[Changling]Creeping Shadow[FINAL]

Ashton

Name: Creeping Shadow (Though often uses the alias "Emerald Dream")

Sex: Female

Species: Changeling

Eye colour: Blue

Character colour: Black

Mane/Tail/Other: Black

Physique: A little on the thin side from moving around so much and never having enough to eat (love-wise or food wise)

Residence: None

Cutie Mark: NA

Unique Traits: Usually 'defaults' not into her changeling form, but that of "Emerald Dream" a pony she befriended and felt was like a sister and honors her last wish by 'being' her. Has learned to feed on entire groups of pony's love, allowing her to take less from each one and also can survive on Lust when love is not available (though it's the equivalent to junkfood and is not healthy)

History:

Shadow Grew up with the rest of the changelings under Crysalis, though she felt there was a better way to live than just find a city, conquer it, feed, repeat. After the failed invasion of Canterlot (which she played only the most minor part in - never even seeing or hearing about the Element Bearers) she was separated from the other changelings. As such, she never knew about the follow-up invasion that left a further bad taste int he pony's mouths about the changelings...

However, instead she met a unicorn by the name of Emerald Dream who's talent was seeing into dreams and interpreting them. She could see Shadow's desires and taught her true morality as opposed to the evil viewpoint that crysalis preached to them. She taught Shadow to value life and hard work over killing and stealing. Dream also stressed honesty - when possible - and always helping out others, no matter how you feel about them (at the very least you never know when you'll be in a bind and need their help). Becides morality, she also taught shadow about pony culture as well as how to live off the land - foraging for plants, buries, seeds, etc that were helpful (and which ones were harmful, as well as those with medicinal use), to say she gave shadow a new outlook on like would be rude - under the guidance of Emerald dream, Shadow was completely reborn!

Despite her age, Emerald dream would hear nothing of being a "Mother figure" and instead accepted her role as being "big sister". Unfortunately, Emerald Dream was old and after only a few years passed on. Her last wish was for Shadow to remember everything she'd ben taught, and to never "permanently" steal another pony's life, instead to 'continue' Emerald Dream's life helping others and living as if she really were Emerald Dream (and while Shadow still shape-shifts plenty and 'borrows' other pony's forms to blend in and learn, she keeps per promise to Emerald and lives most of her life in that pony's form --- albeit not always as a unicorn, depending on the location and circumstance). To this day she still tries to help ponies who are heading down the wrong moral path or are troubled by their dreams, and any changeling who will listen.

Character Summary/Personality:

A changeling is not 'born evil' and Shadow shows this. Her 'Moral Compass' always had a proper heading and still does, even if it's a little off due to having to live as a shapeshifter who's species is, overall, reviled (not to mention impossible to distinguish from one-another). While she has a bit of a bad streak in her, she is a good creature who tries to help anypony she can and has never intentionally used her powers to cause trouble --- though she often leaves a lot of confusion in her wake since ponies are seen 'not acting like themselves' quite often, she usually moves on before she's discovered and always changes forms before she causes any permanent damage to any pony's reputation.

When not impersonating another pony, Shadow usually uses the form of her late 'sister' Emerald Dream (a white mare with green mane/tail/eyes with a cutiemark of an emerald filled with myst, sitting inside myst itself representing the many levels of meaning inside a dream), including using everything Emerald taught her about interpreting dreams to help those who seek guidance. Though reports of her are quite mixed since 'Emerald Dream' has appeared around equestria as all three races of pony.

Her own dream is to one day find a town she can settle down in and meet friends, perhaps form a family. Her favorite saying is "Family does not end with blood" and her love for Emerald Dream shows that the practices what she preaches.

I feel, with the importance of Emerald Dream and the fact your character is taking her form you should elaborate more on her. I think the History could use a bit more information about the time they spent together, what made Emerald Dream so special? What did she show Shadow? What made this mare so special to Shadow that, even after death, Shadow listens to her, keeps her advice true to heart and follows a morally correct and a 'good' path.

Also I think a bit of fleshing out of her Emerald Dream form, since you say she will sue that form most of the time, is needed. I do see you briefly describe her, but I think it need a bit more information to it, let us really see what she looks like. Also in her Emerald Dream form does she retain the Cutie mark? If so what was this cutie mark? what did it represent.

Sorry if I'm coming across to strong, not used to commenting to help people, but with how long i have been on this site and how much help I have received I wanna start helping people where I can :3

Normally, RPHers don't comment on an app until it is at 'Ready' status, but since you've asked for comments, I'll be more than happy to comply!

This app looks very, very good! All of the required fields are filled, but MoonlightFrost does make an excellent point. This app is rather brief in places. If you wouldn't mind adding more content to the History and Character Summary sections, that would go a long way towards making this app ready for approval!

:D:D:D

@ moon:

Very good suggestions... I'll see what I can do, I'm trying to keep as much secret as I can to have shocking reveals as characters get to know shadow (honestly I hate applications because I've already been forced to reveal she's a changeling instead of a player in the middle of the RP suddenly gasping and exclaiming "What?! I wasn't expecting that! I didnt plan for that!")

Also it's hard to explain ED's relation to shadow, at least in a way that fits in - basically shadow was still very foal-like and ED filled the role of a mother, but she refused to be seen as such, so she became the 'older sister' instead.

I will flesh out the description of ED though... just a little tricky since I want her to be kinda 'mystic' but not to the point of 'hippy' lol

@ Mojo:

Thank you, I've been playing around with this character for a while so the basics are fairly 'set in stone' by now.

I was trying to hold things back, and also not make the app insanely long (I could probably write about 10-20 pages on just these two's relationship, far longer if it was a stor with a 'before' and 'after' involved) I'll see what I can do to expand it.

Thank you both!

Archived