Roleplay Type World of Equestria
Name Peachy Keen.
Sex Male.
Age Stallion.
Species Unicorn.
Eye color Pale Green.
Coat Light pink.
Mane/Tail Slightly darker pink.
Physique Average height and average build.
Voice A higher than average tone with a light Canterlot accent.
Residence Canterlot
Occupation Artist/art store owner

Cutie Mark

A paintbrush with swirling strokes that somewhat resemble a curly mane.

peachcutieapp_zps8mzrjxoy.png

History

Peachy always lived in Canterlot. He was an only child who was often spoiled by his parents and other close relatives. It wasn't their intention, but he had a hard time appreciating things since he always got what he wanted. Due to his charisma he acquired a lot of friends and was quite popular in school, but he wasn't close with any of them. Something about authentic relationships felt dangerous to him even at a young age. Perhaps it was due to his parent's disposition towards the idea. They suspected most ponies of wanting to befriend their wealth rather than befriend them, and Peachy picked up on that attitude over the years. He isolated himself from others because of remarks such as, "be careful, they might just like you because you're the rich colt," and, "don't let them take advantage of you." It was good advice, but he never got to hear about the good side of friendship, or why it's worth taking a little risk every now and then

His parents owned and managed a high end arts and crafts store. A large upper floor was built atop the building which they called their home while the lower floor was where they worked. Peachy enjoyed the large selection of tools he always had at his hooftips. He also gained useful business skills as he worked alongside his family. Once Peachy was old enough his parents gave him the art store and opened up a new one elsewhere in Canterlot.

Peachy had a lot to learn during his first couple years running a store. At first he struggled a bit and had to learn how to adjust to life with lower income. The experience added a bit of modesty to his character and once he got the hang of things, his business flourished and is now one of the best known art shops in Equestria. He's also earned a reputation for himself as an artist and sometimes gets commissioned by some rather famous characters. A little while later, Peachy added a new section in his shop where ponies could sign up to sell their paintings. He also started to sell custom portraits on curtain days to make extra bits, though the main motivation is to promote his work.

His goal in life is to just be happy, but there's something in the way of that. It's a difficult thing to place for someone who's always had whatever they wanted but, there's some kind of emptiness he can't seem to fill no matter how much he has or how much praise and admiration he earns.

Cutie Mark Story

While at the market place he saw a high quality hat and simply had to have it. His parents started to comply but then something happened. His mom stopped and decided he was going to earn it. They still bought the hat, but Peachy wouldn't get it until he had the bits to buy it himself.

Peachy was not happy about this new development. All he usually had to do was ask for it and he would get it! Why does he have to earn this one? Because he didn't appreciate it? He appreciated things just fine! Disgruntled, he started drawing angry faces to let off steam while he was at school. He didn't know how he was going to make enough money. He was just a kid and he didn't get paid for working at the art store yet. After searching his thoughts for an idea, he looked up and realized the angry faces he drew were identical to his teacher. He was unwittingly copying down her features. That moment triggered an idea. He loved to draw and paint. He could sell custom portraits!

During his day off school he got some supplies from the art store and set up a little place right outside. Soon ponies all around were requesting a portrait. To him, it was exciting to get all that attention and meet all sorts of ponies from many different parts of the world. He even drew a portrait for a royal guard! He found the art of capturing everypony's uniqueness on a piece of paper amazing. So many hairstyles, colors, personalities and not to mention interesting stories to tell. He was enjoying it so much he lost track of the time.

When it became too dark to paint he began to wrap things up. And after counting his earnings Peachy realized he made several bits beyond the original goal. But the hat he wanted was nothing compared to the fun he had all day. He loved painting portraits for others and knew he had to become an artist. Not just to draw but to showcase the beauty of life and the individual ponies that live in it. To appreciate the sheer diversity of the world and strive to learn more about it. At that moment his cutie mark appeared. Naturally he was as excited as any colt in that situation and barely even remembered his original goal until his parents had to remind him.

Character Summary

This pony loves nothing more than to be noticed by and interact with others. His charm and dress code earn him a lot of the superficial attention that he craves. When ignored or disregarded he will act quickly to get back in the spotlight. He's a cheeky sort, often engaging in playful insults and flirtatious banter. Though he prefers stallions, he delights in the ability to make everypony blush.

However, when anything more than trivial chatter develops, he puts up a wall that no one's been able to crack. In fact, he's never even experienced true friendship since he pushes others away when they get too close. Despite being surrounded by "friends" there's a deep sadness and loneliness in him. Living such a lively and social lifestyle might be an attempt to cover the pain while also trying to keep other ponies from feeling the way he does. He has a lot of pressure on himself to make sure no one ever sees him unhappy. He can usually push the gloom aside and put on an act for awhile since he enjoys the company of others so much. However, once the day is over and he's alone at home, everything comes back and he is absolutely drained. He often copes with his despondency by painting. A lot of his best art came from those moments.

Peachy isn't too awfully fond of his first name, often referring to himself as Keen and encouraging others to do so as well. He of course delights in painting and strives to get better as it earns more respect from his viewers and customers. His love of fashion is also a reflection of his need for attention and validation.

Although he's self centered, Peachy thrives on his fascination with those around him. He wants to know their story, what makes them tick, how they're feeling, what kind of knowledge they have ect. It gets his mind off of himself a little. Plus he is listening with sincere interest. He only needs to know a pony's name once and it's a permanent part of his memory. When in public there's hardly a moment when he's not smiling and he has to greet everypony before he's satisfied.

Peachy has a habit of walking around in a prance with his head held high. Perhaps he's over compensating for his often deary mood. Most of the time his prancing is meant to be playful and grab attention, but it often comes across as uppity.

He doesn't have a very high pain threshold and can't deal with things that are too serious or heavy. He will become petrified when afraid, locked in a daze and unable to move. When the going gets tough he's not good at handling it and can get easily overwhelmed. Despite his seemingly controlled disposition, It wouldn't take much to get an emotional outburst out of him.

Peachy doesn't intend to but he often comes off as a snob, especially to those outside of Canterlot. He has a tendency to over pity others even when they're perfectly happy and is quite picky. When given the choice, he only wants the highest quality of everything. Food, clothing, art supplies, ect. He's also somewhat awkward around non wealthy ponies. If he gets agitated and looses composure, he'd beat himself up about it for weeks. He hates nothing more than letting his emotions get the best of him and dwells on past mistakes far too long. It's a rare occurrence, but If he dislikes someone, he tries to get under their skin using remarks, insults and demonstrations of his "superiority."

All in all he tries to do the right thing, but there are a few "blind spots" concerning his sense of the world around him. There's also the inner conflict of desperately wanting a close relationship while being too afraid to let it happen. Due to this, he's rather frustrated on a daily basis, but doesn't let that get in the way of trying to keep everyone else happy. Unfortunately, he doesn't know how to do the same thing for himself.

As I am reading your application, could I ask that you separate the history in paragraphs so it is easier to read? When you finish this, I will review although my critiques may not be as good!

Cheers,

Dashie

Thanks! MY feedback:

- Could you expand the history just a bit. There must be more than that! Remember it is what happens between when he gets his cutie mark and above.

That is my first comments.

Cheers,

Dashie

Here we are again Mcderp! That's a really cute character you'v got there! He looks so suave and classy, and the name is adorable XD

I'v got two small things I think you could tweak to make the application ready for stamping :)

First off could you maybe tone the cutie mark story down just a touch? Keep the original story but tone down how over the top it gets (Him buying everyone in Canterlot sweets, making so much money ect) It's a really cute story but just could stand to go down a notch or two?

Also his history is a little low, could you maybe talk more about him in it? It seems to mostly be about his parents and grandma, and while they are really cool sounding characters (I hope you app them!) We want to know more about Peachy :D

After these two minor tweaks are made this app looks good to go! Good job so far =D I love seeing more characters of yours!

(Remind me to make Peachy a Banner too ;) )

Here we are again Mcderp! That's a really cute character you'v got there! He looks so suave and classy, and the name is adorable XD

I'v got two small things I think you could tweak to make the application ready for stamping :)

First off could you maybe tone the cutie mark story down just a touch? Keep the original story but tone down how over the top it gets (Him buying everyone in Canterlot sweets, making so much money ect) It's a really cute story but just could stand to go down a notch or two?

Also his history is a little low, could you maybe talk more about him in it? It seems to mostly be about his parents and grandma, and while they are really cool sounding characters (I hope you app them!) We want to know more about Peachy :D

After these two minor tweaks are made this app looks good to go! Good job so far =D I love seeing more characters of yours!

(Remind me to make Peachy a Banner too ;) )

Thanks for all the compliments :blush: I've hopefully made all the necessary changes. And I was actually thinking about apping his family. They really caught my interest as I was writing them, which probably explains why the history was a bit off the mark.

A Peachy banner too? You're too kind, darling! :idea:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Archived