Pony Pet Playdate (Private: MoonliteFrost, Mojo)

Mojo

U4NzHv7.jpg

It was a very sunny, pleasant morning in Ponyville. On a field outside of town walked a tall, handsome unicorn stallion dressed in Western attire. Beside him walked one of his many animal friends, a brown beaver named Bucky.

"Reckon we got here a might early, Bucky," Tex Critter said to his pet. "Well, like they say, better ta be early than late, that's for sure. I'm glad Miss Fluttershy agreed to this here Pony-Pet playdate idear. I'd really like ta git the chance ta git ta know here better without me comin' on too strong an' scarin' her so much."

Bucky turned towards the unicorn stallion and responded with noises and chittering.

"Ok ok, I know this was YUR idear, pal. Ya don't gotta rub it in."

Bucky chittered more in reply.

"Yeah, I do like her, Bucky, but everytime I sing songs ta her, she gits all nervous. How kin I tell her how much I care about her without spookin' her?"

Hearing the question, Bucky shrugs his tiny beaver shoulders.

"Well, guess I'm gonna haveta figger than one out fer mahself. I wonder where Fluttershy is, and what critter she'll bring with her?"

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

aXf0zmO.png

Fluttershy sighed as she walked down the small wooded path that lead from her cottage by the Everfree to the garden where she was having this d..meeting with Tex Critter, she looked at the trees and the wildlife as she slowly trotted down the dirt path. A light poke on her head and a few squeaks made her slow and look back to the bunny who sat upon her back and on the little saddle for him.

"Yes Angel, I know I agreed to this Date, but it's not that kind of date," she said to the bunny, "It's a critter play date, we both bring a little critter and let them play, that's it," she said with a smile.

Angel huffed and squeaked some more and Fluttershy sighed, "I know, I know, your right, Tex does seem...fond of me," she said, "but Angel it's not that simple, I mean I'm nervous around ponies as it is, if i remind myself of the way he can act then..well I get all flustered and nervous!"

Angel smiled and squeked a few more times making Fluttershy turn beat red and look forward, "No..I mean maybe a bit, but it's just..he so perfect, he is just like me and he sings so amazing!" she sighed, "But..I just dunno if I'm ready to date..ever" she said and shook her head as she saw the spot not too far off, "now enough of that, we're almost there!"

--------------------------------------------------------------------

After a little bit more of the trail it opened into a large clearing with a small lake that had a lovely little waterfall by it, the trees around the area let just the right amount of light out to keep it cool and shaded but also not dark and scary. The light breeze made the cool water give a light refreshing misting to the lakeside, Fluttershy enjoyed laying by the waterside and letting the mist cool her off. She soon arrived and noticed Tex and his beaver pal..bucky was it? They must have gotten here not too long ago as she swore she heard them chatting just a second ago, but she was never one to eavesdrop or pry at a conversation she she just smiled and slowly walked over, keeping calm. Angel quickly hopped of her back and ran over while she took a gradual pace to them, starting to get abit nervous at the sight of Tex. It was true, she had some sort of feelings for the Stallion, but love and compassion, in a romantic sense, were not her forte and he knew not how to approach it. She figured, if he was "the one" then it would work out in the end, until they she would act natural, well s natural as a blushing young shy mare could be around a stallion she liked.

"h..hey Tex," she said softly as she approached, "I..I see you brought your Beaver friend, B..Bucky right?" she asked, more towards the beaver then Tex himself.

At first, Tex Critter was at a loss for words. He wanted to burst out into his traditional loud "HOWDY!" greeting, but because of Fluttershy's shy nature, he quickly dismissed that idea. Bucky could sense the unicorn stallion's hesitation, so after he cautiously moved closer to Fluttershy, he slapped Tex under the chin with his big, flat tail to get him to start talking.

"Ah, er, hi, Miss Fluttershy," Tex said in a very calm, soft voice. "I see you brought a bunny, he's quite a cute rascal, ain't he?"

As Bucky nodded with approval, the beaver made his way over to Angel, giving the rabbit a warm, beaver type greeting. Meanwhile, Tex sat down on the far end of a nearby bench, hoping Fluttershy would join him there.

Angel squeaked to the Beaver in greeting and waited until Fluttershy and Tex were out of earshot and turned to the beaver with a serious face, "Alright we gotta get a plan," he said to the beaver, "Look it's clear Fluttershy and Tex have feeling, and as there critter companions, we have to find a way to bring them together," he said and smiled, "Don't get me wrong I enjoy having Fluttershy to myself, but..she needs a nice Stallion, I can see she gets lonely from time to time," he explained, "but she hides it very well and her own shyness makes it hard for her to even try"

--------------------------------------

Fluttershy stepped away from Angel as he went off with Bucky, she thought they were quite cute together, two fuzzy little friends. She then turned back as Tex spoke about Angel and she smiled, "t..thank you, h..he can be a handful at times but he is my most beloved animal," she said softly as she slowly followed and sat on the far other side of the bench and stared at the ground and waited. She was unsure if she should talk first, or wait for him, it was mares first, but did that apply here? What if she upset or angered him by speaking out of turn? Was there a turn order here, It was just a critter playdate, this wasn't for them, was it?

Bucky was surprised to 'hear' Angel telling him of his desire to see Fluttershy and Tex Critter together as a couple. The beaver was surprised because, he had been thinking along those same lines himself!

"I was thinking the same thing, Angel," Bucky 'spoke' to his new rabbit friend. "Tex can be very bold and he has seen in the past that this sort of boldness frightens Miss Fluttershy. Now Tex is afraid to speak or make a move for fear of scaring her off. We have to do something to get these two together. Have you any suggestions?"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Meanwhile, Tex was inwardly pleased to see that Fluttershy had taken the cue and was now sitting on the same bench as he was. Though they were on opposite sides of the bench, at least this was progress, so to speak. The unicorn stallion fought his inner urges to break out into song or start a long, one-sided conversation. So, he chose to respond to the beaufitul mare's words.

"Well, sometimes ol' Bucky kin git a little wild too, like the time I was performin' onstage in Fillydelphia an' ol' Bucky was backstage, knawin' on the stage's supporting struts. Lucky it didn't collaspe, but I had ta pay out a lot of bits fer repairs."

Suddenly, Tex stopped speaking, fearing that he was becoming too dominant in the conversation. Still wanting to 'break the ice', the Western attired unicorn spoke again.

"Er, nice weather we're havin' lately, ain't it?"

Angel sighed as he thought, "I'm not sure, making Fluttershy come out of her protective bunker is not an easy feet," he smirked, "I remember how hard it was to even get her to talk to Luna, and she is the Princess of the Night!" he said, "and her having this crush makes it harder as she doesn't understand this feeling of love," he said, "she never has, well except toward animals that is," he said, "hmm maybe that would work, but that would be super dangerous," he said mostly to himself.

----------

Fluttershy watched the critters chat from a distance but listened to Tex with full interest, he had a lot of good stories to tell but it seemed odd, today he kept his story sweet and simple. She didn't mind that, it was fine he could do what he wanted, but he usually talked more then that. She looked down when he asked about the weather, "the weather is very beautiful, the breeze is so lovely and the cool air is so relaxing," she said with a warm smile as she looked over to him.

It was official, Angel and Bucky were definitly on the same page in their desires for Fluttershy and Tex Critter to become better acquainted. The brown beaver decided to appeal to logic.

"Do you think the two of them would listen to us? After all, Fluttershy can understand you and Tex can understand me. Do you suppose if we just went up to them and told them they were meant for each other, they'd get the clue and stop acting so nervous towards one another?"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As Tex Critter sat on the same bench with Fluttershy, he could hear some of the critter's conversation though he couldn't gather much of it since the rabbit and beaver were so far away. The mind of the unicorn stallion was racing in all directions, trying to come up with more to say to Fluttershy without overwhelming her. Listening to the Pegasus mare's reply, Tex Critter clears his throat and responds.

"Yep! Real nice breeze out here today. Perfect day fer our critters ta have some exercise together."

Angel shook his head, "I doubt that would work, even if Tex listened," he looked the Fluttershy then back to Bucky, "Fluttershy wouldn't, either she would deny it or flee, making it more of a hassle," he said, "we have to create a scenario that brings them together, making them be close and realize there feelings themselves" Angel said to Bucky and sighed

He stretched his back and looked around, "hmm, there is a stream nearby, maybe pretend one of us got caught in the river?" he said and sighed, "I know its risky, but Fluttershy is an egg made of rock, she is not broken easily," he said and sighed.

-------------------------------------------------------

Fluttershy nodded, "yes, anytime I can get Angel out of the house is a good moment," she sighed, "he is such a handful, he is a great critter but he can be pushy and demanding at times," she said looking at him, "Like this one time I had to go to the market to pick out specific ingredients for a special salad so he would eat dinner," she looked down, "Since then I have learned to be a bit more demanding but he is still a handful.." she suddenly froze, "Oh my, I'm so sorry I've been talking a bit to much," she said looking down blushing.

Bucky nodded in approval of Angel's idea.

"Well, if we did that, you'd have to be the one pretending to be caught in the river since beavers are natural swimmers. My guess would be, if they saw you caught in the river, Tex would tell me to save you anyway, so that part of your plan will work. The question is, will this be enough to bring the two of them together?"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To the surprise of Tex Critter, Fluttershy began to open up, to speak freely for a while, before the Pegasus mare reverted to shyness and apologized for her ramblings.

"You ain't been talkin' too much, Miss Fluttershy," the unicorn stallion said calmly. "Ain't nuttin' wrong with expressin' yurself. I loved yur story about Angel's salad! I kinda wish Bucky would be a little more choosy about what he likes to eat, or more specifically, what he likes to chew on. I know beavers love ta knaw on wood an' all, but he needs ta stick ta trees an' not go knawn' on mah furniture."

Now, it was Tex who paused, thinking he had spoken too much at one time.

Fluttershy looked at Tex, "Oh chewing problem, try using a bit of vinegar on the furniture," she said, "Gives it a foul taste but doesn't harm the little guy, or the wood, will make him think twice about it," she said and looked down and shuffled a hoof in the dirt below, she was unsure what to say or do, it was a bit nerve wracking to her being alone with a stallion. She sighed, What would on of my friends do she thought, wanna impress him but not directly confront him.....ugh...

-------------------------------------------------------------

Angel shook his head, "no no that wouldn't work," he said, "if its got an easy solution then it will not make them work together," he said, "We have to figure out a way to get them close and working hoof in hoof to make them realize what they mean to one another" he said and groaned, "This what's so hard about living with Fluttershy, she shyest most scared pony in all of Equestria," he said, "If a leaf fell on her back she would pass out, so getting her to talk to a pony," he chuckled, "Let's just say I'm surprised she is still sitting on the bench at the moment"

Bucky watched and listened to the conversation taking place on the bench.

"Well Angel, we have to do something!" the beaver squeaked, "if you don't have an idea, pal, I think I do!"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Vinegar!" Tex Critter neighed, "what a great idea! Never wouldda thunk ta do that mahself. Thanks a heap, Miss Fluttershy."

Quickly, Tex reigned in his emotions, for fear of scaring the beautiful mare away. Sitting on the bench, the Western attired unicorn stallion tried to think of something else to say that was safe and nonthreatening.

"There's lotsa purty flowers round here, ain't they? Do ya know much about flowers, Miss Fluttershy?"

Angel turned to the beaver, "Oh you got an idea?" he said and smiled, "Good let's hear it cuz I'm at a stand still my pal," he said and looked to the two ponies, "I feel, that with enough time, they can work it out," he laughed, "But I don't have that many years to wait," he said as he turned back to Bucky, "So what's you idea and what will we need?" he asked eagerly to the beaver. He just hoped it wasn't to wild or exotic, he was no bunny of all trades so he had limits on what he could do, but he was gonna do his best for Fluttershy, she always did her best for him.

---------------------------------------------------------------

"Oh yes, no problem Tex, critters are my specialty," she said, "Grew up around them after I got my Cutie mark and lived with, and around, them ever since," she said and listed to him talk about flowers. What an odd change in subject, from weather to Bucky's biting, to Flowers, she looked down, I must be making him uncomfortable, maybe I should go? Oh but then Angel would have to leave, oh no that would be so rude to him..oh what should I do? She thought as she shook her head a bit.

"Oh I do know a bit about Flowers, not too much, but enough to make some nice gardens," she said thinking back to her Garden at home and sighed, "Oh I do hope all the critters at home are ok," she said quietly, "Oh they may be lonely, or scared, or worried," she said mostly to herself.

"I'm sure yur critters are doin' fine, Miss Fluttershy," Tex Critter said calmly. "Don't ya worry none."

As Tex continued to look nervous, Bucky decided to take action on his own. Giving a wink to Angel, the agile, fast moving beaver made a mad dash towards the bench the two bashful ponies were sitting on. Scampering up the back of the wooden bench, Bucky snatched Tex's hat with his teeth, zipped over to Fluttershy, placed it on her head before jumping down and rushing back over to Angel. "I HAD to do something, my bunny pal," the beaver squeaked as a stunned Tex Critter immediately scooted over to beautiful Pegasus mare.

"Ya alright, Miss Fluttershy? I don't know what the hay got inta Bucky! He shouldn't have acted up like that. But I do gotta say, you sure look mighty pretty wearin' mah hat. Wish I hadda mirror here so I could show ya."

Hearing this, Bucky looked over at Angel, "How about it, Angel? Can you get your paws on a mirror quick? If you could, it might just be the thing to bring those two ponies together."

Angel smirked a bit as he watched Bucky scurry off to the couple and make his action to bring the ponies closer together. By stealing Tex Critters hat he not only made Tex have to talk to Fluttershy but he revealed more of Tex Critters mane. He looked to Fluttershy and smiled as he saw her turn beat red as the hat was placed on her mane and she looked down a bit as she got even more nervous. Angel looked a bit worried about if this was going to work but it clearly made Tex start approaching her and talking to her more opening, which was a start, Tex even told her how attractive she was, he was getting bold! Then Bucky came back and told him to get a mirror, and though he was a bit skeptical at the effectiveness he hopped away to go fetch one, hoping he wouldn't miss anything...

------------------------------

Fluttershy sat nervously on the bench when she saw the adorable beaver head over toward Tex, she assumed he was about to ask to go away and explore with Angel but instead he did something quite sudden! Bucky plucked the hat from atop Tex and slapped it onto Fluttershy before bounding back to Angel with a bit of a smirk she swore. So there was was, embarrassed that she was now wearing Tex's at and was about to apologize when Tex spoke up about how he didn't know what got into Bucky. "O..Oh i..its ok, h..he's just a bit restle..." she froze when he spoke next, telling her how pretty she was with the hat on, this made her just freeze. What was she to say, or to do? He just told her she was pretty, he admitted he thought she was an attractive mare, even if it seemed only as she was wearing his hat, but still this was a situation she had not planned for. She turned to him blushing, "y..you t..think so?" she asked as she took off the hat, "w..what about without the hat?" she asked.

"Hurry up with that mirror, Angel," Bucky chittered as the beaver returned to where he had stood before, watching with great interest the interaction between Tex Critter and Fluttershy. He smiled when he listened to the shy Pegasus mare's reaction. "C'mon Tex! Say something nice here, you can do it!"

Tex Critter heard Fluttershy's reply to his compliment. Slowly, the unicorn stallion reached up with one hoof and removed the hat from her head.

"And ya look even perty-er without it, Miss Fluttershy," Tex said softly with a toothy grin. "Y'know, if I didn't know better, I'd say that ol' Bucky done this here hat trick on purpose, but that'd be silly, wouldn't it?"

Fluttershy looked down beat red as he spoke to her and took his hat back, he was a flattering stallion when he wanted to be, and sure was sweet to her. She couldn't tell if he truelly cared about her or was just flattering due to her looks, what could she do to make sure? She looked at him and heard him speak about Bucky, she giggled, "Oh come now, I don't think Bucky would want that now would he," she said as she poked him softly and smiled, "Come on, why would he want a mare in your life?" she asked, "I mean that would take away from all the attention you give him!" she said with a bit of a smirk, I know Angel would never want that!

Why am I so happy and open to him? Fluttershy thought to herself, Is this what love does? It's so odd she said sne looked at Tex with a warm smiled

----------------------------

Angel came back a moment later, panting a bit, "I..I couldn't find her hoof mirror, only mirror we have is a massive one I cannot get on my own," he said, "Would even be hard with both of us," he said and looked to the two ponies, "Plus, I don't think we really need it, now do we?" he smiled. He looked toward the woods as his ear twitched and then he looked back, "swore I heard something, must be the breeze," he said, not realizing the wind had gone still.

"And why wouldn't I want a lovely mare like you in mah life, Miss Fluttershy?" Tex Critter asked softly, looking deeply into the eyes of the pink maned mare. "You're kind, caring, thoughtful, it's no wonder you represent the Element of Kindness. Look, I don't wanna scare ya off, but I just gotta say this, right here, right now. I really like ya a lot, Miss Fluttershy, an' I'd sure love the chance ta git ta know ya better."

Hearing this caused Bucky to cheer outloud, raising his front paws to the air in triumph.

"He did it, Angel, ol' Tex really did it! He told her how he feels! How do ya think Fluttershy's going to react?"

[purple?? when did Fluttershy dye her mane XD]

Fluttershy just froze as she listened, the compassion and truth in his voice, his honesty and bluntness to what he thought and how he felt, she was not sure how to react. Part of her wanted to jump and hug him, the feeling of warmth and happiness to fill them both, but was that what he meant? She wondered this, he did say he wanted to get to know her better, was this asking her out in a way? No,no, he wasn't being that rushing, or was he, even if he was did it matter, he was an amazing stallion with so many talents and a great personality. It took her a while to try and calm down from what she heard and the shock to wear off as she slowly breathed out and looked at him, "T..Tex, I..I just don't know what to say," she said looking away, "I'm to nervous, I've never been around a stallion like yourself, one who shares so much in common with me and one who is so caring about me," she said, "Your like a perfect opposite me, except so much sweeter and kinder," she said, "If I didn't know better I would think your the true Element of Kindness," she said softly, and turned back to face him, "So, I would love to get to know eachother better, b..but i'm very scared."

"Shucks, thar ain't no need ta be nervous," Tex Critter said softly, "Ain't nothin' ta fear at all. We'll take our relationship one step at a time, at a pace that you're comfortable with. Maybe we could start by visitin' each other's cottages, bringin' some of our critters along so they kin meet up with each other. Jist take a look at how good ol' Bucky's gettin' along with Angel over there. We could have some more Pony Pet Play dates too. Then, perhaps over time, I could take ya our fer dinner, but only when you feel comfortable with the idea. Like I said, one step at a time. I kinda think I overwhelmed ya the first few times we met when I sang to you. I don't wanna make ya nervous like that, so I'll only sing when you want me to. Who knows? Maybe someday we could sing songs together, I hear tell ya got a mighty fine singin' voice. One step at a time, Miss Fluttershy, what do ya say?"

Fluttershy listened to him and softly closed her eyes as she did, it was a lot to consider herself, she had never thought of dating somepony, let alone a relationship in general. Those things were for fairy-tales after all, simple mares like herself, who lived silent little lives didn't find love usually, but..but love seemed to find her. Funny how it worked, from that first awkward encounter in the Ponyville Watering Hole, to now, it felt like such a short time, was this too fast? She shook her head mentally, No Fluttershy, you can't think like this, he is so perfect, she thought opening her eyes to look at Tex as he finished speaking, Handsome, sweet and kind, and we have so much in common. she said.

She took a few relaxing breaths as she looked at him and blushed, "O..Ok Tex, w..we can try" she said looking to him as she shuffled a hoof, "I..I just worry I won't be good enough," I'm a shy quiet mare, a door closed happy alone, kind of mare," she said as she smiled a bit, "I love my friends and it is great to go out and about, but.." she looked down, "I never dwelled on the idea of love, or a relationship," she said, "So i really don't know the first thing about it," she looked down, "But.." she said looking up and slowly moving her hoof to touch his, "I..If your really willing to take it slow and help me learn, t..then I'll do it," she said and giggled lightly, "after all, I'm not likely to find a stallion quiet like you in a long time,"

"You got it, Miss Fluttershy," Tex Critter said softly as the Western attired unicorn stallion inched closer to her. "I understand completely, and like ya said, we'll take it real slow. Ya need ta have more confidence in yurself, you're a very wonderful mare with a really deep affection fer animals. I know yur shy, an' I kin totally respect that. Maybe our first step should be to learn a bit more about each other. Would ya like ta start by tellin' me more about ya, or do ya want me to begin, Miss Fluttershy?"

Fluttershy listened to Tex, he was always right about her though, was she that easy to read? She smiled warmly as he talked until he began mentioning about discussing about themselves, "I..um..oh, are you sure?" she asked, "I..I mean I really don't wish to burden you and waste your time talking about me," she said and looked away and met eyes with Angel bunny who gave her a stern look and she sighed, "I..I..I mean..why don't you start?"

[sorry bout short post, I really could not figure out what to say :/]

Bucky breathed a sigh of relief, giving Angel a 'high five' as Tex Critter cleared his throat and began to speak softly to Fluttershy.

"Well Miss Fluttershy, thar's a lot ya know about me already. I love critters, reckon that's kinda obvious, an' I love singin' too! In fact, it was mah singin' that brought me fame, even when I was a little colt. Problem fer me was, I lived on a farm way out in the country, had few neighbors an' even fewer friends. So, when I wanted an audience ta listen ta me sing, it was all the nearby forest critters. They became mah best friends an' biggest fans! Take ol' Bucky over thar, his daddy was one of the first critters I sang ta, an' now, he an' his whole family love me! It was durin' all them times I was on the farm when I learned I had, some sorta special ability ta hear an' understand critters of all kinds! I never furgot mah roots, even the day that a talent scout discovered mah talents! I insisted in mah contract that I could have all mah critters with me, they even help me durin' mah shows! I kin remember scarin' Miss Saphhire Shores that one time we dida joint concert an' mah critters rushed up to the stage ta greet me! WOW was that lady frightened outta her wits! I love nature, love critters, love singin', and I love havin' quiet times ta share with, a lovely mare like you."

Fluttershy listened intently to Tex as he spoke, as far as she was concerned he had an amazing and interesting past filled with glorious times. She smiled as she listened, it was comforting to know, that of any stallion out there, she had Tex here to be the first to lead her through a relationship. That was one of the greatest fears Fluttershy had always had about getting involved with a pony, she worried about what to do and if they would help her understand, or worse, take advantage of her sweet nature and her naive mind for some reason or another. She sighed happily as he wrapped up his story and smiled, "Y..your past is so much more exciting then mine Tex," she says looking toward the sky, "There really isn't much to me, or any fame or fortune," she says softly, "Most of my highlights or grand adventurous moments you already know of, as well as most of Equestria," she smiled, "So I really don't know what to tell you," she says with a warm smile

Tex Critter smiled as he began to speak softly to his very special somepony.

"It's true that yur brave adventures are well known throughout Equestria. I'm not going to embarrass ya by listin'm all. I know that fame sorta frightens ya, I sure don't wanna do that agin. So instead of all that, how about ya tell me about you, Miss Fluttershy. What's yur favorite color? What's yur philosophy on life? How does helpin' out yur critter friends help ya learn more about yurself? Things like that. Ya don't have ta share nuthin' with me that ya don't wanna. But I want ya ta know, anythin' ya share with me will be kept private. Tex Critter ain't one ta go blabbin' his mouth about secrets. I won't even tell ya that ol' Bucky snores a lot."

Hearing this made Bucky loudly chatter, throwing his little beaver paws up in the air while stomping up and down on the ground.

"Oops! Sorry Bucky, didn't mean ta let that one slip out like that.."

Archived