Spotted an animation error

Found a BGP used twice in two different time periods in the CM Chronicles episode, spaced about 5 minutes apart.

and then i made this...

oldertwi.jpg

It's a free Photoshop-like program called GIMP*. It does pretty much all of what Photoshop does, though I'm finding it hard to learn because the interface is layed out strangely. I'm still considering looking for another program.

You can get it here if you're interested.

*GNU Image Manipulation Program. That's right, the G stands for another acronym. o_o:

hi hi

Technically MP3 stands for Moving Picture Experts Group audio layer 3. GIMP is a good program though, even though it doesn't do a lot of the stuff photoshop does (like CMYK, vectors, etc.), it does most of the basic image editing/painting stuff that people usually use photoshop for. I guess Paint.net is another simple image editing program, even more basic than GIMP, but I've used it before in the line of work and it holds up alright.

Older blank flanks. Or maybe they painted over their original coat.

Green Isn't Your Color. And dangit, Dr. Whooves, Wings aren't your thing either...

error1x.png

Dr. Whooves is a time traveller, who is reborn into new bodies when he dies. These sorts of things happen.

So he died and came back in 5 seconds flat?

He died, many hours or days passed, then he traveled back in time to 5 seconds after he died and picked up where he left off.

3AYNLHZrNog

Some more animation mistakes in video form. It should be noted that the "last" mistake was probably done on purpose. (Not to mention the sounds staggered at the end)

It compiles more of the errors listed previously here, as well as a few other ones.

Oh! I just noticed. If you look at 0:54, watch Pinkie open the door....then watch her family open it. Now, it wouldn't be a big deal if they just opened it inward. Lots of doors swing both ways. But take a look. The hinges switched sides.

I'm pretty sure that cyclops pony was intentional. It would be interesting if we were able to find out why.

I don't thinks so, it looks like the animators dun goofed with eye animation. The face moved from the side view to the frontal view but they forgot to do the same for the eyes.

I'm pretty sure that cyclops pony was intentional. It would be interesting if we were able to find out why.

I don't thinks so, it looks like the animators dun goofed with eye animation. The face moved from the side view to the frontal view but they forgot to do the same for the eyes.

But it is so obvious. I saw that error the first time i watched the episode. How could they not catch it, unless they intend for some reason to leave it like that.

Oh! I just noticed. If you look at 0:54, watch Pinkie open the door....then watch her family open it. Now, it wouldn't be a big deal if they just opened it inward. Lots of doors swing both ways. But take a look. The hinges switched sides.

Truth be told, I think this happens with a lot of doors. A comment from a user on youtube pointed out that this happens all the time with Twilight's door. It probably happens with just about every other door as well.

It's most likely a common lack of communication between animators that causes these easy to miss mistakes.

Hopefully season 2 will be a bit better when it comes to these bloopers. Animation goofs can sometimes be funny and even memetic, but stuff like the horseshoe color-switch up at the beginning of Fall Weather Friends is just unnacceptable, especially because it was noticeable the very first time I watched it.

But it is so obvious. I saw that error the first time i watched the episode. How could they not catch it, unless they intend for some reason to leave it like that.

I missed it the first time I watched it.

*Shrugpony*

Animators are still humans and they make mistakes, if that wasn't the case we wouldn't have a 7-page topic of animations errors.

Also one Derpy obviously isn't enough for the GGG:

DoubleDerpy.png