Grand Galloping Gala -- After Party?

Mojo

Thought I read somewhere here that there was an idea to have a GGG after-party (sort of like the way the Original Six meet at Pony Joe's) in the immediate future. Did that idea ever get anywhere?

The reason I ask is that my adopted unicorn Starflower was at the GGG and would certainly want to appear at any potential after party (if it were to occur).

Unfortunately, the longer you drag a 'special event' out, the less special it becomes.

Next years Gala will be here before the last one is completely wrapped up at this rate.

Speaking of which; Wrap up your gala posts NOW before the threads are locked.

I suppose you can have a regular RP at a place like Pony Joe's that of course references the gala event at Canterlot (or wherever you like), it just can't be in the gala threads themselves as they are closed to new RP threads.

I suppose you can have a regular RP at a place like Pony Joe's that of course references the gala event at Canterlot (or wherever you like), it just can't be in the gala threads themselves as they are closed to new RP threads.

I understand this, I wasn't proposing having an 'After Party' thread in the Gala section.

This line of thought does beg a question. How do we as RPs deal with situations that involve minor FiM Cast members if they haven't been 'cast' yet?

For example, say someone wanted to start an After Party thread in Canterlot at Pony Joe's. Since Pony Joe hasn't been 'cast' officiailly yet, would it be proper to at least 'reference' him in the thread? I know this is a 'gray area' I'm wandering into, but I thought I'd ask the question so I know where the 'boundries' are, if that makes sense.

This line of thought does beg a question. How do we as RPs deal with situations that involve minor FiM Cast members if they haven't been 'cast' yet?

Well, Mr. and Mrs. Cake haven't been taken by anyone, but they are fairly important to Pinkie Pie, so I've taken a few liberties with having them in threads at Sugarcube Corner. As long as you don't focus too much on side characters and don't develop them beyond the canon, I would just go ahead and use them as you would any other NPCs. It'd be awfully difficult to tread around their existence, and using them as supporting characters helps ground the RP within the setting.

Of course, I'm not in charge of policy. That's just my two cents on the matter.