Hawkeye (Ready)

Hawkeye12

Roleplay Type: World of Equestria

Name: Hawkeye

Sex: Male

Species: Griffon

Eye colour: Golden Yellow

Coat: Hawk's coat are beautiful shades of brown features and fur, with golden yellow claws.

Mane/Tail: The feathers on Hawk's head are dark brown, usually styled slicked back and neat. His tail is dark brown with a tuft of blackish brown fur at the tip.

Physique: Hawk is slightly smaller than most griffons his age, but is well built.

Residence: Hawk has a home in Talonopolis, but often travels around Equestria, both for tournaments and for enjoyment.

Cutie Mark: None.

History: Hawkeye was originally named Hawkshadow, and born right in the heart of Talonopolis, the General Level. He enjoyed his life growing up there, being raised as an only child of two loving parents. While Hawk loved them both, he was rather close to his father. The two would often spend days wandering through the streets of the city, looking for something new and exciting to do.

It was on one of these days that Hawk and his father passed an archery shop. It looked like it had been there for a while, but they had never noticed it before. "Wow, it's been literally decades since I've laid my claws on a fine bow,” his father said. “Wanna go in?” Hawk was surprised. He never knew his father knew how to use a bow and arrow! He nodded excitedly, and the two entered.

The owner of the shop was a kind but older griffon, and he greeted the two warmly. Hawk and his dad bought two bows, one for each of them, and sixteen arrows, eight for each of them. After that, Hawk’s dad took the young griffon home and they went to their backyard.

“Yep, I was a fine archer back in the day,” Hawk’s father said. “Won competitions all over the place. It may not be a popular sport, but I was pretty good at it.” Hawk looked up at his dad, confused. “So what made you quit?” he asked. His dad replied with a shrug. “Let’s just say I met ended up meeting the love of my life. Didn’t have enough time to shoot arrows.” He grinned. “But I’ve always wanted to start back up again. What better time than now? Plus, I get to teach my own son.”

And so Hawk was first taught how to use a bow that day. The two of them trained out in their backyard, shooting at a tree, practically every day. Hawk loved it. Archery was definitely his passion.

But of course, the young griffon grew up and was sent to the real world, where he is now. He’s participated in every archery tournament he could, eventually gaining the name “Hawkeye.” He doesn’t have a whole lot of bits, but he doesn’t care. He hopes to open an archery shop of his own one day, in memory of his father.

Character Summary: Hawkeye is a friendly, competitive, but slightly cocky griffon who almost always has a bow and arrows on him. He spends almost every day training at shooting something, whether it’s as simple as a tree, or a moving target. To put it simple, Hawk is happiest with a bow in claw.

Of course, he likes to do lots of other things as well. On especially nice days, Hawk will put down his arrows and spend the whole day in the sky. He may not be a Wonderbolt, but Hawk loves flying and being in the clouds. You may even find him laying on a cloud, napping the day away! He also likes to be with his friends. Hawk can be a jokester at times, and isn’t afraid to pull a good prank when the opportunity strikes.

Hawkeye is always one for a good competition. And the best thing about competitions- winning! But of course, when you love winning, you obviously hate losing. Hawkeye may be a bit of a sore loser at times. But there’s something else that Hawkeye hates even more than losing, and that’s embarrassment. Hawk’s greatest fear is being embarrassed in front of people, being the laughing stock of Equestria. He’ll do anything to avoid embarrassment, even if it’s inevitable. Oh, and he’s also afraid of rats. But nopony knows that.

All in all, Hawkeye may be cocky and a sore loser, but he’s always true to his friends. He’s never afraid to help somepony out if they’re in need. There’s nothing like a good friend having your back to Hawkeye.

Archived