC recently posted that they are allowing Hasbro access to their naming franchise. This could be a precursor for Doctor Whooves to be officially named.

Perhaps they will also make mention as to why he was an Earth Pony in the opening episodes but then became a Pegasus Pony in the Young Flyer's Competition...

Rolling for the Doctor as well! But here's a question! His name isn't "Doctor Who". It's just "The Doctor". Which may not require too much legal dodging? Maybe other aspects of the show will be added, like the trademarked TARDIS for instance? I'm excited! And totally hoping for our favorite Time Lord!

This is false. If you look at the cast listing from the classic Doctor Who, it actually lists the character as "Doctor Who." I believe it wasn't until the revival/reboot that the character was officially called "The Doctor"

I really highly doubt they are going to touch Derpy again. Considering what happened the last time, she is probably going to remain as is. They named her, and then REMOVED the name from the episode and changed the voice. They know the fandom's name for her, and they know how attached the fandom is to her, they aren't going to risk ANOTHER large backlash.

My money is either on Octavia or Doctor Whooves. The former is far more likely.

This is false. If you look at the cast listing from the classic Doctor Who, it actually lists the character as "Doctor Who." I believe it wasn't until the revival/reboot that the character was officially called "The Doctor"

The Doctor only started being Called that in the credits because David Tennant asked.

Just to add some information ^^

Archived