Ponyville's Candy Cane Kissing Game!//Open to all Rules inside!

QuickLime

CandyCaneKissingGame_zps7042f298.png

pony9.jpg

Everything was ready! Punch, treats, festive music, warm cider, and the decor was amazing! He had spent hours working on it and the Stallion yawned slicking his mane back, rubbing his eyes, wearing a black vest, trimmed with white around the collar, a red bit of silk neatly folded to be a cravat, a red gem surrounded by a ring of silver, and pinned to the chest was a sprig of mistletoe.

"Alright let the party begin!" He had put up signs, and even put a blurb out in the newspaper letting everyone know about the party, the green bowl filled to the brim with colorful and flavorful candy cane sticks for the nights festivities! He figured at the most it would be light hearted fun, and hilarious all at the same time!

Now it was a matter of waiting for others to show up!

(Rules in spoiler tag!)

This is how the game works! Cashmere has decided to host a large Hearths Warming Party! His entire store from top to bottom is bursting with colors and Hearths Warming Cheer!

At the Center table there are two bowls, a bright red one, and a sparkly green one! Once there your character is to take a colored candy cane stick from the green bowl and snap it in half, (the color is determined by posting, I'll roll a random number for what color you get) you take and keep one half of the stick, but the other half gets put in the Red bowl!

After everyone has put half their stick in the Red bowl the REAL fun begins!

The Red bowl is passed around, each pony, Griffon or otherwise will take out a stick from the bowl, and whoever has the color that matches the drawn stick..has to KISS the one who drew it out! The color will be determined the same way as before, via a random generator , please give me time to respond to each post before you respond!

[hmm, Darkness, my super shy Stallion, might be fun to RP here]

Darkness looked back at Moonlite, "Do I have to?" he asked Moonlite Frost, his adopted sister, and sighed, "I mean you know I..I'm bad with parties." Moonlite smiled, "Darkness, this is the best way to meet ponies and have a good time, now go on, it will be fine," she said warmly, "I'll be around town if you need me" Darkness sighed and nodded, slowly headingup to the building before slowly tapping the door three times and sitting and waiting, He had a light blue over coat on and looked around nervously, "guess nopony is here, better go" he said wanting nopony to answer

Zecoralux_zps9639adbb.png

Zecora was making his way through Ponyville on her way home when she noticed a sign for a rather unique event during the Hearth's Warming Season.

"A candy cane kissing game? Is this an event to get something sweet, or it for ponies to meet?"

Pondering the meaning of such an event the zebra entered the very fashionable store, admiring the various items displayed.

Her eyes settled upon two bowls and she then spoke to the pony there hosting the event?

"So selecting a cane from a bowl is what I need to do, then I must break it in two? One half will go into the bowl of red while the other half will stay with me instead?"

tem3nQV.png

Ah Hearthswarming Eve! A time of celebration, joy, good will and, of course, tons of fun for all! The dark blue stallion, Razor Wind, trotted about the snow covered town in sheer joy as he witnessed all the decorations being set up and heard the sounds of carols being sung in the echoing in the air; there was no possible way he could not crack a wide, joyful smile! Raz' attire was less adventure-driven today and sported only his red cloak that kept him nice and warm, as well as a red and white scarf that hung around the pegasus's neck; the rims of his cloak adorned with white fluff and sewn on bells that jingled with each step he took. His stroll took him to the doors of Cashmere's store, of which had advertised (quite conspicuously!) a large Hearthswarming party that the pegasus just had to attend!

A joyful grin plastered onto his face as he stepped inside, nodding to the few already present; not many had arrived yet, seemed he was early. "Happy Hearthswarming, everypony!" he greeted heartily, having spotted a certain well known zebra visitor, and another lone stallion... who seemed to be ready to leave? "Whoa whoa, what's the rush?" he turned to the stallion, Darkness, the pegasus adventurer smiling warmly, "No reason to take off just yet, the party hasn't even started! Stick around a bit, I'm sure you'll have a great time." he gave the shy pony a confident pat on the back, displaying a far more social and jovial attitude then what was usual for him; the holidays just seemed to have this effect on the dark blue stallion! Moving up to the two bowls of candy canes, he examined them, hmm'ing to himself in thought, hearing Zecora's clarification of the rules. "Well that's what I heard, so sounds good to me." he smiled and nodded, taking one of the colored canes from the green bowl as was previously instructed, snapping it in half, and placing the other half back in the red bowl.

pony9.jpg

Cashmere glanced at the Zebra and nodded at that "Yes ma'am that's how it works!" He grinned "You have to kiss whoever draws the stick color matches your own" The other guest was handling the pony trying to slip out of the room, noticing Razor Wind withdrawing a stick of Candy from the bowl, the color was black, and was licorice flavored! "Huzzah! We have a first player!" He said watching him put it in the bowl "Don't eat your candy please! Just save it so you can see it when it's time to shuffle the bowl alright?"

Albina strode into the shop, smiling wide as she took in the festive decor that covered the Ponyville establishment from top to bottom. Everything from the tastefully decorated tree to the colorful selection of punch bowls and cups just screamed happiness and cheer, and the griffin couldn't help but be affected by it. From appearances alone, she knew this party would be a far cry from the stuffy formal balls of Canterlot or the rambunctious celebrations of her home town, Rockwington. The well-traveled griffin was certain that this was a good thing, and not just because she- with naught a light beige cargo vest, her silver earrings, and a modest silver bangle on her right foreleg- was dressed for neither.

As a celebration of goodwill, unity, and peace, Hearth's Warming Eve was a pony holiday through and through; unlike some of her kind, though, she deeply enjoyed the seasonal celebrations. Growing up in a city with a forty percent pony population had rubbed off on her quite a bit, it seemed. She even had a cart full of handmade silvered bronze statuettes parked outside, tightly covered to protect them from the elements, that she intended to hand out later on down the line after more guests arrived. For now, though, she was content to approach the center table, where most of the other current guests seemed to be congregating, and strike up a conversation.

Albina arrived there just in time to hear a hearty Hearth's Warming Eve greeting to all from a dark blue stallion, smiling and waving in kind. "Happy Hearth's Warming Eve to you, too!" She replied brightly, looking over the other guests in her peripheral vision. She didn't really recognize them, but she knew the look on the stallion's face from a mile away: the look of somepony who just did not want to be here this evening. "Yeah, take a load off and hang out for a while, besides," she approached the two bowls- one of which was full of candy canes- and took one from the green vessel, a small grin crossing her beak, "something tells me this is going to be quite memorable."

aPZYKMS.png

Silver's Hearth's warming eve had been bittersweet. He was given the night off so he had chosen relax in Ponyville. His parent's were out of Equestria at the time so there was no point in going back to Trottingham, they apparently were on a trip to Unyasi and something had come up to keep them stuck there through the holidays. On the other hoof his little sister was somewhere in town so chances are he would run into her at some point this night.

On this night Silverheart was simply on a walk, a sort of unofficial patrol of Ponyville primarily out of habit. As the marish looking stallion walked by he noticed a flyer with an advertisement for a hearth's warming party that required no invitation. Well, the night seemed as calm as ever there didn't seem to be any immediate threats looming over the town so it couldn't hurt to relax. At the very least he hoped this party was cleanly and things didn't get too chaotic.

Soon Silver had found the address and walked on in, hanging his cloak on a nearby and convenient coat-rack. There were already a few ponies hear... and one zebra with a very familiar speech pattern. Smiling he walked on over in time to hear Zecora's short explanation,"It's nice to see you again, Miss Zecora. Staying warm this night?" said the stallion as he waited his turn and took one of the candy cane's from the bowl and snapped it with his telekinesis before setting on end in the red bowl.

Darkness sighed and slowlt went up and took out the candy cane, then turned away from every pony as he, with much hastle, used his hoof and mouth to snap in and stared and the broken piece, "I..I w..will r..regret t..this," he sighed and plopped it into the bowl, "I..swear M..moonlite, I..I'll get you back." with that he sat in the corner with the candy cane hanging out of his mouth sweetly.

The Hearth Warming season had finally came! Ponies from all over Equestria were celibrating this time love and cheer. Mel was on her way to an address she recently saw in the papers. Somepony by the name of Cashmere was hosting a party for all to enjoy. The unicorn was sure they would enjoy having some music while they partied. Melody decided to wear one of her finest dresses. A silky navy blue ruffled dress trimmed on the edges with a pink strip. Mel also decided to have some holly pinned to her collar for the holiday spirit. Floating by her side was a deep blue instument case containing her favored violin, the one she planned on playing for the party guests.

When she arrived at her destination, which seemed to be a shop of sorts, she calmly admired the decor. The host must have spent a good deal of time and effort to pull off such a dazzling display. The sound of chatter drew her attention to the guests whom arrived earlier than she had. There were a good number of ponies in the store, even a griffon had settled to attend this party. She came up to a table of which two colored bowls sat. After watching carfully from a distance she took a random candy cane out of the green bowl. Using her magic, she snapped the candy in half keeping one half and placing the other in the red bowl.

Afterwards she walked up to a finely dressed unicorn, whom she percieved as the host. "My this is indeed quite the party you ought to be very proud of yourself for such a warm hearted deed." She said wilst opening the case and pulling out a beautiful blue and pink violin, and set to tuning it. While she operated on her instrument she lifted her head once in a while to watch what events were occuring.

pony9.jpg

"Yes it's going pretty well" He said and smiled at the mare that came over to him "I am pretty proud..." He stared then as she took out an instrument and started tuning it, without so much as asking if it were okay "Er Miss, I do appreciate you bringing your pretty instrument to my party, but I have entertainment planned and well I don't think you can focus on the game while playing, would you mind not playing that till later?" He didn't want to be rude, but it was certainly odd to come to someone elses party with ideas of performing without checking with the host first,

The mare known as Mel reached into the bowl and withdrew a Pink and white striped candy cane stick that was strawberry and cream in flavor!

Please remember to put " around the text your character speaks :3

"Hmm?" She glanced up from her violin to the speaker which was the unicorn. She took a moment to recall on what he had said before it dawned on her and she giggled softly. "Oh not at all dear I was about to discuss the very topic with you" She levitated the instrument back into the case and zipped it back up. "Oh! Where are my manners?!" She turned back to the unicorn extending a white hoof "My name is Sweet Melody, but mostly everypony calls me Mel for short.".

Harmonic Dissonance has been to every major city and many minor ones in her travels as a jazz mare, however her travels never brought her to Ponyville, at least not for long (usually just a stop over on the train). However this time she had time to kill and Ponyville seemed rather festive, not to say the larger cities weren't, but it was far easier to see that the entire town was ready for Hearth's Warming Eve. Dissy trotted around town she saw some ponies having a snowball fight, which seemed fun, but not really her bag, and of course fillies and colts playing in the snow which she was far too old for. She finally came across a shop adorned in Hearth's Warming decorations and colours, with several ponies entering. What's going down in this joint? The jazz mare quietly thought to herself as she trotted over to the joint's open door.

As she entered the establishment she saw all the makings of a holiday party. She smiled as she saw the host of the party, an upstage looking pony, most certainly a fashionista. But Dissy wasn't one to judge, she figured any pony could cut loose and have a good time, she saw it all the time at her shows, some square looking ponies the once the music started enjoyed themselves like any other pony. She looked around the room and noticed ponies taking a candy cane from a green bowl and placing the other half into the red. She wasn't quite sure why, but figured she should do it to be part of the herd.

Cantering up to the bowl she removed a cane snapped it in half and placed the other into the red bowl. With that she went over to the host. "Hey there, nice lookin' joint ya got here. I'm Harmonic Dissonance, a player of the keys," the jazz mare introduced herself. "I notice you have a piano over there, ya mind if I knock on the keys a bit? I know some festive tunes." The jazz mare offered to play for the party, it's what she loved to do after all. Sure she could hobnob with the other guests, but she could do that just as well as ponies approached her at the piano. And what's a party if you can't have a good time? In anycase she was going to have a good time tonight no matter which way the host answered.

Albina grinned deviously at the peppermint candy cane she retrieved; the bright colors were the easiest to see, just in case her 'partner' decided to skip town before she got her due. She went ahead and snapped it in two, placing one half in the other bowl and tucking the remaining piece behind her ear where it would be out of the way but visible.

With that task accomplished, the merchant griffin decided to introduce herself to the host. She approached the rather handsomely dressed stallion with a smile, and took a short bow with a slight flutter of her wings in as good of a hoof-shake greeting as she could manage; she didn't want to scratch him up by accident. "Albina Elena Greywing, crafts-griffon at your service." She said in a formal, but very friendly tone. "This party looks like it's gonna be quite a house-rocker, if ponies keep showing up at this rate- and with this kind of decoration and atmosphere, I betcha they will." The formalities over with on her part, Albina let herself relax and slip more into her normal demeanor. What kind of party was fun if you had to put on an act, after all?

Raz kept a hold of his black colored candy and moved to walk around the store, just observing the crowd that was starting to show up; this was going to be one heck of a gathering it seemed! Not one to be the most social, but still enjoying polite company, the stallion pegasus took a seat on a nearby chair; wings folding underneath his cloak. "Quite the colorful cadre we've got here!" he commented with a chuckle; large, fluffy and slightly spiky-looking tail flicking about idly.

"Thank you for telling me," Zecora said, "Now to fetch my candy."

She turned her head away from the bowl and placing her hoof into the bowl fetched a candy stick which she broke in half. As she waited for the other ponies to find their candies, a familiar pony met the zebra who asked her about how she was doing.

"I am indeed doing fine and am warm this night,. How about you, are you doing alright?"

cinderbannerresize_zpsb15c3008.png

A candy cane kissing game.

When Cinder saw that line in the newspapers she just had to join in. The chances of an amusing time was sky high.

Cinder's excitement grew as she approached the store. It was so festively decorated, and the signs outside confirmed this was the place from the newspapers. She giggled, as giddy as a school filly. This is gonna be hilarious!

She had decided to come to Ponyville and visit her her grandma who moved here a little while ago looking for a nice peaceful lifestyle. So during her holiday vacation, she decided to stay with her for a week.

This place was really starting to grow on her. Everypony was so friendly and welcoming.

She stepped through the doors and gawked at the decor. So much sparkly festive awesomeness! She couldn't wait to get started.

As Cinder headed for the center table, she saw a purple maned unicorn who seemed to be the host of the party. She nodded to him, her Trottingham accent adding to the delightful chatter of a full party.

"Happy Hearthswarming!"

While cantering up to the candy cane bowls in a giddy fashion, she heard a stallion's voice.

"Quite the colorful cadre we've got here!"

She instinctively turned to the dark blue pony displayed a big grin.

"Indeed!"

She approached the center table, read the rules carefully, and took a candy cane from the green bowl. She then snapped it in half, and put one of the halves in the red bowl.

ilXJ0S2.jpg

"I am indeed doing fine and am warm this night,. How about you, are you doing alright?"

Silver smiled to the Zebra,"Oh I'm doing alright, I got some time off from the guard and now I'm enjoying the holiday away from home seeing as my parent's are stuck in Unyasi. " Silver's last encounter with Zecora was during the post Nightmare night Banquet where he sat beside her at the guests of honor's table. While he himself hadn't done anything outstanding that night besides saving a few civilians he , Zecora had helped fend off the changeling invasion forces along with several other ponies.

Soon the realization hit him, he had yet to introduce himself to the host, looking to well dressed stallion in the black vest,"I apologize for not introducing myself sooner. I'm Silverheart, It's nice to meet you mister..." he trailed off hoping the stallion would fill in the blank with his name.

Razor smiled and waved a hoof to the newcomer with the red and white mane, Cinder, nodding eagerly "I have a feeling this is going to be a.wonderful party!" He said joyfully. A moment later,.seeing Silverheart introduce themselves to the host, the dark blue pegasus blinked and hopped up from his seat, "Ah! Right, dear Celestia where are my senses? I am Razor Wind; pleasure to meet all of you!" He announced in that same, jovial attitude and gave a polite bow to the group.

Harrington had been passing through town when a newspaper blew straight into his face. He had to shake it for a few seconds before it came off. "Such a gust out here today...huh? A party? I haven't been to one in a while...and I'm not sure if I'll make it back to Baltimare with this weather going about. Might as well." He skipped over the featured part of the festivities and looked for the address before crumpling the paper in his saddlebag and continuing on his way through town. He took about 20 minutes of searching before he finally found the place.

Harrington entered the mansion once the door opened for him, and he stepped inside, shedding the light snow that covered his coat, scarf and hat before entering and approaching the rest of the party guests.

"Hello. I don't believe I've met many of you...if any at all...name's Harrington Sleuth of Baltimare. I'm a freelance private eye, though I haven't had much work as of recently...guess ponies don't need much trouble investigated this time of year." He came upon the two bowls of candy and was about to help himself to one when he was stopped. "Hm?" He checked the paper again and picked up the part he missed about the game. "Right..." He picked up a candy cane and snapped it, a slanted break near where the point where the curved and slanted parts met. He decided to drop the straight piece into the bowl and pocket the curved piece before conversing with some of the other guests.

Archived