Handmade, shaped trinket/jewelry box and more

RyuNeko

Hello all. I am going to start putting all of my woodwork that I do into this thread so please follow it so that you can get the updates and see what has been recently created as well as be able to see the progress as each creation continues on it's ponylicious adventure to full creation. :)

I had etched a trinket/jewelry box with Fluttershy on it a week or so ago and I didn't really care for the box itself.

post-9465-0-50643800-1392214678_thumb.jpgpost-9465-0-77472600-1392214721_thumb.jpg

So, I decided to make a box. It is the shape of a characters head. I'm not going to say who it is as I will etch it Wednesday night and show everyone. The box is made from 2 different sizes of craft plywood and a 2" thick board (so it is about 1.25"-1.5" deep). So far it is all cut out and sanded, the hole for the dowel rod has been drilled (the rod is the pivot as the lid will slide open sideways, and the lid will be removable). Here it is:

post-9465-0-89873700-1392214964_thumb.jpg

I know it doesn't look like much right now, but wait until the lid/head piece gets etched. It'll look much better then. And yes the head is just a copied image from Hasbro's mass production of images. I did not create the image, only the object.

I also have WIP model. It is similar to my large RD model, only much smaller. I'm still trying to get her fixed by the way for people that know that story. :sleep: The glue I bought didn't quite work so I have to get a different kind. :roll: For those that haven't seen the large one here it is, and next to it are the pieces I got cut out for the smaller model. It is cut out from 1" thick wood. I got the legs rounded and sanded the way I want and the head has three pieces that are already put together and mudded to be shaped:

post-9465-0-00568300-1392215196_thumb.jpgpost-9465-0-97637600-1392215290.jpg

Tonight (Wednesday) I plan on finishing the trinke/jewelry box as far as finishing the sanding and getting the lid etched so look forward to seeing a completed picture of this tonight :D. After that I plan to do more rounding and sanding on the WIP model. Once I have these items finished I will paint them and post those pictures as well.

Archived