Map question.

CaptainMcDerp

I was gonna start an RP that involves traveling from Bareback Gulch to Manehatten in order to trade gems for profit. The main problem I'm having is choosing the best route and accurately depicting the areas. I'm also unsure as to which towns are accessible by train. I might be over thinking it, but I'd like to prevent any accidental lore building. :razz:

We generally don't police how characters move from one place to another, and on top of that, the idea seems to be that most, if not all, places on the map are near a train station if not /housing/ a train station. Manehattan would definitely have a train station, and Bareback Gulch... Since it's so separated, may well have one, as well. If not, at the very least there would be one in Las Pegasus, and the travellers could easily just walk to Las Pegasus and then hop a train to Manehattan.

Basically, don't worry too much about it. If you step over a line, someone'll let you know, but you probably won't get in trouble for something like what you're describing. :)

We generally don't police how characters move from one place to another, and on top of that, the idea seems to be that most, if not all, places on the map are near a train station if not /housing/ a train station. Manehattan would definitely have a train station, and Bareback Gulch... Since it's so separated, may well have one, as well. If not, at the very least there would be one in Las Pegasus, and the travellers could easily just walk to Las Pegasus and then hop a train to Manehattan.

Basically, don't worry too much about it. If you step over a line, someone'll let you know, but you probably won't get in trouble for something like what you're describing. :)

Thanks for such a fast response. :D I was planning on making the trip have some conflict with thieves and such but I don't see that realistically happening with a route like that. I could be over thinking it again but I miiight try and think of an alternative destination that would provide more of a risk.

Well, you could always just have them hoof it anyway. There are a few Diamond Dog encampments between Bareback Gulch and Manehattan, and, y'know, Diamond Dogs REALLY like gems, sooo...

Well, you could always just have them hoof it anyway. There are a few Diamond Dog encampments between Bareback Gulch and Manehattan, and, y'know, Diamond Dogs REALLY like gems, sooo...

The rails between Las Pagasus and Manehatten could be in need of emergency repairs at the moment and wouldn't be fixed for while, thus giving them no choice but to hoof it. My merchant character would naturally take the safest way possible so I wanted to knock her out of her comfort zone. XD Good call with the Diamond Dogs. Methinks I'll be staring an interest check soon. Thanks a bunch for all the help. :)

Archived