Return of Flutterbat [OPEN]

QueenChrysalis747

aXf0zmO.png

It was a dark windy night in Ponyville, a storm seemed to be brewing in the clouds, the Dark and Mysterious clouds covered the sky and the moon. This left Ponyville is mostly darkness that night as winds whipped through the town, rattling the shutters of the homes and rusting trees and making the branches move, like they had a mind all there own. A light rain was coming down but the smell in the air only reeked of a bigger storm to come. It was late and most Ponies were deep into sleep safety in there home, unaware of the shadow that zoomed around Ponyville, hunting for its food, hungry Pink eyes darted to and fro as it hunted for the delicious red food the creature desired. After some hunting it found its mark, a marketplace stand, the owner asleep in there home but the barrel of apples sat out next to the house. With a hiss the creature ripped open the lid and took more then enough to feed itself.....

Morning finally came to Ponyville, Fluttershy groaned awake as she blinked the sleepiness out of her eyes and looked around, her home seemed so peaceful in the morning with all the little critters asleep. She looks down to see her bed was soaked and she tilted her head, "d..do I have a leak?" she asked herself as she got out of bed to find she was soaked as well, "w..why am I so wet?" she asked herself as she pulled back a window to see the sun softly coming through the clouds as the rain continued to come down softly. She headed to her bathroom and dried herself off then headed off to the kitchen to start making breakfast for all her critter friends

Tehengu awoke atop the cloud he had fallen asleep on. The griffon stretched and yawned as he got to his feet, a little damp from the rain cloud. These things were comfortable, he could see why the pegusi liked them so much. Even though the cloud was a wet one, it was better than sleeping underneath it, especially since he had been too tired from his traveling to make it all the way back to his house last night.

He then began to check that everything was in it's rightful place. Armor, bow, arrows, sword, knife, and bandanna. Check, check, check, check, check, and ... where was his bandanna? Looking down, he found the article in question floating towards the ground. Spreading his wings, he flew down to the bandanna, grabbing it and fixing it in it's proper place over his useless eye, leaving the other uncovered.

Taking another look around, he realized he was still outside of Ponyville, though there was a house not far from him. The house had a lot of little critters around it, and he would have taken one for breakfast if it wasn't for the fact they were all so close to the house, suggesting that however lived there either owned the animals or took care of them. There were other ways to get some food.

Lunar Relic awakens on a small table with a book on his horn "Oh man did I fall asleep while reading the book I found?" he asks standing up and heading to his shop before he remembers something "I wonder what that shadow last night was..." he says opening the door to his shop.

"I bet it was nothing I was to focused on my book anyway." he says brushing the thought of it off

A curious thing happened last night. 'Spring Breeze' watched from across the street as a fruit vendor, as well as the guard, inspected the now ravaged stall. The frame had be damaged, a number of items scattered around and a barrel full of apples had been broken open and its contents consumed, with remains spread around the surrounding area. 'Spring Breeze' kept her distance for now. While she was curious and wanting to help, she didn't want to impose and drawing the attention to herself would be risky.

All the same, both for the sake of herself and others she felt it would be good to prepare. The first step for that was to gather information. Even from this distance, it seemed to her like the damage was done by some sort of wild animal, given how the barrel was torn open and collateral damage. While it was a small relief that the creature was after fruit rather than ponies, but that didn't stop it from being dangerous and it was still brave or desperate enough to come into the middle of town.

Having only limited local knowledge, 'Spring Breeze' doubted she'd be able to deduce the answer on her own. Her go-to location for research was the library, but she had another place she wanted to check with first. Though she didn't personally know the mare that well, she knew that Fluttershy, the element of kindness, had a knack for interactions with animals. With any luck, she would know what might be wandering around the town.

Her mind made up for the moment, 'Spring Breeze' made her way toward Fluttershy's cottage on the edge of town.

Archived