Spotted an animation error

• 2 weeks later...

Here's the S2 episode 3 list of mistakes if anyone is interested. (If it has an asterix, it's just a point of interest.)

1:16-:21 - The entire list is shown as blank.

1:26 - One frame has Twilight's neck missing from it's position.

2:24 - Part of the second half of Ms. Cake's mane disappears for 2 frames.

2:35 - Twilight's horn is off it's proper angle.

3:22 - Twi's cutie mark seems to be missing.

4:10 - Twi's mane is layered behind her body, resulting in an impossible shot for 2 frames.

5:05 - Pluto, the filly in the back right of the room, is an alicorn. This is a mistake.

7:41 - Blank flank. Sorta. Also, Dash has human joints for her right hind leg in several frames.

8:12 - Rainbow Dash's goggles seem to wrap "into" her neck on several frames.

9:43 - Fluttershy only has 1 wing. And on a frame near the end of the second, her wing is layered under her hind leg.

9:52 - Fluttershy's wings are off-sync for a few frames.

10:24 - Twilight's mane (second half) seems to have strange residue on it. It's nowhere to be seen in any other shots.

*11:24 - As Pinkie sees off the basket being pulled into the air by balloons, she motions her head to Fluttershy who noticed it and seems to be surprised, though melancholic.

Pinkie then shows disappointment over Shy's reaction. This is great little scene between the 2, in my opinion.

*12:47- Anyone who supports the idea that the ponies only have cutie marks on one side of their flanks should see this shot.

13:25 - Twi's tail goes from messed up to fixed again.

13:36 - The horn is going through the nest and the bird.

14:00+/~ - Twilight's doll mirrors a few times.

16:33 - While under the charm spell, some ponies still keep the reflection on their eyes while others do not.

16:36 - Twi's horn is too high angled once again. This problem pervades some of the other unicorns as well.

*17:04 - Dash went from around the middle of the shot to behind the tree in the span of about 3 frames. Pinkie appears to have noticed.

18:19 - Celestia is horribly off-model: her fore legs are larger than her hind legs despite being mostly horizontal on the plane. She also appears smaller than usual.

18:32 - Unsure, but it appears that when Twilight is far away, she gets an inner thigh cutie mark, despite not having one earlier in her walk cycle.

18:53 - A single frame error occurs which removes AJ's hat. We can see that her mane does not connect thanks to this.

19:00 - Twilight's mane is fine, but as soon as it changes camera angle, it's messed up again.

19:03 - Same off-model Celestia is used here, but we can't see the hooves completely this time, so it doesn't look nearly as bad.

19:57 - Okay, Celestia is hard to animate. Especially when her wings are involved.

*20:15 - OH WOW. A rare instance of Celestia with a 3/4 front face!

I must be blind because the Mirrored head thing doesn't look bad to me at all.... :/

It doesn't look bad, it is just a simple mistake that was probably really easy to make and difficult to realize one was making.

hi hi

I think the 18:19 part where Celestia looks off model was supposed to be an attempt at perspective that just didn't turn out right. She's supposed to look like she's towering over Twilight, so the parts that are closest to the viewer (her forelegs) are enlarged, and the parts that are further away are smaller. I agree it looked weird, but I'm pretty sure that one was on purpose.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...