The Watering Hole (Open- Read Rules at Bottom)

SteelEagle

Frdnlm6.png

Well that had gone from interesting to boring in two seconds flat.

Was she even talking? Maybe the buzzing in his ears was beginning to drown out so much sound that Inkbrand couldn't even focus on the pretty unicorn anymore - although, he was fairly sure that wasn't the case, as the chatter and general noise from the pub continued filtering all around him. The grey stallion shook his head harshly, peering into his mug as if it were the problem for sudden hearing loss. Or, not hearing loss. Whichever. Bottom line, Inkbrand was fairly sure he was still seated at the bar and staring rather blankly at the unicorn, who may or may not have suddenly gone mute.

And, which led Inkbrand to realize it was getting rather difficult to think, which usually meant…hmmm…

"I'm, drunk," the tattoo-clad stallion proclaimed, the correct words reaching him after a long moment of pondering. Very, very carefully, Inkbrand slid down from his stool, balancing a moment to make sure the world didn't attempt to slip from under his hooves like it was wont to do whenever he got salted up, and turned his muzzle in Sun Drop's general direction, peering blearily at the unicorn. "And you too, girl - yer drunk, okay? You should take it easy."

Sage advice given, Inkbrand found it within himself to give the mare a rather sloppy salute, an attempt at charm and swagger probably coming off more like a little foal flailing one limb through the air, but. Well, close enough. With all four hooves firmly planted on the ground, the grey stallion slowly weaved his way through the crowd, tail swinging idly from side to side as he stepped out of the doors, looked left and right, and picked one direction to head off into the night, the remnants of a love song floating hazily from his lips and into the open air.

[[ Exit ]]

kafyBGS.jpg

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dunder had to fight the urge to shove off and beat up whatever had boderline tackled him from the back. But the sound of Java's voice helped Dunder relax and let his judgement get better of his instincts. "Java? What the heck are you doing here? I thought you were too busy doing...whatever you do in Canterlot." Just the fact that a friend from so far away was there sobered Dunder up a little bit. And speaking of sobering up...

"My turn to order? Order more drinks?" He seemed to be getting more and more excited by the second. He looked at the bartender, "Just get me anything that tastes like some fruit or berry. That Apple stuff was good, but I want to see what else ya got." While he waited for the abrtender to go get the drinks, he turned back to Fire, "I'll pay you back, don't worry. I got paid recently. Probably more than a government salary anyway." He lifted the mug back to his mouth, getting the final drop that collected at the bottom out. "Maybe we could get some sangria from here, es bueno, la sangria! You order the Sangria and I'll pay, on our last date I'm pretty sure you paid for the food anyway."

Java quirked a brow to the question as he slumped in a seat. His arm still hugging onto Dunder, his hoof next to his cheek. It was mostly for support so he wouldn't collapse over. But also because it was a buddy buddy sort of thing to do in a bar. His body slowly quivering around like an unsteady peg as he formulated his response. His speech some how impeccable unslurred, but the lower note in his tone did show he was drunk.

“Well... last I checked I was able to go where I pleased. My hooves aren't chained to the floorboards! Pluuuuus, I tend to mark a day on my calender in the ides of the month, just for myself. To do what ever I please... and with what ever disgusting habit.”

The pony made a light hicuping noise that didn't quite strike a high pitch note, but nearly got there. The pony slowly leaned on the counter some. His head was swimming of course, but he was coherent enough to pick up what was going on in the background. Well, if he wanted to give Ole Mac a fair chance in heck, he'd have to do something drastic. And so he did, with liquid courage from cider booze, and a lethal starting drink.

Now, Java wasn't quite sure where he had learned this in his drunken stupor. But it some how came out like plain common to him. Perhaps all those times he'd spent with his friend here, allowed him to pick up a thing or two. But what ever the case was, he pulled dunder in close, and leaned on him. His head resting dizzily on his shoulder.

“La de casa sangria es muy bueno,” The pony chirped. His face then warping into a frown. He realized he's probably at his limit. A fancy drink did sounded nice, but he knew better. “No. Tengo celos, ambre. Yo no mas bebo.” But the pony then straightened his face up. A small blush coming over him when his sober mind began screaming at him for what he was about to do.

He leaned in a little closer, and tilted his head back so he could whisper something into Dunder's ear in the same language, though barely audible.

"PERO! Ustededs sabe~ Yo calor"

banner_bigmac_zpsc869acb6.png

The unexpected always seemed to happen to Big Mac. He never knew what to say or how to act in a random situation, by way of the fact that the ponies around him acted randomly. As much energy as the family had, Macintosh could at least predict their ceiling, their range of motion, and their care to mind the apple stallion's personal space when it mattered. Around strangers, he didn't feel near as comfortable, and his body language and lack display of proper emotion suffered. Fire Walker started to guess what his name was. He hoped so much that she would get it right. He very much disliked having to say his own name outloud in a public place. And when she finally got it right, his ears perked for a moment and he could finally show a small smile. "Eeyup." After a short burst of action between Dunder and Java, the mare then asked him if this was his pub. "Nope." What did she mean, 'your'? Was Macintosh the kind of stallion that looked like he drank socially every night, or was she asking if he owned it. He figured he was a fish out of water enough for it to be obvious, but maybe this was her first time at the Watering Hole, too.

And then it hit him. Dunder explained something about a past date with the mare they were next to. There it was again. Macintosh went ahead and assumed Dunder was the complicated coltfriend of this mare, a mare who very strongly held herself up and even paid for the drinks around her gathering. Macintosh was both impressed and intimidated. Should Dunder be still close with her, he would not want to instigate a challenge in what looked to be a friendly social gathering, but if he was a colt gone friend-zoned, what kept Macintosh from ending in the same state as Dunder? For a short moment, he pictured Dunder with a red pelt and orange mane.

And then words came across that sounded like they were in another language. And Macintosh didn't know how to respond, he had no idea what the words meant. Were they talking about him in front of him? And why was Java in on it? Java knows these ponies!? Macintosh slightly facehoofed at the thought that he felt so alone in a crowd for yet another time in this bar.

bigmacicon_zps7f2408f2.png

16lh8c4.jpg

Fire glanced at the strangely marked stallion as he hobbled towards the exit. He looked pretty rough, but appeared to be fully capable of leaving on his own account. She was rather surprised to see such a handsome pony leave by himself. Maybe there was somepony wanting for him? After Inkbrand left, the mare managed to overhear Dunder's order, which caused her to sigh, "How about this?", she glanced over at the bartender and pointed out a few things to toss in her shaker, "Some vodka, a bit of banana liqueur, some of that stuff in the black bottle, I can't pronounce it. Er, creme de cra....crème....er...Whatever it is, and toss a slice of banana as a garnish. And.", she couldn't help but bounce a little as two martini glasses were hoofed over to the pair.

"Check this out Dunders, a banana split martini!", through cartoon pony magic, the red Pegasus was somehow able to hold a martini glass.* Once her old friend managed to hold up his own glass, she gently tapped it, "Prost", she took a healthy sip from her glass before setting it down. As Dunder exchanged words with a stallion she was very sure she had seen before, the R.E.A guard turned her attention to the big guy.

"Is this your pub, Mister McIntosh?"

"Nope."

"Oh.", she took another sip from her glass. Fire Walker noticed all the ponies and griffons that she had known who owned taverns, were usually pretty hefty fellows. From her dear old friend Muggo' Ale in 'The Prancing Pony' at Fillydelphia, to a Diamond Dog named Ruff Rider who operated a nameless pub in the former mess hall in Dodge Junction. They were all rather big fellows, and Big Macintosh was probably the largest of them all. And while the handsome stallion wasn't the chattiest of characters in the pub, he was also the most sober. "Er, so Mister Macintosh.", she was currently failing at small-talk, but she still tried her best, "Feel rather rude for drinking right in front of you and all with my old pal Dunder here, so maybe I should get you a drink. They do have a nice selection of stouts. One in a green bottle caught her eye, "Snake Venom? What sort of name for a beer is that?"

"So, what will you be having?". Whatever the stallion ordered, she would also get.

* Don't ask.

• 4 weeks later...

Big Mac could only walk closer and sit next to the red mare as she said she would feel guilty for not sharing drinks. But when she asked what he would drink, he was puzzled with nothing really to say. He wasn't that much of a drinker, and apple cider was his primary drink. But it would seem too casual for what seemed to be creative drinking at this particular drinking discussion. So with an honesty and lack of knowledge he imposed, Big Macintosh just gave a shrug at the mare, the body language hopefully coming across that he didn't really care and that he appreciated a drink. But he could never find the words to say such a thing and feel confident he could deliver it without being interrupted of failing on his words.

Dunder gave Java a strange look after the stallion spoke about things that shouldn't be spoken in public. "Uhhhhh.... Yeah." Was all Dunder could think of before going for a new glance inside his mug to make sure that he still had no drink left. "Go home, you're drunk! Or you can crash at wherever I'm going to crash. It'll be like a sleepover or something!" Dunder said and started to chuckle in a fit of laughter. Something about the thought of Java, Dunder, and Fire in a slumber party made the pegasus loose it.

But that was stopped when a new drink appeared in front of him. The volume was nowhere near the same of the old mug, but it was welcome none the less. "Awww yeah. Cheers." He said, softly plinking the glass he held against Fire's before lifting the glass to his mouth, throwing his head back, and slamming the whole thing in one gulp.

"Ohhhh Celestia!" His eyes shot open after swallowing it all down. The liquid made his throat feel like it was evaporating causing the pony to get into a coughing fit. Though mid-cough he could overhear Fire's words to Big Mac.

"Oh yes! Buy the red stallion a drink, I'll pay for him. I've got too many bits." Dunder said before taking a few more coughs to clear his throat out.

(ooc): I sort of lost interest in this RP and besides, Tex Critter and Fluttershy are interacting together in a different RP now so...

(exit Tex Critter)

• 3 weeks later...

16lh8c4.jpg

Thankfully, none of her fellow officers were hanging out in the little bar, or they would have made fun of the red lieutenant for having such a 'girly' drink. Fire Walker quickly shifted away from such thoughts and focused on what sort of drink, Big Macintosh would enjoy. She also pondered if he earned the 'Big' name as he got older, or was he a big foal right at birth? Still, the stallion was rather impressive all over, and was probably the result of several generations of hard working farming ponies. She waved Dunder off, "No worries. I'm picking the drink. I'll pay the tab.", she also wanted to order his sister one as well, but Lady Applejack appeared to be nearing her night's limit.

"Hmmm.", the red stallion was probably not the type to be seen sipping strawberry daiquiris, but he seemed to enjoy apple cider. "Oooh! How about this! A warm 'Winter Jack'.." She had enjoyed a glass of the same drink last year, while attending one of Canterlot's many Hearth's Warming Eve street festivals. The drink was a magical combination of whiskey, apple cider and 'seasonal spices'. Tasted like drinking an apple pie. Knowing it took a moment to make, she made sure to order herself a glass, along with one for Dunder. While worried that the whiskey might be a little too much for him, she could always help him out the door and into a nice and warm bed.

"You're going to love this Mister McIntosh.", she added with a wink, "Nice drink to finish off the night. Has your cider, but with a bit of a kick."

She did give Dunder a 'dirty look', "Dunder, onay invitingway othersway otay ymay arent'spay ousehay!", she added in 'Porcine-Equestrian'.

Java rolled his eyes, and laid his head down on the table once more. He didn't need to be told of his state. He already knew well in advanced from the fact that he couldn't see straight, and confused himself, no... his reflection, with a mare! Now that's pretty bad already! And so after inhaling sharply, the pony lifted up his head once more.

It wavered about like a bobble head as he steadied his vision, and honed it in on Dunder with an uncharacteristically scornful gaze. "Did you really suggest me to go home in this condition on my own? My house is five hoof beats away from a neck breaking fall down a buckin mountain. I'm crazy. But not suicidal."

The stallion's head then dropped down for a moment, and rolled about on the table. A hoof then waving up to the mare, who was speaking in a cruel pig-language crossbreed. The pony wasn't quite sure why she was talking like this, but what ever. "Annnd don't worry about me! I'm a good house guest... I clean up. Do dishes. Make everypony breakfast... like a good butler.... but a guest!"

The stallion then raised his head and leered into the wall, "or maybe that's what a bad house guest does?"

AppleBanner_zps8c0524a4.png

What was the feeling you feel when feeling felt unusual? Everything was existing in this sort of foggy membrane that gave this filmy texture to the patterned behavior of her existence. The glass felt extra thick and her words felt extra, extra thick and heavy as they tumbled out of her mouth. It wasn't like some other ponies who got so tipsy that they got all excited and fast with their words, like little ol' Martini here and her walking talking stallion pillow. That pony- wooeee, was she starting to sound like somepony's high school crush or what? Sweet Celestia above, but braces on her and Cheerilee would need to worry about somepony trying to copy her more awkward days and ways. No matter what though she was getting a bit on the fuzzy side of the night and the fuzzy side could be the fun side.

But was she able to have fun the next day? Sure she'd blocked off time for the eventual hangover to wear off and sure she could work it no matter what like the best of them, but that didn't mean her day was responsibility free. She still had work to do and apples to sell later in the day, and no doubt Apple Bloom and her Crusader friends would come up with some fresh scheme that while innocent in intent managed to ruin the work of the day. As thick and filmy as the world was right now she was in no position to do any of the really great ideas that came to mind, such as starting a line dance or starting a fight for the sake of it. She would even consider forcing her brother to open up by whispering all sort of secrets to the pretty guard mare he was very busy non-committaly chatting up. Her brother did not have the smoothest moves. Then again it wasn't as if his mare for the night was burning up the dance floor or the imaginations of stallions the bar over with her tantalizing conversation. Match made in matchmaker heaven thanks to matchmaker to the stars, drunk Applejack.

Applejack reached towards the next shot glass and pushed it away. As much as she wanted to and thought she could continue, Applejack knew she'd regret it more the next day with every additional shot. The world was fuzzy enough and she was about to enter the second stage of Apple drunkeness which was where the dancing and fighting and bad decisions came in. so best to cut it off now. Forfeiting a match she could and would win was tough, but not as tough as the morning was going to be. Applejack pushed it away and smiled, head tilting a bit to either side as she balanced herself out through sheer force of will. Lucky Martini was lucky. Applejack still felt like a very filmy and thick set of hundred bit coins clanking around a donation jar. She had at least ten on ten shots still left in her! Curse the last vestiges of good sense that prevailed in a final attempt to get some sense to roll around.

“Hehehehe...Ah think its more like, err...thirty-one to thirty me bu...t...Ah'll have to letcha win this one. Ah don't think it'd be shmart ta hic do the left...stay on it, and Ah'll not...err...I hafta work...” she sighed as her ears drooped. Defeat was never easy to admit.

Sans Comique was a little out of her depth, it seemed - the batpony never really having been in quite the rowdy environment quite as this before, and feeling just a little uncertain that she really needed to be here...what with the drunk contest between the mares in one corner, and the rather awkward tales of drunk pony love conquests in another - she wasn't really sure she knew quite why she'd even come in here save to check out the joint in the first place. She looks at her cider a moment and took a brief sip - it was kinda sweet, but strong...not bad, the kinda stuff that would probably put hairs on anyponys chest or something. She made a few more tentative sips of the drink, keeping her eyes peeled on the atmosphere surrounding her, curious at just what kind of things might strike inspiration...although, she figured with a quick chuckle, the cider itself might do that well enough all on it's own if she had too much.

Well, whatever - there wasn't really much need to worry a whole bunch about other than keeping her eyes out for anything that might spark a little idea or two about something for a strip...and thus, with a notepad out and her mind focused as much as she could on the objective at hoof, Sans Comique becomes as of the fly on the wall - present, watchful but uninvolved with the surrounding situations - well, at least that was the plan at the moment!

{ Brazil post shall be made tomorrow! }

Martini Paradise had lost count quite a while ago; that is if she could still manage to count at all in her current condition. Still, she was certain she had more downturned glasses than Applejack. The problem was the orange mare wasn’t giving in, at least while they were still drinking the hard cider. Although Martini was just aware enough to know she had far more shots then what was considered safe, but her pride just couldn’t let this contest go, no matter how blurred her vision was, how slurred her words may be, and how sick she will no doubt get, she just felt this was her domain and no outsider was going to put her under the table, thank you very much!

However Applejack switched from hard cider to Double Spices, a surprise move that caught Martini off-guard at first, but Applejack was even more unprepared for after only one, and much to Martini’s surprise, the farmer mare suddenly conceded defeat! Sure she claimed she could continue, but no matter how the orange farmer mare attempted to justify the reasoning behind her concession, defeat was defeat! “Yeeeeeeah!! Wooo.. Uh.. Hooooo!” Green sparks popped out of Martini’s horn in victory, although in reality what was supposed to be little fireworks was more like a weak fizzle. She raised her hooves in the air, almost falling over, “numba one, numba one! Unnf! Like, no, uh, no waaan can drink this er, unicorn under the, under the, you know, that thing… Table! Yeah, that’s it, the table!”

Martini was about to get up and dance around, at least that was her not well thought out plan, when she noticed how down Applejack looked. It appeared that the earth pony was quite competitive and not the sort who was used to, or prone to losing. It was best then not to rub it in, it was just a friendly contest after all, nothing was at stake, except maybe friendship if she proved to be a sore winner.

It took a minute, but Martini managed to stumble her way over to AJ and gave her weak but sincere hug, “aww, no worries uhh.. hon. You were, you were, like, awesome!! Yeah! U-Usually no pony does as well as yuuuuu… So no long faces, ‘kay?” She gave another sloppy, friendly snug along with a kiss on the cheek, “we gotta like, ya know, hang out some..time, when weren’t not, uhh.. Ya know, like this!”

As much as she would like to talk some more, Martini knew she was too far gone to think deeply about much, well, much of anything. She stumbled in a small zig zag pattern back to where Brazil Nut was sitting before collapsing along his side. “errr…hon, I uh, I uh, think I need you to carry me to ahh bed, I need to sleep this..well, I need to like sleep, and water too, lots of water. Yer going to uh, have to be mah nurse tonight hon” She leaned up as best she could, “I promise uhh, I’ll make it up to you to-tomorrow night, in uh, my own special way, alllll night long…” She gave her best sly smile and wink, before just laying down, waiting for him to carry her away to some place cozy, dark, and quiet…

As soon as Dunder offered to pay for the drink, Big Mac swung his head towards the gray stallion. His facial expression was puzzled, but grateful. Embarrassed but relieved. He did not like the idea of having the mare pay for him, but at the same time, having another stallion pay for his drink could be as embarrassing. And then, the mare refused him, too. Taking the right to buy Macintosh's drink for him. He wasn't going to make an argument about it. But he did have enough bits with him. He would just have to make sure he puts down the tip before the other ponies do.

When asked about the drink, Macintosh didn't really know what to say. She mentioned a drink called a winter jack. Big Macintosh, for the same reasons as before, would not refuse and not argue with it, something a kind attractive mare would buy for him at the bar. The fact that it contained apples was a good sign, but he had never taken this much liberty to find out all the different drinks one can order at a social alcoholic gathering. "Er..." Big Macintosh tried to keep himself from sounding lethargic. "Eeyup." He nodded, scooting close to the bar's edge and closer to the mare ready to grab the drink when it was ready. This would be Big Macinotsh's third drink tonight. He could drink his weight which means he was far from in danger of over-drinking. But every pony's third drink gave them at least a little buzz to take the edge off.

When the drink came, Big Macintosh steadily grabbed the drink and sloshed a sip down his throat. It was going to be more than a sip, him being used to chugging cold cider at will, but the sweetness and whiskeyness of the drink pulled him back from continuing to sip, and he coughed. The drink was good, just like she said. But his face was redder than normal as he continued to cough a few times. Good going, Mac.

Archived