Spotted an animation error

See the last 6 seconds - it cuts from the front shot with her on the table, showing no cakes...and then cuts to a behind shot then back to her front again, and by her feet there are some unexplained cakes on the table.

^_^

Just kidding, I'm pretty sure that everypony is aware of that shot from episode 1 by now.

Yep, pointed out the CMC together a loooong time ago, shortly after the board opened up! Though I didn't think to post it, haha.

Well aren't you guys special!! :)

So, I'm confused. Which side of her horn is Twilight's highlights? haha, that rhymes...

Note: I did not flip these photos, this is how they appear straight from the show.

twilighthighlight.jpg

I can't look at that without thinking that Caramel might be the first transgendered pony.

It's something more than a few fans are thinking. Even if this wasn't intended, I wouldn't be surprised to see it become fanon.

So, I'm confused. Which side of her horn is Twilight's highlights? haha, that rhymes...

Note: I did not flip these photos, this is how they appear straight from the show.

twilighthighlight.jpg

This happens a lot, it seems. Twi's back-mane switches sides a lot too, as does the fall of Rarity's curls. They play fast and loose with the asymmetries.

hi hi

From the looks of this, they're twins. (or just lazy animators?)

If I recall the animation team were under a tight deadline for that episode so they just re-purposed a lot of the regular background ponies from Ponyille and also swapped around colors and marks. Thus you get background characters like a suddenly "female Caramel" and later again as male. Of course fandom just took the idea and ran with it producing all sorts of imagery since they already made Caramel the focus of M/M shipping.

hi hi

I really want to know how they do their animation. I've done some animation in flash myself and sometimes when you've got thousands of keyframes, you can make a change and miss one. I'm betting it is that, because if it is just an animator having a laugh, it isn't a very good one.

twilighthighlight.jpg

This happens a lot, it seems. Twi's back-mane switches sides a lot too, as does the fall of Rarity's curls. They play fast and loose with the asymmetries.

Same for Sweetie Belle. Anyone else noticed how her hair highlights keep switching sides, too?

Guess it's a flash animation thing. :D

Part of it is framing and staging. Twilight's back mane usually hangs over the camera side. It defines her neck and looks prettier. Rarity's coiffure almost always falls away from camera, so you can see her face. As you can see in the image above, Pinkie Pie's lock looks the same wheter she's facing left or right, but when she's facing forward, it turns sideways.

A few of these things have to do with readability.

Part of it is framing and staging. Twilight's back mane usually hangs over the camera side. It defines her neck and looks prettier. Rarity's coiffure almost always falls away from camera, so you can see her face. As you can see in the image above, Pinkie Pie's lock looks the same wheter she's facing left or right, but when she's facing forward, it turns sideways.

A few of these things have to do with readability.

Yeah, I know several artist friends who do this on purpose with their characters, especially if they have hair that covers part of the face; it is always the far side wither you are looking from the left or the right (even if its officially on one side), just for the visual readability.