[Canterlot] Peachy's Portraits at Pony Joe's! Open to all. (Sign up required for portraits)

CaptainMcDerp

peachybannerrezize_zpsebfea288.png

Peachy Keen had just finished setting up his portrait stand at Pony Joe's. A few days ago, Joe agreed to letting him use his shop. It was the perfect atmosphere for such a stand. The smell of coffee was nothing if not enticing, and the overall feel you get from a place like this was so warm and welcoming. No doubt a lot of interesting ponies will show up here. And since Peachy certainly has no need for extra bits, the portraits are free!

A pink aura surrounded a small stack of paper as Peachy straightened it on his desk. In order to prevent ponies from having to wait in line, he brought along a stack of paper and a quill to document each pony in order as they sign up. No reason to stand in line when you could be enjoying yourself after all.

Beside his desk was an example of his work and a a sign was placed on the desk, reading:

Peachy's Portraits

Even though he wasn't particularly fond of being referred to by his first name, Peachy couldn't deny the fact it was far more catchy than "Keen's Portraits."

He readjusted his canvas and scooted the client chair just a little bit further before returning to his chair. After fixing up his bow tie with magic, Peachy deemed everything all set! Now all he has do is wait for costumers.

Rules:

-Each portait will be drawn in the order of the slots from first to last.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

132824087862copy_zps374963f5.jpg

Joe came out from the back room of his shop, a tray of glazed donuts moving before him in a magic aura. He set down the tray and began to move the sugary sweet confections into place inside a glass case. He made sure to place them with care as he was expecting quite a few customers on this particular day. It had not been too long ago that he had had the idea to give his shop a bit more 'classy' feel. He was in Canterlot after all!

No need to outdo things of course. Joe didn't want to loose any of his regulars based off a change in atmosphere. No, just little touch up here and there. A picture or two on the wall, some extra dusting of the window sills, and a few new donut recipe additions. That and asking ponies with a bit of talent to stop by added up to more than just your average cup of Joe!

Today portraits were being made in the shop. Joe watched as Peachy Keen set up his stand. Everything fit just fine and Joe was sure his donuts would sell while ponies waited in line for portraits. He hoped they would feel free to pull up a chair, have and coffee and a donut, and relax.

The unicorn looked through his donut display and nodded to himself. Glazed, sugared, maple, chocolate, rainbow sprinkles, toffee, ursa major claws, apple pull aparts, every kind of donut a pony could ask for. Joe had tried to cover all his bases for this day! He looked over to Keen and spoke up.

"How is everything coming along Keen? Ready to open up shop for the afternoon?" Joe had flipped the sign on the door to 'closed' for about an hour to give time for himself and Peachy to set up for the afternoon crowd. "Say the word and I'll open 'er up!"

"Say the word and I'll open 'er up!"

Peachy was readjusting the sign for the third time when he heard Joe's voice. He glanced at his fellow unicorn and nodded with a grin. "Why yes, I believe it's time we get things going along here." He chuckled as a pink aura of magic surrounded the canvas, pulling it just a bit closer. "I'll be refining this confounded stand for days unless we get started now." After everything passed the perfection test, for the time being, he tipped his hat to Joe.

"Again, you have my gratitude."

kzkl.jpg

One of the first ponies to enter the donut shop was a young unicorn stallion who cheerfully made his way towards the open doorway. He had an entire day planned and a stop over at Canterlot's beloved palace of fried dough confectioneries was just the way to start it off! After loading himself up with enough sugar to give him diabetes ten times over, he had planned on taking a visit to an hobby shop called 'Heroes and Ogres', and maybe after that, he could start a grand quest to fetch his super-sweet-snuggle-wuggle-most-favorite-of-all- schnoodle-dumplin-mares, Moondancer a clever gift from one of the local gift shops. What would he get her? As he made his way towards the counter, he noticed a particularly pink pony named Peachy participating in processing pony portraits! Maybe a picture would be a nice little gift to give his shmoopy-whoopy, but first he needed coffee and a tasty donut!

"Hello my good stallion!", the unicorn greeted his fellow unicorn with a bow, "I'd like an Grande Creme Frappuccino. Full milk. Three pumps of caramel syrup. Three pumps of toffee nut syrup. And please top if off with an caramel drizzle. As for a donut..", he glanced over at the trays for a brief moment, "I'll take one with the cheesecake icing and raspberry dust, and a glazed. Should be fine." The unicorn's horn lit up with an emerald glow as his telekinesis liberated the necessary bits from an unseen wallet or pocket. As he waited for his drink and donut, he made sure to toss out his name to the portrait maker.

(This bit will happen after Meridian asks for a portrait so everything in in order)

"Please add me to your list. The name is Pocket Change!"

(I'm good with Pocket Change being on the list before Meridian if you guys are fine with that ;))

meridiancopy_zps2f69ae94.jpg

The green earth pony sighed as she walked inside and set her saddle bags down by an empty table. The journey into Canterlot had been a long one. Meridian had camped out overnight in the Solstice Heights before making her way into the gleaming city. The trip from Fet Loch was a little much for her to try to complete in one day. That suited her just fine, she had been looking for an excuse to camp out anyway. The night had left her looking a little scruffy, but living life as a mountaineering guide did that to her anyway. She was used to having strands of mane out of place and a little dirt rubbed into her coat here and there.

"Och, looks like a gran' ol' place 'er so it does..." She muttered to herself with a smile as she looked about Pony Joe's. Her stomach rumbled audibly as she made her way to the counter. The unicorn in front of her had just ordered enough sugar to lay a pony like Meridian low. She had to smile. Some ponies were just really talented at holding their sugar. When it was her turn she thought for a bit longer before asking for her snack.

"Good day teh you sir! I'd like one of those fine lookin' bran muffins you've got over there an' a big mug o' pipin' 'ot tea if'n yeh don't mind?"

Once she had her snack, Meridian made her way towards her seat, but stopped short when she saw a pink pony and his portrait booth. She hadn't had a picture of herself in a long time and thought perhaps her parents might like one to display in the their farm house in Fet Loch.

"Och, this looks rather entertainin' sir. Would yeh mind addin' me onteh yer list eh?"

"Hello my good stallion!"

"Hello! I'll have that drink right out to you! As for your donuts," As he spoke he used his magic to bag the requested treats and send them Pocket Change's way. "Here you go!" The sweet smell of raspberry and sugar wafted out of the bag as it was set before Pocket Change. "I hope you like them. Made fresh by me!"

He decided to take the order of the pretty green mare as well before setting to the task of the drink orders. It didn't take too long before both ponies had their requested drinks in hoof.

(That would've been fine but I'm already almost finished drawing Meridian so I'll go ahead and stick with the original pattern. :))

Peachy wore a smirk on his face as he watched the white unicorn make a rather hefty order of sweets at the counter. He's had days like that himself. At times he was shocked by how much could fit in his belly. Cravings are a powerful thing after all. Speaking of which, hearing the unicorn's long list of sugary goodness sent his stomach into a tizzy.

Peachy inspected the unicorn's cutie mark for a moment. Two bits in a coin. He took a second to try and figure out what his special talent might be. Maybe he's good at making money? Does he have a lot of two cents, perhaps?

Peachy was pulled from his thoughts as another pony walked through the door. She was a green earth pony with a bit of a messy mane and some dirt in her coat. He couldn't dream of leaving himself disheveled at all, but on this pretty mare is was quite charming.

As she placed her order, Peachy glanced at her cutie mark. A pink heart sporting three green mountain peaks with dark green wings on each side of the heart. Interesting. A mountain climber maybe? That explains her lightly rugged appearance.

After ordering her snack, she seemed to be heading for a seat, but stopped as she noticed his stand. Peachy instinctively tipped his hat upon eye contact before she spoke.

"Och, this looks rather entertainin' sir. Would yeh mind addin' me onteh yer list eh?"

"Not at all, love. In fact, you're my first costumer so we can get started on your portrait the moment you're ready." He gestured towards the client chair, which was pushed in front of a small table. "If you like, you can eat here while I get started. And no need to keep still, all I need are a few glimpses here and there of your lovely features." He ended his sentence with a playful wink.

His ear twitched as a new voice reach his ears. It was the white unicorn who came in before her.

"Please add me to your list. The name is Pocket Change!"

Peachy grinned as he levitated his quill and put it to paper, mumbling the name at the same pace he spelled it. " Alright...P o c k e t C h a n g e." He glanced up at Pocket Change, resisting the urge to correct his writing. "You've been added! I'll call your name when you're up next."

He turned his gaze back to the green mare. "Speaking of names, I'm curtain I haven't gotten yours yet, miss...?"

8551964415_94230e5678_o.jpg

Fuchsia Blooms decided to take a different path to the flower shop today. She had been up late with her orchids, and needed a pick me up, so a stop at Pony Joe's Donut Shop was in order. Walking in the door, she noticed that there was a unicorn sitting behind an easel, with a sign reading Peachy's Portraits next to him.

"Ooh, that sounds like it would be fun to sit for a portrait, but I just don't have the time today. Darn"

Fuchsia stepped up to the counter and placed her order. "Double shot espresso macchiato please, Joe. And give me a maple glazed for here, and a mixed dozen to go." She did not plan to eat thirteen donuts by herself, well, not all of them anyway. It was nice to have little treats to give the delivery ponies, and Pony Joe's donuts were some of the best in Canterlot.

After paying for her order, she took her coffee and donut over to a table nearish where the artist in residence was working. She watched him start sketching a pretty, if a little disheveled green mare. Fuchsia liked watching other artists ply their trade, be they painters, musicians, fashion designers, or gardeners like herself.

Turning to look around the shop, she saw another unicorn stallion, enjoying a donut and fancy coffee drink, with a familiar faraway look in his eyes. Fuchsia Blooms knew the look of one in love, she saw it lots of times on the faces of her customers. Smiling a little to herself, she pulled a small bundle of tea roses from her basket, and with a bit of ribbon fashioned them into a small nosegay. She attached a little note to the ribbon, "For Your Special Somepony" and floated it over to Pocket Change's table with a touch of magic. Her shop's address was on the other side of the note, so he might stop by and get a larger bouquet later if he liked.

Meridian was happy to take a seat, much her bran muffin, and let Peachy Keen apply his skill. The green mare watched contently as he readied the parchment. The sweetness of the muffin made her smile a little and she took a sip from her tea. All in all this was turning out to be a lovely visit to the donut shop.

"Speaking of names, I'm curtain I haven't gotten yours yet, miss...?"

The mare smiled again and swallowed her bite.

"Och, me name's Meridian but feel free teh call me Mery. Most ponies do ye kin?" Her thick Fet Loch accent sounded a bit odd against all the ponies from Canterlot. She didn't mind. Mery was used to standing out.

"An' I see from yer sign yer name's, Peachy was it?" She raised her eyebrows, wondering if she was correct on her name wager. "Thank ye for takin' the time teh make my portrait good sir."

kzkl.jpg

The unicorn closed his eyes briefly as he took in the wonderful scent only freshly made donuts could provide. After paying for his breakfast, he added, "This all looks and smells absolutely wonderful. Major kudos to you for making these ." as he spoke, he casually let his natural unicorn magic carry away his new treats. Thankfully, it was still rather early in the morning, so it only took him him a moment before spotting a suitable seat near a window. As he did, he couldn't help but grin even further as it looked like this was going to be a wonderful way to start the day. A nice pair of donuts which should keep him going till lunch, and a nice portrait he could give as a gift. What else could he get his special some-pony.

Pocket Change's last question was answered rather quickly as a small bundle of tea roses made its away over to his table, compliments from a rather lovely young mare who was sitting not that far from his very own table. Curious, he glanced down at the note and decided he would pay a visit to this shop. While visions of him sending bundle after bundle of beautiful flowers to his most favorite of mares did float around in his mind for a moment, he realized this would be a bit too much for both his wallet and Moondancer. She was a practical girl, so one bundle would be more than enough, but he couldn't be rude and just take the flowers. Maybe he could get some plants for the flat. While his sister had always wanted to keep a few plants around the place, she had a bad habit of sending her plants to an early grave. Maybe something simple would do? Snake Plants were hard to kill, as were Crotons and Ponytail Palms!

That settled it, once he was done with breakfast, and his portrait was taken care of, he would hoof it to the mare's place of business and purchase some flora! Not wanting to be rude, he turned his full attention to Fuchsia Blooms and added, "Thank you for these flowers Miss! I will be sure to follow you to your shop once we're finished here."

pony9.jpg

After the awards ceremony Cashmere decided that he wanted to spend the rest of the week in Canterlot, his medal tucked away for now, he just had to visit Joe's doughnut shop though! It was always a favorite of his when he was a colt, and even now...but it had been a while so he doubted Joe remembered the young purple maned colt that came in on the rare blue moon..though when he came in he stared a moment, eyes laying on the most handsome stallion he had ever seen! The peachy tones to his coat, those sharp eyes..Oooh my..

Cashmere took a second to fix his mane in the window before walking over to him "May I sign up for a portrait as well?" He asked, smiling slightly, before glancing over at Joe's menu "Oooh how am I going to choose? He's always got so many wonderful things..."

Crystal Snowflake gave a sigh as she walked down the streets of Canterlot. She had been there for a week on business, attending high class social events, keeping company with potential new clients and just generally acting as the face NSI needed. She had to, It was becoming ever the more clear that her foolish daughter was steadily losing her grip on rational thought and most of the rest of the board understood business a lot more than they understood class. It was her role in the company to make the deals that truly mattered, even if she was the only one who saw it. Business at its core was a game of the elite--of currying favor with those you need to impress as you take in the latest production of the Canterlot Grand Opera, or over a five course meal at the fanciest restaurants in town--and her little Snowfall and the others were just being fools not to see it.

She wasn't the sort to waste so much time and breath on it, however. Snowfall's mistakes were hers to make after all. No, she could rest well just with the confidence that she was doing her part as well as ever. Yes, it had been a successful trip. She had made some valuable connections she was positive would help out some big deals in the near future. As it were, however, the trip was now at its end. The airship back to Stalliongrad would be leaving later that evening. That was still hours away though, and as it were she found herself without a good means to utilizing the time she had until then. Her schedule had been completely full with private functions, lavish meals and shows for the entire week until now. It kind of empty feeling she was left with as she found herself drifting along in the city she had once been obsessed with, not really sure what she was doing.

A faint smell of coffee then reached her. She recoiled slightly and shook her head. She hated coffee; it was common and bitter. There was however something nostalgic in the aroma. It took her back to Cloudsdale, to the pot of coffee kept at hoof's reach to her father's writing desk as he worked into the wee morning hours. Crystal looked up to find the source of the smell and discovered a quaint little donut shop. Sure enough, the coffee scent was accompanied by a sweet smell like one might associate with fresh baked goods.

Normally, Crystal Snowflake, Stalliongrad socialite, would not even think to be seen entering such a common place. it seemed a bad joke. As it were, there were times where even she lost control of her good judgement. Maybe it was nostalgia brought on by the coffee, maybe it was just the fact that after six days of the most lavish and luxurious food that could be found in Canterlot, something as simple as a donut held a certain appeal to it. Either way, she couldn't help herself. She started toward, the shop and then walked right in.

The inside was about what she'd expect. Simple. It was perhaps cleaner than she might have thought, properly dusted and all. Otherwise, there wasn't so much to make it stand out save a few pleasantly paintings on the walls. It was definitely a reminder that there was more to Canterlot than just what her associates in town had to show her. It was kind of odd, and Crystal wondered if she wasn't out of place there. She was wearing a violet designer gown--not one of her bests, but still a sign of high class-- as well as one of her favorite stylish hats and her fifth favorite diamond necklace. She supposed it was too late to turn around now, however. It probably wasn't unheard of that a shop, even one such as this, in a city like Canterlot might serve upper-class clientèle anyway.

Whatever the case, she approached the counter and after looking at the donuts for a while she nodded. "I believe I shall partake today in an éclair," she said in a steady voice. She then spotted something else that looked good. "Ooh, and one of these strawberry cake donuts with sprinkles..." she added, with falling enthusiasm as she realized how it sounded for her to want such a thing; she couldn't help it though; it looked rather like her favorites at the donut shop back in Cloudsdale when she was a child. "And a glass of water to go with it, please."

After making her order, she stepped back. She noticed then that shop was fairly busy. Looking around a little more, she found a sign reading "Peachy's Portraits." How curious...

"Oh, you have an in-house artist on staff...?" she asked the vendor, genuinely surprised. Was this a common thing in donut shops these days? She didn't genuinely know. Perhaps it was here in Canterlot. "Is it his work up on your walls?" she said, nodding toward the paintings.

1ktwo.jpg

Ah, liberty: where for a day or so, PFC Flash Sentry had the freedom to wander around Canterlot as he pleased. As he was off-duty, the stallion wore the dark green jacket, peaked cap, and tie that constituted the Royal Guard’s service dress. Not as time-honored as the classic golden armor, but easier to get around town in most respects.

Flash Sentry planned on visiting his usual “hiding holes” in Canterlot before he needed to report back to the barracks. First stop: his favorite local donut shop. A trip to Pony Joe’s always worked its magic on the guard pony, whether he was busy on watch or not. As usual, Flash walked into the shop... only to find that today, an artist set up shop there. Huh, he didn’t know Joe allowed artists to do their work in here.

One of the patrons, an older looking pegasus lady, seemed to think the same thing. Curious, Flash stood close off to the side as the vendor prepared an answer to the old mare.

"Och, me name's Meridian but feel free teh call me Mery. Most ponies do ye kin?

Peachy nodded as he levitated his paintbrush, leaving strokes across the canvas. "Alright then, my dear. Mery it is."

"An' I see from yer sign yer name's, Peachy was it? "Thank ye for takin' the time teh make my portrait good sir."

He chuckled, not taking his eyes off the painting. "My pleasure, Miss Mery."

Peachy glanced back and forth from the canvas to Mery as he painted. After working on it for some time, he took great focus on the last few brush strokes. And when he felt it was complete, he leaned back from the painting with a smile.

"And done!"

Peachy turned the canvas around for her to see.

meridianfinalizedresize_zpsfcb213b5.png

"I do hope you like it."

He added mountain peaks in the reflection of her eyes since, after getting a glimpse of her cutie mark, he assumed she must enjoy climbing mountains. Hopefully the green mare will appreciate the addition.

During his exchange with Mery, Peachy glanced at Pocket Change to see a lovely unicorn mare levitating a small flower bouquet over to him. Peachy almost suspected her of being Pocket Change's very special somepony before the his response dismissed the assumption.

"Thank you for these flowers Miss! I will be sure to follow you to your shop once we're finished here."

Peachy lifted a hoof near his mouth to call out to him. "Pocket Change, you're up next!"

Just then, another unicorn with a dazzling shade of purple in his mane approached him. "May I sign up for a portrait as well?" He asked with a modest smile.

Peachy replied with a dashing grin. "Indeed you may."

The purple maned stallion glanced at Joe's menu. "Oooh how am I going to choose? He's always got so many wonderful things..."

Peachy followed his gaze to the menu and chuckled. "You're right. It's certainly a challenge to make a decision here." He levitated his quill but paused before it hit the paper, letting out another small laugh. "I suppose I need your name first."

Peachy's eyes focused behind the stallion to see a couple of interesting newcomers standing in the same proximity as Joe. The first pony he noticed was an older mare with a fantastic sense of fashion. Her dress was gorgeous, and just look at that hat! There was also a guardspony stallion with a royal guard service outfit. It seemed the older mare was talking to Joe, but Peachy could only hear every other word at the moment. He couldn't help but hope they might consider signing up for a portrait.

Canterlot; one of the most cultured and artistically inclined cities in Equestria. It was the perfect place for an aspiring artist such as Presteza to make herself at home and immerse herself in her craft. Having taken residence at one of the city's less expensive inns for the time being, she was ready to sample every little thing Canterlot had to offer. Not soon after she left the inn for the first time she she collide with somepony familiar... and not just somepony she'd met a couple months ago in some random town; it was her own mother! Before she knew it she'd been talked into letting her mother be her guide through Canterlot. Eventually after showing her daughter many of the fantastic sights of Canterlot and giving several long explanations about the history behind them they soon were interrupted by the sound of growling stomachs.

VdxHNYE.jpg

The lovely smell of Pony Joe's hard work could be smelled by anyone who passed by as the potent and deliscious scent of his confections filled the street outside his shop anytime the door opened. It didn't take long for the tannish unicorn to sniff out the Donut shops location with her sense of smell, the potent and delicious aroma helped too, as it practically begged ponies to come seek out it's source, "I think this is the place ya mentioned right?" asked the mare before casually walking in to the store. This was incredible!After having just entering the store she already saw a pair of faces she recognized; Pocket Change and Flash Sentry. Presteza's history with the young private was interesting to say the least. During the changeling invasion during nightmare night she'd talked to him a couple times during the fake rainbow dash's obstacle course. The other time she met him was at a book signing in Ponyville where none other than A.K. Yearling Herself was meeting her fans. When she'd seen Flash then she'd managed to charm a certain artifact off of him that Miss Yearling obviously had no interest in; an artifact that was actually in her saddlebag in one of it's deeper pockets.

Figuring it'd be nice to say hi to someone she knew and even introduce some of her friends to her mother since she had insisted on getting more involved in her little girl's life. At first she intended to say hello to Pocket Change up close, but seeing he had recently been given some flowers by some mare at another table she figured it'd be best she just gave him a wave from a distance. She didn't want to interrupt a chat with another pony... and those flowers on the table didn't bode well for her if she got too close either.

Setting her sights on the guard-pony who for the time being seemed to be talking to nopony she spoke up and approached him, "Heya, Private! Nice ta see ya again!" she said enthusiatically before calling over to Belle as she was browsing the selection, "Mum! This is my good friend, Flash Sentry. Come n' say hello!"

jz52ugu.jpg

Silver Belle was wearing a less elaborate cloak then she usually did, She had forsaken her typical expensive looking and elaborate cloak for a more average looking cloak that while simple looking could had the mark of quality that almost anypony could notice. She couldn't help but chuckle as her daughter lead her to the Donut shop she had mentioned to her, having remembered her daughter's love of sweets. Soon her daughter managed to sniff the shop out and the two would be having something to eat in no time. "Indeed it is! Good work, Tizzy! I swear you've got the nose of a bloodhound!" Presteza had seemingly grown numb to that nickname at this point.

As Presteza looked around the shop, checking out the familiar faces, her mother couldn't help but do the same, Belle didn't have as as much luck as her little girl though as she saw only one face that was familiar. "Miss Snowflake!", she started before approaching the stalliongrad socialite "It's been far too long. How have you been?" While she waited for the light blue mare's answer she glanced at the selection until her daughter called to her." Oh, I'll be there in a moment!" she replied before looking back to Crystal, "Would you care to meet my daughter? It seems she's calling me."

Joe was happy to see so many ponies in his shop! This was going to be a good day for business! The unicorn trotted to the back and brought out a fresh tray of donuts. Their sugary sweet smell wafted through the donut shop, hopefully calling a few ponies up to make an order...

"And done!"

Meridian took a look at the portrait with a broad smile growing over her muzzle. She couldn't believe how quickly Peachy had managed to make such a nice drawing! She moved up closer, studying the details.

"Och! I love it! Thank ye very much my friend! Tis a lovely portrait. You even got the mountains in me eyes."

As Peachy called the next participant to sit down, Meridian stood and moved a littler closer to the pink unicorn.

"Would ye mind if'n I watched while you make the next one?"

8551964415_94230e5678_o.jpg

Fuchsia finished the last bite of her maple glazed delight, and washed it down with a final swallow of her coffee. She smiled as the unicorn stallion noticed the small bouquet, read the note, and looked up at her.

"Thank you for these flowers Miss! I will be sure to follow you to your shop once we're finished here."

"You're welcome! I hope your sweetie likes them."

Just then, the artist called out "Pocket Change, you're up next!"

"You take your time here, hon. I've got to get going, I'm running late as it is. My shop, The Green Hoof, is only a few blocks down and a couple streets over from here. I will see you there later?"

The donut shop was starting to fill up with more patrons, so Fuchsia took her box of confections, and excused herself through the crowd to the door.

Tacobob - I did have an RP thread for the flower shop, but it is dead and buried somewhere. Let's just assume that eventually Pocket Change made his way there, and found some nice flowers or potted plants to take home with him.

"Would ye mind if'n I watched while you make the next one?"

Peachy looked pleasantly surprised by Mery's question. "No, love. Not at all. I'm quite flattered actually." He tipped his hat. "And I'm glade you like the portrait."

He turned back to the purple maned unicorn and took a quick gander at his cutie mark. A needle and thread, huh? A delighted smile appeared on his face. "Are you by any chance, a tailor? I'd love to see your work sometime."

Pony Joe caught his eye as he went into the back. It seemed the elegant blue pegasus he noticed earlier was trying to get his attention. Peachy thought he should help her out a bit. When Joe exited the back with a tray of donuts, Peachy waved his hoof at him before nodding towards the well dressed mare with a jesting grin. "I believe she wants to speak with you."

dzpMPU3.png

I apology for any misbehavior on Punk's behalf

Punk was bored! Not that it was something abnormal for him but he had finally got some time off outside the castle and that made boredom unacceptable! Somehow laying on the roof of a shop watching ponies trot below didn't quite satisfy his urge for action. He took off his cap, stroke his mane and gazed up towards the castle through the bright sunlight. Punk had plenty of time before anypony would acknowledge his absence. They thought that he was sleeping off the unpleasant night shift from yesterday. Though they didn't know that Punk got plenty of sleep that night. A secret he intended to keep.

Punk glanced down to the road again and saw a lot of ponies enter the shop below him. A curiousness settled upon his mind when he noticed the unmistakable green jacket of the royal guards. A jacket, cape and tie of which he actually was currently wearing himself just in case somepony would recognize him from the castle. He decided to leave his comfortable chimney to lend the shop some of his attention for a while. Punk executed three sharp flaps with his wings and he took air for some seconds to land with a swirl of dust outside the shop. Some sweeps on his jacket made most of the dust fall off and he entered the shop to see what was up in there.

"DO NUT FEAR, CITIZENS OF CANTERLOT! BEHOLD! PUNK HATH ARRIVED TO SAVE THEE FROM THE VICIOUS AND UNHEALTHY TREATS! CLEAR THE WAY!" Punk shouted with his best hero-voice as he burst into the shop. He trotted towards the desk with a wide, mischievous smile on his face. He smiled at the other guard and gave him a salute as he walked. It was Flash Sentry whom he had seen around the castle many times and they had even both taken part in watching over some foals during their trip. Punk pondered whether Flash remembered that or not. He arrived at the desk and gave the owner a friendly smile. "Hey there, pal! I would like two pieces of that pumpkin cake, five of those pumpkin muffins along with a big glass of pumpkin juice, if that ain't too much of a problem." Punk shuffled around in his pockets and brought up the amount of bits needed to pay for the party. "You better prepare some room for me in that little clique of yours, Flashy, 'cause I'll be with you in a second!" He shouted to Flash Sentry as he laid out bits on the desk for Joe.

He thanked for the goods and trotted up to Flash and current his associate. Punk placed the plate of treats on nearby table and gave Flash a firm but friendly bump in the back with his hoof. "Hey there, Pal! Cozy finding you here!" His smile grew wider as his eyes flickered to the mare that he was with. "I got to say that it's a lovely mare you've found yourself.", he said and bumped Flash's back once more, "And here was I was, almost starting to think that you weren't into mares. Congratulations!" Punk was of course simply guessing but he figured that a fun reaction would come out either way.

Punk noticed the artist stand for the first time and he could hardly withhold a gasp as he read out "Peachy's Portraits". Could he finally have a portrait of himself?! That's awesome! "Hey! Make sure to put me somewhere on that list!" He shouted.

The ever fidgety pony, Javasun, trotted down the streets. His coat disheveled as it usually is in the middle of his week long “day.” His mane looked as if it belongs on a mad scientist. And yet there easily appears to be attempts made to make his fur more presentable, but all failing as each passing day goes on. A dark gold sigma easily visible on his flank like many other ponies. To him, his day had already begun right after pulling an all nighter and getting his work down incredibly early, and leave like wise as well.

Not having the chance to go home just yet, he was wearing everything he usually has on for work. The professionally pressed (possibly the only neat thing in his outer appearance) waist coat he wore that seems largely different in both materials, and make than most. The materials seemed to be cheap swap out from the classic, yet the vest in whole vest could easily be quite expensive. Canvas saddle bags stuffed till it was overflowing with wires, gears, planks of wood, stains, cardboard tubes, pipes, nails, screws, bolts and even glass from his recent shopping spree. All for his next project.

But after such a long night, the pony did notice one thing after lifting up his hoof to eye level. The energetic jittering that he had grown so used to was slowly fading out. Alarmed, but not at all worried. In fact, he almost seemed quite happy as it meant it was time for refueling. And by refueling, inhaling a massive amount of the sweet nector, coffee. And to make it all the more convenient, his favorite stop for coffee just happened to be on his left.

With a gleeful scuffle of his hooves, the pony had darted through the doors of the coffee shop, and called out to Joe with a large smile. “Hey there Joe,” He greeted him like old friends with each word uttered out clearly but with a bizarre speed. The pony's shaky hoof had already slid out an exact amount of bits onto the counter for the owner to take. “I'd like the usual full pot of piping hot, hard black coffee brew please! Or do you have a house special again? Oh and a half a dozen glazed! Gots a night of bolts and nuts, tightin bits ahead of me with a score of projects in a hole in the flooring.” Oddly enough, the pony already smells heavily of coffee well before being served any.

Java's head was quick to snap around, looking to the other ponies in the room. His mane tossing about as he did so with such force. "Well I don't recall seeing this place as filled up as this! Oh! A resident artist! Wait... waitwaitwaitwait..." he spoke once more, again just as fast as before. His eyes squinting as he dipped his head forward to peer across the crowd to see who it was. His eyes then lit up widely as his front hooves now just seemed to... bounce. Either he read the sign, or he has heard of the stallion, the world will never know."Ah Peachy, eh?!"

kzkl.jpg

"You're welcome! I hope your sweetie likes them."

Considering that all of the plant life that existed in his apartment were made of either silk or plastic, the unicorn had nearly forgotten the smell of real flowers. "Oh right, the 'Green Hoof', I believe that I may have passed your store from time to time.", he paused to picture a map of the area in his mind as the wonderful flower's fragrance slowly worked its ways through the pony's snout and nose. The mare's store wasn't that far from the hobby shop. So his mind was fully made up! After stopping and snatching up his needed rulebooks and modules, he would make sure to visit the very pretty and most kind Fuchsia Blooms and her store. "Right then. Once I'm finished with one shop, I will pop over to yours. Snatch up a few more of these roses, and maybe an few Equestria Beauties and then a plant that even my sister is capable of taking care of. Something to replace our poor departed 'Chuck' the plant."

Peachy lifted a hoof near his mouth to call out to him. "Pocket Change, you're up next!"

The stallion's right ear perked up as his name was called, "Oh. Guess it's my turn!", since he was down to just one half a donut, the unicorn quickly discarded his empty cup into a nearby trash receptacle, "Thank you once again, dear miss. I will see you soon.", he gave off one more smile before he made his way towards the portrait maker with his nearly finished donut in tow. As he made his way through the donut shop, he noticed one of his newer members of his magic guild, Prestez with an older mare. While he wanted to sit down and have a chat with the brave little unicorn mare, Pocket Change did wish to get this portrait of his stared on first, so he simply bowed his head politely as he passed the pretty-painter-pony, "Good morning", he added briefly.

He also noticed a somewhat familiar looking stallion. Pocket knew right away that it was one of Fire Walker's brothers, but which one? Once the Walker opened his mouth, he knew exactly who it was. Punk Walker. The pestiferous one. As he cantered on, he prayed silently that this wasn't the Walker brother who had the somewhat disastrous date with his sister.

Once he safely made his way to the Peachy-portrait-pony, Pocket Change smiled, "I'm here! Just tell me what to do."

The Hobby Shop RP:

http://www.canterlot...canterlot-open/

Punk Walker's request to sign up will take place after Crystal Snowflake, Flash Sentry, and Dunder Blust have done so to match the order of the list. :)

His eyes widened in surprise as a new pony made a dramatic entrance.

"DO NUT FEAR, CITIZENS OF CANTERLOT! BEHOLD! PUNK HATH ARRIVED TO SAVE THEE FROM THE VICIOUS AND UNHEALTHY TREATS! CLEAR THE WAY!"

Peachy couldn't take his eyes off him after such a display. What an interesting character he was. The newcomer's voice was swallowed up by the crowd as he made an order, but Peachy took a quick look at his cutie mark. A pumpkin with a bite taken out of it? His special talent couldn't possibly be eating pumpkins... could it?

While watching the spirited Pegasus trot about the shop making conversation with others, Peachy had a lingering grin of amusement on his face. This pony had no shortage of confidence, did he? It would surely be an interesting time having a chat with the fellow.

Just then a brown earth pony entered the shop with quite a messy mane. Far more disheveled than miss Mery. The sight of it made Peachy instinctively brush his hooves through his own mane to check for anything out of place.

He found himself inspecting the newcomer's cutie mark as well. It was some sort of mathematical symbol he would guess. He certainly wasn't the best at math. Perhaps this new pony was a mathematician.

After a little while, the earth pony seemed to peer in his direction and say something, but Peachy didn't quite catch his words. Nonetheless, he tipped his hat upon eye contact and winked.

Pocket Change approached him with a half eaten donut in tow. "I'm here! Just tell me what to do."

Peachy greeted Pocket Change with a quick tip of the hat. "Ah yes, just take a seat right over there, please." He said, nodding to the client table.

Once Pocket Change sat at the table, Peachy levitated his paintbrush up to the canvas and prepared the necessary colors before getting to work. Peachy's goal was to capture the personality of his clients, so he decided to center the image around Pocket Change eating his donut.

After some time had passed, Peachy made a few finishing touches before inspecting the portrait with a nod. "I think that's about finished now." With a smile, he turned the painting around to for Pocket Change to see.

changefinishedresize_zps6803a6eb.png

"And here it is! I do hope you like it."

1ktwo.jpg

As Flash Sentry found out in the span of minute, the world’s a pretty small place. The uniformed stallion was just prepared to make his way to the front counter when the voice of a familiar acquaintance shouted from the entry. It was Punk Walker, a joker of a character who managed to get into the Royal Guard. Sentry and Walker did not run into each other frequently; the orange pegasus bonded the most with the dedicated soldier Radiant Steel, somepony who wouldn’t mesh with the undisciplined Punk at all. But aside from his fundamental disregard for the rules, Punk Walker was a good guy underneath, ensuring that Flash saw the other as someone to exchange pleasantries and jokes with every once in a while.

Right as Punk Walker waltzed his way to give his order, another voice called out to Flash Sentry. This perky voice belonged to Presteza, an agreeable young mare Flash met two times before. Presteza this time wore a snazzy travelling jacket and saddlebags, giving Flash the impression of her as an adventurer to exotic lands. Daresay she actually looked cute in that getup, although Flash attributed that to being a fan of adventuresome mare characters like Daring Do. “Nice seeing you too, Presteza,” Flash greeted back, even as Punk Walker’s voice boomed; “Sorry we couldn’t talk more last time.”

While the young mare fetched her mother to bring her on over, Punk Walker finally came up to “congratulate” Flash for his latest catch. Holding back a wince for each time Punk patted him, PFC Sentry’s face failed to hide confusion over how to respond. The obvious thing to do was vehemently deny anything romantic between himself and Presteza, although Flash also didn’t want to risk the chance of Punk bombarding his female acquaintance with jesting flirtations. So our stallion instead took the REA-honored route of neither confirming or denying anything, and he mustered an evasive smile Punk’s way; “Uhhh, nice seeing you around Punk? You’ve been staying out of trouble?” As if Flash really needed to ask that question when he already knew the answer.....

pony9.jpg

"It's Cashmere " He said and nodded "Cashmere Needle if we need to be proper.." And Cashmere was so into being proper...when Punk Walker's voice hit his ears He cringed, pinning them down a bit in irritation and sighing, "Confident isn't he?" he asked Peachy, giving him a soft smile, before going to Doughtnut Joe's Counter to place an order, nothing over the top really.. but he was treating himself today!

"Excuse me Mr Joe! Might I have one of the lemon filled powdered doughnuts, One of the Bavarian cream filled ones, and a large cup of your finest brew please? For here would be perfect" Cashmere called, wanting to be polite and not butt into the other ponies conversations.

The pony did seem a bit disappointed that he wasn’t quite comprehended. But he had grown all to use of it to not make a fuss of it. His eyes then drifted up to the sign to study it’s secret message. Once read, he took off. Java was rather quick with his movements after taking a moment to read the sign over head. He was practically a blur, even when he was only mentally walking up to the counter to sign himself up for a portrait by the resident artist. “Suppose I should go ahead and sign myself up, yes,” he commented briskly to himself, before darting back to his seat, to recollect his coffee, then back once more to stand behind the artist and watch him work.

It was most definitely a skill he wished he had when he created his own designs and schematics. A graceful control over any medium, and possibly a horn to keep the ever so bitter taste of wood and charcoal out of his jaws. “Quite Jealous if I do say so…” the energetic pony hummed to Peachy. The steaming hot beverage was quickly lifted up to his jaws for a sip and lowered back. “When did you find this talent, if I may?”

PeachyBanner_zps681adafc.png

JavaSun's sign up will take place after everyone else since he's last on the list. :)

After his exchange with Pocket Change, Peachy glanced through his sign up list to see who was next.

"Alright, Cashmere Needle." He mumbled to himself before scanning the shop for the purple maned unicorn. Once he caught him in his sights, Peachy lifted a hoof to his mouth and shouted.

"Cashmere Needle, you're up!"

A strong coffee aroma drifted into Peachy's nose as the messy maned earth pony from earlier approached with a cup of coffee in his hoof. Peachy was feeling rather flattered at this point. This is the second pony who wanted to watch him work.

“Quite Jealous if I do say so... When did you find this talent, if I may? The earth pony asked.

Peachy's lips pulled back into a smile upon hearing the sentence. He adored such questions. Before replying, he levitated the paintbrush and began rinsing it in a tray of water.

"I've always loved to paint. And being raised in an art shop left me with no shortage of supplies. I earned my cutie mark when I was painting portraits for ponies much like today. You see, I wanted this particular hat and, seeing as how my parents always bought me whatever I wanted, my grandma decided I should earn something myself for once." Peachy shrugged. "By the time I made enough to buy the hat, It hardly mattered anymore. In the end, I enjoyed making those bits far more than spending them."

Peachy gave a slight nod to the earth pony with a friendly grin. "So what about you? What would be your special talent, my good stallion? And how did you come to find it?"

Archived