Winter Business ((OPEN!))

Imagination

It's winter time! Horray!

Since everypony was out and about doing their winter thing, Ruby Pinch saw this as the perfect opportunity to kickstart her business idea! She was going to open an information kiosk! Everypony needs information, and with so many ponies traveling to Ponyville to see the Hearth's Warming pageant, she figured it was her OBLIGATION to gives these ponies the information the sought.

The pink filly took all morning to set up in the marketplace. She found an empty spot where the various stands were up and started to set up shop. The other businessponies paid her no mind. She was just a filly, right? What did she know about business? Oh Pinchy knew a super lot about business! All it took was the demographic and price pitch for services. And she had the best deals of all. Her target demographic? EVERYPONY. That's right, everypony. Some would say that's crazy, but at Pinchy's information kiosk, the service was available and suitable for any and all who came! Crazy!

And her price? Crazier.

One.

Whole.

Hug.

That's right! A whole hug to get the answer to any question they desired, straight from the pink filly's noggin of infinite wisdom.

After taking a couple of hours to build a makeshift stand, and hang a little tarp she borrowed from home to protect her and her customers from the snow, she was ready! She sat behind her little stand with a great big grin on her adorable little face, just waiting for her first customer. But it was winter! Of course she was protected from the coldy coldness. She had a pink scarf, or course, that looked swell on her! That's what her mother told her, anyway. Her sign read

'Pinchy Facts! Only 2 1 hugs per queschun!'

Next to the filly was a little cardboard sign that read 'The Pinchy is IN'.

cinderbannerresize_zpsb15c3008.png

Cinder Rose trotted through the market place, trying to find an antique shop. It was her third day staying with her grandma here in Ponyville for the holidays, and she wanted to get a gift for her brother. However, she couldn't seem to find an antique shop anywhere.

"Where is it?"

As she scanned the market place, her eyes fell upon the cutest thing. A pink little filly sat behind a stand. From what Cinder could tell as she read the sign, the filly would answer any question in exchange for a hug. But she originally wanted two hugs it seems, as the number 2 was crossed out. It's even all misspelled and stuff. Simply adorable!

"Awww!" Cinder said to herself as her gait slowed to a stop.

The pink little pony had a big grin on her face, waiting eagerly for a costumer. Cinder changed direction and headed for the stand.

She approached with a smile.

"Hello there. I'll take one of those Pinchy facts, please."

KZEtvg4.jpg

This might have been one of the worst Hearth's Warming Eve ever. Mistral normally loved this night as much as anypony else but she was currently stranded in Ponyville with a sprained wing from an accident involving a heavy snow cloud and clumsy pegasus who shall currently go unnamed. With such an injury she couldn't make her usual super fast flight back to Manehattan, and after having a spent a great deal of her bits on a fancy meal the previous night before the aforementioned accident she couldn't pay a balloon service to take her home... and her stubborn pride was preventing her from asking for charity. And thanks to that same pride and lack of funds all she had at the moment was a scarf, some hoof-warmers, her goggles, a saddlebag that held her glasses, a few gifts for her folks that would have to wait a while to be opened ... and to add to the pile a slowly growing cold.

Even if she didn't have any funds she figured browsing whatever was available at the market place couldn't hurt. As she wandered through the various stands she noticed one curious one set up by a pink filly in a cute scarf. Her sign was misspelled and she wasn't charging any bits but by Celestia is was a rather sweet scene to see a filly who was charging a hug for a question. if Misty was going to ask a question and give Pinchy a hug it would probably have to be a short one, she didn't want to get her sick after all.

"Ey, you dere. Do ya take hugs in advance or after ya answer ponies' questions? either way I could use a hug tanight..." she said, speaking through a scarf that covered her muzzle, her voice sounding a bit hoarse and slightly nasally.

WHAT'S THIS?!

Pinchy had not one, but TWO customers come to her stand! And she had just opened not too long ago!

"Aaaaaaaaaaa~!" Came a little fangirlish squeal. Yes, she's that dedicated to her customers. She's a fan of them. Quite the loyal one too. These two were gonna get the best hugs of the day! The little filly hopped down from her stool and went around the counter to collect her payment! First up was Cinder Rose! The pink filly reached her little hooves up and flailed them about, waiting for a hug to grace them. "One Pinchy Fact coming up! No refunds" When payment would commense, Ruby would squeeze the mare as hard as she could muster! What a hug!

Oh, but then came a delicate matter one of saftey and hygiene, yes, but Pinchy NEVER lets a customer down! EVEEER!

"All hugs are up front, pretty lady!" Ooo, compliments too! Very nice, Pinchy, you outdo yourself. "Thank you!" What?

Oh, but Pinchy was clever, yes she was. She was a smart pone. All she did was hike up that scarf to cover her muzzle! No germs were gonna get her! No way no how! She'd hold up her hooves to the sickly mare and give her a grand hug, just as she undoubtedly would the mare before. Once payment had been thusly collected, she'd return to her place at the other side of the counter. "Ooo! One sec~!" She bade them wait before she disappeared again. After a moment or two, she had fished out a pair of spectacles somewhere, giving her a knowledged look... Of sorts. Hey, were those her mother's reading glasses...?

"Ask away, and Pinchy will give you the bestest answer she can! Satisfaction guarenteed! but you can't take the hugs back, so I can't really give you anything if you're not satisfied..." Hugs are forever. No backsies.

cinderbannerresize_zpsb15c3008.png

"Aaaaaaaaaaa~!"

Cinder was grinning from ear to ear as the little pink pony let out an excited squeal from seeing her costumers. She then walked around the stand, reach up, and flailed her arms about, waiting for the hug.

"One Pinchy Fact coming up! No refunds"

"Awww, c'mere, you!"

Cinder wrapped her arms around the filly, who squeezed as tight as she could. So sweet! Cinder responded with little squeeze herself before regaining a normal stance and laughing.

"Wow. That's a great hug you got there."

After the filly collected her payments, she went back to her stand.

"Ooo! One sec~!"

The filly disappeared for a moment before coming back with some reading glasses.

"Ask away, and Pinchy will give you the bestest answer she can! Satisfaction guarenteed! but you can't take the hugs back, so I can't really give you anything if you're not satisfied..."

Cinder couldn't hold back a chuckle of amusement. This is one of the most lovable fillies she's ever met.

And now for a question.

She hasn't thought of one yet, actually. Cinder remembered that she couldn't find the antique shop, so maybe she'll ask her where it's at? No no no, that's so boring. This little filly is a thinking pony who wants to share her insights and knowledge with the citizens (and visitors) of Ponyville! She's gotta come up with something better than that.

Then an idea hit her. Cinder could ask her a deep philosophical question. She's been surprised before by the kind of insight that could come from a little pony. And it oughta really get her thinker going.

"Alrighty, here's my question. What do you think is true happiness?"

2ccsaxy.jpg

Off to the side stood Filthy Rich, eschewing his usual tie for a scarf on this chilly day. His inner business stallion found itself melting away at the sight of lil' Ruby Pinch's newest enterprise; giving customers Pinchy Facts in exchange for hugs. Pinchy's stand looked very much unpolished and rough around the edges, but all foals needed to start somewhere. Plus the concept behind the stand itself was very original... and heartwarming to say the least. Why couldn't Diamond Tiara operate a market stand of her own as a fun little project?

Once Ruby Pinch finished with two customers, Mr. Rich came by to the stand to cough up a hearty hello; "Ha ha ha, if it isn't lil' miss Ruby Pinch! You know, you could probably make real bits by having your customers pay money for your hugs. I've noticed that ponies have a hard time resisting the charms of a little filly like you....."

KZEtvg4.jpg

"All hugs are up front, pretty lady! Thank you!"

"Ask away, and Pinchy will give you the bestest answer she can! Satisfaction guarenteed! but you can't take the hugs back, so I can't really give you anything if you're not satisfied..."

The ivory pegasus couldn't help but smile as the little unicorn wrapped her hooves around her, even to a young con artist and weather mare a hug from a good hear could do wonders for a sad mood. This filly's mannerisms and natural charm and that nice touch of flattery would have made her one doozy of a con artist if she went that way in her life... although for Pinchy's benefit she hoped she'd stay on the straight and narrow even if it wasn't what suited Mistral herself.

After the filly let go she took a moment before she asked her question. What would she ask the filly? something simple? or something that had been plaguing her mind for quite a while, eventually she decided on the latter,"Hmmm... Well, Madam Pinchy here's my problem. My talent is da kind dat don't get used alot... I have somethin' else I'm really good at and I'm good at that I might be able ta make my job though... so should I stick ta what my destined talent is or my other talent is?

Archived